Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #2721
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
Fabulous news!!!

Now, we just need to hear that the phone was located & the perp caught!
Did they fix your leak? You need good news, too!

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #2722
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
He didn't come back to let us know anything, but right now the internet is working at a fast speed. I'll be letting them know if it goes out again, though!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #2723
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Fabulous news!!!

Now, we just need to hear that the phone was located & the perp caught!

Paula - so glad y'all don't have the flu!

Misti - is your internet fixed or does it still "leak"?

The perp had not turned on the cell phone since last report. Yet.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #2724
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
That's what I was thinking!

(off to see if her internet still "leaks")

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #2725
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
He didn't come back to let us know anything, but right now the internet is working at a fast speed. I'll be letting them know if it goes out again, though!

That's great!

Hope he fixed it!

The A-Team.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #2726
Stazon Splitcoast

The kids are asleep...I'm having a snack...then I gotta pick out my clothes for tomorrow and do my nightly routine...then its beddy bye's for me!

I hope to hear good news on the iPhone tomorrow!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #2727
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Had homemade chicken noodle soup for supper. Jeff is giving the kids a bath. I caught up on Organized Crafter PDFs, now I have to do the homework.jeff played Qwirkle, a new game Archer got for his birthday, with both boys and they actually played the whole game!

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #2728
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
(((hugs))) Part of me doesn't know what to say! I wish I could say I can't imagine your pain and sorrow. I know the absolute joy and love you felt for Buddy. I know you rejoiced with each milestone and I'm sure fretted with each surgery. I'm so sorry for all the suffering he and his parents had to go through but I know their and your lives are richer for having known him.
Cher, Janeeenk, Melissa, Angie, Paula ~ Thank you for your kind words. You are right it was difficult to loose our little guy but he was so much of a blessing and fortunately I was able to spend almost every day with him. As the song goes "don't cry for me Argentina" He would have been 6 this year and there are times when it still on the surface but most of the time, especially, dd1 and I can laugh and talk about him with no issues. We shared so much of his life together - even more than she and his dad or any of the rest of the family did. I was there for his first breath in the deliver room and started CPR with his last (thank GOD for the career I chose or He chose for me).

I have to tell you a little story that helped me get through the entire ordeal, I think - true. At 7 days old we were told that if his kidney (he only had 1) didn't start to work there was nothing they could do for him. I went home that night and GOD and I had a little talk. I told him that I understood that He was in charge and knew the plan he had and that I would accept his will. I may not like it but I would accept it, as humans we are a selfish bread. I also told him that if He meant for Buddy to be here I needed a sign and if it was not His will for him to be here I needed a sign so I could help my dd1 & dsil with it all. The next morning I drove the 1/5 hours to the hospital and the back to Buddy's room and the urologist was standing beside his bed and told us that he believed Buddy had a blockage in his kidney and he could fix that. I took that as a sign from GOD that Buddy would be here for a while. My heart was lifted and I knew that all would be well. AND it was. He survived so many things that the doctors, etc didn't think he would.

So am I sad that he is no longer here - yes but am I glad that we had him for the time we did - ABSOLUTELY!!! Would we change anything that we went through - ask my dd1 and she would agree - ABSOLUTELY NOT except that he would still be here (refer back to the we thought we'd have him for much longer than we did).

Sorry for the long post but just felt you needed to hear/read how wonderful it really was more times than the bad times.

The picture is of his younger sister at her first stamping workshop when she was about 3 months old. She is now 3.

Last edited by imthenoni; 01-28-2013 at 07:20 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #2729
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good morning y'all!

Another bad nights sleep. Woke up at 4 was awake until 6 finally fell back to sleep. What the heck is wrong with me???

I know that while I was awake i was fretting about dfil. He has been having chest pains. He had quadruple bypass 20 years ago. He is going in on Wednesday for an angioplasty to check things out. He is very fearful that they may have to do another bypass as he can't get stints.

I think his pains have been going on for a while as he had dh sign a lot of papers earlier this month regarding power of attorney, deeds to house and cars....medical power of attorney. I think he is really fretting but won't say so. He emailed all this info to all his kids on Saturday and then called dh on Sunday.
Praying all things go well for him. Remember things have improved so much in the last 20 years. And it is a very good thing that he is getting things in order before hand so that everyone knows what his wishes are.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #2730
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Just a quick drop/plop & run - I'm like the white rabbit "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date. No time to say hello, good-bye. I'm late, I'm late, I'm late"

Up and dressed - check
breakfast - check
made bed - check
college for 10am meeting (lasted until 1:30) - check
lunch - NO CHECK unless you count the mint and individual reece's cup
2pm scope of practice and paperwork - check
called lady about beach thing - check but have to add it back she was not available - called her back tonight and have to call for more information for her and call her back tomorrow - ARG!

Left to do
deciding on my lupper (lunch & supper combined) - spaghetti was the meal fo the night
class at 5 - done
wash a load of clothes - done
work on a couple of things for the accreditation for tomorrow - stupid computer didn't want to work right so I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow - ARG!
finish up paperwork for class to turn in tomorrow - done
feed the cat - done
shower - done
bed - getting ready to head there

Hope everyone is having a great day - talk with you later
Hi ladies - finally got home and the stupid internet didn't want to work right so I spent over an hour trying to figure that out. While doing that I got a load of clothes washed and dishes from dinner washed as well.

With it being as late as it is now, I'm bushed. I'll finish the clothes tomorrow - thank goodness the dryer has a wrinkle setting!

Hope you've all had a great day today - mind was eventful, busy and I got quite a bit accomplished. Now it's off to bed.

Chat with you all tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #2731
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Cher, Janeeenk, Melissa, Angie, Paula ~ Thank you for your kind words. You are right it was difficult to loose our little guy but he was so much of a blessing and fortunately I was able to spend almost every day with him. As the song goes "don't cry for me Argentina" He would have been 6 this year and there are times when it still on the surface but most of the time, especially, dd1 and I can laugh and talk about him with no issues. We shared so much of his life together - even more than she and his dad or any of the rest of the family did. I was there for his first breath in the deliver room and started CPR with his last (thank GOD for the career I chose or He chose for me).

I have to tell you a little story that helped me get through the entire ordeal, I think - true. At 7 days old we were told that if his kidney (he only had 1) didn't start to work there was nothing they could do for him. I went home that night and GOD and I had a little talk. I told him that I understood that He was in charge and knew the plan he had and that I would accept his will. I may not like it but I would accept it, as humans we are a selfish bread. I also told him that if He meant for Buddy to be here I needed a sign and if it was not His will for him to be here I needed a sign so I could help my dd1 & dsil with it all. The next morning I drove the 1/5 hours to the hospital and the back to Buddy's room and the urologist was standing beside his bed and told us that he believed Buddy had a blockage in his kidney and he could fix that. I took that as a sign from GOD that Buddy would be here for a while. My heart was lifted and I knew that all would be well. AND it was. He survived so many things that the doctors, etc didn't think he would.

So am I sad that he is no longer here - yes but am I glad that we had him for the time we did - ABSOLUTELY!!! Would we change anything that we went through - ask my dd1 and she would agree - ABSOLUTELY NOT except that he would still be here (refer back to the we thought we'd have him for much longer than we did).

Sorry for the long post but just felt you needed to hear/read how wonderful it really was more times than the bad times.

The picture is of his younger sister at her first stamping workshop when she was about 3 months old. She is now 3.
thanks for sharing. hugs

my SCS gallery
As long as you are capable of anger there are lessons to be learned
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #2732
Proud Fan Club Member

good night. it's bed time. elevenish!

my SCS gallery
Old 01-29-2013, 02:56 AM   #2733
ALWAYS has a P L A N

rise & shine. tis a GREAT new day.

it's tooosday...i mean...tuesday, january 29, 2013.

What's ya plan for today?

The A-Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #2734
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

thank you for sharing.

The A-Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:58 AM   #2735
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Good morning y'all!

Another bad nights sleep. Woke up at 4 was awake until 6 finally fell back to sleep. What the heck is wrong with me???

I know that while I was awake i was fretting about dfil. He has been having chest pains. He had quadruple bypass 20 years ago. He is going in on Wednesday for an angioplasty to check things out. He is very fearful that they may have to do another bypass as he can't get stints.

I think his pains have been going on for a while as he had dh sign a lot of papers earlier this month regarding power of attorney, deeds to house and cars....medical power of attorney. I think he is really fretting but won't say so. He emailed all this info to all his kids on Saturday and then called dh on Sunday.
oh Cher. (((hugs)))

The A-Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:00 AM   #2736
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
good night. it's bed time. elevenish!
bedtime is nine-ish.

eleven-ish is a good bedtime, too. but not for me on a regular basis.

The A-Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:00 AM   #2737
ALWAYS has a P L A N

iPhone update - has not been turned on. Yet. Still parked at the 12:14 PM location. Grey dot.

The A-Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:19 AM   #2738
Gallery Gazer

Good morning.

List
~~~
Morning routine
*up & dress
*wash face,apply moisturizer,brush teeth
*make bed
*feed & water cat
*empty dishwasher
*breakfast & vitamin
*what's for dinner? crockpot porkchops
*swish & swipe

Daily routine
*64oz H2O 16
*laundry w/d/p
*empty dehum
*lunch
*reload dishwasher
*20,000 steps

Weekly routine
*cobweb sweep-down
*dust lr,dr,kit,mbr,bath1,bath2,cr,sr,gbr1,gbr2,entry
*trash
*wipe stairs
*sweep dr,kit,mbr,cr,sr,gbr1,gbr2,porch,entry
*mop kit,bath1,bath2
*vacuum lr,under stairs,porch rug
*menu & groc. list
*groc. shop

ToDo
*clothes pile in bedroom
*finish packing up decorations
*decorations to attic

Craftroom
*do one LO
*crochet 5 hexagons
*15 min clear table
*pic for PL printed

Evening routine
*feed cat
*make dinner
*run dishwasher
*wipe counters & stove top
*clean sink
*lay out clothes
*wash face & brush teeth
*15 min. yoga
Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 AM   #2739
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
rise & shine. tis a GREAT new day.

it's tooosday...i mean...tuesday, january 29, 2013.

What's ya plan for today?
Well, I was going to take the ladies to the funeral but right now, it is glare ice over everything

my SCS gallery
Old 01-29-2013, 04:39 AM   #2740
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Quote:

Thanks for all the wonderful information you have been sharing with us.

It's so true isn't it, sometimes when we are going through the difficult times we wonder, "why" but when we have some distance we can look back and say we wouldn't change it because the situation "changed" us for having gone through it.

Sweet avatar!!

You have moved me two mornings in a row!!! (((hugs)))
Old 01-29-2013, 04:40 AM   #2741

Quote:
iPhone update - has not been turned on. Yet. Still parked at the 12:14 PM location. Grey dot.

so disappointing!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:44 AM   #2742

Quote:
He said that's what happens to the fiber optics cables. A squirrel could chew on the line & damage it enough so there is still connection, but it's a "leak" because it isn't running at the full speed.
I think we have leaks CONSTANTLY!!!!! I am sure we are experiencing one right now!!! So aggravating. It's so slow....it will continue like this for awhile until it finally dies all together and then they will come out again. Not sure what the deal is....but it's been like this the entire time we have had it and they are the only provider in the area so we can't switch to someone else.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:45 AM   #2743
Proud Fan Club Member

Called all three ladies. We will not be going anywhere today. I asked them to please don't go outside to get your mail or put garbage cans out or anything and I will follow my own advice. There is about quarter inch of ice covering everything and it is still coming down as freezing rain.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-29-2013, 04:49 AM   #2744

Quote:
Thought this applied to some flybabies. You know who you are. Isn't this adorable?
I am speed reading back posts!!! This was me today!!! How did I get so addicted to the coffee thing? I am blaming it on Miss Paula's comment that there is a salted caramel creamer. I have moved away from that one and am totally enjoying Bailey's non-alcholic original. mmmmmmm....

I have gone from the occasional Starbucks frapp and the rare Intnl Coffee drink to daily, grinding my own beans and using a french press and then adding my cream.....oh my!!!!! It's delicious!

Woke with a monster headache today....coffee and 2 advil and I am doing well once more!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #2745

Quote:
Called all three ladies. We will not be going anywhere today. I asked them to please don't go outside to get your mail or put garbage cans out or anything and I will follow my own advice. There is about quarter inch of ice covering everything and it is still coming down as freezing rain.
Oh my!

I am sorry...I am trying to back read but I don't see who the funeral was for?

Oh, I think I remember....you made a card a couple of days ago.

You are not going to believe what our temp is going to be today.... 71....I am still in long sleeves and a jacket....but I should be losing the jacket in a little while!

Last edited by ohmypaper!; 01-29-2013 at 04:54 AM..
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 AM   #2746

Morning Shelly! I see another list and GREEN highlights!! FUN!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #2747
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Well, I was going to take the ladies to the funeral but right now, it is glare ice over everything
eeeeeee! ice! boo.

The A-Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:56 AM   #2748

BTW Morning all!!!

I am off to work on my list.

Misti, I created my card for your VSN yesterday! I have had a lot of "MISSES" lately on my creations but I have to say I LOVE the one I made for your challenge!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:56 AM   #2749

Quote:
eeeeeee! ice! boo.
did yours melt away?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #2750
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
quarter of an inch...power lines start falling...trees start snapping.

freezing rain...sleet. OK. sleet = winter's hail. so freezing rain...oh...not good.

The A-Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 AM   #2751
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post
I am speed reading back posts!!! This was me today!!! How did I get so addicted to the coffee thing? I am blaming it on Miss Paula's comment that there is a salted caramel creamer. I have moved away from that one and am totally enjoying Bailey's non-alcholic original. mmmmmmm....

I have gone from the occasional Starbucks frapp and the rare Intnl Coffee drink to daily, grinding my own beans and using a french press and then adding my cream.....oh my!!!!! It's delicious!

Woke with a monster headache today....coffee and 2 advil and I am doing well once more!
us & our coffee + creamers.

I'm drinking the "gourmet" Folgers...it's Mocha. (it's awful!) It smells wonderful...yes...but it tastes "burnt" or something. BUT, I'm giving it a chance. I'm using the regular liquid coffee mate creamer...

BUT...I need to go for more breakfast pizzas and lunches @ Kroger so I will pick me up some more Chocolate / Caramel creamer! sweet. I got a big bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee from Sam's.

Ok...not Starbucks...but hey...I'm trying something different.

The A-Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 AM   #2752
ALWAYS has a P L A N

It's GREAT when two advil + coffee work on a headache! Glad that one is gone!

The A-Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:02 AM   #2753
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
did yours melt away?
dude!

it's 57 degrees out here right now...and it's gonna hit sixty...plus. then drop to 30. we got storms a comin'.

but yes. melted off by Sunday afternoon...all of it.

it was slick. whoo eeee...slick. whump!

The A-Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:04 AM   #2754
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Angie -

The A-Team.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 AM   #2755
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Oh my!

I am sorry...I am trying to back read but I don't see who the funeral was for?

Oh, I think I remember....you made a card a couple of days ago.

You are not going to believe what our temp is going to be today.... 71....I am still in long sleeves and a jacket....but I should be losing the jacket in a little while!
An elderly lady, the elderly ladies from our little meeting here were all friends with her. They are all over eighty. We are friends with her children and knew her too of course. The funeral is an hour and a half from us so I was going to take the ladies who didnt want to drive in the city so they could say good bye to their old friend.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 AM   #2756
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
quarter of an inch...power lines start falling...trees start snapping.

freezing rain...sleet. OK. sleet = winter's hail. so freezing rain...oh...not good.
Yeah you got that right and ladies start falling too. Marian already fell and cracked her noggin a couple of weeks ago when we had frost she ws unaware of. Went to get her mail and kawahp she was out for the count. She just got home from nursing home of Friday. Blood on brain etc.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #2757
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I'm drinking the "gourmet" Folgers...it's Mocha. (it's awful!) It smells wonderful...yes...but it tastes "burnt" or something. BUT, I'm giving it a chance. I'm using the regular liquid coffee mate creamer...

BUT...I need to go for more breakfast pizzas and lunches @ Kroger so I will pick me up some more Chocolate / Caramel creamer! sweet. I got a big bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee from Sam's.

I do like dunkin donuts coffee. I don't like anything folders. My heart races when I drink their coffee for some reason

my SCS gallery
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #2758

Quote:

My neighbor told me her favorite coffee is Dunkin Donuts. I am going to have to see if I can get the whole beans and try a bag!

It's fun to try something different even if it turns out you don't like it...it's fun to try!

OH MY Word.....Storm must be bored! She is KNOCKING STUFF OFF all over the house!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #2759
Gallery Gazer

Next 15 min~dishes
Old 01-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #2760

Quote:
An elderly lady, the elderly ladies from our little meeting here were all friends with her. They are all over eighty. We are friends with her children and knew her too of course. The funeral is an hour and a half from us so I was going to take the ladies who didnt want to drive in the city so they could say good bye to their old friend.
Awww Janeen, I am so sorry the weather is going to keep everyone home!!!!

You are so sweet to have offered to drive them.

(((hugs)))
Closed Thread