Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree211Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #481
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

TDD:

Restarted the dryer
Sweep entry way floor
Water plants

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #482
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all - sorry for the absence. While at the beach the internet was sketchy at best. We got home last night and after dinner and a few minutes to catch up with dh I basically hit the sack. I slept nearly 11 hours (a LONG time for me). I still have things to unpack and some clothes to wash but I am basically unpacked and ready to get on with the week as far as that goes. I have not caught up with everyone so I'll be doing that later on as well.

While at the beach we did get most of the family reunion albumn taken care of. It is an old albumn which was falling apart and things were hap-hazardly placed so we took it apart, put everything in order chronologically, bought page protectors and some extra albumns (thanks AC Moore for having 3/9.99 albumns this weekend), and put the old one back together. The old one goes from 1939'ish to 1979. The next one (we have not started it) will be 1980 - 1999. The 3rd will be 2000 - 2010 or so and the final one may be for the next group of years and held in reserve.

Today I have another of my long classes to teach, as well as tomorrow. Then I'll basically be finished for the week. Is it bad to wish for Thursday? LOL The classes today will be on Interviewing techniques and Resume writing. Tomorrow's classes will be finishing up on Resume writing and then to the computer lab to actually writing their resumes, cover letters and thank you notes. Each class is 12:45 - 4:45 and then 5 - 9. I really dislike the last class because I have to lock up with building (not the big issue) but then when leaving the area I have to pull past a gate then get out and close the gate (2 arms) and lock them. On Thursday I could not get the gates to close where I could lock them and had to get dh to come and help me. It truly took 2 of us to get it done. Can I tell you it was frustrating and cold?

Anyway I'll do more with catching up with you ladies later tonight and tomorrow. So for today - to those who are under the weather - I hope you feel better. For those who are struggling with something - I will you smoother sailing. For those who have exciting news - I say WOO HOO! And for everyone I send you hugs and love and prayers.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #483
Embossing Fanatic

Good morning girls,
Just wanted to update you on my friend. She will be going in to have the surgery today, Yea! However, it's not until around 3 or 4 this afternoon so she can eat all day.
They will be removing the tumor on her arm bone, applying a glue to the bones that turns into cement when dried to hold the two broken bones together then they'll put some metal plates to sandwich the bone to make it stronger. I'm praying that all goes according to plan and that there are no unforseen problems. They have to work very carefully so thye don't damage any nerves.
If you remember, can you please say a little prayer for Flo today? Thanks

On a different note; I was wondering how do I get into the holiday spirit?
Yesterday (actually started on Sunday) I washed all the cushion covers on my sofa and love seat. I got the covers all back on and the sofas are looking and smelling great. So I decided to vacuum the sun room which turned into dusting the furniture and vacuuming the front part of my house. Then I cleand the hardwood floors and all the granit countertops. So now the front part of the house looks nice and clean. So now I'm feeling like I need to clean the back part of the house (bedrooms and bathrooms). Trouble is that I'm still hurting from cleaning yesterday. My neck and arms hurt so bad that I ddin't sleep very well last night. I just want to be in the holiday mood but I'm not.
Anybody have any suggestions on what I should do?
Old 11-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #484
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Queenbea-- prayers for your friend!!! (((HUGS)))

Also, have you looked at Flylady's Holiday Cruise Missions: Cruisin the Holidays 2013

Those might help you babystep your way into the holiday spirit!

Old 11-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #485
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hi all.

Just home from the surgeon, it seems I have another ulcer with swelling on my esophugus that's giving me a hard time. I'm back on very high dose of meds to see if that will help first, then he is going to do an endoscope December 2. Although the hope is I won't need surgery again. He said 5 percent of people can have this type of ulcers even if you don't smoke or drink, which I don't. But I told him I may have to start! I really never imagined an ulcer could be so painful and cause so many problems. And I worked in an ER for 10 years!

Janeen, thanks so much for the beautiful card. It came yesterday which was perfect because I was a bit nervous about today's appointment.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'll be in and out, but don't like to post if I need to take pain meds. I can't keep my thoughts straight and tend to speak my mind without them. I can only imagine what I might say with them.

Queen I tend to burn scented candles that helps, but if all else fails then put on the Christmas music and put up your tree. Sometimes it helps just to fake it a little bit my tree will be going up next week, just to ward off surgery!
janeenk likes this post.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #486
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
Good morning y'all!

Gonna be a busy day! Ds2 comes tomorrow. It's gonna be somgreatbtomhave him home for a few days. Wish his wife. Ould come also but she is in school so not this time. Hopefully they will. Oth come in December.

It is so gorgeous here today!!! Looking out my front window, so many beautiful fall colors and nice cool temps! love!

Today.
Coffee! Done but more needed now
Smoothie Done
Walk Done
Tidy up kitchen Actually messier now but....
Head out to grocery for food for ds (gonna make homemade tamales, his favorite for tomorrow night. Hours of work but a labor of love ) Done
Shop for non perishables for TG Done
Finish up my Christmas boxes for Samaritans purse
TAMALES and all their accompaniment Working on it
Change sheets in guest room.
Check guest bathroom
Bible study homework Working on it.
Make a breakfast casserole for bible study.

Yikes I'm exhausted! But a lot done so far. Pork is almost done cooking, it will cool and then be shredded. Red chili sauce is started. Salsa verde is started.

So the menu tomorrow will be:
Red chili pork tamales
Black bean and corn tamales
Cheese tamales
Sauces will be:
Red chili sauce
Salsa verde
Cilantro pesto
salsa
And creama which is sour cream thinned down with cream.

This will all be served with some tortilla chips and a side of retried beans. And maybe some steamed broccoli. And let's not forget MARGARITAS!!!

100 creations in 100 days 69/100
This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?

Join us for Frozen
VSNhttp://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d-t593214.html
ohmypaper! likes this post.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #487
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Oh, Joyce! I am so sorry! I hope it goes away without surgery!

Donna, ugh, I wouldn't like that locking up, bit either!!!! Ummmmm, you can wish for Thur but I NEED extra time so I am not rushing it!

Bea, hoping for good news for your friend!

I was able to get a good bit done today!!!!
Both Bathrooms,
Litter box
Lots of laundry
etc etc!
janeenk likes this post.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #488

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

cher your menu sounds super YUM!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #489
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Hugs Bea and prayers for your friend! Not sure if you're trying to get in the Thanksgiving spirit or Christmas spirit, but my suggestions are pretty much the same either way. I second the candle suggestion! Seasonal scents go a long way! So do seasonal flavors. Get whatever your favorite hot drink is for this time of year. If you don't feel like going all out decorating get a plant. Mums, poinsettia, Christmas cactus, etc. Music. A lot of people I follow on Instagram mentioned listening to Frank Sinatra until after Thanksgiving. Sort of pre-Christmas music. Make a gratitude list. Maybe think of some people to surprise with something nice. Or see if there's a Salvation Army angel tree or something. Nothing makes you feel better than helping someone out!

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #490

Joyce, hugs and prayers! I hope it goes away on its own!

Gallery Blog

Old 11-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #491
Gallery Gazer

LOL. I just realized why I stopped getting the email notifications of this thread. We switched months and I never did...
janeenk likes this post.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #492
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Joy View Post
LOL. I just realized why I stopped getting the email notifications of this thread. We switched months and I never did...
Oops!!

Old 11-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #493
Stazon Splitcoast

Finally home from the classes. It has been a pretty difficult day. Each class had their own issues and drama today. I certainly pray that tomorrow is a better day for all of them, especially me dyk.

Joyce - sorry to hear about your new ulcer and certainly hope that the meds will take care of it.

Queen - I sure hope you feel better tomorrow and get plenty of rest tonight.

Angie - I hope you have extra time but I really just want to have tomorrow night over. As I said it has been a trying day.

I still haven't had time to catch up with everyone but hope to get that done tomorrow.

Love and hugs and prayers to whoever needs one or two or all three.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #494
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

(((Joyce)))

Old 11-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #495
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

I see janeenk and mollymoo951 both have won on HYCCT
mrslaird and ashjoy like this post.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #496
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
I see janeenk and mollymoo951 both have won on HYCCT
Congratulations!
ashjoy and janeenk like this post.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:23 AM   #497
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning all -

Today is going to be another of those busy days teaching from 12:30 - 9 so just a quick note to say I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:31 AM   #498
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning y'all!

Ds2 arrives today! Woohoo! He lands at 11:15. His dad will pick him up as I will be at bible study it's the last week of this series. And it's my turn to bring something savory. I made a breakfast strata, kinda like a bread pudding with sausage and kale and cheese. Yum!

I finished my homework last night. I got a lot done towards our tamale dinner but I've got a lot to go! When I'm finished with bible study I will come home and get back at it. I have to make the masa (like a cornmeal batter) spread it on corn husks fill it and roll it, repeat that about 8 dozen times and then steam them for an hour or more. But first I'll need to clean my kitchen as it is a disaster! I will do that while the corn husks soak.

This is your life.

Join us for Frozen
Old 11-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #499
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Today's Mini Mission:

It's anti-procrastination day... is there anything that you NEED to take care of in the master bedroom??? Summer clothes that need to be put away? Something needing mending? Is it time to buy some new "unmentionables"??

Old 11-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #500
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Hi all.

Just home from the surgeon, it seems I have another ulcer with swelling on my esophugus that's giving me a hard time. I'm back on very high dose of meds to see if that will help first, then he is going to do an endoscope December 2. Although the hope is I won't need surgery again. He said 5 percent of people can have this type of ulcers even if you don't smoke or drink, which I don't. But I told him I may have to start! I really never imagined an ulcer could be so painful and cause so many problems. And I worked in an ER for 10 years!

!
Joyce, (((hugs))) praying for you!praying that the pain will subside and that the ulcer will heal itself!!!

This is your life.

Join us for Frozen
Old 11-20-2013, 05:35 AM   #501
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Good morning y'all!

Ds2 arrives today! Woohoo! He lands at 11:15. His dad will pick him up as I will be at bible study it's the last week of this series. And it's my turn to bring something savory. I made a breakfast strata, kinda like a bread pudding with sausage and kale and cheese. Yum!

I finished my homework last night. I got a lot done towards our tamale dinner but I've got a lot to go! When I'm finished with bible study I will come home and get back at it. I have to make the masa (like a cornmeal batter) spread it on corn husks fill it and roll it, repeat that about 8 dozen times and then steam them for an hour or more. But first I'll need to clean my kitchen as it is a disaster! I will do that while the corn husks soak.

I haven't ever attempted tamales. Kevin LOVES them, but I go to a little shop in Little Mexico when we are in OKC & pick up a couple dozen for him.

janeenk likes this post.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #502
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbea View Post
Good morning girls,
Just wanted to update you on my friend. She will be going in to have the surgery today, Yea! However, it's not until around 3 or 4 this afternoon so she can eat all day.
They will be removing the tumor on her arm bone, applying a glue to the bones that turns into cement when dried to hold the two broken bones together then they'll put some metal plates to sandwich the bone to make it stronger. I'm praying that all goes according to plan and that there are no unforseen problems. They have to work very carefully so thye don't damage any nerves.
If you remember, can you please say a little prayer for Flo today? Thanks

On a different note; I was wondering how do I get into the holiday spirit?
Yesterday (actually started on Sunday) I washed all the cushion covers on my sofa and love seat. I got the covers all back on and the sofas are looking and smelling great. So I decided to vacuum the sun room which turned into dusting the furniture and vacuuming the front part of my house. Then I cleand the hardwood floors and all the granit countertops. So now the front part of the house looks nice and clean. So now I'm feeling like I need to clean the back part of the house (bedrooms and bathrooms). Trouble is that I'm still hurting from cleaning yesterday. My neck and arms hurt so bad that I ddin't sleep very well last night. I just want to be in the holiday mood but I'm not.
Anybody have any suggestions on what I should do?
Prayers for Flo, how did her surgery go?

As for holiday spirit. I like music or Christmas shows. I'm so ready to start decorating!!! But it most likely won't happen until after thanksgiving.

This is your life.

Join us for Frozen
Old 11-20-2013, 05:41 AM   #503
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
I haven't ever attempted tamales. Kevin LOVES them, but I go to a little shop in Little Mexico when we are in OKC & pick up a couple dozen for him.
I'm too stubborn to buy them now. once I started making homemade I just couldn't go back. They are so much better. I think a major difference is the masa, I spread mine really thin so there is a better portion of filling to masa. Also I make all these sauces that really make a difference! You should try making a red chili sauce with yours some time. Its pretty easy and makes it super yum! I could go on and on!

This is your life.

Join us for Frozen
Old 11-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #504
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Good morning all -

Today is going to be another of those busy days teaching from 12:30 - 9 so just a quick note to say I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.
Hope this day goes smoothly for you and that you are surprised with something special like a favorite song, a beautiful scenery, a pleasant smile or a kind word!

This is your life.

Join us for Frozen
Old 11-20-2013, 05:44 AM   #505
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hope this day goes smoothly for you and that you are surprised with something special like a favorite song, a beautiful scenery, a pleasant smile or a kind word!
Actually I wish this for all my fly baby friends out there! Have a lovely joyous day!!!

This is your life.

Join us for Frozen
Old 11-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #506

Morning lovelies! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I want to make some Thanksgiving cards today and get things in the mail. I need to figure out my Dad's birthday present, call my brother to offer him a ride to my mom's if he wants it, fit the toothpaste in my OCC boxes so I can take them tomorrow, etc. Oh, and FOLD AND PUT AWAY laundry. Geez Louise, that part hangs me up every time!

Gallery Blog

Old 11-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #507
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Today's Mini Mission:

It's anti-procrastination day... is there anything that you NEED to take care of in the master bedroom??? Summer clothes that need to be put away? Something needing mending? Is it time to buy some new "unmentionables"??
Yes...there was something...and after trying on clothing there was only 1 item that went into the donate pile...

2 items went into the repair pile which has already made it to the 1/2 wall for my next trip to the basement-sewing room...

It's time for a purchase but no money in the fund...so...I'll keep wearing what I have holes and all...and pray I don't have an accident!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #508
VSN Coordinator

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Hello....I think we're safely back in Colorado for quite the forseeable future! LOL At least I hope so! My body has some major recovering to do....so although I didn't want to come to Denver this week but I had to for a doc appt on Friday....it might work out since I can just work on quiet computer stuff and work on schedules/jobs for the kids.

Hope you all are having a lovely November!!!! We're supposed to get snow the next several days....not a ton in accumulation....but just cold, snowy days!

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #509
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post

Hello....I think we're safely back in Colorado for quite the forseeable future! LOL At least I hope so! My body has some major recovering to do....so although I didn't want to come to Denver this week but I had to for a doc appt on Friday....it might work out since I can just work on quiet computer stuff and work on schedules/jobs for the kids.

Hope you all are having a lovely November!!!! We're supposed to get snow the next several days....not a ton in accumulation....but just cold, snowy days!

We have a chance of freezing rain on Fri. It's not going to be nice & warm in TX, but it will be warmer than 39*!!!

Old 11-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #510
VSN Coordinator

Here's my forecast on our mountain for the week! Yiipppeeee!!!!!

NOAA National Weather Service

Stamp TV!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #511
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

Old 11-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #512
VSN Coordinator

So.....no Thanksgiving visit this year????

Stamp TV!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #513
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
So.....no Thanksgiving visit this year????

We "almost" invited ourselves up... then your life got crazier & our life got crazy, crazy... today is my last day of "normal"... I feel like I'm nearing the top of a roller coaster & tomorrow "begins" the ride!

Old 11-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #514

Quote:
We "almost" invited ourselves up... then your life got crazier & our life got crazy, crazy... today is my last day of "normal"... I feel like I'm nearing the top of a roller coaster & tomorrow "begins" the ride!
Hope it's a fun one!

Gallery Blog

Old 11-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #515
VSN Coordinator

You have a permanent, standing invite! You know that! Cody and Tawni will be happy to be our personal chefs the entire time too!

Stamp TV!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #516
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
You have a permanent, standing invite! You know that! Cody and Tawni will be happy to be our personal chefs the entire time too!
Ohhhhhh, sounds so fancy!!!

Old 11-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #517
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Sort of like that water slide picture on the prize thread??
Old 11-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #518

So far:
Showered and dressed
Cleaned up after Amelia - she wanted to wear panties this morning
Folded clothes
Unloaded, reloaded, started dishwasher
Printed Target coupons
Put away folded clothes
Read Bible
Make a Target list

Next:
Start a load of laundry
Push kids on swings
Declutter

Gallery Blog

Last edited by mrslaird; 11-20-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Old 11-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #519
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yow! That's quite the forecast! I would love it if I could be tucked away in a cabin with nothing to do but relax, sip something hot and maybe cook a little.

This is your life.

Join us for Frozen
Old 11-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #520
Stazon Splitcoast

Back home. Ds made it here safely. He and dh are out and about. My last bible study was wonderful. I do think Beth Moore is truly a woman of God.

Kitchen is cleaned. Corn husks are soaking and I'm about to begin making the masa.

This is your life.

Join us for Frozen
Closed Thread