Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree640Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #1641
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
So here's the list for today
1. up
2. dressed
3. fed
4. meds
5. run to auto parts store for oil for dd2's oil change dsil is to do today

6. clean off kitchen counters (they seem to be where everyone drops everything)
7. clean bathrooms (more like S&S)
8. pick up/spruce up the living room
9. go through my teaching bags (yes I know that sounds funny but I have 1 for each topic/subject so I can just grab that bag and know it has all I need in it, books etc)
10. put them back on the shelves with tags on them so I remember which one is for what
11. get the new things for my basic computer class all put in order.
12. gather some already designated yard sale things & put on the car port for a central holding area
13. change sheets on 2 beds. DD2 will have to go to a smaller bed while ds & gf will have to take dd2's bed so both need to be changed & washed.
14. try to figure out some kind of schedule (ds could not have come at a worse time for our house. dh has to work Mon night so will need to sleep & I have to work Tues 12 - 10p so I won't get to have dinner with them or say good bye. dd2 has to work Mon 3-11 and dsil works Mon 6-6p so no one will be here really. We thought he was coming next weekend and everyone would be home then. Oh well.

I guess that's my list for the most of the day.
I decided not to take the yard sale things to the car port right now since ds's gf will be coming with him. AND it turns out I'm off Tuesday after all but dh has a mandatory training 9-12 after working 6-6a so he will be of no use either day. ARG. I've been trying to get in touch with ds to see if he'll do our tree Mon evening & Tuesday and do the other person's tree on Monday am that way we will have more continuous time with him AND maybe my dad can come for lunch or something Tuesday. We'll have to see how that works out. So it looks likes maybe I've gotten another 2 things off my list.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #1642
Stazon Splitcoast

I also wound up cleaning my outdoor chairs today as well so maybe that makes up for 1 of those things I took off. LOL

Queen - I also forgot to tell you that I think you cabin sounds just wonderful. A place to go that, once you get it as clean as you'd like, you can just relax and enjoy some quite time.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #1643
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Queen - I'm not sure who the newest member of the group is but I'm a newby too (I've only been on here since Jan or so).

I'm not sure who the oldest "current" poster is...but I know I've been here for 8 years...with a few weeks off now and then for bad behavior...

I still need help...encouragement...and...I still seem to be a SHE...

If you haven't checked out Flylady.net do that and you will see where some of us began...uhm...people say I have a clean house...I do not...but my house is mostly decluttered...thus is looks clean...

There is lots more that I could rid from here yet...what I have learned along the way is I do not need to buy more because it is not going to change me...so I seldom shop anymore...and I seldom need to declutter anymore.

All that said as my husband is going to buy me more canning jars today! Ha...if you saw my storage room you wouldn't think I need anymore...but a joy for me is canning and giving away the food in jars that I will probably never get back...thus...he's buying some while he is in the metro and they are on sale through today!

NOW...back to the next DTGD challenge...I have an idea...just need to get it on paper!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #1644
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Am........stamping........challenges...........

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #1645
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
Am........stamping........challenges...........

krapoppa is coming home soon and shutting down the internet...UHM...this can't be happening...

Really?

Yep...it won't take long...

Well...Red Bear printed off the challenges for me...I have 1/2 finished...

I'll can peaches while the internet doesn't work...

Wonder what Pink Snuggles is making for supper tonight...I'm thinking it is going to be eggs cause there isn't any meat thawing!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #1646
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
krapoppa is coming home soon and shutting down the internet...UHM...this can't be happening...

Really?

Yep...it won't take long...

Well...Red Bear printed off the challenges for me...I have 1/2 finished...

I'll can peaches while the internet doesn't work...

Wonder what Pink Snuggles is making for supper tonight...I'm thinking it is going to be eggs cause there isn't any meat thawing!
Urg. Or she forgot.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #1647
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Chicken Kiev and baked potatoes are for supper...baked potato for me...ick on the chicken kiev...

Finished 4 cards...now going to start peaches as krapoppa is ready to start "fixing" the computer issues...

If you don't hear from me for a bit...well...the library isn't open tomorrow...uhm...surely he won't break the computers?

Waving to all the DTGD stampers...my hands are quite dirty...and I smudged an image and said...too bad...happens when you reink your pads!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #1648
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm not sure who the oldest "current" poster is...but I know I've been here for 8 years...with a few weeks off now and then for bad behavior...

I still need help...encouragement...and...I still seem to be a SHE...

If you haven't checked out Flylady.net do that and you will see where some of us began...uhm...people say I have a clean house...I do not...but my house is mostly decluttered...thus is looks clean...

There is lots more that I could rid from here yet...what I have learned along the way is I do not need to buy more because it is not going to change me...so I seldom shop anymore...and I seldom need to declutter anymore.

All that said as my husband is going to buy me more canning jars today! Ha...if you saw my storage room you wouldn't think I need anymore...but a joy for me is canning and giving away the food in jars that I will probably never get back...thus...he's buying some while he is in the metro and they are on sale through today!

NOW...back to the next DTGD challenge...I have an idea...just need to get it on paper!
You ladies who have been on here for ever are just awesome and are an inspiration to the rest of us. One day I will have my house all decluttered and feel better in it but in the meantime I'm whittling away at it one item at a time. Right now I have 20 larger things and a large bin full of clothes and 2-3 boxes of other things to go to the yard sale plus 2 boxes of books. Oh yeah, and a box 1/2 of stamps. Except for the stamping things what doesn't sell will be going to good will or salvation army and not back to my house. The stamping stuff may go on SCS or ebay for sale. I am going to feel pretty good come next weekend.

I still have 6 primary areas in and around my house (2 rooms outside, the back porch, the attic, my craft room & dh's room) that I really need to work hard on but those will come some day. In the meantime I'll do a bit each day and be happy for it.

I appreciate the encouragement I get from this thread.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #1649
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I just finished my last of the challenges for the day, but may revisit a few. I didn't like how my snowman card turned out. So may try again. Besides it's early and dh is out mowing and I have nothing better to do.

Donna, every little step is a step in the right direction. Decluttering is easy for me because I do not like to have to clean around stuff so I don't have much stuff to clean around. I'm trying to train my daughter in the same methods, but she has enough clothes she just has to part with. Once there is no room for one person in a walk in closet you have way more then you need. Her next week off she will be getting a lesson is decluttering.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #1650
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Donna...I've been here for years and I did baby steps for a long, long time! It did keep me going though and not giving up...and small progress was made each year. But it wasn't until both kids moved out and my SIL helped me declutter a final time til I had my house nice! And now it just means simple upkeep....but it was a long time in coming! And the friendships here as well as the encouragement for the smallest progress or on days where you just had no progress is priceless!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 07-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #1651
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
I just finished my last of the challenges for the day, but may revisit a few. I didn't like how my snowman card turned out. So may try again. Besides it's early and dh is out mowing and I have nothing better to do.

Donna, every little step is a step in the right direction. Decluttering is easy for me because I do not like to have to clean around stuff so I don't have much stuff to clean around. I'm trying to train my daughter in the same methods, but she has enough clothes she just has to part with. Once there is no room for one person in a walk in closet you have way more then you need. Her next week off she will be getting a lesson is decluttering.
I agree with the 1 person = too many clothes idea but I don't really have problems with clothes. DH & I share a large closet with 2 rods (they are about 10' long and one on top of the other). He has 3/4 of the space. I have a dresser and a few shelves in the closet. I'm down to just a few pair of shoes but I really do need a few more clothes (some new tops and a couple of new sweaters to go with the tops AND a new pair of tennis shoes).

I'm working a bit each day or even as I walk past something that needs to go away. I keep a good will bin at all times. Many of the things that drive me crazy are dh's things he needs to go through. Maybe one day I'll get him on board. I used to say I was going to take 1 room a month and do what needs to be done in it but life seems to keep getting in the way. That doesn't mean I'm going to give up, it just means I'm going to be taking it a bit at a time.

Thanks for your support and encouragement - I know I can do this and I will be to your point one day.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #1652
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Donna...I've been here for years and I did baby steps for a long, long time! It did keep me going though and not giving up...and small progress was made each year. But it wasn't until both kids moved out and my SIL helped me declutter a final time til I had my house nice! And now it just means simple upkeep....but it was a long time in coming! And the friendships here as well as the encouragement for the smallest progress or on days where you just had no progress is priceless!!!
Lee - My kids seem to keep moving in and out (2 of them any way). When that happens the accomplishments I've made are set back again. I think I'm down to just the 1 now and I think she is finally seeing the stress this is all causing me and has asked to help. Today she even asked me to make a list of the things I want to do to the house and she and I would start knocking some of them out.

I know it sounds like a copout but I also have to work around dh's schedule. He sleeps quite a bit and my craft room is beside/sharing walls with our bedroom as are some of the other things that need to be touched up/de cluttered. If he works nights he sleeps until 3ish pm and leaves at 5:30. Then he's home at 6:30am and to bed. If he works days then he's up at 4:45 am and gets home at 6:30pm, eats dinner then bed by 9pm. So not much time to do anything at all especially if it is something that requires help.

I agree with you that the friendships are wonderful and the encouragement for even my smallest efforts is priceless.

Thanks ladies
Old 07-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #1653
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I have the sheets for 1 room washed and the other in the washer. I've S&S the kitchen & bathrooms and have installed a new toilet seat as well. Now it's time to make a bed and move the set of sheets into the dryer. I think except for the bags and paperwork I've just about got it done for the day.

DH decided he wanted pancakes (pecan with strawberry toppings and coolwhip on top) with bacon for dinner. Not waist friendly but good all the same.

Talk with you folks later
Old 07-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #1654
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via MSN to edith199 Send a message via Yahoo to edith199

baby steps is totally where it's at... I love FlyLady's caution about not trying to tackle too much because then we get overwhelmed. But babysteps... that's doable. and eventually... we get to toddlerhood

ok. I spent the morning tidying the kitchen; putting things where they belonged; there is a small pile of paper that was moved to my room but for the most part... Renewed my phone contract (and got a new phone).... managed a nap (Misti, I just can not survive the day on 5 hours ) ... and now... well, DS2 has invited a group of friends over for a BBQ and they are starting to arrive. I've sequestered myself downstairs... I think I am finally getting a few minutes to check out the DTGD challenges

~~ today. . . ~~

Last edited by edith199; 07-27-2013 at 03:09 PM..
Old 07-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #1655
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

krapoppa hasn't started on the computer shut down yet so...maybe it won't happen to day...

But it could cause I'm elbow deep in peaches...first canner is boiling...need to start the next batch...have 3 batches for tonight...may just can 2 and freeze one...

Probably won't get the other 2 cards made tonight...I'm fading quickly and I have lots to do yet...

Edith199...DS2 or DD2?
Old 07-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #1656
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

We are headed home!!! I told Kevin I was going to take a nap on the way home but I'm not tired now!

Hopefully, I'll have some energy to make a card or two when we get home.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #1657
Watercolor Wizard

oh Misti, that's the worst.... I hope you do find energy to have a little stamping time when you get home

kramomma, this is DS2. C&C wanted to host some of their friends and have a BBQ just as a way of showing their appreciation for the friendships. They are wonderful families that have embraced C&C and B... so we have 8 adults and 10 children, all preschoolers and babies It's wonderful to hear all the little voices I am SO not ready for this as a grandma as I have forgotten how much energy can be packed into such little bodies But. It is all good. and I am grateful to be able to provide the place for them to gather!!

and. one DTGD card down; 5 more to go

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 07-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #1658
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
We are headed home!!! I told Kevin I was going to take a nap on the way home but I'm not tired now!

Hopefully, I'll have some energy to make a card or two when we get home.
You have 6 to do tonite!

Stamp TV!
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #1659
Proud Fan Club Member

I just finished up a set of swap cards tonight, so in total I've made 12 cards today. But 6 are the same, but I can count them as a challenge.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #1660
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Donna....not a cop out at all!!! We all have to work around family and schedules and that is very valid! We just moved DD's stuff back here temporarily since she graduated college. She'll be moving into our rental house Sept 1 and for now she is staying with friends....so we just have that one room plus a bit of overflow that's crazy right now! LOL

I have health issues that I have to work around...plus the times I feel good I have a lot of stampy deadlines or DT work or Moddy work...so there are times when I don't get the basic tidying done. I just still have to remember I can do little things and it will help.

I'm so glad you found us!!! I have enjoyed wonderful friendships here that have seen me thru some MAJOR stressful times!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #1661
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Wow Joyce!!! You are on a roll!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #1662
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
You have 6 to do tonite!
Thanks!

Old 07-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #1663
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Quote:
Thanks!

Stamp TV!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #1664
Proud Fan Club Member

Yup, we all need to work around life. It's just the way it is. We are looking at houses online, and I said I would prefer 1 floor in case I have another stroke. Dh was not happy with that comment, but the fact of the matter is the chance of having another one is very much increased even though I have made major lifestyle changes. So learning to work around things, and because of things is just life.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #1665
Proud Fan Club Member

Misti, so you will be home much earlier then you had thought? I think you will breeze through these with all the pre work you have done. Will you be able to spend some time tomorrow stamping?
Old 07-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #1666
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Misti, so you will be home much earlier then you had thought? I think you will breeze through these with all the pre work you have done. Will you be able to spend some time tomorrow stamping?
We've got another hour before we get home. I've been thinking of ideas for several of them. I'd like to get 3 accomplished today. I'll be home earlier tomorrow.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #1667
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Second batch of peaches are in canner...one more batch to go...

Sitting with my feet up for a few minutes...then will start again...

Scraperwannabe...I thought 5 of the 6 weren't going to be difficult...but one...well...let's just say I didn't start with #1!

Since those three started with "S"...I'll say....

So long for now... (See I have to entertain the newbies! )
Old 07-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #1668
Watercolor Wizard

ha... yeah. I thought I had #1 done and then... oops.. it isn't. starting over on that one

the house is quieting... it looks like they've decided to take the kids and go to the playground Dishes have been washed... kitchen is mostly cleaned... but ick to stickly floors & doorknobs

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 07-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #1669
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

Scraperwannabe...I thought 5 of the 6 weren't going to be difficult...but one...well...let's just say I didn't start with #1!
#1, I already have that image ready. I did it while I was waiting on score cards to be tallied & turned in.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #1670
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
#1, I already have that image ready. I did it while I was waiting on score cards to be tallied & turned in.
that's a good place to start!!!

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 07-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #1671
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edith199 View Post
that's a good place to start!!!

Old 07-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #1672
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Hey y'all! I got 4 cards made and another started. Load of laundry washed and line dried. Decluttered 5 target size bags of stuff from the boys' room. Hoping to make some muffins for in the morning, but we'll see how long bedtime takes.

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #1673
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

And, let's see, I've been here at least 7 years, but have had 3 tiny tornadoes the last 6 of those so my house progress has been S-L-O-W.

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #1674
Stazon Splitcoast

So here's the list for today
1. up
2. dressed
3. fed
4. meds
5. run to auto parts store for oil for dd2's oil change dsil is to do today
6. clean off kitchen counters (they seem to be where everyone drops everything)
7. clean bathrooms (more like S&S)
8. pick up/spruce up the living room
9. go through my teaching bags (yes I know that sounds funny but I have 1 for each topic/subject so I can just grab that bag and know it has all I need in it, books etc)
10. put them back on the shelves with tags on them so I remember which one is for what

11. get the new things for my basic computer class all put in order.
12. gather some already designated yard sale things & put on the car port for a central holding area - this will now get done tomorrow since no company coming
13. change sheets on 2 beds. DD2 will have to go to a smaller bed while ds & gf will have to take dd2's bed so both need to be changed & washed.
14. try to figure out some kind of schedule (ds could not have come at a worse time for our house. dh has to work Mon night so will need to sleep & I have to work Tues 12 - 10p so I won't get to have dinner with them or say good bye. dd2 has to work Mon 3-11 and dsil works Mon 6-6p so no one will be here really. We thought he was coming next weekend and everyone would be home then. Oh well. - Son called & isn't going to be able to come so this is a wipe off
15. cleaned lawn chairs
16. ran a couple more errands
17. measured room for shelves to go up tomorrow

I guess that's my list for the most of the day.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #1675
Stazon Splitcoast

No cards or crafting of any kind for me this weekend or any time lately. It seems I've lost my mojo. Between the accreditation stuff, being sick, daddy's surgery, and so many other things I just haven't been able to take the time to craft. Feeling like I need to get so much done but have decided that I'm going to get those shelves hung, sort through my basic computer stuff and then I'm going to work in my craft room. I think part of the reason my mojo went away is because I don't have a clear space to do the work.

So for tomorrow's list

1.up
2.dressed
3. meds
4. breakfast
5. hang shelves
6. move yard sale things to central area
7. finish sorting basic computer things
8. work on clearing off the table in my craft room

I know there's other things I will be doing but this is my list for now.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #1676
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Sitting for 15...last canner of peaches are having their bath...then I will clean the kitchen and go to bed...other 2 cards will have to wait...

I want a foot massage and the only way to get one is to be in bed before krapoppa falls into a deep sleep! I've got my priority!

ashjoy likes this post.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #1677
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm getting ready to call it a night. It seems like its Ben a long day, but haven't done much except the kitchen routine.

We you all in the morning
Old 07-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #1678
Stazon Splitcoast

Kra - My goal for next year is to learn or re-learn how to can food. I'm afraid of pressure cookers though and what I've read some foods you cannot just od a hot water bath you have to do the pressure canner with them. I also want to make some jams and jellies. The biggest things I want to can is corn, tomatos, green beans, squash, home made tomato/spaghetti sauce, and peaches and applies for sure, those kinds of things.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #1679
Stazon Splitcoast

It's getting time for dd2 to get home so I guess I'm going to say goodnight to you all so I can spend a little time with her planning our tomorrow before she has to go to work.

Sweet dreams and rest well

Chat with you all tomorrow.

BTW for those of you doing the DTGD I wish you all grades of awsome mojo and loads of fun doing them. Maybe at some point in time I'll get busy wit hthem as well.

Last edited by imthenoni; 07-28-2013 at 04:14 AM..
Old 07-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #1680
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies.

So my list for the beginning of the day has begun. DD2 is still asleep and will be for a while this morning and dh is already off to work so it's just me and the cat. I think I'm going to work on the sorting thing while the house is quite this morning. I'll need a bit of help with some of the moving thing so it will have to wait as will the hanging thing. DD2 has to be at work at 3 so I'll have about 3 1/2 hours of alone time to work on getting the rest of the things moved and work on my craft room.

1.up
2.dressed
3. meds
4. breakfast

5. hang shelves
6. move yard sale things to central area
7. finish sorting basic computer things - done as much as I can until I have more info tomorrow
8. work on clearing off the table in my craft room

I hope you all have a very nice day today. Chat with you in a while.

Last edited by imthenoni; 07-28-2013 at 11:12 AM..
Closed Thread