Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Stampin' Flybabies (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stampin-flybabies-f392/)
-   -   Challenges, sketches, contests... (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stampin-flybabies-f392/challenges-sketches-contests-t570360.html)

ashjoy 03-18-2013 07:54 AM

Challenges, sketches, contests...

I though we could link up any challenges, sketches, contests we see in one place for inspiration....

ashjoy 03-18-2013 07:56 AM

PTI ink backgrounds week of 3/19 {capture the moment}: Make It Monday #108: Inked Backgrounds

kramomma 03-18-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20065626)

Is it my computer or does that link not work for others?

mrslaird 03-18-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20065656)
Is it my computer or does that link not work for others?

It wouldn't go for me either. I'll try to post it, too.

{capture the moment}: Make It Monday #108: Inked Backgrounds

kramomma 03-18-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 20065670)
It wouldn't go for me either. I'll try to post it, too.

{capture the moment}: Make It Monday #108: Inked Backgrounds

Thank you...this one works for me.

ashjoy 03-18-2013 08:42 AM

Thanks, not sure why it didn't work.

kramomma 03-19-2013 04:08 AM

Obviously I haven't started working on my list...because watching that video wasn't on my list!

Will see if I can incorporate this technique in my cards this month.

I usually go to Pinterest for sketches...I haven't entered a contest in a very long time...I am enjoying the monthly challenge right here in the Homes & Gardens area of Flybaby Living! ;)

mollymoo951 03-19-2013 05:09 AM

Homes & Gardens area of Flybaby Living!

I LIKE! LIKE! yup...like. :D

hijack over.

Scraperwannabe 04-01-2013 10:04 AM

I'm going to list some challenges that I would like to accomplish this week & see if I can get to part of them. :roll:

the sweetest thing...: Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 181

ashjoy 04-25-2013 03:35 AM

pTI blog hop is today.

mrslaird 04-29-2013 10:35 AM

{capture the moment}: Make It Monday #114: Blown Ink here ya go kramomma! :)

kramomma 04-29-2013 06:07 PM

Thank you mrslaird...now I need to figure out what is required to do this...and then can I do it if I don't blog?

Are all the challenges the same?

edith199 04-29-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20139185)
Thank you mrslaird...now I need to figure out what is required to do this...and then can I do it if I don't blog?

Are all the challenges the same?

It would seem to me that you can participate without a blog... just as long as you have "somewhere" that you can link up a picture of your creation...

"-Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr)."

hth

kramomma 04-30-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edith199 (Post 20139229)
It would seem to me that you can participate without a blog... just as long as you have "somewhere" that you can link up a picture of your creation...

"-Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr)."

hth

So, SCS would count? (that would require this woman figuring out how to post to this site...or ask Red Bear to help me!)

kramomma 04-30-2013 03:11 AM

Thank you edith199 for answering...I'm still asleep (first time in a long time that I wasn't awake before my alarm at 5:45 AM) and didn't realize how thankful I was for the answer!;)

ashjoy 04-30-2013 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20139444)
So, SCS would count? (that would require this woman figuring out how to post to this site...or ask Red Bear to help me!)

Yes, just click on your card and copy the URL, then past it in the links on the P.tI blog. Once you click on the kinky it gives you step by step instructions.

kramomma 04-30-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20139522)
Yes, just click on your card and copy the URL, then past it in the links on the P.tI blog. Once you click on the kinky it gives you step by step instructions.

BWAH....ha...ha...ha...:p where is the rolling on the floor laughing smilie when I need one?

ashjoy 04-30-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20139543)
BWAH....ha...ha...ha...:p where is the rolling on the floor laughing smilie when I need one?

Lol, I guess my iPad doesn't like Linkey so its being kinky;)

kramomma 05-03-2013 04:04 AM

I think I did it...we'll see...

My slot is #49 if it works.

Here is the link to my gallery.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=31342

Please don't say how "good" it is...cause it is really a mess...I used Momento Ink for stamping the ladies and it smeared...thus the purpose of the cream cardstock additional image.

I was trying to use a scrap to save time from having to get up and cut another piece...the piece had a circle cut on the edge so I had to attempt to make the second side look similar...

Then I tried stamping the little lily of-the-valley stamp on the background in a monochromatic look but it doesn't show up on the card hardly even in real life...

The words are slightly crooked and also stamped on a scrap which wasn't really large enough...so I cut it off the bottom...which makes it worse...

BUT...the recipient is NOT a card maker and she will know only the effort is more than she would ever be able to handle...thus...she will "LOVE" it...and she'll "bless my heart" in her southern drawl...and that will make me smile! :D

kramomma 05-03-2013 04:06 AM

PS...and if I should really be selected you will then know that the challenge truly is a random drawing because there is NOTHING going for that card with any award winning abilities...

Now the other card I made...

Well...a birthday girl would have to share that one...it is cute!

ashjoy 05-03-2013 04:11 AM

It's still pending approval kramomma, but I feel a lecture coming on.....you sure don't give yourself any credit, and really should be much kinder to yourself. I love seeing everything you make, and you do a fabulous and thoughtful job!

kramomma 05-03-2013 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20144577)
you do a fabulous and thoughtful job!

I'll give you the thoughtful because that is why I stamp what I do...I prefer to make cards for an individual rather than generic...the fabulous...well...some are better than others...

I take your comment with a smile...I'm going to redo that card with the same image and see what I can do in the month of May with it!

Scraperwannabe 05-09-2013 05:09 AM

Current Flourishes challenges:

Welcome to Flourishes | Papercrafting | Cardmaking | Exclusive Clear Polymer Stamps | Timeless Tuesday #219 ? Plus a SNEAK PEEK!

Welcome to Flourishes | Papercrafting | Cardmaking | Exclusive Clear Polymer Stamps | Colorful Creations Challenge!

kramomma 05-09-2013 05:16 AM

Thank you...now can you tell me the names of those cardstocks? I can't read that fine print...

Also...may I use GKD paper?

Thanks to being enabled once upon a time in real life I actually have some Flourishes stamps I can use...:D

Another question...are the "old" Flourishes stamps from this same company? Swirly flourishes images.

Scraperwannabe 05-09-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20154097)
Thank you...now can you tell me the names of those cardstocks? I can't read that fine print...

Thanks to being enabled once upon a time in real life I actually have some Flourishes stamps I can use...:D

Another question...are the "old" Flourishes stamps from this same company? Swirly flourishes images.

Yes, you may use GKD paper. I'm not sure on the stamps. The only ones I've ever had from them all come in the same kind of packaging.

mrslaird 05-09-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20154097)

Are you talking about the Rhonna Farrer flourishes stamps? Sets of several swirly flourishes from about 6 years ago? Those were by another company. If that's what you mean.

kramomma 05-09-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 20154146)
Are you talking about the Rhonna Farrer flourishes stamps? Sets of several swirly flourishes from about 6 years ago? Those were by another company. If that's what you mean.

Yes...those are the ones...thanks for the answer...I was trying to figure out if it was a company or something else...and was it only 6 years ago...

kramomma 05-09-2013 06:09 AM

Thanks ladies for your help...I am going to try to do this challenge...

mrslaird 05-09-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20154167)
Yes...those are the ones...thanks for the answer...I was trying to figure out if it was a company or something else...and was it only 6 years ago...

Maybe 7 or 8 years. I know I was excited to find a set at Archivers which wasn't until we moved to Houston, but that's creeping up on 7 years instead of 6 and I think I already had a set from Target now that you mention it. (Time is starting to play tricks on me. We used to walk hand in hand on very solid ground, but now I feel like I'm spinning and it's running around me and I can't quite focus or catch it.) ;)

kramomma 05-09-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 20154190)
(Time is starting to play tricks on me. We used to walk hand in hand on very solid ground, but now I feel like I'm spinning and it's running around me and I can't quite focus or catch it.) ;)

It doesn't get any better with age...now I just keep repeating what I've already done because I can't remember the first time went around! :p

(I was being sarcastic in my observation of my last post...wow...how time flies...I remember meeting stampinkwilter, going to the local stamp store here and having Chinese with her when those sets were popular...so I was actually walking memory lane in my comment...wow...how time flies...:D)

mrslaird 05-09-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20154207)
It doesn't get any better with age...now I just keep repeating what I've already done because I can't remember the first time went around! :p

(I was being sarcastic in my observation of my last post...wow...how time flies...I remember meeting stampinkwilter, going to the local stamp store here and having Chinese with her when those sets were popular...so I was actually walking memory lane in my comment...wow...how time flies...:D)

Yes, time just goes zipping by! :D

ashjoy 05-09-2013 02:42 PM

I'm just using paper that comes close for the Flourishes challenge. As I read the challenge its not vendor specific for the paper.

ashjoy 05-09-2013 05:05 PM

Page Maps is giving away a 200$ prize for a scrapbook page
PageMaps: 7th anniversary grand prize!

kramomma 05-13-2013 06:03 AM

I did not get the challenge finished for Flourishes last week but I am going to still finish the card...the image is stamped and cut out...that's a start for me! Glad to know of the challenge to do something out of my box!!!!

Scraperwannabe 05-13-2013 06:06 AM

Deb isn't keeping this updated like she used to, there are new challenges that aren't listed here & some aren't around, but if you ever need a challenge, you can look here.

The Daily Dare

mrslaird 05-13-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 20159422)
Deb isn't keeping this updated like she used to, there are new challenges that aren't listed here & some aren't around, but if you ever need a challenge, you can look here.

The Daily Dare

I was trying to remember this the other day! Thanks! :)

kramomma 05-13-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 20159422)

The Daily Dare

Thanks...and as a side note...I really dislike being tracked on sites...

ashjoy 05-13-2013 10:12 AM

I'm not a huge fan of the tracker thing either.

ashjoy 05-13-2013 10:13 AM

Does anyone one know if you can submit more then one project to the Flourishes challenges? It doesn't say in the rules specifically.

Scraperwannabe 05-13-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20159841)
Does anyone one know if you can submit more then one project to the Flourishes challenges? It doesn't say in the rules specifically.

Yes, you can! :D They don't want you to combine their challenge with any other challenge. They've had people that will combine 20+ challenges... one lady had 45 challenges that she combined. :shock: