Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #2601
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to stamplady_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
CRC stands for Career Readiness Certificate. You have to do 80+ topics which have 3-4 or more sub topics with a quiz at the end. Then once you've finished all those you take a 3 big tests. 1 each on Locating (the most difficult one), Reading, and Math (I think). You can earn certificates in different levels (Bronze, Sliver, Gold and Platinum). The goal is at least Gold. Basically what it boils down to is a group of tests to show that you are trainable. Many companies across the US are requesting this certificate from their employees. Since I teach in teh department that teaches this they have nicely put a little pressure on getting it as well. I will admit it is kinda unfair to teach students something that you know little about.

BUT I do like your Couch, ReCline. That's more how I feel lately.
LOL yes mine is more fun. Good luck on all that!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #2602
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to stamplady_13

Kids are napping (well, I hear one up now using the bathroom), husband is napping and I was snuggled up with him too but I was just laying there thinking about all the things I want to get ready for my speakign engagement. I figured I may as well get up and work on it.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #2603
Proud Fan Club Member

DH and I both had a nice little nap, it is snowing and blowing so we decided not to go to the gospel meeting in Wausau this afternoon. Supposed to turn to freezing rain. Best to stay safe. I am feeling lazy. Think I will go and do my day2day photos in digi.

my SCS gallery
As long as you are capable of anger there are lessons to be learned
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #2604
Gallery Gazer

Got side tracked with a nap....it was not on my list of things to do but I guess body needed it. Laundry is almost done but haven't accomplished much else this afternoon.

SUNDAY'S LIST TO DO:
  • Make bed (Kind of tore it up with some tossing and turning last night ) DONE
  • Get dressed (In nice clothes so when I see myself in the mirror I will smile) DONE
  • Eat breakfast DONE
  • Cut out name tag blanks (64 more to make!) Half DONE
  • Call Mary (didn't so the other day) DONE
  • Put away bread machine DONE
  • Cut out Disney character pillowcases
  • Sew Disney Character pillow cases
    [* ]Laundry DONE
  • Lunch (leftovers from Friday dinner out) DONE
  • Reread and try to understand settlement papers (mind goes to fog when I try, but need to!)
  • Order new checks DONE
  • Work on materials for Zen-Tangle class DONE
    [* ]Dinner DONE
  • Pack items needed for WDW tomorrow
  • Relax before bed
  • Set alarm for 7:30am wake up DONE

Last edited by stampingkwilter; 01-27-2013 at 05:28 PM..
Old 01-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #2605
Gallery Gazer

Sounds like it is an nappy kind of day.....
Old 01-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #2606
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamplady_13 View Post
Soooo....I don't know if I have shared the big news yet? My mom is moving back to MI!!!! She hasn't lived her since about 1980 (I typed 1908 at first.....whoa!) Since then she's lived in TX, MA, SC and FL. My grandma (her mom) needs more care and she can't find anything that meets her needs that's not God-awful or affordable enough. Plus she had a cardiac scare in the fall (ended up being stress from Grandma. heart is fine) and really got to thinking. She wants to live here by us! I am surprised and SO thrilled! I have been helping her research places for my grandma to live. I went and took a 2nd look at a place Friday afternoon and put in an application. My aunt (who took care of grandma for a while) just brought me over some papers re: SS/pension and mom will be faxing the Affordable Housing app to the facility Mon. She was thinking about April but now it looks like March 1st!!!! So excited.

So..a question....do any of you northerners (or cold climate folks) have Renaud's Phenomenon (poor circulation in extremities)? Any tips for surviving the cold weather? My mom has been known to wear mittens inside my brother's air-conditioned house.
My sister has to be very careful to ALWAYS wear warm gloves and socks when she is going outside. Also as much as she hates it a hat and scarf. Keeping her extremities covered and warm take precedence over fashion. You'll need to make her a quilt to cuddle with while on the couch or even riding in the car in winter.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #2607
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
I gotta stop looking at clothes on the internet and start reading my office book.
i posted pics of my hair and outfit for the party last night over in the fashion thread. i also found another outfit to wear that sweater with , which i wore to meeting today.

my SCS gallery

Last edited by janeenk; 01-27-2013 at 01:00 PM..
Old 01-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #2608
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm guessing my guy had the same thing along with the other issues. We called it Transversion of the Greater Arteries where the aorta and pulmonic artery are reversed. He went through 2 of the 3 heart surgeries. The first one was at 3 weeks (he had a slew of other issues that had to be taken care of first). We spent 16 weeks & 1 day at Duke Children's Hospital in Durham NC before finally getting to go home. He did well with each of those surgeries. So sorry you guys are having to go through all that and sure will send prayers that all continues to go well.
It's amazing to me how many people I have talked with that have gone through this. Some adults! Zack had 2 surgeries and is doing great. I'm not sure how long he will need to continue seeing his heart doctor but I imagine a few years.

Thanks for,the prayers and right back at ya!

How old is your grandson?

This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #2609
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Hey all! I think the party was a success! We had about 10 kids. Amelia isn't feeling well. I hope it's just her teeth that are finally peeking thru and she's not getting sick. I hate when mine are sick and would extra hate if we infected all our friends with something.

Looking forward to a quiet evening. I'm hoping to knock out a birthday card or two, but if I just go to sleep tonight that's okay too.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #2610
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamplady_13 View Post
So exciting finding "new" things! Like Christmas all over again. yes, unfortunately I do know about dumping rooms. The main one used to be the guest room but now that it is Kylie's room it has become the basement (where the furniture from that room went) and the upstairs hall and our bedroom Slowly but surely I am making a dent in these areas.
My bedroom has been the dumping ground too...its not so bad now, but I do have all of the stuff from Jarod's room in there now. Brent has promised me that he will try his best to get Jarod's room finished this week. I can help on Wednesday and during the weekend. It shouldn't take very long once we put our minds to it. So, hopefully, I can work on getting his stuff out of my room after this weekend and get my bedroom back!

I know how you feel about trying to clean these areas. If you are like me, the stuff has been put there because you don't know where else to put it! So, its either find new homes or toss it...and neither can be an easy task.

Hang in there, girl!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #2611
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Hey all! I think the party was a success! We had about 10 kids. Amelia isn't feeling well. I hope it's just her teeth that are finally peeking thru and she's not getting sick. I hate when mine are sick and would extra hate if we infected all our friends with something.

Looking forward to a quiet evening. I'm hoping to knock out a birthday card or two, but if I just go to sleep tonight that's okay too.
Yay to the party being successful! Boo to Amelia being sick. I hope she feels better soon.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #2612
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingkwilter View Post
Sounds like it is an nappy kind of day.....
I didn't nap...but I REALLY wanted too!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #2613
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally got the Office chapter read. I also got my Office binder organized and my Business binder organized. Plus I looked at the case study assignment for Business that is due in March. I want to work on that this week while things as still moving slow. I have a feeling test are coming soon and I don't want to be overwhelmed with it all (like my first time in college!!!). I can do without all that stress! I need to get the homework in Accounting and Communications done sometime before Friday too. Those are the two classes I have on Friday and I won't be there...we are all going to the optomitrist in Corner Brook.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #2614
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

I got all the laundry done today!

Up next is clean up the stuff from the SB page I made today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
sunday, january 27, 2013

so far I have:
- coffee
- feed RX Penny
- update list
- empty dish drainer
- wash up dishes / load dishwasher
- shower / RX / dress to shoes
- unload camera / photos
- LAUNDRY - gather
- LAUNDRY - sort
- LAUNDRY - jeans - W/D/F/P
- LAUNDRY - lights - W/D/F/P
- LAUNDRY - darks - W/D/F/P
- LAUNDRY - whites - W/D/F/P
- LAUNDRY - towels - W/D
- LAUNDRY - workpants & coat - W/D
- read / toss Sunday paper
- CRAFTY - SC Sunday Sketch - original work! took a while...Block Party
- CRAFTY - look @ layouts I did last year
- CRAFTY - realization, again, that i need a SB bookshelf and need to get the library of memories set up.
- put together outfits for next week
- gather up items to return to Kohl's
- find Kohl's receipt (in finance notebook)
- feed RX Penny
- clean up desk from scrapping

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #2615
Gallery Gazer

Spent evening with friends who are just back from cruise. May have had a bit too much wine but had a wonderful visit and talk. At least it was too much wine and not too much whine......
Old 01-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #2616
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I got all the laundry done today!

Up next is clean up the stuff from the SB page I made today.
Yay, you had fun

my SCS gallery
Old 01-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #2617
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
It's amazing to me how many people I have talked with that have gone through this. Some adults! Zack had 2 surgeries and is doing great. I'm not sure how long he will need to continue seeing his heart doctor but I imagine a few years.

Thanks for,the prayers and right back at ya!

How old is your grandson?
So glad your Zack is doing so well.

Our little guy's nick name was Buddy. He was born on May 22, 2007. He, as I said, underwent the 2nd surgery and did great. He was discharged from his cardiovascular surgeon a month after his last surgery. His cardiologist saw him every other week for nearly a year and had decided to stretch it to monthly the end of April or 1st week of May. They left his central line (IV sort of) in place after his Feb surgery (2nd heart surgery) because he was to have a spinal cord release in April or May which would also require a sedated MRI of his spine prior to the surgery. In mid April they attempted the MRI but after much medication they found that the central line had come out of place and had to be removed. He had a growth spert and gained 3 lbs - doesn't sound like much but it makes a difference. On May 9, 2007 he passed away. It was not heart related. They believe, as he had just seen his cardiologist & had a 12 lead ECG 2 days before, that he had a blood clot that caused his death. They believe it was from the central line coming out of place but was unforseenable as they had done all tests were done.

So to make this long story short he was just shy of his 1st birthday. By that time he had been under general anesthesia 10 times (8 times for surgeries) and spent 20+ weeks in the hospital, most of which were in PICU. Admittedly we were expecting him to be with us until his late teens to early 20's but we spend every day as if it were our last and loved him 20 years worth. Having said all that we were so blessed to have him as long as we did.

We have friends from the hospital who have children with heart issues who are doing well and you'd never know unless you saw the scars. I wish you years and years of blessings with your little guy.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #2618
Stazon Splitcoast

to do today
3 2 loads of laundry got done
take a shower
look through my recipe books and come up with a list of new recipes so I can start cooking more at home

post some beach reservations on Craigs list
WHB the large bathroom
shake the rugs around the cat's litter box (dh scoops but will not shake the rugs)
30 minutes on CRC
30 minutes on CRC

I'm not sure I'll get any of the others done tonight. It's been a long day and tomorrow will be equily as busy. So I'm going to make my list for tomorrow and go to bed.

List for Monday

Up and dressed
Make bed
Eat breakfast
Meeting at 10am at the college
Lunch
Scope of Practice test for me for renewal - at 2pm
Dinner
Teach class 5-8:30
Home and phone call ref one of the beach reservation we have for sale
Wash dishes
Wash the last load of clothes
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #2619
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Our little guy's nick name was Buddy. He was born on May 22, 2007. He, as I said, underwent the 2nd surgery and did great. He was discharged from his cardiovascular surgeon a month after his last surgery. His cardiologist saw him every other week for nearly a year and had decided to stretch it to monthly the end of April or 1st week of May. They left his central line (IV sort of) in place after his Feb surgery (2nd heart surgery) because he was to have a spinal cord release in April or May which would also require a sedated MRI of his spine prior to the surgery. In mid April they attempted the MRI but after much medication they found that the central line had come out of place and had to be removed. He had a growth spert and gained 3 lbs - doesn't sound like much but it makes a difference. On May 9, 2007 he passed away. It was not heart related. They believe, as he had just seen his cardiologist & had a 12 lead ECG 2 days before, that he had a blood clot that caused his death. They believe it was from the central line coming out of place but was unforseenable as they had done all tests were done.

So to make this long story short he was just shy of his 1st birthday. By that time he had been under general anesthesia 10 times (8 times for surgeries) and spent 20+ weeks in the hospital, most of which were in PICU. Admittedly we were expecting him to be with us until his late teens to early 20's but we spend every day as if it were our last and loved him 20 years worth. Having said all that we were so blessed to have him as long as we did.

We have friends from the hospital who have children with heart issues who are doing well and you'd never know unless you saw the scars. I wish you years and years of blessings with your little guy.
Hugs to you and how wonderful you had a little angel for at least a short while.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #2620
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
Morning Shelley, didn't know you were doing project life too. Did you see Melissa made a PL thread?
Good morning!Sorry I didn't get back here yesterday. Hubby decided we were having a day out. No I hadn't seen her thread. I'll be sure to check it out. I'm not doing a 365 thing but I think it's a great way to scrap those one picture days.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 AM   #2621
Gallery Gazer

List
~~~
Morning routine
*up & dress
*wash face,apply moisturizer,brush teeth
*make bed
*feed & water cat
*empty dishwasher
*breakfast & vitamin
*what's for dinner?
*swish & swipe

Daily routine
*64oz H2O
*laundry w/d/p
*empty dehum
*lunch
*reload dishwasher

Weekly routine
*mirrors & doors
*cobweb sweep-down
*dust lr,dr,kit,mbr,bath1,bath2,cr,sr,gbr1,gbr2,entry
*wipe out micro
*trash
*wipe stairs
*sweep dr,kit,mbr,cr,sr,gbr1,gbr2,porch,entry
*mop kit,bath1,bath2
*vacuum lr,under stairs,porch rug
*menu & groc. list
*groc. shop

ToDo
*clothes pile in bedroom
*shovel sidewalk

Craftroom
*do one LO
*crochet 5 hexagons 2/5
*15 min clear table
*pic for PL printed

Evening routine
*feed cat
*make dinner
*run dishwasher
*wipe counters & stove top
*clean sink
*lay out clothes
*wash face & brush teeth
*15 min. yoga

Last edited by split-pea; 01-28-2013 at 03:52 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 02:57 AM   #2622
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Rise & shine. tis a great new day.

it's MONDAY, January 28, 2013.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 AM   #2623
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

oh...bless you.

The A-Team.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 AM   #2624
Gallery Gazer

Next 15 min~empty dw.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #2625
ALWAYS has a P L A N

MONDAY, JANUARY 28, 2013

So far I have:
- coffee
- feed RX Penny
- wake the boy
- make the bed
- lay out clothes
- empty dish drainer
- wash up dishes
- update list / check email
- shower / RX / dress
- take picture of DH leg...it looks like a NEW leg! wow!
- head to work
- arrive @ work
- check box
- slim
- make coffee
- read paper
- eat breakfast
- plan the day
- go get the cup of coffee i fixed.
- update inventory / send
- finish CB
- finish BSBC
- finish ERec
- RT payroll
- staff meeting
- iPhone!!! it got turned on!!! location changed.
- lunch
- back to work.
- RT payroll done
- EFI payroll started

I need to:
- email back RE SH audit meeting, yippee she wants to come to MY office! yay! works for me.

Tonight, I need to:
- fold towels
- What's for supper? chicken bundles
- STALK THE iPHONE!

The A-Team.

Last edited by mollymoo951; 01-28-2013 at 12:55 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #2626
Gallery Gazer

Next 15 min~crochet
Old 01-28-2013, 03:32 AM   #2627
Gallery Gazer

Next 15 min~start laundry.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #2628
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Today's Mini Mission:

We are in the living room for a few days. Your mission for today is to do a quick tidy of your living room.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 AM   #2629
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Internet dude is supposed to be here sometime today.

First up:
Clean off desk.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #2630

Oh Donna. Hugs to you. Thank you for sharing. I'll be holding my kids a little tighter today.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-28-2013, 04:16 AM   #2631

Morning. I have two, maybe three, sick kids and a sick husband. Ezra is raspy and hacking, Amelia has fever and a runny nose, and Archer's not awake yet for me to know. I'll call the ped in just a bit and make an appointment. Normally, I'd wait and see a bit, but since we had that party yesterday I want to know if it's something contagious or not.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #2632
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
Today's Mini Mission:

We are in the living room for a few days. Your mission for today is to do a quick tidy of your living room.
Yeah, I see newspaper, binoculars, headsets books, mags, etc. lying about

my SCS gallery
Old 01-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #2633

One of Jeff's guys just texted they're home with a fever. REALLY hope it's not the flu!!!
Gallery Blog
Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #2634
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Morning. I have two, maybe three, sick kids and a sick husband. Ezra is raspy and hacking, Amelia has fever and a runny nose, and Archer's not awake yet for me to know. I'll call the ped in just a bit and make an appointment. Normally, I'd wait and see a bit, but since we had that party yesterday I want to know if it's something contagious or not.
oh...

The A-Team.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #2635
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
One of Jeff's guys just texted they're home with a fever. REALLY hope it's not the flu!!!

that might be where it came from???

me, too. oh boy.

The A-Team.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:45 AM   #2636
ALWAYS has a P L A N

this is gonna be a good day!

my list is on post #2625.

dude!

The A-Team.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:47 AM   #2637
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
Today's Mini Mission:

Off to do this.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:49 AM   #2638

Quote:

that might be where it came from???

me, too. oh boy.
Who knows. It could be from the station. The friends we saw Thursday were sick, but they had been to the dr and told they were not contagious, plus they were on abtibiotics for two days before we saw them. Jeff was around someone Friday who told him he was getting over the flu. It could be something they touched while we ran party errands.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #2639

Yep. Archer's hacking, too.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #2640
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I hope they are all feeling better soon.
Closed Thread