Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 06-10-2017, 06:35 AM   #441
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Is it a specific yarn or you just don't have anything the right weight? Maybe I can send you something!

It is not a specific yarn. The ornament is one of the clear glass ones with 2-3 little bundles of yarn inside, a wooden crochet hook attached at the top and a label that says "break in case of emergency". I don't need much to make a little bundle (almost like extension cords when you buy them but way smaller so they can fit inside the hole for the ornament).

I'm too lazy to go back and remove the message so far but here's a pic of it.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 06-10-2017, 08:03 AM   #442
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
It is not a specific yarn. The ornament is one of the clear glass ones with 2-3 little bundles of yarn inside, a wooden crochet hook attached at the top and a label that says "break in case of emergency". I don't need much to make a little bundle (almost like extension cords when you buy them but way smaller so they can fit inside the hole for the ornament).

So, just scrap yarn? I can definitely send you some sport or sock scraps. How many colors?
Unread 06-10-2017, 10:46 AM   #443
luvstochatchatCHAT

That's really cute!!
Unread 06-10-2017, 11:38 AM   #444
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post

How many are you going to make?

"Freely you have received; freely give" Matt 10:8
Unread 06-10-2017, 03:24 PM   #445
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
How many are you going to make?
I have enough hooks to make 3-4 (I don't remember exactly right now). The most important one for me is for my sister who crochets a lot.

I'm also going to make a few with coal in the globe and "Take a Hike" on the outside with a ribbon hanger for my department chair. She likes to hike.
Unread 06-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #446
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstamp View Post
That's really cute!!

I thought they were too cute as well.
Unread 06-13-2017, 12:45 PM   #447
luvstochatchatCHAT

DD2 just gave me the courage to say no to something. One of the moms at the cafe meet this morning is an Usborne book leader. She was talking about the color personality test. I asked her about it and I guess what she was talking about was in a book that she sells. That's handy LOL! She sent me a photo of the little test and then when I mentioned what I got on it she mentioned having the book and buying for the Family Resource Center (where playgroup is and something I need to browse and see what all they have!) lending library and would I like a copy? Um.... So DD2 gave me the courage to say no thanks. She was fine about it of course, but still. I know that is one way ladies become good friends through parties and such but I've had a few and don't desire to do the in house party stuff anymore. So I know that is one strong way I'm not getting in with groups of ladies...but it is what it is. I can't keep up with the Jones' that's for sure!

And really, if she is buying it for the lending library, I can check it out for free from there!!!!
Unread 06-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #448
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

And really, if she is buying it for the lending library, I can check it out for free from there!!!!
Using wisdom to walk your journey!

Yes to no...
luvtostampstampstamp likes this post.
Unread 07-10-2017, 04:25 AM   #449
luvstochatchatCHAT

How are we all doing?

Good here! I did great on vacation. Had bought something, but returned it! So I only spent $10 reloading my Starbuck's card!

I also have 4 shirts to return to Lands End. . I thought they were the perfect shirt, but the last few times I've put them on, they've felt shorter and faded. I have one that is still brand new, so last evening I finally compared and sure enough, three of the ones I've worn some have all shrunk. And the black one has faded. They have a 100% guarantee, so they all going back. I hate pulling at a shirt b/c it's too short waisted!

We will go back to school shopping at some point this month. I have funds saved up and so the final test will be staying within budget. A test I simply must pass!!

DH gave me some vacation funds in my house/grocery account and I didn't use very much of it. So I'm looking to keep that account better padded with those extra funds in there now.

So overall, doing well. It's always a challenge to keep within my constraints, but I'm learning and hopefully growing. Just can't believe how little I can spend now that I'm on a budget and saving for different things. Next month and September I will be able to buy within the means that I've saved...new sneakers, new boots, new fall/winter trench coat and then a few fall clothes as they go on sale. Yay! So that is a bit rewarding!!
Unread 07-10-2017, 05:16 AM   #450
Proud Fan Club Member

Except for this weekend...I've done well...last night as I was still searching for the Spellbinders Large Oval Scalloped die which is what sent me on the search in the first place...I said to Don...

I'm finished. I can't let myself do this again for a very long time!

When he sees how little I spend on crafting compared to his wood tool purchases he laughs...but I think having spent $50 somewhat impulsively was terrible.

He has a great system happening at Menard's with their rebate items such that I was able to purchase new dog food and water dishes for the dogs and they didn't cost me anything as they were free after rebate...and we used rebate money which then you don't even pay taxes...

Okay, so the postage costs but he will send in one fat envelope for 49 cents (if that is what postage is right now, I don't know since I have forever stamps on hand!)
Unread 07-10-2017, 05:20 AM   #451
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow what a deal!

I've not been spending much craft money as I haven't been crafting. Just finding it hard to get motivated and inspiration is lacking.

"Freely you have received; freely give" Matt 10:8
Unread 07-10-2017, 06:41 AM   #452

I made a couple of orders and bought some yarn. I'm on a hard craft freeze now. The only things that are maybe exceptions are highly seasonal things that won't be around once they sweep the summer stuff away for fall or secondhand type finds. If it will keep, it needs to keep. I might buy yarn or fabric as my vacation souvenirs. That and all the HEB decaf iced tea bags.

I am trying to be better with my grocery shopping, but I still spend a LOT at the stores. I definitely need to be better about assessing what I have before I go to the store. This past week I made my list, stuck pretty close, and tracked the costs, but I still had to go to the store last night to pick up 4 basics that I thought we were better stocked on that we ran out of over the weekend. #doh

Gallery Blog

Generosity isn't really generous if it isn't sacrificial. - Shannan Martin
Unread 07-10-2017, 09:43 AM   #453
luvstochatchatCHAT

So good to hear from you each!
Unread 07-15-2017, 10:44 AM   #454
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I found the perfect way to keep from spending money when I went to town with DD this morning. I removed all money, check cards, credit cards, etc, from my wallet! I had six cents in my change purse, though, so I gave that to the Salvation Army bell ringer. I did see a few things I would have spent mindlessly on. It wouldn't have been a lot, and it would have been something we would use, but it was so good for me to realize that, "I really shouldn't get this today", actually meant, "There is no way possible for me to get this today, so don't even bother looking." Sooo good for me!!!!!
Unread 07-17-2017, 05:14 AM   #455
luvstochatchatCHAT

Way to go Tricia!!

Keeping on track here so far. Next week we go back to school shopping so hoping that goes well.
Unread 07-17-2017, 06:46 AM   #456

Doing ok, not great, not awful. Found a kids resale shop yesterday. I'm really excited about that. I don't always save money, but it's my favorite way to buy clothes.

Gallery Blog

Unread 07-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #457
luvstochatchatCHAT

Oh my! So I return some crackers today to the local grocery store so I can get them cheaper at Walmart with Ibotta and the ad price comparison deal Walmart does. Thing is today they started no longer doing the price comparison with competitor's ads. What???? My luck!!! LOL! So the return was for no avail, b/c with just the Ibotta coupon, the price will be the same as the grocery store. I tell ya'!!!

I did get a great deal on dishwasher soap at Target with sale price and cartwheel deal. Also on Larabar Bites! So you win some, lose some. Trying hard to win more but man, it can about do ya' in trying to win all the marketing games!!!
Unread 07-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #458
luvstochatchatCHAT

Went to Hobby Lobby and ONLY got what we NEEDED! Yay!
Unread 07-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #459
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Oh my! So I return some crackers today to the local grocery store so I can get them cheaper at Walmart with Ibotta and the ad price comparison deal Walmart does. Thing is today they started no longer doing the price comparison with competitor's ads. What???? My luck!!! LOL! So the return was for no avail, b/c with just the Ibotta coupon, the price will be the same as the grocery store. I tell ya'!!!

I did get a great deal on dishwasher soap at Target with sale price and cartwheel deal. Also on Larabar Bites! So you win some, lose some. Trying hard to win more but man, it can about do ya' in trying to win all the marketing games!!!
They stopped price matching in Okla over a year ago. So annoying... but now, I don't live close enough to a Walmart for it to matter.
Unread 07-21-2017, 06:37 AM   #460

I went to Target yesterday and stuck to my list and my list was only those groceries that are cheapest at Target + a Wizard of Oz dress for Eden that is gorgeous, plus Jeff and I were both in different productions of the Wizard of Oz and I saw his production before we ever met. It's special.

Today, I'm going to Aldi and Hyvee for the rest of the groceries and I will try to stick to my lists (that I still need to make) there as well.

I still haven't bought any craft stuff. I am using what I have. I might go to the yarn shop this weekend because they are having a sale and if any of the yarn I am wanting for a sweater is on sale then it would be worth it to go ahead and buy now. I need at least 5 skeins.

Gallery Blog

Unread 07-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #461
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

I thought I might need one item from the DTGD shopping list, but remembered another place I could look. I found it! It's a little old, but surely for whatever I'll need it for, it will work.

The most important choice you make everyday is your attitude.