In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree211Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #321
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator
 
Scraperwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Out-numbered by boys!
Posts: 51,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Morning! It's getting chilly here! Full blown cold front in a day or two! Kinda excited.
It started through here last night & will hang around here today. The bitter wind in your face is brutal!!!
__________________
Misti
My Blog: A Card a Day



Scraperwannabe is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #322
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.
 
mrslaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 58,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
It started through here last night & will hang around here today. The bitter wind in your face is brutal!!!
Yeah...I may not be as excited when I pick Archer up from school. But I'm getting wood for the fireplace sometime this week and THAT is exciting!
__________________
Paula
S2S2014: Earned $, Spent $0, Difference $

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
mrslaird is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:41 AM   #323
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator
 
Scraperwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Out-numbered by boys!
Posts: 51,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Yeah...I may not be as excited when I pick Archer up from school. But I'm getting wood for the fireplace sometime this week and THAT is exciting!
The sun is shining & so it doesn't seem gloomy. I haven't turned on the heater yet, but the low tonight is supposed to be 21*, so I imagine we will turn it on later.
__________________
Misti
My Blog: A Card a Day



Scraperwannabe is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:47 AM   #324
Stazon Splitcoast
 
chercher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Back home in Texas
Posts: 11,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Morning! It's getting chilly here! Full blown cold front in a day or two! Kinda excited.

Trying to figure out my week so I get at least one day at home.

Enjoying my coffee, waffle, and the stream of conversation from my 4 year old.
It's getting windy here! Am I ready for the cold? Not sure. Guess I'd better get my winter clothes down!!!
__________________
Cher

This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
chercher is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #325
Watercolor Wizard
 
edith199's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alberta
Posts: 8,964
Send a message via MSN to edith199 Send a message via Yahoo to edith199
Default

oh... and it's warming up here We're to hit a balmy 9C today... YAY!!!!
__________________
~~ a sojourner ~~

~~ today. . . ~~

edith199 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #326
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.
 
mrslaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 58,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edith199 View Post
oh... and it's warming up here We're to hit a balmy 9C today... YAY!!!!
__________________
Paula
S2S2014: Earned $, Spent $0, Difference $

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
mrslaird is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #327
Stazon Splitcoast
 
chercher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Back home in Texas
Posts: 11,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edith199 View Post
oh... and it's warming up here We're to hit a balmy 9C today... YAY!!!!
Yikes!
__________________
Cher

This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
chercher is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #328
Stazon Splitcoast
 
chercher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Back home in Texas
Posts: 11,101
Default

Laundry going.
Workout completed
Fridge cleaned out
Vacuuming about to happen.
__________________
Cher

This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
chercher is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #329
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess
 
LuvLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrounded by hummingbirds and columbines!!
Posts: 67,797
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee
Default

Well drastic plan change.....life just knows how to keep you on your toes! Gotta go to Denver tonight and then from there on Friday head to Michigan to move the girlie out here. We'll have the boyo drive to Denver on Friday afternoon to meet us and head out all together. So I've got the kitchen all cleaned...just need to finish tidying up the living room and pack us up and leave a list for the boy.
__________________
~~ Lee ~~

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
LuvLee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #330
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
ohmypaper!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 19,168
Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!
Default

Woa, Lee, You just got back from a grand journey!!! Thinking of you as changes have hit your house!!!

Safe travels!
ohmypaper! is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #331
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
ohmypaper!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 19,168
Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!
Default

I am freeeeeeezzzzing!!!!!!! It's 66 outside and 65 inside. It's supposed to be 25 tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my, can you say....PAINFUL! It's a rare day for us to see much colder than 25!

I read back 2 pages and the jokes from yesterday made me laugh out loud. Good for the soul. Now I am off to have some lunch!!!
ohmypaper! is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #332
Stazon Splitcoast
 
chercher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Back home in Texas
Posts: 11,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Well drastic plan change.....life just knows how to keep you on your toes! Gotta go to Denver tonight and then from there on Friday head to Michigan to move the girlie out here. We'll have the boyo drive to Denver on Friday afternoon to meet us and head out all together. So I've got the kitchen all cleaned...just need to finish tidying up the living room and pack us up and leave a list for the boy.
Ok, I'm gonna try and not whine so much about my traveling! You win!!!
__________________
Cher

This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
chercher is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #333
Stazon Splitcoast
 
chercher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Back home in Texas
Posts: 11,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
Ok, I'm gonna try and not whine so much about my traveling! You win!!!
"you win" Not whining! Just traveling.
__________________
Cher

This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
chercher is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #334
Stazon Splitcoast
 
chercher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Back home in Texas
Posts: 11,101
Default

Completed 3 days of bible study homework. Vacuumed. Finished 2 loads of laundry. Now I'm gonna pack to head out to the kiddos.
__________________
Cher

This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
chercher is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #335
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess
 
LuvLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrounded by hummingbirds and columbines!!
Posts: 67,797
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
"you win" Not whining! Just traveling.
LOL...I got it! And we love the traveling part.....just this one has to be a super quick one so no fun stops along the way! But worth it to bring our newest "kiddo" home to live in a loving home! And I do get Weds and Thurs to just hang out and rest up!
__________________
~~ Lee ~~

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
LuvLee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #336
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator
 
Scraperwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Out-numbered by boys!
Posts: 51,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
LOL...I got it! And we love the traveling part.....just this one has to be a super quick one so no fun stops along the way! But worth it to bring our newest "kiddo" home to live in a loving home! And I do get Weds and Thurs to just hang out and rest up!
You need a "Wonder Woman" shirt!
__________________
Misti
My Blog: A Card a Day



Scraperwannabe is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #337
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess
 
LuvLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrounded by hummingbirds and columbines!!
Posts: 67,797
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee
Default

How about "Wander Woman"???
__________________
~~ Lee ~~

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
LuvLee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mollymoo951, janeenk and ohmypaper! like this post.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #338
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator
 
Scraperwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Out-numbered by boys!
Posts: 51,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
How about "Wander Woman"???

__________________
Misti
My Blog: A Card a Day



Scraperwannabe is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #339
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
ohmypaper!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 19,168
Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
How about "Wander Woman"???
Love that! I need one too!!!! Steve calls me his wanderlust girl. Not sure how I have managed to stay in one place so lonnnnnnggg!!!
ohmypaper! is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #340
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.
 
mrslaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 58,970
Default

Hey ladies! Home from errands and getting Archer! Need to straighten up my living room and kitchen. My friend is supposed to bring her kids here tomorrow while she goes to the dr. I need to confirm.

Got some stuff done:
Unloaded, reloaded, ran dishwasher
Ordered rx
Folded laundry
Picked up sewing machine
Went to library
Went to bank
Went to grocery store
Bought Hanukkah candles and gelt (chocolate coins)
Put up groceries
Picked up Archer
__________________
Paula
S2S2014: Earned $, Spent $0, Difference $

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
mrslaird is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #341
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.
 
mrslaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 58,970
Default

Wow Lee! You just got home! That's awesome, though! You'll have all your chicks nearby!
__________________
Paula
S2S2014: Earned $, Spent $0, Difference $

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
mrslaird is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
LuvLee likes this post.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #342
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 64
Default

Hello ladies,
I just want to first apologize for not posting my Oct cards. At least I don't think I posted them. In any case I just wanted to let you know what's been going on in my life lately if you care to know.
I got word on Oct 31st that my aunt (and Godmother) was in the hospital and things were not going well for her. Then I got a phone call from my best friend's husband. You know when you get a call from your friend's husband, it's never good news.
He told me that his wife was in the hospital because she broke her arm by throwing one of those big (and very light) exercise balls. The part of her arm that broke was between her elbow and her shoulder so you know she was in some sever pain. Next he told me that they found a spot on her bone when they took the x ray. That's when I lost it. So needless to say I didn't get much sleep that night or since then.
The next morning my husband and I packed a bag and the dogs and left for Calif. after we checked the dogs into the local kennel.
I didn't make it in time to say good-bye to my aunt but I was able to see my cousins and provide them with what little comfort that I could. Then I went to visit my friend and tried not to lose it in front of her because after all, she is the one with the broken arm and a spot on her bone, not me.
She told me that they did a scan from her chin to her knees and found more spots, on her ribs and in her lungs. They are calling it STAGE 4 CANCER for now. Also, she is not able to get her arm fixed until they are sure what they are dealing with so they put her in a soft cast for now.
We returned home (NV) for a 1 1/2 days then returned to CA for the funeral. We stayed there for 2 days so that meant the dogs were back in the kennel for 2 days.
We are now home with the dogs but I am on pins and needles waiting for the results of her biopsy that she has last week. If it wasn't for these darn holidays, she would have had it already.
Her appointment is at 3:30 PST today. I am praying that the spots are non-cancerous or if they are, they will be treatable. I just cannot image life without my best friend.
I'm asking you if you will join me in praying for my friend Florence.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
I will try to get the Nov card done if someone will remind me what the theme is for Nov.
Thank you everyone.
queenbea is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #343
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator
 
Scraperwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Out-numbered by boys!
Posts: 51,710
Default

Queenbea-- (((HUGS)))
__________________
Misti
My Blog: A Card a Day



Scraperwannabe is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
queenbea likes this post.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #344
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pcousins13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 13,863
Default

Oh Queenbee. I'm so sorry you are going through so much right now. I will be praying for your friends...but also for you. {{{hugs}}}
__________________
Patricia
My Blog: My Crafty Creations
pcousins13 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
queenbea likes this post.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #345
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pcousins13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 13,863
Default

I am so sorry that I am not able to catch up...I feel so left behind with you guys. I wish I had more time to catch up and see what everyone is up to.

I have so much on my plate this week with school. I have a total of 7 tests from now until Monday. That is not including the one I had today. The good news is I did a lot of school work this past weekend, so I have a huge head start on the studying.

Today I had a Machine Transcription test, where I had to transcribe two document. They went pretty good, and there was no studying for it. Tomorrow, however, I have an Excel in-class open-book assignment. Although, technically, there is not need to study, the actual test for this course is on Monday; I like to study now so if I need to look in the book for info, I need to study that for my test. Thursday is the BIG ones...Organizational Behavior and Communications...both study courses. I am pretty sure I am ready for the communications test...but I still have a lot to do to be prepared for the OB test. Friday is communications again...of which I am not prepared AT ALL! Then Monday brings the Excel test and Office Test...both of which I feel good about right now.

Oh well! I better go study some OB so I can be all ready for Thursday!
__________________
Patricia
My Blog: My Crafty Creations
pcousins13 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #346
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.
 
mrslaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 58,970
Default

Oh Queenbea! Big, big hugs for you!!! Prayers for your friend!

Patricia, wow girl! That is a lot! But you have been kicking school's butt so you got this! Remember to breathe and just take it as it comes! Cheering for you!
__________________
Paula
S2S2014: Earned $, Spent $0, Difference $

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
mrslaird is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
queenbea likes this post.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #347
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
ohmypaper!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 19,168
Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!
Default

Oh my, Bea, it's been a difficult few weeks! You and your friend are in our thoughts and prayers!
ohmypaper! is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
queenbea likes this post.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #348
Stazon Splitcoast
 
chercher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Back home in Texas
Posts: 11,101
Default

(((hugs))) Queenbea, praying for your friend.
__________________
Cher

This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
chercher is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
queenbea likes this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #349
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 25,576
Default

Queenbea...being emotionally attached to people makes life difficult at times...and that isn't bad thing...

Today I think I can breathe...wasn't my life suppose to slow down on November 1st?


Today's plan:


Bake chocolate chip cookies
Let cool while I get other items together for mailing
PO
Bank
Dairy
Afternoon visit with piano/harp student families
Make supper
STAMP
__________________
Surround yourself with people who make you hungry for life, touch your heart, and nourish your soul. -unknown
kramomma is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
queenbea likes this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #350
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator
 
Scraperwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Out-numbered by boys!
Posts: 51,710
Default

Today's Mini Mission:

Clean the vents in your bathroom.
__________________
Misti
My Blog: A Card a Day



Scraperwannabe is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
queenbea likes this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:23 AM   #351
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.
 
mrslaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 58,970
Default

Good morning, glories! It is a cold day here! I'll probably have to go buy gloves today. I'll have two extra kids for a while today. That will take a lot of energy. The boy will NOT be happy when his mama leaves. I do have a birthday present for him so I hope that helps. I'm happy to do it regardless.

Other things to do today:
Chicken soup for supper
Move Amelia's bed
Move file cabinet
Add white liners to HYCCT cards that need them
Target - gloves
O'Day's Hardware?
PO for boxes?
Goodwill for drop off?
Pick up Archer
Declutter
Start a needlebook for Alyssa
Test sewing machine out on Amelia's circle skirt
__________________
Paula
S2S2014: Earned $, Spent $0, Difference $

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
mrslaird is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #352
Stazon Splitcoast
 
imthenoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Well drastic plan change.....life just knows how to keep you on your toes! Gotta go to Denver tonight and then from there on Friday head to Michigan to move the girlie out here. We'll have the boyo drive to Denver on Friday afternoon to meet us and head out all together. So I've got the kitchen all cleaned...just need to finish tidying up the living room and pack us up and leave a list for the boy.
Bless your heart Lee. You've just barely gotten home from your last adventure. Good luck and safe travels.
__________________
Donna T, SU Demonstrator
imthenoni is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #353
Stazon Splitcoast
 
imthenoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbea View Post
Hello ladies,
I just want to first apologize for not posting my Oct cards. At least I don't think I posted them. In any case I just wanted to let you know what's been going on in my life lately if you care to know.
I got word on Oct 31st that my aunt (and Godmother) was in the hospital and things were not going well for her. Then I got a phone call from my best friend's husband. You know when you get a call from your friend's husband, it's never good news.
He told me that his wife was in the hospital because she broke her arm by throwing one of those big (and very light) exercise balls. The part of her arm that broke was between her elbow and her shoulder so you know she was in some sever pain. Next he told me that they found a spot on her bone when they took the x ray. That's when I lost it. So needless to say I didn't get much sleep that night or since then.
The next morning my husband and I packed a bag and the dogs and left for Calif. after we checked the dogs into the local kennel.
I didn't make it in time to say good-bye to my aunt but I was able to see my cousins and provide them with what little comfort that I could. Then I went to visit my friend and tried not to lose it in front of her because after all, she is the one with the broken arm and a spot on her bone, not me.
She told me that they did a scan from her chin to her knees and found more spots, on her ribs and in her lungs. They are calling it STAGE 4 CANCER for now. Also, she is not able to get her arm fixed until they are sure what they are dealing with so they put her in a soft cast for now.
We returned home (NV) for a 1 1/2 days then returned to CA for the funeral. We stayed there for 2 days so that meant the dogs were back in the kennel for 2 days.
We are now home with the dogs but I am on pins and needles waiting for the results of her biopsy that she has last week. If it wasn't for these darn holidays, she would have had it already.
Her appointment is at 3:30 PST today. I am praying that the spots are non-cancerous or if they are, they will be treatable. I just cannot image life without my best friend.
I'm asking you if you will join me in praying for my friend Florence.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
I will try to get the Nov card done if someone will remind me what the theme is for Nov.
Thank you everyone.
Oh my Goodness!!! (this deserves more than OMG) My heart cried for you as I read your post. I will absolutely say a prayer or few for your Friend Florence and you as well. I know you want to be there for your friend but you also need to remember to take care of yourself as well.

Love and hugs and prayers
__________________
Donna T, SU Demonstrator
imthenoni is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
queenbea likes this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #354
Stazon Splitcoast
 
imthenoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
I am so sorry that I am not able to catch up...I feel so left behind with you guys. I wish I had more time to catch up and see what everyone is up to.

I have so much on my plate this week with school. I have a total of 7 tests from now until Monday. That is not including the one I had today. The good news is I did a lot of school work this past weekend, so I have a huge head start on the studying.

Today I had a Machine Transcription test, where I had to transcribe two document. They went pretty good, and there was no studying for it. Tomorrow, however, I have an Excel in-class open-book assignment. Although, technically, there is not need to study, the actual test for this course is on Monday; I like to study now so if I need to look in the book for info, I need to study that for my test. Thursday is the BIG ones...Organizational Behavior and Communications...both study courses. I am pretty sure I am ready for the communications test...but I still have a lot to do to be prepared for the OB test . Friday is communications again...of which I am not prepared AT ALL! Then Monday brings the Excel test and Office Test...both of which I feel good about right now.

Oh well! I better go study some OB so I can be all ready for Thursday!
I'm glad you did well on your dictation/transcription test. I did have a good giggle though with the "OB" My brain did not associate it with Organizational Behavior for a few beats. I'm sure you'll do great with the other tests you have on your horizon.
__________________
Donna T, SU Demonstrator
imthenoni is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #355
Stazon Splitcoast
 
imthenoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
Today's Mini Mission:

Clean the vents in your bathroom.
Did it last night when I remembered to change the direction of the ceiling fan in there.
__________________
Donna T, SU Demonstrator
imthenoni is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:43 AM   #356
Stazon Splitcoast
 
imthenoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,956
Default

God morning everyone. I didn't post yesterday at all. I thought I was going to have a nice leisurely kind of day to get a few things done. So I slept/lazed until 9:40 and the got on the computer. While I was posting my Day 12 of 30 I got a call from my dd1. I noticed he was on her cell so I asked where she was. She told me coming to my house. I said great I was hoping I might could talk you into that today. Then the reality hit me....we had a chiropractic appointment at 10:30 so crappy doodle on my leisurely kind of day. I ran around and got dressed, etc, met her in the carport and headed to the dr's office. Then w went to the library for drop off and pick up of books, then lunch and back to my house for naps, pulling things for the beach trip this weekend, deciding on meals and a grocery list and a who needs to bring what list, then a quick couple of phone calls, put away washed dishes, and decide what's for dinner. Make dinner, clean dishes and how it's 9:30 and I'm tire so my day yesterday wasn't what I had planned at all. Oh yeah, and there was a call to my dad about a computer something that I couldn't talk him through at all so today we'll be going to see him as well.

It sounds like everyone else had a busy day as well. I hope our day today is a bit less crazy.
__________________
Donna T, SU Demonstrator
imthenoni is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:46 AM   #357
Proud Fan Club Member
 
ashjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 11,834
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default

Good morning.

Not doing so well. On bed rest and pain meds so not going to gibber, but wanted you all to know I'm still here.

Hope you are all doing well.
__________________
Joyce
Paper, Scissors, Sew
ashjoy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:47 AM   #358
Stazon Splitcoast
 
imthenoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,956
Default

So what's on my plate for today.

Put dishes away - did this but then cooked again and I'll have to do it again
clean off counter , again (I have 1 that just seems to attract clutter like black pants attract white animal hair)
Make brunch, once dh gets up

pull clothes, etc to finish packing to leave Friday (we'll be back on Monday - a girl's weekend with dd1 & the grand girlies)
Pull my bag to teach class tomorrow 12 - 9 (2 of the same classes)
Go by college to pick up a HUGE stack of papers that I had copied for the class tomorrow, which continues to Tues & Wed of next wk - stupid things weren't ready today so I'm going to pray that they are ready in the am
Go to Daddy's to fix the computer issue
DH is taking me to dinner after daddy's


I also need to do some sprucing up around here as well.

Here's wishing you all a very nice day.
__________________
Donna T, SU Demonstrator

Last edited by imthenoni; 11-13-2013 at 04:42 PM..
imthenoni is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #359
Stazon Splitcoast
 
imthenoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Good morning.

Not doing so well. On bed rest and pain meds so not going to gibber, but wanted you all to know I'm still here.

Hope you are all doing well.
I hope you feel better and with less pain really soon.
__________________
Donna T, SU Demonstrator
imthenoni is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #360
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.
 
mrslaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 58,970
Default

Hugs Joyce!!!
__________________
Paula
S2S2014: Earned $, Spent $0, Difference $

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
mrslaird is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Closed Thread





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off