Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Stampin' Flybabies (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stampin-flybabies-f392/)
-   -   JUNE'S Daily Fluttering & Chatting (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stampin-flybabies-f392/junes-daily-fluttering-chatting-t573786.html)

Scraperwannabe 06-01-2013 03:31 AM

JUNE'S Daily Fluttering & Chatting

Welcome to June!!

This month's Flylady habit is drinking your water.

ashjoy 06-01-2013 03:49 AM

Perfect habbit I need to work on this one.

Today
Kitchen routine
Yard sales?
Relaxing

kramomma 06-01-2013 04:29 AM

Hi to all the lurkers...my oh my...18 views and only 1 post...

Drinking lots of water is suppose to help kidney stones...krapoppa needs to drink about a gallon today!

Pink Snuggles has a harp recital she is part of today...she is the most advanced student as far as we know...responsibility with that position! Another one tomorrow afternoon for someone else in a different town...her's will be in October or November and will culminate her college degree and a recital...it will be a BIG deal in her life...

Scraperwannabe...glad you stayed safe...and may the boys do well because they have trained well.

Scraperwannabe 06-01-2013 04:34 AM

This part of the state has had tons of rain & therefore mud/slosh. Today might not be a day of who trained the hardest, but who can slosh the best!! ;) ;)

mrslaird 06-01-2013 06:20 AM

Happy June! The kids have their first swim lesson today. I still feel sickly so hoping it's a quiet, laid back day.

Misti, so glad y'all made it safely!

ohmypaper! 06-01-2013 06:51 AM

So glad to read this morning that you are safe and sound Misti. Keeping fingers crossed your boys SLOSH well!!!!

Paula, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Hope swimming goes well!

As for the habit....I need to just drink water....and not eat for the next week to be somewhat less hideous before I see northern relatives 10-11 days from now!

We had an amazing time! We managed to visit 5 National Parks and 1 state park in AZ and UT. FABULOUS views. Wonderful dry air!!!! Will post some pictures when life returns to normal here.

mrslaird 06-01-2013 07:27 AM

Jeff just took all three kids to the gym and then to swim and I just took ibuprofen so maybe in a minute I will feel like peeling myself off the couch. :)

Angie, sounds like an awesome trip!

edith199 06-01-2013 07:59 AM

drinking enough water shouldn't be a problem... as long as it's coffee flavoured :p

the sun is shining

kramomma, how exciting for PS to be seeing the light at the end of this tunnel. I'm sure there's much practicing yet ahead of her as she prepares for those final recitals

a walk down memory lane.... I remember DS2's 3rd & 4th year concerts... the 4th year one was very difficult but it gave him something on which to focus; And although he could have rescheduled it, he went ahead with it and did well!! He dedicated one of the songs to his Dad. I'm glad I didn't know about that ahead of time!!

Misti, I'm glad you made it safely ahead of all the storms... hope the boys slosh well today!!

ashjoy 06-01-2013 12:02 PM

We had such a beautiful day here. Summer has finally made its way here. We did go o a community area yard sales today,then packed a cooler and picked up sandwiches and had lunch at the nature preserve.

Kitchen routine done
Laundry, only needed folding done
Baking a loaf of gf bread for a sibling

Researching recipe for Bavarian cream filling. Anybody have a good recipe?

kramomma 06-01-2013 03:52 PM

mrslaird...have you seen this?

40 Awesome Gifts to Make for Boys - Tip Junkie

mrslaird 06-01-2013 03:57 PM

Hey! It has been a quiet day so far. :) I rearranged a couple of things, did a little cleaning, and made a super simple card while everyone was gone this morning. Watched a knitting tutorial on YouTube, did not have sugar, painted my nails (essie bachelorette bash), and just now pushed Amelia on the swings. (Jeff took the boys to the neighborhood pool.)

I'd like to do a little more cleaning, finish the card I started, look through the things we have that are framed and see if there's anything I can get Jeff to put up tomorrow. ;) oh, also cast on a dishcloth and go through my coupons. :)

mrslaird 06-01-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20186795)
mrslaird...have you seen this?

40 Awesome Gifts to Make for Boys - Tip Junkie

No! Thanks bunches! I've seen some of these tutorials individually, but not all of them! What a great list!!!

edith199 06-01-2013 05:02 PM

errands, errands and more errands....

now to see if I can finish off a rough draft of my next paper...

ashjoy 06-01-2013 05:56 PM

Kramomma, what a huge accomplishment. Would love to hear her play.

Edith, you rarely have a breathe between papers. Hope you are taking an occasional mental health day.

Kramomma, how did you know thread views?

Cake is baked, Bavarian cream filling is chilling, strawberries are cleaned and sliced will finish cake tomorrow afternoon. Dd should be home in time for dinner tomorrow:)

edith199 06-01-2013 06:54 PM

I'm not kramomma... but on the page where all the threads are listed is found some interesting info (i.e. # views; #replies) :)

Stampin' Flybabies - Splitcoaststampers

as for taking a breath between papers... I can't really afford to do that... This is a course that is considered a hybrid. I flew to Vancouver for a 4-day intensive (lectures 8:30 - 4:30 each day) and then we have the syllabus which lays out assignments & due dates for the remainder of the course. At this point, I have two analysis papers due Jun 17 and then a final integrated paper due Jun 30. Although each of the two analysis papers are only worth 10% each of the final mark and although they allot 10 hrs for each paper, I find that it takes me WAY more time to complete each assignment. So, I spend most of my 'free' time slogging away at this...

ohmypaper! 06-02-2013 05:29 AM

thanks Edith and Kramomma for pointing out the views and comments. That is quite interesting! 14 replies right now but 154 views! Wow!

Wow! Edith that's a lot of work!!! Glad you are able to pop in for a few minutes once in awhile!

mrslaird 06-02-2013 06:06 AM

Morning! On the views, that's not original views is it? I'm sure I've checked at least 5 or 6 times without commenting to see if anything new has been posted.

My voice is getting stronger. I didn't finish my card last night, but I did start my dishcloth. I very much like having a craft I can do on the couch while watching TV. :)

I need to work on vsn cards today. This might be my only chance. I need to at least do my sample! Still need to change my signature and avatar. Forgot to do that before we left.

Scraperwannabe 06-02-2013 07:16 AM

You are correct, Paula... Every time someone looks at this thread, whether they comment or not it gets a count. Even if you go in & edit your to-do list, but don't make a new post it will count as a view.

Scraperwannabe 06-02-2013 07:21 AM

I need to work on quite a few cards this week. I'm not sure that I will get all of the vsn made, but I'm going to see how many I can get knocked out. I did take some images with me Fri night & got those colored.

mrslaird 06-02-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 20187375)
You are correct, Paula... Every time someone looks at this thread, whether they comment or not it gets a count. Even if you go in & edit your to-do list, but don't make a new post it will count as a view.

Then a lot of those are me! :) I can't help it, I refresh a lot. ;)

Scraperwannabe 06-02-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 20187387)
Then a lot of those are me! :) I can't help it, I refresh a lot. ;)

I used to do one list & edit it, then started more TDD's so Kramomma didn't have to be paranoid to use her favorite quote! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

chercher 06-02-2013 12:16 PM

Hey all! :D

Busy few days. It's dh birthday today. We're gonna have steak and lobster. Grilled asparagus and cheesy grits. Lemon meringue pie for desert . :D dh pick.

Zack got in our pool for the first time yesterday. So much fun!

Don't know if I'm just so busy or if I'm not managing my time well. But I will get better at it all soon.

Hope you all have a great day!

kramomma 06-02-2013 02:25 PM

yes, edith199 posted the link that I use to see if there have been any new posts as well as if there have been any new threads started...going to that link does not add views to the threads...

It also shows that there is a new June thread started that has 132 views and zero posts!

The link also shows that there are 5 members viewing this section, 4 are invisible and one shows on-line...

Recently there were 21 viewing this section :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:: shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::s hock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::?

And yes...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

Now I'll go read that new thread! :p

kramomma 06-02-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20186941)
Kramomma, what a huge accomplishment. Would love to hear her play.

She does have a CD available for purchase (pm me for details)...or if you just want to hear about 20 seconds of each song you can go to amazon.com type koleesa in the search engine....or you can purchase it somehow through amazon also...if you want hard copy pm me.

ashjoy 06-02-2013 03:04 PM

I never noticed the thread count stats, interesting. Thanks! I have to admit I just keep the thread open most days so I'm sure I'm responsible for lots of that count as well. I always get confused trying to find the new threads. I wish there was an email notice when new threads are started.

Edith, you certainly are busy. Good for you!

Cher, sounds like a great dinner celebration. Enjoy! So fun swimming. Did you get tons of pics?

Kramomma, going to go listen now. I have an iPad so no way of listening to CDs anymore.

Scraperwannabe 06-03-2013 03:46 AM

Today's Mini Mission:

We are in the kitchen this week. Wanna know the germiest places in your kitchen???? Your mission for today is to click on the link & find out where the germiest places are & then choose 1 to clean.

The Germiest Places in Your Kitchen + How to Clean Them {Part 1}

mrslaird 06-03-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 20188379)
Today's Mini Mission:

We are in the kitchen this week. Wanna know the germiest places in your kitchen???? Your mission for today is to click on the link & find out where the germiest places are & then choose 1 to clean.

Gross. I'll try to clean the fridge today.

Scraperwannabe 06-03-2013 05:13 AM

TDD:

email
Desk rescue
try to get card to come together

mrslaird 06-03-2013 05:16 AM

TDD:
Breakfast
Pick up the newspaper from yesterday
Pay the phone bill

janeenk 06-03-2013 05:32 AM

Morning!
Well, the fridge was on my list to clean before i leave on Wednesday for Canada. Heading to beautiful Alberta. I have been using up the food in there this past making all kinds of dishes and meals.i guess cheesy asparagus will make the list for tonight. And maybe some grilled fish. Brrr, sitting here wrapped in a blanket, furnace is running and drinking hot coffee...its a chilly one this a.m.

mrslaird 06-03-2013 05:51 AM

Steps Taken:
Breakfast
Paid phone bill
Watched youtube knitting tutorial
Took newspaper to recycle bin

Next Steps:
Read in Proverbs
Start dishwasher
Call the swim place to try to add another day of lessons

kramomma 06-03-2013 06:19 AM

krapoppa still has not passed that kidney stone but we have not been to ER either...he is living on Ibuprofen as often as he can take it for pain and going on with daily life not complaining...and it isn't because it doesn't hurt...he is in LOTS of pain, I can tell but work without pay doesn't bring in an income when the other adult already doesn't work for pay!

My day...typical Monday

LAUNDRY and all that goes with it!

This is my only quiet day until next Monday.

Something in my fridge keep making a strange noise...best investigate...then wipe down the outside handles which I think should be listed as the germiest place in the kitchen...though wasn't! :roll:

edith199 06-03-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janeenk (Post 20188489)
Morning!
Well, the fridge was on my list to clean before i leave on Wednesday for Canada. Heading to beautiful Alberta. I have been using up the food in there this past making all kinds of dishes and meals.i guess cheesy asparagus will make the list for tonight. And maybe some grilled fish. Brrr, sitting here wrapped in a blanket, furnace is running and drinking hot coffee...its a chilly one this a.m.

nice! and welcome :D

which part of Alberta will you be visiting?

mrslaird 06-03-2013 06:36 AM

Steps Taken:
Breakfast
Paid phone bill
Read in Proverbs
Start dishwasher
Call the swim place to try to add another day of lessons - left a message

Next steps:
Shower and dress
5 min pick up in living room
Wash the grill pan from last night

Scraperwannabe 06-03-2013 06:39 AM

Still working on this card. *sigh*

mrslaird 06-03-2013 07:58 AM

Steps Taken:
Breakfast
Paid phone bill
Read in Proverbs
Start dishwasher
Call the swim place to try to add another day of lessons - left a message
Shower and dress
5 min pick up in living room
Wash the grill pan from last night

Next steps:
Put away clean clothes
Put away dry dishes
Clean front bathroom

ohmypaper! 06-03-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 20188379)
Today's Mini Mission:

I did it yesterday before we bought groceries. After being gone a week I had an empty fridge!

ohmypaper! 06-03-2013 08:59 AM

I don't think the water dispensers from the fridge are a good idea in the south. I quit using mine on my older fridge long before the fridge died. NO way to clean the dispenser way up high where mold likes to grow! Ick! Gross! My new fridge does not have a water dispenser! (can you tell I just looked up the link to the grimiest places?)

ok, off to clean some other areas of the house!

janeenk 06-03-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edith199 (Post 20188597)
nice! and welcome :D

which part of Alberta will you be visiting?

going to Pincher Creek area.

ashjoy 06-03-2013 09:17 AM

Hello all, its afternoon here and just taking a break for lunch.

Done so far
Gym
Washed p, waxed and cleaned 2 cars with the girls
Gave visiting doggie a bath
Laundry 2 done, 2 to go
Kitchen routine done
Went to get grill tank filled

To do
Make organic flea spray for visiting puppy? Done
Windex kitchen
Clean fridge.
Drink water