Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree403Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #721
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Good morning!

Kra, I would love to come and play....
But, We are having a retirement party Saturday for 50ish people. Dh would not be so happy if I decided to take a trip today.

Today
FedEx man is here with order as we speak MFT is in da house! Woot! woot!
Get moving
Kitchen routine
Dust kitchen wood
Garden routine
Laundry load a day
Skipping floors as with cooking prep starting they will need to be done again.
Mini mission
Dust dressers
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #722
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
Stamplady_13...I recently was reading Folk Medicine by D.C.Jarvis, M.D. about the effects of honey with bedwetting...see if you can get it from the library for a full read but here is the paragraph that was helpful in my mind...

"Nearly always nervousness is present in children who wet the bed at night. In addition there may also be nail-biting, temper tantrums, thumb-sucking, and infantile speech."

The suggested treatment is divided into two...preventive treatment and active treatment...but...the preventive should begin at about 1-year old...so...you are past that but you could still implement a change in her behavior...

The "habit" of bladder control at regular intervals...first thing upon waking, after each meal, and every 3 hours and at longer intervals as bladder control improves.

The active treatment is at bedtime to give the child a teaspoon of honey. The honey acts in 2 ways...it acts as a sedative to the nervous system and it attracts and holds fluid during the sleeping hours, thus is spares the kidneys.

There is more information in the book (bedwetting are pages 107-109 basically. I highly suggest reading it...

Also...it is best to buy honey locally...from a bee-keeper...not the honey in the store on the top shelf in a teddy bear bottle! Never store honey in the fridge...(which is what my mother did...and we got the teddy bear bottle if we got a treat of honey purchased!)

I will post another section concerning headaches (migraines)..I found this section to be very interesting.
Why can't you store the honey in the fridge? I have to store anything syrupy in the fridge or the crazy ants get in the bottle.

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #723
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Why can't you store the honey in the fridge? I have to store anything syrupy in the fridge or the crazy ants get in the bottle.
It causes the honey to crystalize. But... you aren't supposed to store it above 75* either. My dad was told that when you live in warmer areas, to go ahead & store it in the fridge. You just need to use it up before it crystalizes or use warm water to thin it for use.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #724
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
I will post another section concerning headaches ()..I found this section to be very interesting.
His solution is becoming my "drink of choice" 3-4 times a day, but I have still had 2 migraines this week. One of them was a real WHOPPER, the worse I've had in about a year. We'll see what happens over time.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #725

Hugs Misti!!!

Gallery Blog

Old 06-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #726
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Hugs Misti!!!
I told Kevin it's my body's way of rebelling the no sugar! . He's not buying it!

mollymoo951 likes this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #727
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is some of what I learned about chronic headaches (including migraines)...they are blamed on eyes, stomach, kidneys, liver and the sinuses.

(Interesting...migraines are inherited occurring in people having considerable energy and good intelligence!!!! They are also sensitive, sympathetic, fussy, demanding, aggressive, and ambitious....Quite the person I thought!)

What I understand from the reading is that the person is acid deficient in their body, to increase acid you take Apple Cider Vinegar (1 teaspoon to a glass of water)...also...

Take 2 teaspoons of honey at mealtime to prevent an attack. If the migraine has already begun take 1 tablespoon of honey, if after 30 minutes it has not begun to lessen take another tablespoon of honey.

There is also a vaporizing method using apple cider vinegar that they claim will allow you to stop taking headache tablets. This book is from 1958 (the year I was born!)...

I found it also interesting that it says it is unusual for someone older than 60 years of age to have migraines...so...maybe there is hope for you headache sufferers as you age! Of course our society and food intake has become so modified that it is difficult to eat as they did in 1958...

***Disclaimer*** I am not a medical person...do not take this as medical advice...but I have started using local honey and Mrs. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother for some physical issues and am finding both to be helping me...as well as changing using less and less prepackaged foods...I'm not to the point of making crackers but I'm getting closer...
Old 06-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #728
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
It causes the honey to crystalize. But... you aren't supposed to store it above 75* either. My dad was told that when you live in warmer areas, to go ahead & store it in the fridge. You just need to use it up before it crystalizes or use warm water to thin it for use.
This is probably why my mother stored it in the fridge then...she was born and raised in Memphis...BUT...she moved to MN and still continued the practice!

This information came from a New England source of opinion.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #729
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

I can not fathom what migraine sufferers suffer...when my head hurts I need to hold it up with 2 hands...and I think I have a high tolerance for pain...but not when it comes to the head...

for scraperwannabe...

I need to fly though my morning a bit...I wanted to be gone by 8 AM...here I am...

UPS coming here today but with a hard-sided guitar case for Pink Snuggles parlor guitar that she is taking with to Gettysburg next week.

Yesterday he brought this Penny Black stamp for me (it was an add-on to someone's Amazon order!) Amazon.com: Penny Black 40-098 Cling Rubber Stamp, Tom and Tilly: Arts, Crafts & Sewing I hope to play with it today!
stampingkwilter likes this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:05 AM   #730
Stazon Splitcoast

I heard that apple cider vinegar is good to keep the flu (stomach and regular) away too.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #731
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I can not fathom what migraine sufferers suffer...when my head hurts I need to hold it up with 2 hands...and I think I have a high tolerance for pain...but not when it comes to the head...

for scraperwannabe...

I need to fly though my morning a bit...I wanted to be gone by 8 AM...here I am...

UPS coming here today but with a hard-sided guitar case for Pink Snuggles parlor guitar that she is taking with to Gettysburg next week.

Yesterday he brought this Penny Black stamp for me (it was an add-on to someone's Amazon order!) Amazon.com: Penny Black 40-098 Cling Rubber Stamp, Tom and Tilly: Arts, Crafts & Sewing I hope to play with it today!
That stamp is so cute!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #732
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
His solution is becoming my "drink of choice" 3-4 times a day, but I have still had 2 migraines this week. One of them was a real WHOPPER, the worse I've had in about a year. We'll see what happens over time.
Hugs.

Headaches are the worst...
Old 06-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #733
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Morning, everyone!

So Sorry Misti, regarding the migraine. My sis gets them, she has been to ever doctor and all sorts of alternative meds. I feel so bad for all of you that struggle with them.

Have lots to do today but not sure what I am going to get started on!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #734
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamplady_13 View Post
Hello! Remember me? The house is in CHAOS! help! This FlyInfant needs help starting her baby steps again. Still trying to find the sink. Things have been so hectic in the past 2 months with dance, soccer, driving 20 min. out of the way to pick up DS 2x per week and then rush back in time to pick DD up from Girl Scouts. DH has been taking a class at SVSU which is 2 hours away twice per week. When he isn't there, he's been leaving to study as soon as I get home.

So....I'm officially on summer vacation now. I have been working my way through some paper clutter and Mt. Washmore while doing room rescues here and there. This week Miss K has summer enrichment classes at her school so I have been taking her to school at 1PM every day and then bringing DS home for a nap. My allergies are out of control so I have been napping too. Plus, it turns out I have an abscessed tooth. No wonder I'm so tired! My body is fighting an infection and allergies and worn out from crazy schedules.

Tomorrow AM the neighbor girl will be over starting at around 8am and then my niece will be dropped off around 10:30. Four kids in the AM

Plan for the first half of the day:

Dress to shoes
Eat breakfast
Have Miss K start a load of laundry (back to peeing her pants every day again)
Do Miss K's hair
unload/reload d/w
Feed kids lunch
Drop 2 kids off at school (hopefully other one will have gone home by then)
Bring DS home for nap

I will figure out the rest of the day once he's down for nap

Oh! Take Penicillin every 6 hrs!
Hi Marnie....I too just returned! Eventually all us "babies" return home. Welcome back. Sorry things are so CHAOTIC at the moment. If you are anything like I was when my kids were little one of the biggest challenges for you the next week will be remembering to take that Penicillin every 6 hours....... Hope with being back among your encouraging friends here, which a list, and the mantra of 15 minutes at a time things will become a little less chaotic for you.

Suzanne
Old 06-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #735
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Oh I didn't know the above 75 degree bit. I never have stored my honey in the fridge.....I don't use a lot of sweetener of any kind so don't use it up very fast.

Kramomma...my honey does come in a little bear, but it is local raw honey from around here. I like my little bear he smiles at me on the days I give his fat little belly a squeeze to get honey on my english muffin.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #736
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post
Morning, everyone!

So Sorry Misti, regarding the migraine. My sis gets them, she has been to ever doctor and all sorts of alternative meds. I feel so bad for all of you that struggle with them.

Have lots to do today but not sure what I am going to get started on!
What she said.....except in my case it's my daughter-in-law.....I need to put on my Grateful list the fact that I don't suffer from migraines and a headache in fact is pretty rare occurrence for me.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #737

Morning, peeps! You know, officially. Looking on pintererst for an activity for the kids.

Archer has his class today. Not sure what we'll do during. Jeff did buy the convertible yesterday. Well, technically, he sold his car so he can buy the convertible. We will pay for it this weekend.

Guess that's all I got this morning.

Gallery Blog

Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #738
Proud Fan Club Member

Today
FedEx man is here with order as we speak MFT is in da house! Woot! woot! Well notin the house because I'm not bringing irin until my list is done!
Get moving done
Kitchen routine done
Dust kitchen wood
Garden routine done
Laundry load a day started
Skipping floors as with cooking prep starting they will need to be done again.
Mini mission done
Dust dressers done
Old 06-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #739
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Morning, peeps! You know, officially. Looking on pintererst for an activity for the kids.

Archer has his class today. Not sure what we'll do during. Jeff did buy the convertible yesterday. Well, technically, he sold his car so he can buy the convertible. We will pay for it this weekend.

Guess that's all I got this morning.
Glad he got the convertible! You will have to get someone to watch the kids now so the two of you can go cruising!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #740
Stazon Splitcoast

And my table is FINALLY in at the store! Brent will pick it up before work and, hopefully, he will have it put together tomorrow!

Now I want to finish cleaning my kitchen so it is nice a pretty for my table tomorrow.
stampingkwilter likes this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #741
Proud Fan Club Member

Misti, what is the "drink of choice"?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #742
Proud Fan Club Member

We have local apiaries thet use the little honey bears as well. My dad used to keep bees so his fruit trees would be sure to get pollinated. Then the local apiary started keeping them for him. They really are a lot of work, but if you have a good place for a hive or 2 it would be worth a call to a local bee farm they alway like to have new places for hives. And it's really good for your pants and the environment.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #743
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Here is some of what I learned about chronic headaches (including migraines)...they are blamed on eyes, stomach, kidneys, liver and the sinuses.

(Interesting...migraines are inherited occurring in people having considerable energy and good intelligence!!!! They are also sensitive, sympathetic, fussy, demanding, aggressive, and ambitious....Quite the person I thought!)

What I understand from the reading is that the person is acid deficient in their body, to increase acid you take Apple Cider Vinegar (1 teaspoon to a glass of water)...also...

Take 2 teaspoons of honey at mealtime to prevent an attack. If the migraine has already begun take 1 tablespoon of honey, if after 30 minutes it has not begun to lessen take another tablespoon of honey.

There is also a vaporizing method using apple cider vinegar that they claim will allow you to stop taking headache tablets. This book is from 1958 (the year I was born!)...

I found it also interesting that it says it is unusual for someone older than 60 years of age to have migraines...so...maybe there is hope for you headache sufferers as you age! Of course our society and food intake has become so modified that it is difficult to eat as they did in 1958...

***Disclaimer*** I am not a medical person...do not take this as medical advice...but I have started using local honey and Mrs. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother for some physical issues and am finding both to be helping me...as well as changing using less and less prepackaged foods...I'm not to the point of making crackers but I'm getting closer...

I"m intelligent! And I LOVE honey!

This warranted more than a like...but I'm gonna go back & like, too!

So glad you shared this! Cuz I was chomping @ the bit after reading your post...your teaser...that you had migraine info coming!

OK. I need that book.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
pcousins13 likes this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #744
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
STRAWBERRY MARGARITA!

no.

my guess is "Mrs. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar" for all that ails you.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
ashjoy and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #745
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
STRAWBERRY MARGARITA!

no.

They usually give me the spins followed by a headache.....
mollymoo951 and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #746
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
STRAWBERRY MARGARITA!

no.

I vote for the Strawberry Margarita!

Suzanne
mollymoo951 and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #747
Gallery Gazer

What to do today before cards at 5:30????

I guess I will once again lean my kitchen....how can one person get it so messy so quick???? And then my main focus will be the craft room so I can craft in peace rather than in the midst of chaos and clutter. I am such a messy person Probably for the best that I live alone.

Suzanne
Old 06-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #748
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
They usually give me the spins followed by a headache.....
(after the margarita) chase it away with Mrs. Braggs.

The A-Team.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #749
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingkwilter View Post
What to do today before cards at 5:30????

I guess I will once again lean my kitchen....how can one person get it so messy so quick???? And then my main focus will be the craft room so I can craft in peace rather than in the midst of chaos and clutter. I am such a messy person Probably for the best that I live alone.

Suzanne
I was telling my 11 year old and his friend about how messy my kids were...and his friend said he was messy too. I then said that they should move into a house together...then his mom and me would have nice clean houses. Jarod did not miss a beat...he said...YOU! Have a clean house?? Mom! Have you SEEN your craft room?? LOL!!!
stampingkwilter and ashjoy like this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #750
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
I was telling my 11 year old and his friend about how messy my kids were...and his friend said he was messy too. I then said that they should move into a house together...then his mom and me would have nice clean houses. Jarod did not miss a beat...he said...YOU! Have a clean house?? Mom! Have you SEEN your craft room?? LOL!!!
Our kids can be so mean, can't they? LOL! Mine always has some smooth comeback!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #751
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post
Our kids can be so mean, can't they? LOL! Mine always has some smooth comeback!
They do, don't they!?!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #752
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
2 TBS of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. I don't put any sweetener in it. I drink a gallon of water a day, but I only drink 3-4 glasses with the apple cider vinegar in it a day.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #753
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to edith199 Send a message via Yahoo to edith199

checking in...

thanks kramomma for the honey & migraine info...

Misti, ((hugs)) re your migraines this week

yay for new tables... and play time.... and incentive(s) to clean

it rained hard all night so the girls didn't go to work today... it will be a slow day around here

that said, I still have a list that I will tackle:
return library books
check Sears for toaster
had an idea during the night for my paper - that will help as I try to finish it today

once my paper is done, then:
clean up study table
make cards

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 06-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #754
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

TDD:

Get cards ready to mail out
paperbackswap books packaged
Idea for swap

ashjoy likes this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #755

TDD:
Fold and put away clothes
Unload/reload dishwasher
Pick up in the dining area

Gallery Blog

Old 06-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #756
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Fav. Amelia Bedelia line...

"Dust the furniture? That's strange, in my house we undust the furniture."

edith199, mrslaird, mollymoo951 and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #757
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
Out of the mouths of babes.......... They don;t let us get away with anything!
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #758
Gallery Gazer

Kitchen cleaned yet again...except I need to empty dishwasher once it finishes the dry cycle.....Also I worked about a half an hour in craft room and worked a little more on my stamp inventory book. I really need to get rid of some of my stamps I have way too many to ever use and I'm going to Stampfest next weekend so know there will be at least one or two new ones that somehow follow me home......
Old 06-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #759

I'm mojo-less. :/ trying to make a card and I don't have any oomph at all.

Gallery Blog

Old 06-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #760
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh no Paula, I hate when that happens.

Apple cider vinegar seems to be the treatment for a lot of things, even fleas on dogs. Ill add that to my list of things to never run out of. Although I prefer my vinegar on French fries.

So I caved and did my floors, I can't stand messy looking floors, and with hardwood its always dusty. Now I can play with the new stamp stuff in the house! I've been cutting a few MFT and PTI dies before I forward them on to Canada. I'm thinking I might need the chevron plates from PTI.

I also sprayed around the outside of the house to keep the ants out. Someone mentioned ants and I get all grossed out so make sure to take bug precautions.

Last edited by ashjoy; 06-20-2013 at 11:00 AM..
Closed Thread