Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #921
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
i hope i'm not getting sick.

yesterday morning...while getting ready for work...i noticed my throat hurt...i thought nah...just drainage. then i get in to work & find out that girl has strep...and omg! exposed on monday...takes 2-5 days...

I hope i can give it to the two bosses that poo poo'd the fact Aunt Cindy brought a sick child to work not once, but two times...cuz she has "100 tax returns to do". Really? And I have how many? + the audits the boy you paid to do them, didn't do. And she got real quite after that.

idiots.

That Aunt Cindy...she's always up to no good, isn't she?

I REALLY hope you can't give it to your bosses....cause that means you don't have it. Strep sucks...big time...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #922
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
Today is supposed to be 81* so we are having a "spring cleaning day".... trash cans have been taken outside & filled to soak, rugs are in the washing machine & will be taken outside to dry, the greenery will be next to go outside to be rinsed off.
You lucky duck. We are supposed to have a snow storm tomorrow with wind gusts of 100 miles/hr. I have a feeling that if we get it then I won't be going to class...that's a lot of wind...and mixed with the snow it will be brutal.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #923
Stazon Splitcoast

School has been done for the day and I have went to see both of the kids teachers for the parent/teacher interviews. They are both doing great! Jarod is doing great in everything, especially Math. He has 5's in all but one Math concept, in that we he got a 4. You cannot get higher than 5!! I got mostly 4 and 5 in everything else too. There were a couple of 3's but I was told they were in concepts that they have not done entirely yet, so those 3's should get bumped to 4's or 5's by the end of the school year.

Nicholas has come a long way too! His teacher told me he seems more settled in class now and he is not acting out anymore and he listens much better! That makes me happy because I was a little worried about him, since he was having behavioral issues. He is very bright, so his school work has always been good! But I'm glad that he is liking it better and being a nicer kid in class now!

Well, I asked both kids what we should have for supper and it was unanimous! Bacon! So, it will be breakfast for us this evening.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #924
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

So far:
Breakfast
Get dressed/make bed
Pick up in entrance
Fold laundry, do squats
Read
Took off old nail polish
Start laundry
Call Dad & Jacob
Do two of this week's mini missions - windowsills (and baseboards) & dresser
Get Amelia down for a nap
Switch laundry
Play memory with the kids
Paint nails
Address packages
Lunch
10 min kitchen clean up
Go to Kroger for Passover supplies
Mail a card

Next:
Put things away
Work in pantry
Living room cleanup
Gallery Blog
Old 03-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #925

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
School has been done for the day and I have went to see both of the kids teachers for the parent/teacher interviews. They are both doing great! Jarod is doing great in everything, especially Math. He has 5's in all but one Math concept, in that we he got a 4. You cannot get higher than 5!! I got mostly 4 and 5 in everything else too. There were a couple of 3's but I was told they were in concepts that they have not done entirely yet, so those 3's should get bumped to 4's or 5's by the end of the school year.

Nicholas has come a long way too! His teacher told me he seems more settled in class now and he is not acting out anymore and he listens much better! That makes me happy because I was a little worried about him, since he was having behavioral issues. He is very bright, so his school work has always been good! But I'm glad that he is liking it better and being a nicer kid in class now!

Well, I asked both kids what we should have for supper and it was unanimous! Bacon! So, it will be breakfast for us this evening.
Awesome!
Gallery Blog
Old 03-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #926
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Wonderful
Old 03-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #927
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Oh Melissa I hope you're not getting sick too. I got home last night all stuffy and then it all broke loose so I'm battling a nose that just doesn't want to stop and ears that feel funny (this part is normal with sinus/allergies for me) and a bit of a sore throat from the drainage as well. ARG!!!

I have pulled cards for a birthday, thank you and sympothy I need to write and get sent out today.

I need to get dressed and ready to hit the Walmart to pick up a couple of things and meet dd2 for a minute before the 2pm visitation and funeral for my cousin. Afterwhich I will probably eat dinner with my dad, step-mother and brother. DH will probably be on his own since he has to be at work at 6.

Then I need to get clothes, etc together for the trip
work on a timesheet for tomorrow
get things ready for a CPR recert class 9-1 tomorrow
get things ready for a meeting at 1:15 tomorrow incl what my sub needs to cover while I'm away next week
and ds is coming over to get some things he'll need for next week while we're away
and get to bed. Hopefully I'll feel much better tomorrow

Hope y'all have a great day.
The funeral was very nice but they did a military honor guard with the 21 gun salute as well as the bugler playing Taps and the folding and presenting of the flag. Those are difficult parts of a funeral for me. It was cold for us (38F) and the wind was blowing.

I think the only worse one is a Fire/EMS?Law Enforcement funeral when they do the final call. It is absolutely the sadest thing to hear a dispatcher over a radio call that person's number 2 times and then say something to effect 'this is the final call for ... their tour of duty has ended. May they rest in peace.' Just typing it out I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. I've had to go to a few of those - 2 in 1 week were just too many. I also had to go to one for my fire training partner. She had a fire truck have an issue and flip, killing her in the line of duty. Her hubby was and still is a dear friend.

I'm going to go before I bring us all down.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #928

Quote:
The funeral was very nice but they did a military honor guard with the 21 gun salute as well as the bugler playing Taps and the folding and presenting of the flag. Those are difficult parts of a funeral for me. It was cold for us (38F) and the wind was blowing.

I think the only worse one is a Fire/EMS?Law Enforcement funeral when they do the final call. It is absolutely the sadest thing to hear a dispatcher over a radio call that person's number 2 times and then say something to effect 'this is the final call for ... their tour of duty has ended. May they rest in peace.' Just typing it out I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. I've had to go to a few of those - 2 in 1 week were just too many. I also had to go to one for my fire training partner. She had a fire truck have an issue and flip, killing her in the line of duty. Her hubby was and still is a dear friend.

Hugs!!!
Gallery Blog
Old 03-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #929

Today it would be nice to:
Email Fiona, Julie, and Gretchen
Make some cards
Mail some cards
Buy Passover supplies
Call Jacob, call Isaiah

Pay bills
Take things to Goodwill
Call/lookup Gymboree class
Order photos
Clean
Organize and clean in pantry

Update Stamp to Spend
Blog
Paint my nails

So far:
Breakfast
Get dressed/make bed
Pick up in entrance
Fold laundry, do squats
Read
Took off old nail polish
Start laundry
Call Dad & Jacob
Do two of this week's mini missions - windowsills (and baseboards) & dresser
Get Amelia down for a nap
Switch laundry
Play memory with the kids
Paint nails
Address packages
Lunch
10 min kitchen clean up
Go to Kroger for Passover supplies
Mail a card
Put groceries away
Work in pantry
Living room cleanup
Vacuum
Supper prep

Hoping to get a few more crafty type things done tonight and sweep the kitchen and dining area. We'll see how bedtime goes.
Gallery Blog
Old 03-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #930
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
That Aunt Cindy...she's always up to no good, isn't she?

I REALLY hope you can't give it to your bosses....cause that means you don't have it. Strep sucks...big time...
The wonderful news is...I DON'T HAVE STREP! yippie skippie!

It was sinus drainage...as I originally thought! <---geez, happy for sinus drainage. Anyway.

Got a corsteroid (probably not spelled correctly ) shot and a bottle of antibiotics to help with the wheezing thing I got going from the drainage.

got that swab thing...gag!

very happy to not have strep...still want to wring Aunt Cindy's neck. Insensitive of her to bring a contagious child to work.

on the mend! yippie skippie. i don't have strep!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #931
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #932
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

oh...did not know that about the fire / emt funerals...and oh yeah on the military funerals...that 21 gun salute, taps & flag...very touching...

first 21 gun salute I ever heard...I jumped out of my shoes. I was so not expecting seven guns three times. whoo.

it is awesome.

(((hugs))) to you!

The A-Team.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #933
ALWAYS has a P L A N

well...gonna eat a late supper...already sent the boy to bed. chit chat in the AM!

The A-Team.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #934
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Quote:
I have to share the billboard that has been put up in a town near us - On a major street and both sides read

Michael -

GPS tracker - $250, Nikkon camera with zoom lense - $1600. Cathcing my LYING HUSBAND and buying this billboard with our investment money - Priceless.

Tell Jessica you're moving in.

- Jennifer

I almost spit my water all over my computer. How WONDERFUL!!!
I snorted! I think you need to take a picture of that for fb.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #935
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Donna, they are very sad. Been to several, heard several ect.

Melissa, glad you don't have strep. I'm on my 3rd day of the z pack and it upset my belly so much yesterday I'm still putting off taking today's. my nose and throat feel better, but the cough is just annoying already.

My husband forgot his brief case this morning so my dd and I took it to him, then traveled a little further to a Joann's grand opening. They had all there sewing notions 50% off so I stocked up. It was so crowded my daughter stood in line while I shopped and I still had to wait in line about 20 minutes. Then we had lunch with dh. Needless to say I didn't do much except put my new stuff away when I got home.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #936
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=imthenoni;20071733]Oh Melissa I hope you're not getting sick too. I got home last night all stuffy and then it all broke loose so I'm battling a nose that just doesn't want to stop and ears that feel funny (this part is normal with sinus/allergies for me) and a bit of a sore throat from the drainage as well. ARG!!!

I have pulled cards for a birthday, thank you and sympothy I need to write and get sent out today.

I need to get dressed and ready to hit the Walmart to pick up a couple of things and meet dd2 for a minute before the 2pm visitation and funeral for my cousin. Afterwhich I will probably eat dinner with my dad, step-mother and brother. DH will probably be on his own since he has to be at work at 6.

Then I need to get clothes, etc together for the trip
work on a timesheet for tomorrow
get things ready for a CPR recert class 9-1 tomorrow
get things ready for a meeting at 1:15 tomorrow incl what my sub needs to cover while I'm away next week
and ds is coming over to get some things he'll need for next week while we're away
and get to bed. Hopefully I'll feel much better tomorrow

Hope y'all have a great day.[/
QUOTE]

I have written the thank you card and the birthday cards out. I've delivered the birthday card and have the thank you ready to send. I need to get the sympathy one done and ready to mail. Then I'm going to bed.

As you can see my tomorrow will be a busy day as well. I also have to wash 2 loads of clothes and dishes. I also have to pack everything as this week has been a bit busies plus not feeling well hasn't helped much. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and can get it all done.

Rest well everyone. I'm going to take care of that card and hit it myself.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #937
Stazon Splitcoast

Melissa - glad it wasn't strep. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Joyce - There is actually a picture of the sign on fb. It was so funny. Now it has changed to something a bit different but from Jennifer to Jessica.

Thank you all for the hugs. I'm actually not as bad as I seem it's just been a long day with other issues arising which didn't help matters of the day either. Just having a momentary pitty party. Tomorrow will be a better day - I am certain of it!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:56 AM   #938
ALWAYS has a P L A N

rise & shine! it's a great new day.

it's friday. march 22, 2013.

purple + red cowboy boots!

the boy was up...6 AM! Bright eyed & bushy tailed.
Me - It's time to get ready.
DS - Why, Mom? We going somewhere?
Me - (thinking, looking @ computer - they off today? I need to check the announcements. ) Today is Friday...are you off from school?
DS - Today is Saturday, Mom.
Me - um...No...it's Friday.
DS - (quickly looking @ his iPhone...flips up the calendar...hops out of chair...goes to get ready.) LOL.

He's in a good mood. He got all bright eyed & bushy tailed for a SCHOOL MORNING! LOL. funny.

The A-Team.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:22 AM   #939
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning all - B U S Y day today I feel a bit better but a few more hours of sleep would have been nice

Done
Up
Dressed
Made bed
Breakfast
Allergy Med
Inspirational Reading

To Do
Teach CPR 9-1
Go to meeting 1:15 (at least an hour but may be longer - really!?!?! This is the last day before Spring Break)
Home
Figure out dinner - it may be another go out night
Wash 2 loads of laundry - don't want to leave dirty laundry behind
Fold laundry ds left last night - what am I thinking!?!?!
Pull all the clothes and check my list for all the things to take with us
Get garbage together to go out in the am
Pack the car with all that I can
Wash dishes & put away
Hopefully I'll get to go to bed early tonight but I'm not counting on it.

Hope y'all have a great Friday - it's 19F here right now - WWWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYY tooooooo cold for me. But I have about 15 minutes before I have to hit the door so Chat with you all later my friends.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:22 AM   #940
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Me - (thinking, looking @ computer - they off today? I need to check the announcements. ) Today is Friday...are you off from school?
DS - (quickly looking @ his iPhone...flips up the calendar...hops out of chair...goes to get ready.) LOL.

He's in a good mood. He got all bright eyed & bushy tailed for a SCHOOL MORNING! LOL. funny.
Too funny!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:31 AM   #941
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Today's Mini Mission:

Sweep/vacuum the master bedroom floor.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #942
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Too funny!

The A-Team.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #943
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Today's Mini Mission:

Sweep/vacuum the master bedroom floor.
hmmm....i'm all outta quips.

The A-Team.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #944
ALWAYS has a P L A N

I'm two days late (it was Wednesday, the 20th)...but SCAPERWANNABE...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I bet the hot spot mission was on the day of her anniversary!

The A-Team.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:08 AM   #945
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Today's Mini Mission:

Got a hot spot in your master bedroom? Spend a few minutes putting it out!!
SEE!

I wuz right!

The A-Team.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #946
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Today is supposed to be 81* so we are having a "spring cleaning day".... trash cans have been taken outside & filled to soak, rugs are in the washing machine & will be taken outside to dry, the greenery will be next to go outside to be rinsed off.
It hasn't been too warm here in north fl the whole week but so nice to see green grass, flowers and hear the mocking bird.

my SCS gallery
As long as you are capable of anger there are lessons to be learned
Old 03-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #947
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
It hasn't been too warm here in north fl the whole week but so nice to see green grass, flowers and hear the mocking bird.
Hi stranger!

The A-Team.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #948
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
hmmm....i'm all outta quips.

I'm shocked!!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #949
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Janeen, we had one day of warm weather and then the storms hit...it's been cold ever since!!!! UGH...feels so much colder after having a warm day. My kids are heading out to camp for the weekend at youth retreat....feeling sorry for them that it's going to be chilly ...when any day now warm spring weather will be here to stay!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #950

Quote:
I'm shocked!!!!

And I want you to know that your mission to us a few months ago about tossing out worn items.....spurred to me action! I didn't have anything to toss because I only had one VERY worn item so I went out and bought myself 3!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohooo! Just cheapys but they feel wonderful!!! I DID TOSS the old away immediately!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #951
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Our cooler temps are back today. The weekend temps for the outdoor archery events is 40* & 43*!

Old 03-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #952
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That is very sad! Having benn a military wife we have been to many funerals. For pilots they do the missing man formation. Where 4 plane fly by in formation and as they go past one flies up and away and there is a blank space left for the missing man. Very effective on a cloudy day! No dry eyes then. Dh was a pilot in the Air Force and we lost several friends.

This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:48 AM   #953
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The wonderful news is...I DON'T HAVE STREP! yippie skippie!

It was sinus drainage...as I originally thought! <---geez, happy for sinus drainage. Anyway.

Got a corsteroid (probably not spelled correctly ) shot and a bottle of antibiotics to help with the wheezing thing I got going from the drainage.

got that swab thing...gag!

very happy to not have strep...still want to wring Aunt Cindy's neck. Insensitive of her to bring a contagious child to work.

on the mend! yippie skippie. i don't have strep!
Yay , for no strep and getting shots and meds to get better!
Boo to crazy inconsiderate blob!

This is your life.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #954
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
I'm shocked!!!!

The A-Team.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #955
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post

And I want you to know that your mission to us a few months ago about tossing out worn items.....spurred to me action! I didn't have anything to toss because I only had one VERY worn item so I went out and bought myself 3!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohooo! Just cheapys but they feel wonderful!!! I DID TOSS the old away immediately!!!!
That is great!

The A-Team.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #956

Quote:
Our cooler temps are back today. The weekend temps for the outdoor archery events is 40* & 43*!
yup cold! When we are used to warmer!!! Dress warm! Hoping my kids have enough warm with them!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #957

Quote:
That is great!
silly that it takes a mission to get me moving....but glad it did!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #958
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
That's nice weather.

JK...that's a tad chilly....are the events in the woods / shade or in the sunshine?

The A-Team.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #959

ok, lots to do today, I have finished up my internet fun so I gotta run! Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:00 AM   #960
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

was he bummed? Hope not!

This is your life.