Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree403Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #761
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

I just got a message from the Food Bank... "Misti, can you come up here QUICK??? We've already called the police, but I think you can get here faster!" On my way!

Sometimes the people around you won't understand your journey... they don't need to, it isn't for them.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #762
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to edith199 Send a message via Yahoo to edith199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
I just got a message from the Food Bank... "Misti, can you come up here QUICK??? We've already called the police, but I think you can get here faster!" On my way!
GULP Hopefully you make it back to let us know the what/where/when/why, etc... details

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 06-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #763
Forum Fanatic

and...... my paper's finished!!!!

bring on summer break

~~ today. . . ~~

Scraperwannabe, ashjoy and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #764
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by edith199 View Post

bring on summer break
Whoohoo!!!!
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #765
Forum Fanatic

and... it's hailing

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 06-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #766
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #767
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

90 minutes later....

Glad you had time to post us a note...or did a boy do that on your phone while you were driving?
Old 06-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #768
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

edith199...I hope you can make a few cards tonight...glad for the paper being finished...

I made 2 cards this afternoon and have one more in process...company made about 8 I think...she wanted to use dry embossing folders...I don't think she did but once!!!!

Isn't that how it is with card making...you have a plan and the card rarely turns out with what you had planned...I did not plan to use purple...but 2 cards have purple on them...it is just what looked best with where it went!

Supper is...unknown until someone tells me what they want...
Old 06-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #769
Forum Fanatic

supper here is coco brooks pizza... it's in the oven now

whether or not I get to making cards this evening... I really *should* clean up my study area completely... books are back on the shelf waiting to be re-shelved (that's a DD1 task since she's OCD)... but my table is still mess

also I have to run to WalMart... got a call from DS1... can you do me a favor? the WalMart here doesn't carry what I've been wearing. So that's now on my list.

still waiting to hear about Misti's escapades with her Food Bank... I wonder... did the boys take their bows with them?!?!? (thinking that if Misti could get there before the police maybe they needed armed help?!?!?!) I should think not but wouldn't that just put those boys over the moon

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 06-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #770
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

still waiting to hear about Misti's escapades with her Food Bank... I wonder... did the boys take their bows with them?!?!? (thinking that if Misti could get there before the police maybe they needed armed help?!?!?!) I should think not but wouldn't that just put those boys over the moon
From their time zone to yours...that would be exciting to see!

(I'm waiting to hear as well...hurry boys and send us a text on your momma's phone...inquiring minds (including lurkers) want to know! )
Old 06-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #771
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

bring on summer break
WOO HOO!!! So after a day or two to rest, you'll be whipping out 5+ cards a day!

Sometimes the people around you won't understand your journey... they don't need to, it isn't for them.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #772
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

My boys bows would be pretty worthless, because they have field tips on them & not broadheads. Not that anyone would know that.

My boys had to go sit in the admin assistant's office to read because their were boys there from the boys home. The boys "earn" trips out & one condition is they aren't allowed to be with anyone under 18. "Our" week is normally a different week, so we don't get the boys in trouble.

Anyway, there was a girl fight in the parking lot & a big dude inside that was causing trouble. I took care of it. Told the 2 ladies to park their tushies in a chair on opposite ends of the room & if I heard a peep out of them until their number was called they wouldn't get food that month. Told the obnoxious guy that I had a note in the file & I had to talk to him anyway, he didn't like what the note said. I told him he could talk to me nicely, without yelling or leave. About that time the police showed up & said, "You obviously didn't learn anything from being hauled in LAST night."

Kevin came by & picked up the boys & he took them home to start practice. I stayed to close the place down. One of the ladies was very timid, one didn't have any idea how to run the food bank. Of course, the 2 main ladies both had to be gone unexpectedly.

Full moon???????

mollymoo951 likes this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #773
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
My boys bows would be pretty worthless, because they have field tips on them & not broadheads. Not that anyone would know that.

My boys had to go sit in the admin assistant's office to read because their were boys there from the boys home. The boys "earn" trips out & one condition is they aren't allowed to be with anyone under 18. "Our" week is normally a different week, so we don't get the boys in trouble.

Anyway, there was a girl fight in the parking lot & a big dude inside that was causing trouble. I took care of it. Told the 2 ladies to park their tushies in a chair on opposite ends of the room & if I heard a peep out of them until their number was called they wouldn't get food that month. Told the obnoxious guy that I had a note in the file & I had to talk to him anyway, he didn't like what the note said. I told him he could talk to me nicely, without yelling or leave. About that time the police showed up & said, "You obviously didn't learn anything from being hauled in LAST night."

Kevin came by & picked up the boys & he took them home to start practice. I stayed to close the place down. One of the ladies was very timid, one didn't have any idea how to run the food bank. Of course, the 2 main ladies both had to be gone unexpectedly.

Full moon???????
GO MISTI!!!

No messing with mamma bear!

Its sad...but that's what most of those kids are crying out for. Someone to love them enough to discipline them. I give you two thumbs up!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #774
Stazon Splitcoast

I just posted the link to Jarod's teachers card on the Silhouette thread. Or you can just go to my blog to see it.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #775
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Full moon???????
Nope...not tonight...but it is at 91%...it will be full on Sunday night!

Yeah for you...and I bet those boys of yours could have given them all a word or two that would be informative information! Just like the guy at the gas station not working for his money!!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #776
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Misti, glad that was easily handled. Way to keep then in line!

Kramomma, good jobs on the cards!

Edith, did you take a deep breath and relax today?

Did some shopping for the party tonight, now just need to get the fruit and veggies tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #777
Stazon Splitcoast

I just finished making a card for Nicholas's teacher. Two cards in two days...that's a record for me in 2013!!

I didn't give her a card on Nick's last day of school because I wanted to get a picture of the two of them together to put on it. Nick has to go over to the school to pick up his stuff tomorrow (work and art that he had done) so he will drop it off to her then. I will take a picture of it tomorrow to share with you all!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #778
Stazon Splitcoast

I am going on a little road trip tomorrow. Its not far at all...but me and my friend, Laura, are heading down the coast to get some photo's. It's going to fun!! If my mom is done working by the time we go, she is going to come too.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #779
Forum Fanatic

go Misti... I'm glad they felt they could call on you.. but still...

I've just come home from running to 5 different Walmarts that are in the vicinity... only found 1 item of what DS was looking for.. and it was on clearance so I think he's outta luck...

And... while driving to each of these places I realized that I was not coping very well with p.e.o.p.l.e. I think I need to take a few of those deep breaths and relax a bit... I'm heading out again for the weekend so we'll see if that won't help Taking DD2 with me this time so she can link up with a friend of hers that she met in Germany... It's a good excuse to see J&K again

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 06-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #780
ALWAYS has a P L A N

rise & shine. tis a great new day.

it's Friday! june 21, 2013.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:59 AM   #781
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

It's Friday Fun Day...my day got changed...it will include fun with someone different! Not wearing denim today...wearing khaki...

Edith199...it isn't the p.e.o.p.l.e. but their actions that get me! Especially leapers in traffic...drives.me.stressful.

pcousins13...cute card...my plan this morning...remake ARTchallenge (hey, yesterday I realized that stands for "artzy" pronounced with a "c" sound...made me smile and wonder how long did it take them to get such an acronym?
pcousins13 likes this post.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #782
Stazon Splitcoast

I will be leaving in about 20 minutes to go on the fun day with my friend Laura. I have a chiropractic appointment at 10:15...and I need to stop into the college to get the things out of my locker before that. Then we will go to breakfast and then head down the coast! Down there, there are four little coastal/fishing communities and breathtaking scenery...so we should get some nice pictures. Laura just put a new bathroom in down stairs in the rec room...she wanted some nice Newfoundland pictures to fill the wall with and didn't know where she was going to get them...so, I figured, since I have a nice camera and some time, why not head out for an adventure and get some ourselves! She will have some memories to go along with them too!
Old 06-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #783
Stazon Splitcoast

I am also waiting not-so-patiently for my grades to be posted on-line. The on-line grades section of the website is down and was supposed to be up by 8:30 this morning...it is now 9:06 and I am getting antsy! I really wanted to get them before I leave...I have about 15 minutes left...
Old 06-21-2013, 03:37 AM   #784
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm off to take a picture of Nick's teachers card! And then I am off to pick up Laura.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:14 AM   #785
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

I need some help...and wanted to keep the conversation in one place so I can use it as a resource...

Toaster Ovens
Old 06-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #786
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
Well, I'm off to take a picture of Nick's teachers card! And then I am off to pick up Laura.
Oddest thing...there is an odd shape (diamond inside a circle) on this post, I thought it was a speck on my computer screen but I couldn't get it off...

then I realized it's on everyone's post...and now the paranoia comes through...is there a camera watching me attempt to scratch off that which isn't on my computer screen?

Just sayin'....

The spot doesn't quote...
Old 06-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #787
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Now everything is normal again...

Sure am glad for that...
Old 06-21-2013, 04:19 AM   #788
Proud Fan Club Member

Kra, hope its a fun day.

Edith, people drive me crazy as well. Even family....we took my parents out to dinner last night. My Dad enjoys clam night so we let him choose when and where to go. While we were waiting for dinner my nephew called to see if my Mom was cooking dinner....mind you he's 25 years old!

P13, have fun!

Today's agenda will start at 9am with
Washing my sheets, not because I want to today but because I have to gggrrrrr!
Baking 2 layer cakes 12x16
Making 3 batches of filling for the cake
Shopping for fruits and veggies
Prepping fruits and veggies
Washing electric roasters 3 and crock pots
Calling to make sure we can get ice

Last edited by ashjoy; 06-21-2013 at 08:58 AM..
Old 06-21-2013, 04:27 AM   #789
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Today's Mini Mission:

Straighten a dresser drawer or two!

Old 06-21-2013, 04:30 AM   #790
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

I was up every hour on the hour checking a kid with a concussion. Oy!!!! I still think there was something in the weather!

Caffeine!!!

Old 06-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #791
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh no Misti, what happened?
Old 06-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #792
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
I was up every hour on the hour checking a kid with a concussion. Oy!!!! I still think there was something in the weather!

Caffeine!!!
Geez. What happened?

The A-Team.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:51 AM   #793
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Today's mood. (ala Facebook style)

- feeling irritated

The A-Team.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #794
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Oh no Misti, what happened?
You know the saying, famous last words of a redneck, "watch this????" Yep! He ended up with a swollen black eye & a concussion. Shooting will be interesting since his dominant eye is the one swollen shut! no tears, lots of laughter at reliving the "stupid". At 3 am, he said,"I'm gonna get to sleep in tomorrow aren't I?" I told him yes. "I'm a lucky, lucky duck" was his response. Oh, yeah... If you were such a lucky duck you wouldn't have a concussion. Odd duck...

UrgentCookie, mollymoo951 and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #795
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Misti, oh no!!

Gallery Blog

Beauty is the miracle of things going together imperfectly. ~ Anne Lamott
Old 06-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #796
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
Today's mood. (ala Facebook style)

- feeling irritated
Do you have your red boots on??? Or do you have a summer equivalent?

Old 06-21-2013, 05:01 AM   #797
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Let me see if this lovely picture will come through....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 06-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #798
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Another one...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 06-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #799
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
You know the saying, famous last words of a redneck, "watch this????" Yep! He ended up with a swollen black eye & a concussion. Shooting will be interesting since his dominant eye is the one swollen shut! no tears, lots of laughter at reliving the "stupid". At 3 am, he said,"I'm gonna get to sleep in tomorrow aren't I?" I told him yes. "I'm a lucky, lucky duck" was his response. Oh, yeah... If you were such a lucky duck you wouldn't have a concussion. Odd duck...
And he did it how? Just so someone else's children can learn what NOT to do!

And...does he have a competition this weekend where he gets to strut his odd duck stupidity?

Bummer that he didn't get it from strutting his stuff in front of the "dudes" yesterday at the food shelter!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:20 AM   #800
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Do you have your red boots on??? Or do you have a summer equivalent?

Yes, she does...they are called NCIS!
Closed Thread