Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #1081
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
Messy counters..before
Such a cheery kitchen! Love it!

This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #1082
Stazon Splitcoast

I woke up with a cold today...I knew it was coming since most people who had the flu ended up with a cold. Its draining though...which is good! But having this runny nose is awful!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #1083
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
So all I have gotten done since lunch is talk on the phone.

My brother. Who has now been diagnosed with a terminal illness. (Did I tell you all that?)
Our fun daughter, my cousin who wanted to know about my brother, some elderly friends who have been sick, my DH who took a vacation day and stayed in Wausau all day, lets see, I think that's everyone.. My ear is sore......lol
I did not know this about your brother. I'm so very sorry!! What's his prognosis? How is he, you, your family handling it? Prayers for all.

This is your life.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #1084
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
I woke up with a cold today...I knew it was coming since most people who had the flu ended up with a cold. Its draining though...which is good! But having this runny nose is awful!
Ooh, bummer! Hope it clears out quickly and doesn't develope into anything else!

This is your life.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #1085
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
No school for me today! The power was off in ALL OF NEWFOUNDLAND! The main power station for the island had a problem. The power has only been back for an hour or so. With no power I had no internet...so I'm just checking in now. I did get the Office course questions done that I needed to do this weekend! So that's a bonus! The only homework I have to do now is read a chapter in my "boring" book. And maybe get the handouts converted to word and printed out.

I think flylady living and time management is really helping out with school work!
Yowsers! No power anywhere that's wild! Sounds like you are getting off to a good start with school, good for you!

This is your life.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #1086
Proud Fan Club Member

Alrighty then...that felt good. DH is gonna love it. So do I of course. misti, thank yo again for the minis, they keep things running smoothly.

After pic from a larger angle so you can see I did not just move it all to a different counter. LOL...I even found a place for a cook book that simply hasn't had a home for a couple of years. Yay
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

my SCS gallery
As long as you are capable of anger there are lessons to be learned
Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #1087
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
Yowsers! No power anywhere that's wild! Sounds like you are getting off to a good start with school, good for you!
Yes! I don't remember ever having no power in the entire province! There was a huge snow storm in St. John's, close to the power plant, so I figure that was the cause of the issue.

School IS off to a great start! I'm through the first week and not overwhelmed, so that's good! I can see a big difference in my classmates, though. You can tell which ones are there to work and which ones are just "going to college". I'm there to work so every waking moment I'm there I'm trying to get things done. I get my stuff done before its due and I like to prepare before going to class by reading the stuff we will cover first. Other's are getting overwhelmed because it is a lot of work. And if you save it all for the last minute then you are going to be in big trouble. With that said...I wasn't like this during my first college experience...and it all turned out fine! I just think this time it will be less stressful as I get things done in a timely manner.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #1088
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
No school for me today! The power was off in ALL OF NEWFOUNDLAND! The main power station for the island had a problem. The power has only been back for an hour or so. With no power I had no internet...so I'm just checking in now. I did get the Office course questions done that I needed to do this weekend! So that's a bonus! The only homework I have to do now is read a chapter in my "boring" book. And maybe get the handouts converted to word and printed out.

I think flylady living and time management is really helping out with school work!
Glad to hear from you Patricia. No power, OY , that would be hard. How did yo all stay warm? No school for kiddos either then?

my SCS gallery
Old 01-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #1089
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Glad to hear from you Patricia. No power, OY , that would be hard. How did yo all stay warm? No school for kiddos either then?
We have a wood furnace so we still had heat. No school for the kids either! The whole province was shut down! I was supposed to get groceries today but the stores were all closed.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #1090
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Yes! I don't remember ever having no power in the entire province! There was a huge snow storm in St. John's, close to the power plant, so I figure that was the cause of the issue.

School IS off to a great start! I'm through the first week and not overwhelmed, so that's good! I can see a big difference in my classmates, though. You can tell which ones are there to work and which ones are just "going to college". I'm there to work so every waking moment I'm there I'm trying to get things done. I get my stuff done before its due and I like to prepare before going to class by reading the stuff we will cover first. Other's are getting overwhelmed because it is a lot of work. And if you save it all for the last minute then you are going to be in big trouble. With that said...I wasn't like this during my first college experience...and it all turned out fine! I just think this time it will be less stressful as I get things done in a timely manner.
So glad it's going well and you are enjoying it! I loved college and would love to go back someday! For what I don't know!!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #1091
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
We have a wood furnace so we still had heat. No school for the kids either! The whole province was shut down! I was supposed to get groceries today but the stores were all closed.
WORD. Wow!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #1092
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Seriously?? That would be more like my "after" picture!
Ikwym..mine used to be sooo messy that now I have a hard time processing that they are messy when there are a few things not where they belong because my eyes were so used to seeing SO MUCH clutter on them..but here is what got put away
1 flour container
The butter
Three knives
All the metal pans which I store in the oven but had baked so they come out
One tea strainer w tea I leaves I. It
One strainer with lentils from two days ago that I decided not to cook
One magic bullet
One blades for magic bullet
One glass
One cup
One bowl
Ketchup bottle
One stack of DH caps that he washed and set on the counter
Spatula
Crumbs
Two water bottles
I think I'm missing a couple of things. But anyway because there is quite a lot of counter space it doesn't look cluttered but in reality it needs cleaning.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #1093
luvstochatchatCHAT

Baked doughnuts have been made up. Oven is preheating. Now to decide on supper. Feeling tired again so the effect of the nap didn't last long LOL!!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #1094
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Such a cheery kitchen! Love it!
Thanks, I love it too. It had to be bright and cheery bc it sits in the NW corner of the house and gets very little light. The first time I came out in the morning with the new look I thought I had left the light on the night before. The cabinets were dark oak wood and some people thought we were crazy for painting everything but I just was suffocating In the darkness. I get claustrophobic just thinking about it and we had them that way for almost twenty years. Ay yi yi

my SCS gallery
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #1095
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I did not know this about your brother. I'm so very sorry!! What's his prognosis? How is he, you, your family handling it? Prayers for all.

1:40am
Roy Sanchez
ok so this is the Prognosis of UIP Will know more when I meet with my pulmonary Dr. on the 22nd. didn't want to put this on my wall!

Regardless of etiology, UIP is relentlessly progressive, usually leading to respiratory failure and death. Some patients do well for a prolonged period of time, but then deteriorate rapidly because of a superimposed acute illness (so-called "accelerated UIP"). The outlook for long-term survival is poor. In most studies, the median survival is 3 to 4 years. Patients with UIP in the setting of rheumatoid arthritis have a slightly better prognosis than UIP without a known cause (IPF).

We have gotten close in the last couple of years and so he and I have had some very good talks. It sounds cruel, but you would have to know my brother, but he and I can joke about it besides the serious talks we have. He said he likes it bc he doesn't have to cheer me up. Both he and I and my. Mom look at it like, hey, you got a chance to make things right with everyone and spend the last years completely enjoying life as he will qualify for his SS through disability and will not be working. You can express all the things that others sometimes don't get a chance to too, you can spend time with your girls and grand babies. He just hopes my mom goes before he does bc he is the baby and closest to mom and he doesn't want her to have that kind of sorrow again after losing my next youngest brother.
Thanks for asking. We will know more about treatment after the 22nd. So it is terminal and being over fifty reduces the length of lifetime by 22% over and above these figures. I guess that is all I can say about it for now. We shall see what they decide if that will change the expectancy. I told him if he gets ten years he will be seventy. He says he is glad to have five more years than my other brother. He has worked i funeral homes and cemeteries most of his life and knows the brevity of life.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #1096
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
1:40am
Roy Sanchez
ok so this is the Prognosis of UIP Will know more when I meet with my pulmonary Dr. on the 22nd. didn't want to put this on my wall!

Regardless of etiology, UIP is relentlessly progressive, usually leading to respiratory failure and death. Some patients do well for a prolonged period of time, but then deteriorate rapidly because of a superimposed acute illness (so-called "accelerated UIP"). The outlook for long-term survival is poor. In most studies, the median survival is 3 to 4 years. Patients with UIP in the setting of rheumatoid arthritis have a slightly better prognosis than UIP without a known cause (IPF).

We have gotten close in the last couple of years and so he and I have had some very good talks. It sounds cruel, but you would have to know my brother, but he and I can joke about it besides the serious talks we have. He said he likes it bc he doesn't have to cheer me up. Both he and I and my. Mom look at it like, hey, you got a chance to make things right with everyone and spend the last years completely enjoying life as he will qualify for his SS through disability and will not be working. You can express all the things that others sometimes don't get a chance to too, you can spend time with your girls and grand babies. He just hopes my mom goes before he does bc he is the baby and closest to mom and he doesn't want her to have that kind of sorrow again after losing my next youngest brother.
Thanks for asking. We will know more about treatment after the 22nd. So it is terminal and being over fifty reduces the length of lifetime by 22% over and above these figures. I guess that is all I can say about it for now. We shall see what they decide if that will change the expectancy. I told him if he gets ten years he will be seventy. He says he is glad to have five more years than my other brother. He has worked i funeral homes and cemeteries most of his life and knows the brevity of life.
My goodness Janeen. Thinking of you for sure.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #1097
luvstochatchatCHAT

Hubby is home. That's always a relief! He's washing up my dishes from baking doughnuts now. What a man. I've got my feet up...again. Hoping to get in my corner with some tea tonight too...who said they were going to do that? Janeen maybe?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #1098
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Janeen (((Hugs)))

Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #1099
Stazon Splitcoast

Hugs Janeen.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #1100
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstamp View Post
So glad it's going well and you are enjoying it! I loved college and would love to go back someday! For what I don't know!!
I really am enjoying it....and I can relate to the courses which is good.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #1101
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Thanks, I love it too. It had to be bright and cheery bc it sits in the NW corner of the house and gets very little light. The first time I came out in the morning with the new look I thought I had left the light on the night before. The cabinets were dark oak wood and some people thought we were crazy for painting everything but I just was suffocating In the darkness. I get claustrophobic just thinking about it and we had them that way for almost twenty years. Ay yi yi
Plus that side of the house is surrounded by woods letting very little light through. Double whammy. So not even I. The summer whe. The sun goes down Ido we get light in there bc the trees block. But I wouldn't want to give up my trees altogether either.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #1102
Proud Fan Club Member

Well thank you all for the hugs of support. it's certainly not as bleak as it could be. he was a smoker for years and I was very relieved it wasn't cancer and all that entails , maybe that is why I am more optimistic about the prognosis. He still thinks he is being misdiagnosed but I don't agree with his reasonings why. Some things just don't follow all the rules. He will see if he can get into Vanderbilt as they are specialists in this type of thing.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #1103
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Quote:

My brother. Who has now been diagnosed with a terminal illness. (Did I tell you all that?)
Our fun daughter, my cousin who wanted to know about my brother, some elderly friends who have been sick, my DH who took a vacation day and stayed in Wausau all day, lets see, I think that's everyone.. My ear is sore......lol
Some days feel like PHONE days. Janeen, I am so sorry about your brother.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #1104

Quote:
Alrighty then...that felt good. DH is gonna love it. So do I of course. misti, thank yo again for the minis, they keep things running smoothly.

After pic from a larger angle so you can see I did not just move it all to a different counter. LOL...I even found a place for a cook book that simply hasn't had a home for a couple of years. Yay
LOVELY!!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #1105
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:

sorry to hear about your brother.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #1106

Quote:
Well thank you all for the hugs of support. it's certainly not as bleak as it could be. he was a smoker for years and I was very relieved it wasn't cancer and all that entails , maybe that is why I am more optimistic about the prognosis. He still thinks he is being misdiagnosed but I don't agree with his reasonings why. Some things just don't follow all the rules. He will see if he can get into Vanderbilt as they are specialists in this type of thing.
Thanks for sharing the details with us. I am so sorry. Nice that you can have good talks together!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #1107
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Seriously?? That would be more like my "after" picture!
For real! I thought "surely this picture is mislabeled!"

Gallery Blog

Not so patiently waiting for Doctor Who.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #1108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Yup, me too! Me thinks my counters are BAD!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #1109

Quote:

I don't remember if I've said this yet or not so if it's a repeat, oh well. I am SO proud of you!!!!

Gallery Blog

Old 01-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #1110
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Ha , you girls make me feel very good indeed. Lol

my SCS gallery
Old 01-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #1111

Quote:
Hugs Janeen! I'm so sorry to hear this, but I do understand why it's easier to take than some other diagnoses.

Gallery Blog

Old 01-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #1112

And we're home. Obviously. Took forever and I do have a little shopping to finish up at other stores, but we survived. The kids were really good during our errands. Other than the first stop which was a complete bust and the extra things I picked up at Target it all went really well. (And for impulse buys they were not bad. All things I've either wanted a long time or actually need but was not planning to purchase. For sticking to my list it was bad!!)

Gallery Blog

Old 01-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #1113
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I know, right?!?!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #1114
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post
Yup, me too! Me thinks my counters are BAD!
Naw...I just think Janeen's are really good!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #1115
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I don't remember if I've said this yet or not so if it's a repeat, oh well. I am SO proud of you!!!!
Awwww....thank you! That means a lot to me.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #1116
luvstochatchatCHAT

Just spent 15 min on the treadmill to get my blood flowing. Supper didn't stay down long and so I was just feeling frustrated. Wanted to get my blood flowing better. Now for 15 min in my craft corner and then I better get ready for bed LOL!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #1117
Proud Fan Club Member

Enjoying the quiet time with DH tonight. We had a beautiful spaghetti dinner with a nice Rodney Strong Red, kirk whalum jazz held hands and appreciated each other. Talked about such a nice meal we could have at home and save all kinds of money and enjoy our own quiet time. Now I am ready to go make a couple of cards.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #1118
luvstochatchatCHAT

Just got my one CASE card done! Took about 20 min. Now I'm ready to head to bed!! Hoping for an easy day tomorrow, it's long overdue LOL. NO MORE PUKING allowed!!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:20 AM   #1119
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

rise & shine. tis a great new day.

it's saturday january 12, 2013.

today, i start on year 16 @ my current place of employment. i hope it's sweet.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:32 AM   #1120
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
rise & shine. tis a great new day.

it's saturday january 12, 2013.

today, i start on year 16 @ my current place of employment. i hope it's sweet.
I hope so too!
Closed Thread