Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree311Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 05:51 AM   #961
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
Yesterday I put away all my wonderful bright light summer clothes and I had to wear tights, cami, sweater,corduroy, for bible study last night. I am so SAD. Boo hoo! It snowed yesterday, bah! But it is not the snow so much as the many damp cold grey days that we get far too many of. It has been grey now since Sunday and it is grey and overcast again today. Time to hibernate in my stamping room and come out in April. See y'all then!
Hugs! I know you're no fan of winter!

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:04 AM   #962
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Today's Mini Mission:

Let's take a look at our Fall/winter clothing. Anything needed to be taken to the dry cleaners? An item needs mended? Need to toss something?

Old 10-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #963
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

TDD:

Check reward point total
Desk Rescue
File Oct Food Bank reports

Old 10-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #964

TDD:
Put away folded clothes
Kitchen rescue
Switch laundry

Gallery Blog

Old 10-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #965
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Get a few errands in

You're right on target for Day #4 of the Cruise!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #966

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
You're right on target for Day #4 of the Cruise!
Yeah...I was just thinking about what holiday errands I can take care of. Since we pass out candy now I will probably pick that up today. I am probably going to buy Ezra that Superman costume that he wore on tv since I can get it for about $10 off this week. Archer has a Thor costume and the kid next door has Batman so they can just play in them as far as I'm concerned. I want to get over to the Dollar Tree and see if I can get some things for my OCC shoeboxes, but that might be next week. This week or next I want to get to Ulta. Twice a year they have a coupon that you can use on the prestige brands and this is one of those times! A couple of friends would love some nice makeup in their gifts so may as well save. I looked at turkeys the other day, but they were still $50 and I'm not paying that much for a turkey. Hanukkah stuff isn't out yet so I couldn't get candles. I don't know...I'm not great at working ahead yet. I do have about half the boys gifts and a few for Amelia. Nothing for Jeff yet. He's my hard one to shop for!

Gallery Blog

Old 10-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #967
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Yeah...I was just thinking about what holiday errands I can take care of. Since we pass out candy now I will probably pick that up today. I am probably going to buy Ezra that Superman costume that he wore on tv since I can get it for about $10 off this week. Archer has a Thor costume and the kid next door has Batman so they can just play in them as far as I'm concerned. I want to get over to the Dollar Tree and see if I can get some things for my OCC shoeboxes, but that might be next week. This week or next I want to get to Ulta. Twice a year they have a coupon that you can use on the prestige brands and this is one of those times! A couple of friends would love some nice makeup in their gifts so may as well save. I looked at turkeys the other day, but they were still $50 and I'm not paying that much for a turkey. Hanukkah stuff isn't out yet so I couldn't get candles. I don't know...I'm not great at working ahead yet. I do have about half the boys gifts and a few for Amelia. Nothing for Jeff yet. He's my hard one to shop for!
WHAT? They didn't give him the costume? I am really surprised...I would have thought that was his "pay" for doing his part!

I think the part of FlyLady that has been most helpful to me is the Control Journal and learning to think ahead as well as processing what needs doing for some routine areas of life...such as gift giving...

Learning to keep the gifts in the same area all year also helps with being able to locate the items so that I don't double or triple purchase!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #968

Quote:
WHAT? They didn't give him the costume? I am really surprised...I would have thought that was his "pay" for doing his part!

I think the part of FlyLady that has been most helpful to me is the Control Journal and learning to think ahead as well as processing what needs doing for some routine areas of life...such as gift giving...

Learning to keep the gifts in the same area all year also helps with being able to locate the items so that I don't double or triple purchase!
No, the kids got to keep the candy buckets, they got a few pieces of candy, and some funny glasses. And I'm buying it at Target not from Party City.

I am getting better about working ahead. I have trouble with the Flylady control journal. I really don't know if it's me being perfectionist or a brat or it really just doesn't fit my personality, but it doesn't work. We don't have many food traditions and we never know where we'll be on any given holiday because coordinating our extended families is like herding hyper cats so early menus are rough. Gifts are the easiest area to work ahead for me.

Gallery Blog

Old 10-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #969

TDD:
Pay water bill and LASIK bill
Make shopping/errand list
Finish card

Gallery Blog

Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #970
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
No, the kids got to keep the candy buckets, they got a few pieces of candy, and some funny glasses. And I'm buying it at Target not from Party City.

I am getting better about working ahead. I have trouble with the Flylady control journal. I really don't know if it's me being perfectionist or a brat or it really just doesn't fit my personality, but it doesn't work. We don't have many food traditions and we never know where we'll be on any given holiday because coordinating our extended families is like herding hyper cats so early menus are rough. Gifts are the easiest area to work ahead for me.
me too, just never could get the hang of it, I just write things on the fridge board and go to her website
Old 10-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #971
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I don't use hers either but the concept is what I use...and I keep it in a binder so that I (and everyone in my house) knows where to find my list...

I used to be quite a messy person and this has helped to "control" my ways!

I started a list for wedding...questions I have as I plan things...guest list (this is going to make me get some addresses into the CJ rather than scraps of paper or emails!)...a list for Friday's meal, what to serve, what serving pieces I need, where to purchase what...and who to invite of the out-of-town people...hotel information...gift ideas (they are not registering at any locations)...

Our family will be one of the out-of-town people since the wedding is not here but an hour and 15-minutes south of us...and I don't want to forget OUR CLOTHES...we've done that before on a trip and had to go shopping...not fun in my size...

SO...I suggest just keeping your lists in one space, that in itself made a huge difference in my life...
Old 10-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #972
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
me too, just never could get the hang of it, I just write things on the fridge board and go to her website
If that is what works for you then that is a Control Journal...that's the important part...having a system that works for you...

I seldom ever go to her website because it overwhelms me (as does the FlyLady Yahoo group)...I prefer to come here among the few Flybabies that I share a common interest in stamping!

These people are the ones who have made all the difference in my life...and they are the ones for whom I am thankful for over the years...
mrslaird and ashjoy like this post.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #973

Quote:
If that is what works for you then that is a Control Journal...that's the important part...having a system that works for you...

I seldom ever go to her website because it overwhelms me (as does the FlyLady Yahoo group)... I prefer to come here among the few Flybabies that I share a common interest in stamping!

These people are the ones who have made all the difference in my life...and they are the ones for whom I am thankful for over the years..
Ditto!

Gallery Blog

ashjoy likes this post.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #974
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hello all,
I don't use the control journal either. I'm more of a routine person, the rest just needs to fall where it may. Ed likes to cook, so its a joint effort for us during the holidays. I would prefer to go on vacation and not do the big holiday thing, I would prefer to enjoy those I want to be with then all the hoopla.

I'm sitting in a hotel lobby waiting for Ash to get done with her meeting then we will be on our way home. TV is just tragic, no wonder I don't turn it in at home!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #975
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Hello all,
I don't use the control journal either. I'm more of a routine person, the rest just needs to fall where it may. Ed likes to cook, so its a joint effort for us during the holidays. I would prefer to go on vacation and not do the big holiday thing, I would prefer to enjoy those I want to be with then all the hoopla.

I'm sitting in a hotel lobby waiting for Ash to get done with her meeting then we will be on our way home. TV is just tragic, no wonder I don't turn it in at home!
i completely understand this TV statment. I also had you in my heart when i woke up this morning. i do hope this means you are feeling better.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #976
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
TV is just tragic, no wonder I don't turn it in at home!
Our fancy big screen isn't connected for anything other than the family watching an occasional video...it has been about 20 years since we've had TV for viewing and I can say I DO NOT MISS IT!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #977

Back from the dollar store - got glowsticks for Thursday and several things for OCC - the resale shop, and getting Archer. We had lunch in there, too.

TDD:
Pay bills
Fold clothes for 15 minutes
Start another card

Gallery Blog

Old 10-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #978
Proud Fan Club Member

whew! my brother is so smart and i am so glad he has worked in computers for forty plus years. we just spent three hours removing SweetPacks malware/adware from my computer. If you have this search engine showing up on your PC you need to get it removed. Now that he knows what we did he will know how to get rid of it in far less time. but he had to talk me through each step and some of the things he wasn't sure about in the registry. and of course there is the language barrier ie: he speaks computer language and I don't! Saved me lots of dollars from going to someone here, or best buy or something. I had googled how to get rid of it but I was only surface removing it. it was embedded deeply and i couldn't get it to stop displaying two search pages everytime i clicked on google search. I am a Happy Camper, now!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #979
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

All I can say is that it's been one heck of a week. Health issues....exhaustion....getting ready for the roadtrip! Sorry I've not been around much. We leave tomorrow!

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #980
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
All I can say is that it's been one heck of a week. Health issues....exhaustion....getting ready for the roadtrip! Sorry I've not been around much. We leave tomorrow!

(((Hugs)))

Old 10-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #981

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Quote:
Is the road trip a fun one? Sorry about the week. I hope you feel better!!! I hope the road trip is something fun and maybe you will get a little rest?
Old 10-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #982
VSN Coordinator

Thanks!! It is a fun road trip!!! I get to meet Gina and Sean on Monday!!!! Then we pick up our boyo on Tues and go meet his girlfriend and her mom. Then we pack his stuff up into the vehicle and head to the business conference. Meanwhile a stampy friend is coming to pick me up from the hotel to have a girls' weekend with 13 other girls....half of them are stampers!! Then we'll head home. I'm sure my body will have issues along the way....but I figure it will mostly save up to crash out when we get home from the whirlwind! LOL

Stamp TV!
ohmypaper! likes this post.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #983

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Lee, sounds like quite the trip, not exactly relaxing but fun stuff all along the way so that is a type of rest at least from regular routine. Wow, how fun that you to meet Gina!!!! So fun!!!! Is this a first meet with DS girlfriend? I hope you have a blast!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #984
VSN Coordinator

Yep! It will be nice to get to meet her and then we'll be moving her in to our house at the end of January.

Stamp TV!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #985
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Thanks!! It is a fun road trip!!! I get to meet Gina and Sean on Monday!!!! Then we pick up our boyo on Tues and go meet his girlfriend and her mom. Then we pack his stuff up into the vehicle and head to the business conference. Meanwhile a stampy friend is coming to pick me up from the hotel to have a girls' weekend with 13 other girls....half of them are stampers!! Then we'll head home. I'm sure my body will have issues along the way....but I figure it will mostly save up to crash out when we get home from the whirlwind! LOL
oh how fun!!! eeps you will be in Wisconsin....you will be quite the distance from me...about three hours. You will be closer to Rebekah. WIll be thinking of you. So fun to meet Gina.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:37 AM   #986
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to H.S.momoffive

It is FRIDAY!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #987
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Today's Mini Mission:

It's the last day in the master bedroom. Let's spend a few minutes doing the task that needs the most attention.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #988
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning.

Lee, have a great trip!

Someone used the washer while I was away this week and closed the door. I opened it to a musty smell. So had to run vinegar thru before I could start laundry. Have I said how much I hate front load washers?

So far..
Cleaned master bath
Mini mission. Unpacked and put away travel stuff, now it's all done.
Kitchen routine started
Finish up swap package to mail tomorrow.
Nap, because its only 10:30 and I'm feeling run down already. Jeesh! And I wanna enjoy the weekend because it feels like I've not seen Ed in days.
Put the light up pumpkin on the porch because Ed said its trick or treat night here. Weird, but I put the light in any night the little ones wanna stop anyway.

What are everyone's little ones dressing as for Halloween? I'm sure I missed some of those conversations. I walked around toys r us yesterday, and boy do I miss needing to buy that fun stuff.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #989

Hugs Lee!

Yay Friday!

Morning y'all! Been commenting for about an hour. Funny how sitting and typing can wear you out.

We got our birthday gifts bought last night. I need to make cards today since I doubt I'll get to in the morning.

Need to go somewhere for milk and a few other things. We have a playgroup party this evening.

Going to shower, dress, and clean in my room a little.

Gallery Blog

Old 10-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #990

Quote:
Good morning.

Lee, have a great trip!

Someone used the washer while I was away this week and closed the door. I opened it to a musty smell. So had to run vinegar thru before I could start laundry. Have I said how much I hate front load washers?

So far..
Cleaned master bath
Mini mission. Unpacked and put away travel stuff, now it's all done.
Kitchen routine started
Finish up swap package to mail tomorrow.
Nap, because its only 10:30 and I'm feeling run down already. Jeesh! And I wanna enjoy the weekend because it feels like I've not seen Ed in days.
Put the light up pumpkin on the porch because Ed said its trick or treat night here. Weird, but I put the light in any night the little ones wanna stop anyway.

What are everyone's little ones dressing as for Halloween? I'm sure I missed some of those conversations. I walked around toys r us yesterday, and boy do I miss needing to buy that fun stuff.
I have a Thor, Minnie Mouse, and either Superman or Dracula. We'll see. Assuming there are no last minute switcheroos. We do have a mad scientist costume, and Amelia has butterfly wings so it could happen. Jeff says he's wearing his kilt. I think I'm doing Rosie the Riveter, but I have to get the shirt Mom found at the thrift store for me and see if I can make it work or not.

Gallery Blog

Old 10-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #991
Proud Fan Club Member

Those sound great Paula. I love the Rosie idea.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #992

Okay. Dressed and got a bit of time in my room. I really need to redo my redo our closet. It's not the clothes as much as the other things, shelves, etc.

TDD:
Start laundry
Unload, reload dishwasher
Finish card

Gallery Blog

Old 10-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #993
Glitter Guru

Location: Proud Jayhawk Living In Hostile Territory In St. Louis, MO :)
Default kramomma sucked me back in ;)

tiptoes in......waves....tiptoes out

my blog!!
mrslaird and janeenk like this post.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #994

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerianne View Post
tiptoes in......waves....tiptoes out
Well, look who it is!!!! Hi Keri!!!!

Gallery Blog

kerianne likes this post.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #995
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Well, well... If she tiptoes out, she won't see anyone waving back!

kerianne likes this post.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #996
Proud Fan Club Member

Just home, worked at the school today, went grocery shopping , stopped at a rummage got some planters for the house.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #997
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Good morning!

Old 10-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #998
Proud Fan Club Member

Mornin. Coffee cake made, DW unloaded and reloaded, lazy morning for the two of us. Gilbert is digging into that coffee cake
Old 10-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #999
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. It's not been a good week. We have a cat who is 12 years old. We got him when he was 5 months old so he is a part of the family. He has been going down hill healthwise lately and we are having to make a decision about his health care. He has a lot going on and is showing signs of kitty dementia. We could spend a small fortune on keeping him comfortable but it will only get worse so we are having to decide what to do from here. OK enough of that.

Today I have
1.washed/dryed & folded/hung 2 loads of clothes
2.done my am routine
3.eaten breakfast
4.got a load of towels in the washer
5.fed the cat
6.typed up a list of my con-ed to turn in next week

Things to do today will probably be a TDD
7.wash dishes
8.put dry dishes away
9.put away plastic ware

I hope everyone has been having a good week. Will try to catch up with everyone soon.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #1000
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. It's not been a good week. We have a cat who is 12 years old. We got him when he was 5 months old so he is a part of the family. He has been going down hill healthwise lately and we are having to make a decision about his health care. He has a lot going on and is showing signs of kitty dementia. We could spend a small fortune on keeping him comfortable but it will only get worse so we are having to decide what to do from here. OK enough of that.

Today I have
1.washed/dryed & folded/hung 2 loads of clothes
2.done my am routine
3.eaten breakfast
4.got a load of towels in the washer
5.fed the cat
6.typed up a list of my con-ed to turn in next week

Things to do today will probably be a TDD
7.wash dishes
8.put dry dishes away
9.put away plastic ware

I hope everyone has been having a good week. Will try to catch up with everyone soon.
sorry to hear about your cat.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Closed Thread