Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree311Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 05:37 AM   #801
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
You go! We'll be here to cheer you on!!!! You can do it!!!
Thanks, Misti. There are plenty of days, lately, that I need all the encouragement that I can get.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #802
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning y'all!

Only 2 days until our cruise!!! woohoo!

Today
Run to grocery store for cheese and crackers. New neighbors coming over. I will also pick up stuff I need for the cruise.
Finish home blessing. Mainly powder room
Tidy up kitchen
Sweep front porch
Clean outdoor kitchen table and chairs.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #803
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
Thanks, Misti. There are plenty of days, lately, that I need all the encouragement that I can get.
Just keep thinking about the reward at the end. The pride you will feel in yourself and showing your boys what a strong and determined person you are! And A better paying job.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #804
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

So excited for you Cher! Have a great time!

Patricia, hang in there! The rewards will be three fold!

Lee, thanks, I can't wait after this flu I will certainly enjoy that pick me up!

I'm feeling much better today, the head stuff is draining and now I'm getting a chest cough. But hopefully its on its way out.

My garden needs fall tending before the end of the month so gotta find someone to get a bail of straw. I hate to see my fresh parsley go, its a beautiful plant. Wonder if I can pot it and bring it inside?
Old 10-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #805
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Saturday morning everyone. Seems I miss a bit yesterday.

Joyce - sorry you have the flu but glad it seems to be going away. Would love to see your cruise pics as well.

Cher - how sweet of you to help clean such a large house.

Paula - hope your yesterday ended better than the beginning but I will say you did a great job of turning your attitude around by the end of your post. Sometimes I think we get caught up in the right the minute things that we forget the larger picture.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #806
Stazon Splitcoast

Patricia - I'm sure you're feeling a bit overwhelmed with school. Just remember this is a short part of your long life. It will be over soon and you'll look back and sigh a sigh of relief that you were able to do everything you did. And as others have said, you and your family will reap the benefits of all your work.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #807
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

The a/c won't be kicking in today!

mrslaird likes this post.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #808
Stazon Splitcoast

Not here either.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #809
Stazon Splitcoast

Our searching has not been as fruitful or long as I had hoped. Friday we got to the Library of VA but had a small car issue (thank Goodness it was a small issue) so time was cut down to only about an hour. Yesterday we had to go to that meeting that wound up taking way longer than we expected and traffic issues back to LoVA AND we found out that they close at 4:45 instead of 5 so we only had a little less than 2 hours to search AND the main reel of microfiche was out with someone else. So we searched 2 other counties just to rule them out - no luck. So we were saying No biggie we'll just come back tomorrow (today) - NOPE they're closed for some special Literary award thing and so here we are AND it's drizzling.

So what are we going to do today - NOTHING of significance - dh is going to read and watch tv and I'm going to work on those pictures. I'm thinking I'll probably go ahead and get most things out to the car so we don't have to run around like chickens in the am.

So I'm guessing that will mean another trip up here to do more research. However, we did find out that we can do some of the searching online (just not the death records) and I've made a list of questions and other ideas of searches as well. So I guess it's not all been for not.

It is cool (less than 65) but we're inside and dry and have things we might want to do. Life is not all bad (Thanks Paula for reminding us that.)

Hope y'all have a very nice Saturday.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #810
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
The a/c won't be kicking in today!
Ours either! Thankfully the furnace has taken the chill out of the air...it got to 34 last night and now is up to a balmy 44 degrees outside!

Going to take a jacket along just in case the baby shower area doesn't have heat on yet...

Clutter is a result of delayed decisions. -Audrey Thomas
Old 10-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #811
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, ladies! I'm feeling A LOT overwhelmed right now...but it will pass. TOM is coming to visit in a week or so...so this week is high in hormones, and my coping abilities are usually low at this time. I'm sure after the next week goes by and TOM finally arrives, these feelings won't be as bad.

I'm still studying, and I still want to do well, so I won't be giving up! I have taken this weekend off, though. I got all the necessities (for school) done on Thursday, and I took Friday off to spend with Brent. We have not been getting any time for just the two of us, and that plays on the emotions as well. I am not going to pick up a book until Monday morning at school.

Brent and I need to get this house looking presentable this weekend, though. We have an inspector coming in on Monday to appraise the house for our insurance. We started at the room we don't talk about (the playroom) last night and made great progress! We have a lot of things that are being tossed...and a lot of things that are going to be sold or donated.

We still need to get at the rest of the house...we are doing it in 15 minute intervals...15 in one room, move on to the next until they are done once, repeat as needed!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #812
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Ummm...Joyce....well you see....I enclosed a card of course....but ummmm...well......I FORGOT to write anything in it!!!!! Sheesh!!!! Let's pretend I did that on purpose! LOL

Patricia you are simply aaaaaamazing!!!!!

Paula I swear I don't know how you keep your sanity!!! I soooo hope to visit again someday and just zap some of your zen!!!

Doing some last minute prep for our company! No I don't know why I rescheduled it for today....tomorrow I have to have us completely packed up and ready to go to Denver and from there on the road trip! We won't be back to our house for over 2 weeks!!!! But...I've got a lasagne in the oven and the bathroom is clean. Thinking I may just not serve a dessert.

Ok...now for some fun....today's holidays....

Evaluate Your Life Day

International News Carrier Day

Sweetest Day

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #813
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via MSN to edith199 Send a message via Yahoo to edith199

good for you, Patricia for taking the weekend....

I've decided that all I can do is my best... with the amount of time I have... knowing that my marks aren't the biggest or the only thing in the world

so this morning I made a call ... which means that I may have more attendees at the prayer retreat that I am planning / leading in two weeks. This is a good thing

and then I suggested to DD1 & DD2 that if DD1 quizzes DD2 outside, DD2 can help bag leaves while I rake. That worked splendidly well... and then we picked up the last few things and put them into storage (patio furniture, plant pots) and finally pruned the raspberry canes. Except for the chairs in the courtyard, everything is ready for winter... Feels good.

Now to get haircuts and then... probably watch B while the kiddos keep working at my office/craft room

~~ today. . . ~~

pcousins13 likes this post.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #814
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to H.S.momoffive

My hubby gets an award! He got off of work early yesterday and kidnapped me! WE spent the night in a hotel WITH a fireplace! Ahhhh! It was so cold last night! We walked to the restaurant next door to the hotel and came back to a toasty room. Pulled the comfy chairs in front of the fireplace with the TV over it and watched our Friday night lineup. So very relaxing! Yes, our kids are out of town, we had the whole BIG house to ourselves but we both needed to chillax! Mission accomplished! We got a GREAT last minute rate on the hotel so the expenses were minimal. win/win!

Now, back to reality!
mrslaird and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #815
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.S.momoffive View Post
My hubby gets an award! He got off of work early yesterday and kidnapped me! WE spent the night in a hotel WITH a fireplace! Ahhhh! It was so cold last night! We walked to the restaurant next door to the hotel and came back to a toasty room. Pulled the comfy chairs in front of the fireplace with the TV over it and watched our Friday night lineup. So very relaxing! Yes, our kids are out of town, we had the whole BIG house to ourselves but we both needed to chillax! Mission accomplished! We got a GREAT last minute rate on the hotel so the expenses were minimal. win/win!

Now, back to reality!
Awesome!!! Good hubby! Good hubby!

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
edith199 likes this post.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #816
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.S.momoffive View Post

Now, back to reality!
What a hubby. I guess he's heard the saying 'happy wife, happy life'
Old 10-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #817
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
What a hubby. I guess he's heard the saying 'happy wife, happy life'
I've made sure he has heard it before!
imthenoni likes this post.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #818
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Finished 4 cards for HYCCT and started one for fun...going to upload them to my gallery...

the kitchen needs more attention but the drainer is full and the dishwasher is running...

chili is made for potluck tomorrow...will cut cheese tomorrow to take along also...cheese and crackers seem to be a big hit with the children...(and big children too!)

need list for M/T as T is birthday, W is birthday, Th/F/S are orchestra concerts in a town 90 minutes away...and the harp has to be hauled...

Full week ahead...

Old 10-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #819
Stazon Splitcoast

So far we got Jarod's room cleaned, Nicholas' room cleaned, and most of our room cleaned. We are on a roll!

ETA: We got some of the playroom cleaned too!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #820
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Hey y'all! We spent the night at my mom's Friday night. We had a great time. They bought a golf cart so we went on rides, watched some of the What Not to Wear season finale, went to services with them, and just had some fun. Mom had even gone to Goodwill and bought me jeans and a few tops including a cute little short sleeve grey cardi. It even has a tiny bit of cashmere in it.

And thanks for the hugs! Y'all are the best! I really wasn't having a bad morning, but I was feeling overwhelmed. I'm just trying to train myself to focus on our blessings and cultivate gratitude instead of feeding my anxiety and feelings of scarcity and overwhelm. Brene Brown said in Gifts of Imperfection that we go to bed thinking about all the things we didn't get done that day and we wake up thinking about how we didn't get enough sleep. It's not good!

Today, I am having a cup of coffee. Jeff took the dog to his grooming appointment. I thought the rabies tag would be sufficient, but it wasn't, however, Jeff had gotten our text messages working again Friday night and I was able to quickly put my hand on the certificate, and they accepted a phone picture so all was well. One of my oldest friends is coming by today to introduce her boyfriend and say hello. I will gladly use the motivation of a new person coming to my house to clean until they get here. I hope to spend the afternoon working on cards! We'll see, though. I have these family people here, too.
Gallery Blog

Last edited by mrslaird; 10-20-2013 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: hellp is not a real word
Old 10-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #821
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Cleaning my kitchen this morning was fun with a purple blessing to help my thoughts be pleasant...

Purple makes me smile...even on a dreary, rainy morning!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #822

Coffee is done (cup 1). Time to clean!
Gallery Blog
Old 10-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #823
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning y'all!

We had a nice evening. Finally met our neighbors. They are very nice. We had wine n cheese and watched sunset then sat by the fire in our outdoor kitchen. I finally asked if they had had dinner and they had not so we fired up the grill. I had invited them to dinner but she didn't want us to go to all that work. Fortunately I had a back up plan. We finally called it an evening at 11:00 pm.

Today
Clean up kitchen. Not all the dishes would fit into diwasher last night.

PACK!!! Woohoo!

It's fun packing for this trip. I've been working at losing some weight. No real diet just cutting back and walking. I've lost 8 pounds in 6 weeks. It's just enough to make everything I wear loose and comfy and also make a few smaller things fit. So now there area couple of cute dresses that will fit me that I'll be taking on the cruise.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #824
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
Cleaning my kitchen this morning was fun with a purple blessing to help my thoughts be pleasant...

That makes me smile. Mines not all about one color, but special items. It does make "work" more pleasant.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #825

House is cleaner, company came and left, one card made, and archer lost another tooth!
Gallery Blog
Scraperwannabe and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #826
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
House is cleaner, company came and left, one card made, and archer lost another tooth!
That all sounds good!

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #827
Stazon Splitcoast

Mostly packed. Will pack my carry on bag with make up. Vitamins, power bars... Tonight.

Taking the dog to the kiddos in an hour. Will have dinner and visit with them for a bit. Then home to load up car. We leave for Galveston at 6:30 tomorrow morning.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #828
Stazon Splitcoast

Have an amazing trip Cher!!! Can't wait to hear stories when you get home.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #829
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post

Old 10-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #830
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula, I have several kinders in my class with wiggly teeth. It is always fun to see who is the first to lose a tooth for the year. Congrats Archer!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #831
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Woo Hoo!!!

Old 10-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #832
Stazon Splitcoast

Working on lesson plans for tomorrow. I am almost finished then I will take a nap. Our youngest 2 arrive home later this evening. I am sure they will have stories to tell about the nieces and new nephew.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #833
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
Mostly packed. Will pack my carry on bag with make up. Vitamins, power bars... Tonight.

Taking the dog to the kiddos in an hour. Will have dinner and visit with them for a bit. Then home to load up car. We leave for Galveston at 6:30 tomorrow morning.
Enjoy your trip!

Old 10-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #834
Stazon Splitcoast

So far today:

Cleaned the mirror in the bathroom
Cleared and cleaned the bathroom counter and sinks
Went through my closet and got A LOT for the Salvation Army (I was ruthless! )
Cleared the huge pile that was on the desk in the bedroom
Brought up a book shelf from the basement
Cleared/cleaned the HUGE hot spot corner in my bedroom
Moved the desk to the former hot spot area
Put the bookshelf where the desk was (under the wall mounted tv)
Filled the bookshelf with the school stuff that was on the desk
I want to use the desk for my jewelry...so it now has just one jewelry box on it
Swept the bedroom

Still to do:
Eat supper
Pick up the small pile of stuff left on the bedroom floor
Clean the stuff from the bed (it is sorted by the other rooms it goes in)
Clean the bedroom window sill
Organize the closet
Tidy the closet floor
Sweep the closet
Take the dirty laundry out of the bathroom
Clean the bathroom window sill
Clean the toilet
Sweep the bathroom floor
Work out
Shower

Brent is working on the main living area, so I will see if he needs help after that list is done, then I need to:

Watch The Walking Dead
Pick out clothes for tomorrow
Get the kids in bed
Go to bed!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #835
Stazon Splitcoast

Next:
Pick up the stuff still on the bedroom floor
Clean the windowsill
Clean off the stuff on the bed
Old 10-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #836
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Holiday Cruise Missions start tomorrow... are you ready????

Old 10-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #837
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ready for the missions? YES! Ready to think "holidays"? NO!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #838
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
Next:
Pick up the stuff still on the bedroom floor
Clean the windowsill
Clean off the stuff on the bed
Done!

Next:

Organize the closet
Tidy the closet floor
Sweep the closet
Old 10-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #839
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I don't know how much time I will have to actually participate...but I will be following along and doing what I can. Actually, I have a pretty good head start after this weekend.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #840
Stazon Splitcoast

So far today:

Cleaned the mirror in the bathroom
Cleared and cleaned the bathroom counter and sinks
Went through my closet and got A LOT for the Salvation Army (I was ruthless! )
Cleared the huge pile that was on the desk in the bedroom
Brought up a book shelf from the basement
Cleared/cleaned the HUGE hot spot corner in my bedroom
Moved the desk to the former hot spot area
Put the bookshelf where the desk was (under the wall mounted tv)
Filled the bookshelf with the school stuff that was on the desk
I want to use the desk for my jewelry...so it now has just one jewelry box on it
Swept the bedroom
Ate supper
Picked up the small pile of stuff left on the bedroom floor
Cleaned the stuff from the bed (it is sorted by the other rooms it goes in)
Cleaned the bedroom window sill
Organized the closet
Tidied the closet floor
Swept the closet

Left to do:
Take the dirty laundry out of the bathroom
Clean the toilet
Sweep the bathroom floor
Work out
Shower

Brent is working on the main living area, so I will see if he needs help after that list is done, then I need to:

Watch The Walking Dead
Pick out clothes for tomorrow
Get the kids in bed
Go to bed!

Next:
Clean the toilet
Take the dirty clothes out of the bathroom
Closed Thread