Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree952Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #1761
luvstochatchatCHAT

Location: In the land of sweet and unexpected (but prayed for!) baby bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
I think I am going to attempt to do the things I planned to do today before all this stuff came up. Eating lunch then will go to the bank, then into Houston to the grocery store where I get meat, then home, and then it will probably be time to get Archer.

Once again, very thankful to be a SAHM and a flexible schedule.
Hugs!!! Blessed are the flexible I repeat to myself often...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #1762
luvstochatchatCHAT

I made two cards this morning! Two of the same. Happy, happy. But then my dad called sounding all down and weak and it burst my cozy home bubble. Argh. He wants to go home. Not getting rest. Not wanting to do therapy. Thing is he has to do therapy to get stronger and we can't just walk out of there or we'll be "against medical advice" and they won't send him home with meds or care instructions and home health won't be covered to come in. Eeep. He needs to hang in there. I know he gets anxious when I can't get up there. I haven't been in since Friday. I really want to be up there, but I just can't go in this weather. And tomorrow is suppose to be -40 and lower wind chills. I can't take a baby out in that. I know I have a good running vehicle and all, but you just never know....
Old 01-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #1763
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Looks like fun to me! But what is the actual prize?

$10,000...He gets all of it because he had a festivity pin as well as he had registered the clues with the St. Paul paper...

This is an annual event as a treasure hunt plus there are lots of outside activities!

Clutter is a result of delayed decisions. -Audrey Thomas
Old 01-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #1764
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstamp View Post
I made two cards this morning! Two of the same. Happy, happy. But then my dad called sounding all down and weak and it burst my cozy home bubble. Argh. He wants to go home. Not getting rest. Not wanting to do therapy. Thing is he has to do therapy to get stronger and we can't just walk out of there or we'll be "against medical advice" and they won't send him home with meds or care instructions and home health won't be covered to come in. Eeep. He needs to hang in there. I know he gets anxious when I can't get up there. I haven't been in since Friday. I really want to be up there, but I just can't go in this weather. And tomorrow is suppose to be -40 and lower wind chills. I can't take a baby out in that. I know I have a good running vehicle and all, but you just never know....
He can sign out against medical advice, and they have to provide exit care. They may be just trying to keep him there longer. You need to take charge of his care and do what is best for him. If you feel he is better off moving on then do it. Talk to his FMD and put a care plan together that will work for everyone. If he goes home and it doesn't work then just make it known that you will revisit on an as needed basis and he needs to agree with that.
It sounds like they are using scare tactics to keep him there longer. I just told dd what you said and she said she would get him out of there. He doesn't need the extra added anxiety.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:18 AM   #1765
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Prayers please! Jeff just called and someone ran a red light and hit him! He's okay, but the car isn't and she's swearing he ran the light not her. They are waiting on the cops.
Oh dear, I hope this got resolved correctly. Thankful Jeff is okay.

my SCS gallery
As long as you are capable of anger there are lessons to be learned
Old 01-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #1766
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I agree, it's best to be safe, look what just happened to Jeff and Paula. Things happen and in this cold it is best to be indoors. I canceld my dental cleaning today, it wasnt a necessity appt. and I was NOT going to drive 30 miles on this frigid day.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #1767
Proud Fan Club Member

I have been busy in the craft room as I wanted to get all done before going to moms. And we have a funeral to go to on wed also so a busy and short week for me.

Cataloged and packaged 32 card order
Photo'ed and packaged 5 card order
photo'ed and packaged 2 card order
Made get well for DSIL in MO wrote in it and addressed and stamped
Got get well card written ,addressed and stamped for DSIL in WI
Wrote check and addressed eye dr bill
Made four small thank you cards to tuck in with orders
Printed billings for orders
Took all to p.o.
Went to bank for DH stuff
Finally eating some soup and Sammie
Canceled dental appt
Washed load of whites -need folding
Washed DW needs unloading
Break is over and I am up and at em. Stay warm if you can

my SCS gallery
Old 01-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #1768
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

HUGS!!!! How scary Paula!!! But so glad overall it wasn't worse. But definitely would have been nice for someone to stick around or at least leave their number to be contacted! We've done that before!

Hugs Rebekah!!!

I'm sorry I didn't catch up on everything....it's just crazy with so much going on. Again. But not in a bad way....just in a crazy way! Sooooo many invitations to do that I'm trying to break it down into smaller jobs in between other DT deadlines! And doc appts/calls. The first RA meds made me so sick...so will be trying another soon. Have also researched oils. Will definitely need a med though to prevent more damage. But at the same time looking forward to hopefully more pain management. It's always something! I'm just sooooo thankful I can still do stuff!

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #1769
Stazon Splitcoast

Running ticker

I think TDD is the way to go for me today.

1. make bed (dh is at work today) - check
2. eat breakfast - check
3. catch up with you ladies - check
4. take am meds - check
(all done so far)

5. update my calendar with dgd1's basketball schedule & dh's work schedule & dsil's new work schedule - Check
6. mini mission - check
7. sort laundry - check

Next
8. Figure out something for lunch...my head is hurting again - probably the weather changes again - check
9. Make a couple of phone calls - check
10. Check to see if my grades have been posted yet - check (they are not posted yet - ARG!!!)

Next
11. Washed 2 loads of clothes (1 in the dryer with 1 just about ready) - check
12. What's for dinner - check
13. Diced potatoes & onions (potato soup with kilbasa) - check
14. slice kilbasa - check

Next
15. Send a couple of emails ref an event Feb 8th - check
16. Finish dinner - check
17. Wash dishes after dinner - check
18. Get clothes, etc ready for work tomorrow - check
19. Take a soaky bath (praying it will help with the headache I've had all day) - check
20. Bed early
21. Swapped clothes in washer & dryer, hung what needed hanging & folded the rest...another load in the washer to go into the dryer & then to bed

Last edited by imthenoni; 01-27-2014 at 04:47 PM..
Old 01-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #1770
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
I'm sorry I didn't catch up on everything....it's just crazy with so much going on. Again. But not in a bad way....just in a crazy way! Sooooo many invitations to do that I'm trying to break it down into smaller jobs in between other DT deadlines! And doc appts/calls. The first RA meds made me so sick...so will be trying another soon. Have also researched oils. Will definitely need a med though to prevent more damage. But at the same time looking forward to hopefully more pain management. It's always something! I'm just sooooo thankful I can still do stuff!
It does sound like you've got so much going on. More importantly, I hope you get your RA meds where they don't make you sick and help you to feel better. Pain management is a HUGE thing for those of us who have chronic pain. Stress will also make the pain worse as well. Hope you are able to take things in bits and pieces instead of stressing out over it all.

Love and hugs and prayers
Old 01-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #1771
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Hugs Lee! I hope you find a med that helps! Our next door neighbor's youngest has juvenile RA. He had a flare last weekend but before that was doing really well.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #1772
Stazon Splitcoast

What's for dinner? We are having leftover venison chile. Great night for it. I'm also cooking red beans and rice to take to bible study. It will be my turn to bring a savory dish on Wednesday and I just don't feel like making eggs. Plus I have all the ingredients on hand for this. and I may not be able to get out of the house tomorrow. ice is coming again!

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #1773
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula's (((hugs))) I'm so sorry about all the frustrating days you have to go through due to the accident! Glad you can be flexible. Hope dh doesn't suffer too much after effects!

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #1774

The house is a wreck. If school is cancelled this place will be a nest of blankets and socks and stuffed animals and snack bowls. I've gotta do some room rescues then it's back to the store for more milk and no sugar added tapioca - Jeff's comfort food.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #1775
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
He can sign out against medical advice, and they have to provide exit care. They may be just trying to keep him there longer. You need to take charge of his care and do what is best for him. If you feel he is better off moving on then do it. Talk to his FMD and put a care plan together that will work for everyone. If he goes home and it doesn't work then just make it known that you will revisit on an as needed basis and he needs to agree with that.
It sounds like they are using scare tactics to keep him there longer. I just told dd what you said and she said she would get him out of there. He doesn't need the extra added anxiety.
So maybe with care instructions but not meds and we would have to get right in with his family dr and get the meds all re-instated. I don't think they are doing scare tactics at the moment. He really does need to be stronger. But I'll check in by phone tomorrow and see where we are at. Maybe if I promise in home private pay care, they will agree. They almost agreed but thought another week would be good. We're there now so will see!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #1776
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
What's for dinner? We are having leftover venison chile. Great night for it. I'm also cooking red beans and rice to take to bible study. It will be my turn to bring a savory dish on Wednesday and I just don't feel like making eggs. Plus I have all the ingredients on hand for this. and I may not be able to get out of the house tomorrow. ice is coming again!
Sloppy joes, garden salad and corn casserole.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #1777
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
(((hugs)))

Do not take that baby out in that kind of weather!!! S*** happens! Excuse my French. Dad sometimes has to learn that he just cannot come first! I'm sure if he was thinking straight he would agree.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #1778
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sloppy joes, garden salad and corn casserole.
Yum!

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #1779
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
!

(((hugs))) to you, too! Hoping they can find just the right meds for you!

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:40 PM   #1780
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Grilling outside...windchill Minus 26

Currently he's standing outside looking at the sunset or listening to animals in the woods...
Attached Thumbnails
grilingsnow-26windchill.jpg  

mollymoo951 and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #1781
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
OH Paula that is so awful. How will the insurance coverage work with nobody to "blame" so to speak? yuck.
KY is a no-fault state. Also, we have rental on our vehicle insurance...very minimal cost.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:02 PM   #1782
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Ashlyn made teriyaki chicken for dinner over rice. I had a little chicken and a protein bar.

Kra, what a guy! That's what I call grillin and chillin!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:04 PM   #1783
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
Grilling outside...windchill Minus 26

Currently he's standing outside looking at the sunset or listening to animals in the woods...
brrrr. i grill out in the winter but not in that kind of cold. ON goes the oven to warm up the kitchen

my SCS gallery
Old 01-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #1784
luvstochatchatCHAT

Total of five cards made today. 3 of one and 2 of another!

Off to get ready for bed. I need some quiet time to restore my "up"ward thoughts.
LuvLee and janeenk like this post.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #1785
Proud Fan Club Member

we had left over chicken and potatoes from eating out yesterday along with bean soup and cornbread.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #1786
Stazon Splitcoast

Everyone's dinner sounds really good tonight.

I have my last load of clothes in the dryer so I think I'm going to stay up long enough to let them dry and hang what might need hanging up then hitting the bed.

Sweet dreams to you all.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #1787
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

James loves to grill out in winter too! Although I'm not sure about in that kind of cold!

The kids made scrambled eggs and toast for dinner....but then they also made a graham cracker crust apple pie!

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #1788
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

I plunked food in the crock pot. My guys aren't back from practice yet. Kevin left the house at 6:30am & hasn't been back. He picked the boys up at the curb & didn't come in.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #1789

Kramomma - Wow! I'm not even sure how to process that. He's a trooper. Or he really likes meat.

Misti - Oh my. That sounds very unpleasant. Hope they are back soon!

School is cancelled for tomorrow. Bad weather is supposed to roll in about noon.
All my house is asleep but me. I'd like to drink something warm and do a little knitting in the quiet. I think it would be good for me. But curling up and falling asleep doesn't sound half bad either. We'll see what wins.
Gallery Blog
ashjoy likes this post.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #1790
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

Misti - Oh my. That sounds very unpleasant. Hope they are back soon!
That is our new normal. They roll in about 10 & then have training, then they/we eat. We are in the "crazy" season! Although, Kevin got his judging assignments last night, so our crazy will last longer this year.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:09 AM   #1791
ALWAYS has a P L A N

rise & shine. tis a great new day.

it's Tuesday, January 28, 2014.

on wait...it's toos-dee!

last one of January 2014.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:10 AM   #1792
ALWAYS has a P L A N

rise & shine. tis a great new day.

it's Tuesday, January 28, 2014.

on wait...it's toos-dee!

last one of January 2014.

The A-Team.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:11 AM   #1793
ALWAYS has a P L A N

it's toos-dee folks. do everything twice.

um...NOT.

once is sufficient.

Happy Tuesday.

The A-Team.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:47 AM   #1794
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
it's toos-dee folks. do everything twice.

um...NOT.

once is sufficient.

Happy Tuesday.

You're funny...

mollymoo951 likes this post.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:10 AM   #1795
Stazon Splitcoast

Melissa - I'm with you - once is enough for me this week.
mollymoo951 likes this post.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:13 AM   #1796
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning all - I've been up for about 1/2 hour doing my normal go to work routine. It's get up, make bed, eat breakfast while I check out fb, check emails, check in with you ladies, get dressed, fix a cup of something to drink, grab my bag (s) and hit the door. Today will be one of those long days. I work 8ish until 5 or so and then teach 7 - 10 (I was asked yesterday about that) - so LONG day.

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday. Chat later, maybe.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:01 AM   #1797
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Today's Mini Mission:

Let's vacuum the floor in your living room/family room/den.

ohmypaper! likes this post.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:04 AM   #1798
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

We got snow overnight!

Old 01-28-2014, 04:23 AM   #1799

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Morning!

School cancelled here.

Snow is supposed to be coming and the belt of snow is to hit the middle of GA this time and not the north like usual. We shall see.

I am out of bread and a few other things. E couldn't go to dance last night so I didn't get my supplies. Thinking I should go out now but don't want to.

We spent 571.00 in propane for 5 weeks and we are just about out. I am scared to go to my front door and get the new bill, they just filled us up again.

Paula, UGH about the car accident. Keep us posted!!!!

Gotta run.....Seth is doing a few chores this morning, Going to put E on a few and I think I better dash to the store while the roads are still clear!

Hugs to all!
Old 01-28-2014, 04:23 AM   #1800

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

mini mission will definitely be attended to today!!!
Closed Thread