Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree640Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #1081
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to edith199 Send a message via Yahoo to edith199

Donna, your DD is more gracious than I think I could be... to go back to work for the guy that just fired her? yikes...

whale watching seems like a real fun thing to have on the bucket list... we managed some of that when we were in Oregon... but it was standing on the shore looking across the water... we didn't actually pay to go watch from a boat.

have the linens sorted & in their new homes. I decided that I needed to get rid of the 5-drawer dresser that was in the basement that I was using to store linens... and consolidate guest towels, bed linens, etc. Especially since we're down to 3 beds instead of 5 I really didn't need to keep so much of everything.

next up: ask sis if she wants dresser &/or crib (it's the one my folks used for all of us kids). My youngest had it in her room for a while as a day bed - she kept all her stuffed animals on it. From there it migrated to the basement and was used for extra bedding. But now I want to declutter and make better use of the basement space. Ultimate goal is to create a sleeping area for the girls' friends whenever they come for night. Any other guests would normally get the girls' rooms, but I don't feel comfortable putting any of their guy friends in their rooms. Thus the need/desire to design an area that's comfortable for them.

~~ today. . . ~~

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #1082
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Maytag man has left...and unplugged the fridge/freezer...there is a tiny leak...sadly he can not "just" repair it...he has to completely replace it with a new compressor AGAIN!

Won't cost me anything but will cost him time and the part was $365...so...bummer on his part...

He said he's glad I called him right away...

Really is nice to deal with a small town, local guy...if I didn't have a fridge in the basement he would have brought me one the first day I called 2 weeks ago!

Positive of this experience...more stair climbing for me over the next week!!!! Thanks Hal...
mollymoo951 likes this post.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #1083
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Washer is fixed!!!

mrslaird, mollymoo951 and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #1084
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
Maytag man has left...and unplugged the fridge/freezer...there is a tiny leak...sadly he can not "just" repair it...he has to completely replace it with a new compressor AGAIN!

Won't cost me anything but will cost him time and the part was $365...so...bummer on his part...

Really is nice to deal with a small town, local guy...if I didn't have a fridge in the basement he would have brought me one the first day I called 2 weeks ago!

Positive of this experience...more stair climbing for me over the next week!!!! Thanks Hal...
Bummer....
Old 07-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #1085
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
Washer is fixed!!!
YAY!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #1086
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

While in Florida visiting my aunt and uncle in November they took me on a nature walk. We didnt see more then an otter thankfully! I came home and learned that they now have anaconda in that area! I about flipped a brick! I will NEVER do that again!

So glad all major appliances are working, or being worked on.

Edith, I never seem to have enough sheets. And they never stay stain free. And I can never find the perfect sheets.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #1087
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
While in Florida visiting my aunt and uncle in November they took me on a nature walk. We didnt see more then an otter thankfully! I came home and learned that they now have anaconda in that area! I about flipped a brick! I will NEVER do that again!

Edith, I never seem to have enough sheets. And they never stay stain free. And I can never find the perfect sheets.
ANACONDA! Yeah...I don't do snakes either.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #1088
Stazon Splitcoast

Coat one of the primer is on the top of the end table! It was too dark to do the bench...its almost dark outside and the lights in the basement are not very good. The end table has taken on a new personality already, though! Going from dark, cherry wood laminate to bright, white primer. Tomorrow morning I will prime the bottom of the table, before I get ready to go to Port aux Basques. I'm hoping the wind will be low tomorrow, too, so I can get the bench finished. Well...the painting process finished. I still need to get the material and make the cushion for the top. And spray paint the milk crates that will be used as baskets. I want to get the material first so I can pick out a color for the crates.
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #1089
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by edith199 View Post
Donna, your DD is more gracious than I think I could be... to go back to work for the guy that just fired her? yikes...

whale watching seems like a real fun thing to have on the bucket list... we managed some of that when we were in Oregon... but it was standing on the shore looking across the water... we didn't actually pay to go watch from a boat.

have the linens sorted & in their new homes. I decided that I needed to get rid of the 5-drawer dresser that was in the basement that I was using to store linens... and consolidate guest towels, bed linens, etc. Especially since we're down to 3 beds instead of 5 I really didn't need to keep so much of everything.

next up: ask sis if she wants dresser &/or crib (it's the one my folks used for all of us kids). My youngest had it in her room for a while as a day bed - she kept all her stuffed animals on it. From there it migrated to the basement and was used for extra bedding. But now I want to declutter and make better use of the basement space. Ultimate goal is to create a sleeping area for the girls' friends whenever they come for night. Any other guests would normally get the girls' rooms, but I don't feel comfortable putting any of their guy friends in their rooms. Thus the need/desire to design an area that's comfortable for them.
I'm not so sure if it was grace or desire to have money of her own that caused dd to go back to work for him. This is like the 3rd time he's done this to her. He will fire people and let them "think about what they did" then when he's in a pinch hire them back. She is still going to be looking for another job/a better job and will be talking with the WIA lady on Monday any way. We'll see how all that goes. She also has an appointment at a job fair Monday as well ref a job that is about 30 minutes away and pays $12 an hour. We are praying and crossing everything we can. LOL

How have you stored your linens? I store mine in pillow cases (one of the ones that matches the set) then put them in a decorative throw-type pillow. Towels might work that way as well. Just a thought.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #1090
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm glad you caught it too. Many years ago we had a frig that leaked stuff that we couldn't smell but it killed the finches and gerbles the kids had. After a 2nd set died we figured out what it was and the maintenance guy from the apartment complex came and fixed it. If it had continued it could have been lethal for us as well.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #1091
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Washer is fixed!!!
Yippie doodle!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #1092
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

ANACONDA!!!!! That's a really BIG snake...right!?! Not a chance in a hot spot. This girl DOES NOT DO SNAKES!!! Not at all. Can't even stand them on TV! They just freak me out.

Everyone says they are more afraid of me than I am of them. Oh how I beg to differ. I start having some respiratory distress, palpitations and lightheadness not to mention the chest pain I get. Yeah, I'm not buying that they are more afraid of me.
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #1093
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
Coat one of the primer is on the top of the end table! It was too dark to do the bench...its almost dark outside and the lights in the basement are not very good. The end table has taken on a new personality already, though! Going from dark, cherry wood laminate to bright, white primer. Tomorrow morning I will prime the bottom of the table, before I get ready to go to Port aux Basques. I'm hoping the wind will be low tomorrow, too, so I can get the bench finished. Well...the painting process finished. I still need to get the material and make the cushion for the top. And spray paint the milk crates that will be used as baskets. I want to get the material first so I can pick out a color for the crates.
Sounds like this is going to be a great project when you get it completed. Any idea what color you're hoping to get for the fabrics? Are the pieces going to stay white?
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #1094
Stazon Splitcoast

I cannot seem to decide how to do the filing. Well actually the dividing the things into categories. The wheel thing I had didn't work for the cabinet, it was for a computer, go figure so I worked some magic and made it into something that would work. Then I had to clean the cabinet out and try to make the stupid hanging wrack work in it. That has been an undertaking that nearly caused the whole thing to be slung into the yard. Now I just can't seem to decide how to divide everything out. There are 2 large (52") fan boxes and 3 standard paper boxes (ream size) of all kinds of papers. Some of it is HRD teaching, some is EMS teaching and some SU related (I think those 3 things are pretty self explanatory and can go into their own category). It's the other stuff I just can't seem to figure out how to sort...ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do not have much financial stuff in there as I keep the past taxes and current tax year in a different place/filing system. So that leaves things related to the kids, certifications, funny things I just don't want to throw away (like a news paper front page when we had a hurricane named Bonnie while Clinton was in office - Headline - "Bonnie Blows Clinton" you just can't duplicate something that funny), family related items - things related to dh's niece who has a rare disease and my niece & nephews (the quads), legal papers and I'm not even sure what else.

I know the EMS & HRD papers need to be divided by topic so I can teach from them again. The kids' things need to be divided by child and the nieces' and nephews' things by family but other than that I'm stuck.

ANY suggestions!!! Or maybe I'm just brain fried tonight but suggestions are always welcomed.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:06 AM   #1095
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Imthenoni...if you are going to keep ALL the information then just dump from one spot to the other and be done for now...you obviously are not ready for anything more...but you can get it into its new home.

What I did, which doesn't make it right, is I decided to take the bins I had of my children's things (they are adults now) and let them sort through them, keeping what was important to them and they tossed the rest. With this I had to be willing to not watch!

Also...I have them sort through the remaining items every 2 years...my thought is...I am 55 years old, do not have ANY THING from my childhood...and I am still alive...I do have a birth certificate that is in the bank vault...

I have a file that has notes from my wedding, the music from my wedding and an article about my younger brother's killing and his death notice. Will add my mother's death certificate...

Pictures if they have names written on the back are kept, if not...they have become clutter and have been tossed...I spent a day with my mother several years ago writing who is who on family pictures...if she didn't know who they were no one else was going to know either as she was the oldest living relative...

It's a process...and a process that binds a person to paper...I LOVE PAPER!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #1096
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Morning! On the way to the doctor. Please pray it works with no complications!

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:17 AM   #1097
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning plans...

w/d Pink Snuggles bedding
PS remake her bed
sink dishes away
empty dishwasher
color image
make MM302 card
9:30 AM PO
9:45 AM Harp gig
lunch
1 PM back roads to Wally
make decision on SU items
finish general list for Stamp Expo
vacuum

Supper-pizza
Old 07-19-2013, 03:40 AM   #1098
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Today's Mini Mission:

Let's go back to the other room today & spend a few minutes on a hot spot.

Last edited by Scraperwannabe; 07-19-2013 at 04:13 AM..
Old 07-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #1099
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Praying!

Old 07-19-2013, 03:46 AM   #1100
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Today's Mini Mission:

Let's go back to the other room today & spend a few minutes on a hot spit.
Lol, I prefer keeping myself off the hot spit, although I have been in some hot spots!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #1101
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
I'm not so sure if it was grace or desire to have money of her own that caused dd to go back to work for him. This is like the 3rd time he's done this to her. He will fire people and let them "think about what they did" then when he's in a pinch hire them back. She is still going to be looking for another job/a better job and will be talking with the WIA lady on Monday any way. We'll see how all that goes. She also has an appointment at a job fair Monday as well ref a job that is about 30 minutes away and pays $12 an hour. We are praying and crossing everything we can. LOL

How have you stored your linens? I store mine in pillow cases (one of the ones that matches the set) then put them in a decorative throw-type pillow. Towels might work that way as well. Just a thought.
What kind of a job is that? Sounds like a hostile work environment to me. Wether he is his own boss or not. That is just crazy!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:58 AM   #1102
Proud Fan Club Member

Poor Jeff Paula, I sure do pray for no complications. My dd wants to get her eyes done, but I'm a bit skiddish.

Today the floor man is coming for an estimate at 11.
I get Jordynn sometime this afternoon until tomorrow night.

Today
Kitchen routine, I left my sink a mess last night because the dishwasher wasn't emptied and I was tired from taking nausea meds.
Garden routine
Other room will be continue unpacking my scrap stuff from traveling.
If time permits will clean dining room.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:03 AM   #1103
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Hopefully it won't be a long sit this time...and I'm sure you are much more prepared with activities for the 3 munchkins since you've done this routine before!

Not a fun way for Jeff to spend a day off...or you either...
Old 07-19-2013, 04:13 AM   #1104
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Lol, I prefer keeping myself off the hot spit, although I have been in some hot spots!

Old 07-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #1105
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Prayers going up!

100 creations in 100 days 42/100
This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
Old 07-19-2013, 04:35 AM   #1106
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning y'all!

Last day of VBS. it's been fun but I have to admit I'm ready to move on. I will definitely volunteer again next year! It's a little thing that I can do.

Heading into town after that so y'all have a good day.

100 creations in 100 days 42/100
This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
Old 07-19-2013, 04:47 AM   #1107
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Imthenoni...if you are going to keep ALL the information then just dump from one spot to the other and be done for now...you obviously are not ready for anything more...but you can get it into its new home.

What I did, which doesn't make it right, is I decided to take the bins I had of my children's things (they are adults now) and let them sort through them, keeping what was important to them and they tossed the rest. With this I had to be willing to not watch!

Also...I have them sort through the remaining items every 2 years...my thought is...I am 55 years old, do not have ANY THING from my childhood...and I am still alive...I do have a birth certificate that is in the bank vault...

I have a file that has notes from my wedding, the music from my wedding and an article about my younger brother's killing and his death notice. Will add my mother's death certificate...

Pictures if they have names written on the back are kept, if not...they have become clutter and have been tossed...I spent a day with my mother several years ago writing who is who on family pictures...if she didn't know who they were no one else was going to know either as she was the oldest living relative...

It's a process...and a process that binds a person to paper...I LOVE PAPER!
The kids' things are more school records, shot records, legal papers...those kinds of things. So not something I think I want to toss, though they might. The 2 younger ones are a bit irresponsible with things like that and I wind up having to find these papers for them again and again. Most recently was when their father died and they needed a copy of their adoption papers so they would not be held liable for his debts.

I do, however, like the idea of letting them cull out anything other than that and have done that in the past. The problem is I used to have all that kind of stuff in a drawer and decided last fall that I was going to put it all in a more organized manner in a file cabinet.

Like you, I have little, if anything from my childhood or even adulthood until my current dh and that starts with wedding stuff which is working its way into a scrapbook- so no filing there either.

We are working on pictures and culling them out. I have to share something that I think was cool. DH's father was in the military 32 years. He finished up at the National Guard armory where he was every day. We found a load of 2x3 or so pics of military guys, we're assuming form the guard. I took them and made a collage in the scrapbook of them. They are all around a pic of fil in uniform. It looks pretty cool. We don't have many pictures we don't know who the people are but when my dad goes that will change so we (my brother and I) will be getting with him soon to go through his photo albums and mark them.
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:48 AM   #1108
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Praying this works without complications for sure.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #1109
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
What kind of a job is that? Sounds like a hostile work environment to me. Wether he is his own boss or not. That is just crazy!
You're right that it's not a great job for sure, however it is a job for now. She enjoys the customers and is a good waitress so that plays into it. Our little town has a high unemployment rate so having a job is a huge benefit. Even if it is a job like this. AND you know the old saying you can get a job when you have a job so that is the hope. Her training is somewhat limiting. Her CNA cert expired because her last employer did not get the paperwork turned in so she's having to challenge the state exam. She's studying for that now. Add to that she has made some very unwise choices in the last few years which work against her as well. We are working on all those things at one time.

My hope is she'll be able to go back to school and get a degree or at least a certificate in something that she can find a job in that will make her happy and then be able to quit this goofball's place.
mollymoo951 and ashjoy like this post.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #1110
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Today's Mini Mission:

Let's go back to the other room today & spend a few minutes on a hot spot.

no...I'm not gonna say a thing. but oh!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:55 AM   #1111
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:

You, too.

hahaha...

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:59 AM   #1112
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning everyone.

I think last night/this morning I was tired and headachy so I wasn't looking at the filing the way I should. I was actually getting overwhelmed by it all. So I just put it aside. Now with a fresh set of eyes (or maybe not), a bit of sleep but still a headache, and some input form Kramamma I think I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to sort the papers into larger groups - HRD, EMS, SU, Kids, Legal, Household, etc and just file everything from that large group in 1 section. At a later time I can fine-tune it.
pcousins13 likes this post.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #1113
Stazon Splitcoast

So today I'm going to

up
dressed (maybe, maybe not for a while)
take morning meds
eat breakfast
drink plenty of fluids

put the leaf in my dinning room table and sort all those papers by category
make divider folders for the categories
put the papers in those dividers
toss the boxes
move the file cabinet back into its place
and be done with it for now

I also need to
wash a couple of loads of clothes
make a list of chores for dd2 to work off her room and board (got a couple on my mind already - rake leaves from mailbox area and make it look clean, clean windows, put her things in the attic just to start with)

Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #1114
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Home for a few minutes. We have to go back at 11 for them to check something, then again tomorrow morning. That's just fine as long as it works.

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #1115
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Home for a few minutes. We have to go back at 11 for them to check something, then again tomorrow morning. That's just fine as long as it works.
(((HUGS)))

Old 07-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #1116
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Fingers crossed and prayers to boot
Old 07-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #1117
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
So today I'm going to

up
dressed (maybe, maybe not for a while)
take morning meds
eat breakfast

drink plenty of fluids

put the leaf in my dinning room table and sort all those papers by category
make divider folders for the categories

put the papers in those dividers
toss the boxes
move the file cabinet back into its place
and be done with it for now

I also need to
wash a couple of loads of clothes
make a list of chores for dd2 to work off her room and board (got a couple on my mind already - rake leaves from mailbox area and make it look clean, clean windows, put her things in the attic just to start with)

Hope everyone has a great day today.
I found that 1 of the boxes was already set aside for scrapping so I'm just adding scrap stuff to it. I have gotten 2 boxes gone through now on to the 1st of the big boxes. This is moving quicker than I'd thought. I like the big divide then smaller later. It's working for me right now.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #1118
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Praying all works out.....
Suzanne
Old 07-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #1119
Stazon Splitcoast

Hugs, Paula. Hope everything works out this time.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #1120
Gallery Gazer

It's been a long two days of non-stop activity including teaching and directing/leading a group. Today I am laying low at the house. The cold is slowly getting better, but I want to give it some quiet time to assist its departure. That doesn't mean I can't get a few things done. so I will be.....
  1. Working on reading newspapers that have accumulated over past three days and then get them into recycling
  2. Work on decluttering magazines that have been hanging around too long.
  3. Sew up sides of tote bag I knit, line it and figure out how to attach handles.
  4. Make bed
  5. Empty dishwasher
  6. Eat healthy meals (when going non stop I tend to eat junk food meals )
So here I go.

Suzanne
Closed Thread