Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Stampin' Flybabies (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stampin-flybabies-f392/)
-   -   August's Daily Fluttering & Chatting (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stampin-flybabies-f392/augusts-daily-fluttering-chatting-t576567.html)

Scraperwannabe 08-01-2013 03:07 AM

August's Daily Fluttering & Chatting

Happy August!!! Flylady's habit of the month is working on laundry.

kramomma 08-01-2013 03:16 AM

Thanks for the post for where to go next...I have one foggy head this morning...no headache, just quite foggy!

The challenges are up...will work on up loading and print the challenges at the same time...well...if that is possible with a foggy head...

Just looked at a card and thought...wow...that is just too busy for my brain this morning! :confused: No looking at cards yet for me...

Scraperwannabe 08-01-2013 03:30 AM

I do have a headache this morning. Will start with a challenge that doesn't make me think! LOL

kramomma 08-01-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 20272372)
I do have a headache this morning. Will start with a challenge that doesn't make me think! LOL

Which challenge will that be?

I'm going to have to think on #2...wish mine could be M&M's! :p

Or...Juicyfruit!

kramomma 08-01-2013 03:41 AM

Love the smell of Juicyfruit but I do not chew...well...I do chew some things...but not gum...

kramomma 08-01-2013 03:43 AM

I don't chew my fingernails either...one of my brothers told me that I would get worms if I chewed my fingernails...and I believed him...

I also believed him that if I went swimming in a lake and swallowed lake water that I could get snake eggs in my mouth and that's what caused you to have a sore throat...the snakes were trying to get out of your stomach!

Yep...sure did believe that brother...when I was 7...he still has an influence in my life...I still don't chew my fingernails and I don't go swimming in lakes! :p

kramomma 08-01-2013 03:44 AM

Now you can see I am entertaining my self with memories...maybe someone else will share so I can chuckle at your life! :p

kramomma 08-01-2013 03:46 AM

Glad I got to be post #4 and #7...4 is my favorite number...and seven is a perfect number...and if this one posts before anyone else then I am #8 in the 8th month...

If not then I am #9 which comes after #8...at least when I went to public school it did...I didn't get to make up my own math answers! :D

kramomma 08-01-2013 03:47 AM

Entertainment is over...I need to go listen to the video for challenge #2...Pink Snuggles was vacuuming and I couldn't hear the song earlier! Comp time might just work for me today...;)

Scraperwannabe 08-01-2013 04:16 AM

I'm working on a challenge from day #2... "Tie One On". I need to complete 5 challenges today & upload more than that! :lol:

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:12 AM

Just for Kra -

Good googamooga

And when you say it, it has to be with gusto. If you're really excited then you Southern drawl it out. Goooood, gooooo-gaaa-mooooo-gaaa:lol:

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:13 AM

It's Thursday already - this week has flown by for me but I've been busy nearly all week.

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:13 AM

I thought I might get post #10 for dgd1's birthday but that didn't. Maybe I'll post a few more and get #18 for ds's birthday.

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:14 AM

QUESTION -

I think you have to be a Fan Club member to do the DTGD challenges. Am I right?

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:14 AM

QUESTION #2

How often do they have the DTGD challenges? and

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:15 AM

QUESTION #3

Do they also have other challenges?

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:16 AM

QUESTION #4

It seems you may have to have specific supplies, tools, etc. Do you get advanced notice of those things so you know what you will need to work with?

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:18 AM

OK This is post #18 (I hope), if not #19 and that's the day after

So my list for the day

1. up
2. dressed
3. fed
4. am meds

5. pm meds
6. trip to PO to mail some packages
7. classes from 12:30 - 8 - in between classes now but close enough to call it done.

not sure what, if any lunch or what's for dinner

8. home and veg for a few
9. finish up with yard sale items - all or not I'm about done with it - yard sale is Saturday

Hope y'all have a great day today

mrslaird 08-01-2013 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoni (Post 20272509)
QUESTION -

I think you have to be a Fan Club member to do the DTGD challenges. Am I right?

Yes.

mrslaird 08-01-2013 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoni (Post 20272510)
QUESTION #2

How often do they have the DTGD challenges? and

Once a year in July or August.

mrslaird 08-01-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoni (Post 20272512)
QUESTION #3

Do they also have other challenges?

Here at Splitcoast? Definitely! There are 10 or so weekly challenges with one or two each day. There are VSN challenges every few months. Then in October there is another challenge/prize extravaganza called Hope You Can Cling To where all the cards are donated to the MD Anderson Cancer Center here in Houston. And you don't have to be a Fan Club member for any of these.

mrslaird 08-01-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoni (Post 20272515)
QUESTION #4

It seems you may have to have specific supplies, tools, etc. Do you get advanced notice of those things so you know what you will need to work with?

Yes, there is a shopping list provided. :)

Scraperwannabe 08-01-2013 05:40 AM

One of the VSN (Virtual Stamp Nights) starts tomorrow night at 5pm EST. There will be 5 challenges & you don't have to be a Fan Club member to participate in those.

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:47 AM

Thanks Paula for your information - I though I knew the answers to most of them but wanted to make sure. I'm not a fan club member right now but that may be changing soon. So maybe I can join in next years DTGD.

I've also noticed some challenges on the home page so I'll start checking them out soon. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs (or at least that is how it feels through Wednesday of next week).

I'm no where nearly as busy as you are but I feel worn out with what lays ahead of me -
another full day and into the night of teaching followed by yard sale prep and then the yard sale followed by a big meeting Monday and 2 more days of teaching with prep for them as well. Not much physical work just brain strain. LOL

mrslaird 08-01-2013 05:47 AM

Morning! Happy August! I made Weelicious Carrot Snack Sticks this morning to take to the zoo. We're getting ready to leave shortly. I saw today's challenges. I won't be able to stamp until this afternoon or tonight. I think the weekend is my only hope to catch up! ;) I'm 14 behind including today's.

mrslaird 08-01-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoni (Post 20272580)
Thanks Paula for your information - I though I knew the answers to most of them but wanted to make sure. I'm not a fan club member right now but that may be changing soon. So maybe I can join in next years DTGD.

I've also noticed some challenges on the home page so I'll start checking them out soon. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs (or at least that is how it feels through Wednesday of next week).

I'm no where nearly as busy as you are but I feel worn out with what lays ahead of me -
another full day and into the night of teaching followed by yard sale prep and then the yard sale followed by a big meeting Monday and 2 more days of teaching with prep for them as well. Not much physical work just brain strain. LOL

Um, that sounds busier than me! I'm taking kids to the zoo today! Not much brain work, just exhausting! ;) We are all busy in our way. :D

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 20272559)
One of the VSN (Virtual Stamp Nights) starts tomorrow night at 5pm EST. There will be 5 challenges & you don't have to be a Fan Club member to participate in those.

Thanks Misti for letting me know about this. Because of this stupid yard sale (I know I should be happy about it - getting rid of stuff I don't want AND getting a few dollars for it as well - but I'm just worn out) I will most probably be spending the night at dd1's tomorrow night finishing up the set-up also I won't have to get up and be out of the house by 6am on Saturday for the start of the yard sale. I'll get to sleep until 6:30 because that will be about the time 2 dgd's will come in say "No no it's time to get up". Enough of my whining. What doesn't sell will go the goodwill or salvation army or somewhere but not back to my house.

I'll have to find the link/thread to the VSN sites and keep watch on them - maybe I can do the next one.

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 20272584)
Um, that sounds busier than me! I'm taking kids to the zoo today! Not much brain work, just exhausting! ;) We are all busy in our way. :D

Have fun at the zoo. My grands LOVE it there. Our's is about 1.5 hours away so we try to make it there about 2 times a year - spring and fall.

You're right - we are all busy in our own ways.

ashjoy 08-01-2013 05:54 AM

Hi all!

I started my comforter this morning, figuring bedding is something I can do and not have to actually do much. Kitchen routine is done. It rained so no need to do anything in the garden. We had to put fence over our pumpkins, the neighbors cat thinks my garden is a litter box and it was killing the plants right in the middle of the box, took me a while to figure out why.

Misti, you are keeping up quite well for all your travels this week.

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:56 AM

Well it's getting that time for me - I've gotten up, fed my face, taken my am meds and now I need to get dressed and head to the PO to mail the packages plus I realized I need to go to the bank for change for the yard sale then off to teach the class - my life is so exciting. LOL

Have fun ladies - Maybe I'll be able to check in during a break.

ashjoy 08-01-2013 05:57 AM

Good luck with the yard sale Donna.

Have fun Paula, need to google your snack. My snack today is watermelon.

My dh bought me a pack of fruit berry newtons, I grabbed a pack to have with my morning tea only to find that 2 cookies are a 200 calorie snack and the carbs are off the chart, and no protein. This will not be a often repeated purchase!

Hello missing fly babies, hope you are doing well!

imthenoni 08-01-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20272599)
Hi all!

I started my comforter this morning, figuring bedding is something I can do and not have to actually do much. Kitchen routine is done. It rained so no need to do anything in the garden. We had to put fence over our pumpkins, the neighbors cat thinks my garden is a litter box and it was killing the plants right in the middle of the box, took me a while to figure out why.

Misti, you are keeping up quite well for all your travels this week.

OK gotta ask before I leave - are you making a comforter or are you washing your comforter? Just curious.

ashjoy 08-01-2013 05:59 AM

Ed broke a toothe last night, dentist is squeezing him in later today. There isn't much left of the tooth so I'm thinking it might turn into a cap:(. The dentist is on vacation after today, so I hope its something they can fix so its not bothering him for 2 weeks.

Scraperwannabe 08-01-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20272613)
Ed broke a toothe last night, dentist is squeezing him in later today. There isn't much left of the tooth so I'm thinking it might turn into a cap:(. The dentist is on vacation after today, so I hope its something they can fix so its not bothering him for 2 weeks.

OUCH!!!!

ashjoy 08-01-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoni (Post 20272607)
OK gotta ask before I leave - are you making a comforter or are you washing your comforter? Just curious.

Lol, washing, they are really expensive to make. I love quilting and piecing, but it a more expensive craft the scrapping that a for sure!

I think I am having a SHE morning if I remember the definition....I had to rehash my comforter as I forgot to change the washer settings to bulky. I've accomplished nothing so far today. Except for changing clothes to pants and a sweater.....it's freezing for August 1st.

Scraperwannabe 08-01-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20272697)
.....it's freezing for August 1st.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Scraperwannabe 08-01-2013 06:56 AM

Today is our "coldest"day of the week... 99*... the rest of the week is 106* every day.

kramomma 08-01-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoni (Post 20272505)
Just for Kra -

Good googamooga

And when you say it, it has to be with gusto. If you're really excited then you Southern drawl it out. Goooood, gooooo-gaaa-mooooo-gaaa:lol:

I can Southern drawl quite naturally! I may live in the North but my heart is in the South...

Sure is going to become my new morning wake up word for my children! (yes, I still wake up my children most mornings...they would rather hear words from me than a buzz of an alarm! I have a "deaf" alarm because I can't stand the buzz or a man's voice waking me...unless of course it is krapoppa trying to get my attention! ;))

kramomma 08-01-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoni (Post 20272518)
OK This is post #18 (I hope), if not #19 and that's the day after

We are good math whizzes!

kramomma 08-01-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 20272540)
Yes, there is a shopping list provided. :)

But it isn't detailed enough for those of us who DON'T have everything but others outside the stamping world think we have everything! ;)