Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Stampin' Flybabies (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stampin-flybabies-f392/)
-   -   APRIL daily fluttering & c h a t t i n g (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/stampin-flybabies-f392/april-daily-fluttering-c-h-t-t-i-n-g-t570968.html)

mollymoo951 04-01-2013 03:29 AM

APRIL daily fluttering & c h a t t i n g
 
Rise & shine. It's a GREAT new day.

It's MONDAY, April 1, 2013.

:D


Flylady habits:
January-- shine your sink
February-- declutter every day
March-- wear your shoes
April-- Make your bed

mollymoo951 04-01-2013 03:30 AM

I definitely need a list this month. Gonna be a busy month. :)

mollymoo951 04-01-2013 03:36 AM

Remember all those goals from January? Time to assess your progress.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post20089638

And with that. I'm gonna go take a shower & head to work. I will dress first, of course. :wink:

Scraperwannabe 04-01-2013 04:33 AM

Habits have been added to the first post. This one is a habit for me, so I need to think of something else to work on. ETA: I think I will work on my hot spot. Taking care of everything in it & then making it another area that is Toddler living! ;)

Scraperwannabe 04-01-2013 04:36 AM

Today's Mini Mission:

We are in zone 1 this week, "The Entrance, Front Porch, Dining Room"

Let's spend a few minutes doing a quick tidy in these areas.

kramomma 04-01-2013 04:47 AM

Making the bed is a habit at this house too...I still prefer to get up every morning with krapoppa so that he helps make the bed...if it is left to me I don't make the bed with a good attitude...

And we all know...


Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference!


SO...every morning I get up when he gets up...:rolleyes:


What I've done today:
made bed
picked out krapoppa's clothes (if he did it they would not match)
woke children
made krapoppa's lunch
family devotions
sorted laundry
made tea for kracousin
had Red Bear change water filters
got ice-pak for kracousin (her right foot is sore, this is not good for sewing or driving!)
made list
computer time
f/p towels
got another ice-pak for kracousin (can we heal her with just ice?)
filled water jugs
wiped kitchen counters
wrote emails


NOW...
contemplate a black & white card
S&D
start laundry


Then...
stamp or sew

kramomma 04-01-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 20089716)
Today's Mini Mission:

We are in zone 1 this week, "The Entrance, Front Porch, Dining Room"

Let's spend a few minutes doing a quick tidy in these areas.



Want to put away winter items...is it too soon?

Scraperwannabe 04-01-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20089731)
Want to put away winter items...is it too soon?

Not if you live in my neck of the woods... or in Paula's or Cher's... but it might be a tad early in yours! ;)

mollymoo951 04-01-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 20089736)
Not if you live in my neck of the woods... or in Paula's or Cher's... but it might be a tad early in yours! ;)

or mollymoo's. :wink:

I think. :lol:

We're gonna hit...wait for it. 72 by saturday! :D

pcousins13 04-01-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20089731)
Want to put away winter items...is it too soon?

We always leave out some Winter items all year....a coat each, a hat, a pair of mittens...for those colder summer nights sitting out by the fire. The rest gets put away. Like you, I am itching to get it all out of sight! I still think its a little early here yet, but I am anxiously waiting for Spring to be here...in calendar date and in weather conditions!

ohmypaper! 04-01-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 20089716)
Today's Mini Mission:

We are in zone 1 this week, "The Entrance, Front Porch, Dining Room"

Let's spend a few minutes doing a quick tidy in these areas.

I am on it!!!

Kitchen is done...working on dining room right now

pcousins13 04-01-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymoo951 (Post 20089788)
or mollymoo's. :wink:

I think. :lol:

We're gonna hit...wait for it. 72 by saturday! :D

This is the time of the year when I am jealous of all of you!!! Our summer temperatures in your Spring! 72* when we still are getting below freezing!!! I'm SO envious!!

pcousins13 04-01-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper! (Post 20089860)
I am on it!!!

Kitchen is done...working on dining room right now

Good job!! :D :D

mollymoo951 04-01-2013 05:47 AM

I think April is gonna be make a list & look @ it. And yeah...work on that shiny shink some more. :) :oops: :wink: I've gotten out of that habit. I don't declutter every day...but I try. :D Decluttering more than physical possessions. :wink: I have to wear shoes. I feel funny without them. I already make my bed every morning. :D

So...April.

Kitchen sink.
List & l@@k at it.

ohmypaper! 04-01-2013 05:50 AM

I would think in our neck of the woods we are done...... but you never know......

We are going to reach 70 today!

I don't have anywhere for our coats and hats to go so they stay in the entry way closet all year....I am sad though, I found a REALLY nice coat in the closet of Seth & Elisa's (outgrown) that I forgot to give away at Thanksgiving! Now they are taking up space and no one got any use out of them....and Thanksgiving is over 8 months away.

mollymoo951 04-01-2013 05:50 AM

Alrighty.

Build a list day. :wink: Have y'all missed my lists? :roll: :lol: :wink:

So far I have:
- sleep in an extra hour
- feed RX Penny
- take stuff for work to truck
- morning computer time
- shower / dress
- see what the guys have planned for today
- head to work
- arrive @ work
- slim / breakfast / make coffee
- more computer time :rolleyes:
- sign up for POP OFF THE PAGE V.2 :D :D
- check out THIS IS ME pdf. :shock: overwhelmed. :)
- take vitamin / pour a cup of coffee / set up laptop
- Quickbooks ready on both machines / switch the files & the computers / see how far back I gotta go
- print off JE report from client's copy / compare to JE report from our copy / make necessary changes.
- staff meeting
- errands
- lunch
- finish remaining JE's / print b/s / compare to final
- make other changes / compare to final / print p & l
- make back-up for client / take downstairs
- C&S: key checks & reconcile / C&S: WTB / C&S: tax return

up next:
- ME: WTB / ME: tax return
- item to work on tonight / make QB back-up & gather files
- What's for supper?
- sort 4 x 6 PL cards / package / 2nd package
- photograph layout / post
- dishes / sink / rescue kitchen

ohmypaper! 04-01-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcousins13 (Post 20089863)
Good job!! :D :D

morning! Upstairs bathroom is done too, hallway swept, laundry and dishes going.

Really want to hit the craft room today but I forgot I told
E and her friend I would take them to town today. :(

Oh well....back at it or I won't be able to say I did the dining room!

pcousins13 04-01-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymoo951 (Post 20089869)
Alrighty.

Build a list day. :wink: Have y'all missed my lists? :roll: :lol: :wink:

So far I have:
- sleep in an extra hour
- feed RX Penny
- take stuff for work to truck
- morning computer time
- shower / dress
- see what the guys have planned for today
- head to work
- arrive @ work
- slim / breakfast / make coffee
- more computer time :rolleyes:
- sign up for POP OFF THE PAGE V.2 :D :D
- check out THIS IS ME pdf. :shock: overwhelmed. :)
- take vitamin / pour a cup of coffee / set up laptop

up next:
- Quickbooks ready on both machines / switch the files & the computers. :( shoot. / see how far back I gotta go

I have missed your lists! They actually motivate me to get off my butt.

pcousins13 04-01-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper! (Post 20089874)
morning! Upstairs bathroom is done too, hallway swept, laundry and dishes going.

Really want to hit the craft room today but I forgot I told
E and her friend I would take them to town today. :(

Oh well....back at it or I won't be able to say I did the dining room!

You are doing great! Have fun in town! Perhaps you can find some time when you get home to hit the craft room...

pcousins13 04-01-2013 06:19 AM

I think making a list and looking at it should be on my list of things to do as well! (Make a list of lists I need to make! :mrgreen: I think I got issues!!)

I have to be realistic, though. Make short lists...things I know I can accomplish...so I don't get too overwhelmed.

Here's the list for today:

Clean the computer desk drawers (still trying to finish up last weeks zone list)
Clean the patio door
Clean the computer area windows
Clean the front door/door step
Tidy the living room floor/sweep
Tidy the kitchen floor/sweep
Spend 1 hour in the craft room (more time if I can)
Do some accounting homework...I have an in-class assignment tomorrow morning
Change my sheets
Change Jarod's sheets
Change Nick's sheets

mrslaird 04-01-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcousins13 (Post 20089857)
We always leave out some Winter items all year....a coat each, a hat, a pair of mittens...for those colder summer nights sitting out by the fire. The rest gets put away. Like you, I am itching to get it all out of sight! I still think its a little early here yet, but I am anxiously waiting for Spring to be here...in calendar date and in weather conditions!

Um, didn't spring start March 20 on the calendar? ;) Your weather is definitely un-springlike!

pcousins13 04-01-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 20089922)
Um, didn't spring start March 20 on the calendar? ;) Your weather is definitely un-springlike!

The sun is out and the snow is starting to melt...its Spring in Newfoundland! LOL!

Yes, Spring did officially start on the 20th...but we don't get Spring weather until closer to the end of this month...and then the temperatures are not THAT warm. We can't plant anything outside until the second week of June because there is still a risk of frost...

mrslaird 04-01-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcousins13 (Post 20089930)
The sun is out and the snow is starting to melt...its Spring in Newfoundland! LOL!

Yes, Spring did officially start on the 20th...but we don't get Spring weather until closer to the end of this month...and then the temperatures are not THAT warm. We can't plant anything outside until the second week of June because there is still a risk of frost...

I was just teasing. It read (to me) like you were waiting for spring on the calendar still. I knew what you meant, though! :)

mrslaird 04-01-2013 06:48 AM

Good morning! Officially. ;) Made pancakes again. Caught up here. That's it. :)

Next:
Load dishwasher, run
Mix Passover brownies
Paypal

pcousins13 04-01-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 20089939)
I was just teasing. It read (to me) like you were waiting for spring on the calendar still. I knew what you meant, though! :)

My darling! I don't pay attention to the calendar for change of seasons anymore...its too disappointing when they show up a month late! :mrgreen: Perhaps we should have our very own calendar here...the far north calendar!

pcousins13 04-01-2013 06:56 AM

I'm off to the craft room while all my boys are away! They won't be gone long so I better hurry down there! I didn't get the lowdown on what the Spring Snow theme is all about yet...but I do have 2 million birthday cards to make for this month so I could get started on them! Ok...maybe its more like 10...but it feels like 2 million!!! LOL!

mrslaird 04-01-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcousins13 (Post 20089981)
My darling! I don't pay attention to the calendar for change of seasons anymore...its too disappointing when they show up a month late! :mrgreen: Perhaps we should have our very own calendar here...the far north calendar!

Regional seasons would be far more accurate.

Texas would be 9 months of summer, 3 weeks of fall, 1.5 months of winter but spread out, and about 3 weeks of spring. ;)

ashjoy 04-01-2013 07:51 AM

The birds are finally chirping here, so hope that means spring has sprung! Actually I'm hoping to go on vacation and come home to warmer weather.

My habits are pretty well formed here. I'm getting in packing mode today. Going together suit cases out and inventory travel toiletries.

I do have to iron yet.

Couldn't sleep last night at all. I'm feeling it now.

Scraperwannabe 04-01-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20090069)
The birds are finally chirping here, so hope that means spring has sprung! Actually I'm hoping to go on vacation and come home to warmer weather.

My habits are pretty well formed here. I'm getting in packing mode today. Going together suit cases out and inventory travel toiletries.

I do have to iron yet.

Couldn't sleep last night at all. I'm feeling it now.

(((HUGS))) No sleep isn't any fun!

pcousins13 04-01-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 20089985)
Regional seasons would be far more accurate.

Texas would be 9 months of summer, 3 weeks of fall, 1.5 months of winter but spread out, and about 3 weeks of spring. ;)

:mrgreen: Newfoundland would be almost completely opposite! 2.5 months of summer, 1 month of spring, 1 month of fall, and 7.5 months of winter. LOL!

pcousins13 04-01-2013 08:34 AM

I got a little over an hour punched in the craft room and I managed to make a card for my father-in-laws birthday tomorrow and I got a one sheet wonder started. Its for 10 cards and they will be birthday themed...hopefully some will go to those 2 million birthdays I have coming up this month.

Now I will spend 5 minutes cleaning up my mess and making it pretty for the next time I can escape down here.

pcousins13 04-01-2013 08:51 AM

Update:

Clean the computer desk drawers (still trying to finish up last weeks zone list)
Clean the patio door
Clean the computer area windows
Clean the front door/door step
Tidy the living room floor/sweep
Tidy the kitchen floor/sweep
Spend 1 hour in the craft room (more time if I can)
Do some accounting homework...I have an in-class assignment tomorrow morning
Change my sheets
Change Jarod's sheets
Change Nick's sheets
Laundry X2

mrslaird 04-01-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcousins13 (Post 20090111)
I got a little over an hour punched in the craft room and I managed to make a card for my father-in-laws birthday tomorrow and I got a one sheet wonder started. Its for 10 cards and they will be birthday themed...hopefully some will go to those 2 million birthdays I have coming up this month.

Now I will spend 5 minutes cleaning up my mess and making it pretty for the next time I can escape down here.

Woohoo!

mrslaird 04-01-2013 09:03 AM

So far:
Breakfast
Load dishwasher, run
Mix Passover brownies
Paypal
Shower/dress
Put away folded clothes

Next:
Call city
5 min pick ups in living room, dining area, entrance
Email Julie

pcousins13 04-01-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 20090149)
Woohoo!

It felt so good to be in that room, Paula. Its been too long and my mental state really needed it. I got to schedule more time in...make appointments with myself because its something that really helps me.

imthenoni 04-01-2013 09:53 AM

Life is being a bit crazy here today. I have a child moving back in for a short period of time (probably will be here Sun evening - Fri afternoons) for a while. I'm still trying to get us all unpacked and cleaned up from last week plus get ready for class tonight and a new one starting on Wednesday. I'll be back later tonight to catch up with everyone.

I hope everyone had a wonderfully blessed Easter and that there have been few April Fool's jokes played on you.

mrslaird 04-01-2013 10:22 AM

So far:
Breakfast
Load dishwasher, run
Mix Passover brownies
Paypal
Shower/dress
Put away folded clothes
Call city
5 min pick ups in living room, dining area, entrance
Email Julie

Next:
Unload/reload dishwasher
5 min pick up in kitchen
Sweep floors

Scraperwannabe 04-01-2013 10:24 AM

Up next:

Order cabinets
Move books
water outside flowers

mrslaird 04-01-2013 11:11 AM

Went outside for a little bit with the kids. I had them doing scavenger hunts. :)

Think I could take a nap now instead of going back to my list? No? Me either. Would be nice, though! :)

kramomma 04-01-2013 11:44 AM

Ever wonder what a doctor's office would do without electricity?

Mrslaird...this inquiring mind wants to know why you're calling the city?


The doctor's office called the city because the building didn't have electricity!


pcousins...make that appointment with yourself!


imthenoni...who's moving DS or DD? I have 2 college students at home.


My February rescheduled doctor's appointment is now rescheduled...I'll close April the way I started April...at the doctor's office! :roll:


Now I'll go to the sewing room...am making Buckets Gone Wild mug bucket Sewing Pattern 2450 Simplicity then will cut out and sew a size 3 strawberry fabric jumper!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:19 AM.