Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #361
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
It makes a big difference when I do.
it does...it really does. (I do the same...when I soften my tone...and keep my cool...it really does make a difference.)

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #362
ALWAYS has a P L A N

just hard to do when i"m not in tip top shape (like had a really bad day, grouchy, feel bad, etc), but I'm getting better at it. wish i'd learned it years ago.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #363
Die Cut Diva

I am a bit late on this bandwagon.....**bit out of breath running after you all**

my word for this year is Rejoice!

I am not sure if anyone has it but I feel this word embodies all that I want to achieve this year.
  1. Rejoice in the life that I now lead - live in the present not the past or future
  2. Rejoice in joy that I had wonderful parents who I treasured while they were alive, but I now I have to focus on point 1.
  3. Rejoice in my health, but know that up to now I have been blessed and I need to now focus on me
  4. Rejoice in the job that I have, that even though I B*&#h and moan that I really do enjoy it and I need to focus on not sweating the small stuff
  5. Rejoice in my abilities and talents - I am unique, I am a good person, I am a good friend, I am loyal and I am not perfect.
To Do List
  • Execise 3 times a week at home and 1 night of Zumba
  • 1 night a week in my craft room - building to more time at weekends
  • being present when I am with DH and family and Friends - focus on them and what we are doing and not worry about what has to be done elsewhere - living that moment
  • Fly - keep on top of keeping our home so that I can achieve the 3 bullet points above
  • Manage my reactions and emotions - become more aware of the impact my reactions and emotions have on others

**hmmm I thought about adding learning a new cookie recipe each month.... it might sneak up to the list above later in the year when no one is looking!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #364
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukie View Post
I am a bit late on this bandwagon.....**bit out of breath running after you all**

I am not sure if anyone has it but I feel this word embodies all that I want to achieve this year.
  1. Rejoice in the life that I now lead - live in the present not the past or future
  2. Rejoice in joy that I had wonderful parents who I treasured while they were alive, but I now I have to focus on point 1.
  3. Rejoice in my health, but know that up to now I have been blessed and I need to now focus on me
  4. Rejoice in the job that I have, that even though I B*&#h and moan that I really do enjoy it and I need to focus on not sweating the small stuff
  5. Rejoice in my abilities and talents - I am unique, I am a good person, I am a good friend, I am loyal and I am not perfect.
To Do List
  • being present when I am with DH and family and Friends - focus on them and what we are doing and not worry about what has to be done elsewhere - living that moment
  • Fly - keep on top of keeping our home so that I can achieve the 3 bullet points above
  • Manage my reactions and emotions - become more aware of the impact my reactions and emotions have on others

**hmmm I thought about adding learning a new cookie recipe each month.... it might sneak up to the list above later in the year when no one is looking!
Love this!!! My word is similar, Joy.

Also, your "we plan, God laughs" signature is cracking me up!!! Too true.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #365
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
LuvLee could give up recipe options since her word for 2013 is/was cookie!

Clutter is a result of delayed decisions. -Audrey Thomas
Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #366
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

To Do List

Hi!

The A-Team.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #367
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to stamplady_13

Quote:

To Do List

Welcome Jukie!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #368
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies,

Is it too late to join? I have not thought of a word quite yet though I have a few in mind.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 AM   #369
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Hi ladies,

Is it too late to join? I have not thought of a word quite yet though I have a few in mind.
Nope...not too late!

The A-Team.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:37 AM   #370
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to stamplady_13

Worked out 4x this week. I went to Boot Camp last night by mistake (was trying to go to Hip Hop Cardio but got mixed up on class times. Peeked in after my class..it looks a lot more fun!) Oh yeah, and then for some bizarre reason I decided to stay for Power Abs. I must have been crazy. All I can say is "OUCH".
Old 01-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #371
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamplady_13 View Post
Worked out 4x this week. I went to Boot Camp last night by mistake (was trying to go to Hip Hop Cardio but got mixed up on class times. Peeked in after my class..it looks a lot more fun!) Oh yeah, and then for some bizarre reason I decided to stay for Power Abs. I must have been crazy. All I can say is "OUCH".
Wow! You strong woman!

my SCS gallery
As long as you are capable of anger there are lessons to be learned
Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #372
Stazon Splitcoast

I think my word for the year is CHANGE. I know it sounds like our president but I'm not talking about the same things.

I need to CHANGE the way I look at things or my attitude - Basically, if it doesn't make me feel good or happy then I need to CHANGE it. This could be CHANGE who I associate with, what it does/doesn't do for me, when I do things, where it is, and how it looks or makes me feel.

I know this sounds all about me and I certainly do not mean for it to sound that way, but I am the only person who can judge the whos, whats, whens, wheres and hows in my life. I certainly will have input from people like dh, my dad and my children when it may effect them.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #373
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I think my word for the year is CHANGE. I know it sounds like our president but I'm not talking about the same things.

I need to CHANGE the way I look at things or my attitude - Basically, if it doesn't make me feel good or happy then I need to CHANGE it. This could be CHANGE who I associate with, what it does/doesn't do for me, when I do things, where it is, and how it looks or makes me feel.

I know this sounds all about me and I certainly do not mean for it to sound that way, but I am the only person who can judge the whos, whats, whens, wheres and hows in my life. I certainly will have input from people like dh, my dad and my children when it may effect them.
All of our words are all about us, it's what we feel we need to make life go better for us. Welcome to the thread. It's a good word

my SCS gallery
Old 01-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #374
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
All of our words are all about us, it's what we feel we need to make life go better for us. Welcome to the thread. It's a good word
Thank you. Now I guess I need to start working on my goals and get them posted on here as well. Sounds like a task for the day.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #375
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Another week of practicing my word DO:

3 unexpected cards made AND mailed without procraftination
1 bday card in the mail....VERY close to not being late...it's going to MN and it seems to take longer to get there

A birthday cake made with homemade frosting (something I really had to put my feelings aside and just DO)

volunteer work
Old 01-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #376
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post
Another week of practicing my word DO:

3 unexpected cards made AND mailed without procraftination
1 bday card in the mail....VERY close to not being late...it's going to MN and it seems to take longer to get there

A birthday cake made with homemade frosting (something I really had to put my feelings aside and just DO)

volunteer work
Good job Angie.

my SCS gallery
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #377
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I finally got my goals list completed. I have to give credit to some other ladies on here as I did model it after some of them - you'll probably know who you are but THANK YOU!

I think there may be someone else who has also chosen my word but I chose CHANGE. I think this word says all that I need to achieve this year.

1. CHANGE my habits to more healthy ones. I know I need to lose some weight but find it hard to do without exercise. So I am going to challenge myself to exercise 10 minutes, two times a day several days a week. I think this is obtainable.
2. CHANGE my way of thinking about food as well. I also need to CHANGE the fact that we eat out WAAAAYYYYY too much so I need to start cooking at home more.
3. CHANGE my attitude about myself. I am a good person. I am unique, I am a hard worker. I am loyal. I care about others. I deserve to be treated with respect. I should not have to basically beg for help when I need it.
4. CHANGE the way I take care of my home – make a routine and stick to it. I have so much that needs to be de-cluttered and organized that I get that overwhelmed feeling. I should not have to do it all by myself, others live here too.
5. CHANGE some of the people I allow into my life. There are those who mean us harm or at least are not good for us. I need to let those kinds of relationships out of my life.
6. CHANGE the way I do things. Quit starting things and not finishing them. If it was important enough to start it is also important enough to finish.

To Do List
• Exercise 10 minutes two times a day several days per week.
• Cook at home 3 nights per week to start with and move to only going out on special occasions. It has gotten where I could care less about where we go for dinner because it just isn’t special any more.
• Come up with a group of dinner recipes and menus to choose from and make sure I have, on hand, the items needed to make them so we can eat more at home.
• Spend more time each day working on the de-cluttering and organizing of my home
• Manage my reactions and emotions and the effect I allow others to have on me and my way of thinking.

One last thing - Spend some time each week finishing projects I have started. Again, if it was important enough to start, it is also important enough to finish.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #378
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Well I finally got my goals list completed. I have to give credit to some other ladies on here as I did model it after some of them - you'll probably know who you are but THANK YOU!

I think there may be someone else who has also chosen my word but I chose CHANGE. I think this word says all that I need to achieve this year.

1. CHANGE my habits to more healthy ones. I know I need to lose some weight but find it hard to do without exercise. So I am going to challenge myself to exercise 10 minutes, two times a day several days a week. I think this is obtainable.
2. CHANGE my way of thinking about food as well. I also need to CHANGE the fact that we eat out WAAAAYYYYY too much so I need to start cooking at home more.
3. CHANGE my attitude about myself. I am a good person. I am unique, I am a hard worker. I am loyal. I care about others. I deserve to be treated with respect. I should not have to basically beg for help when I need it.
4. CHANGE the way I take care of my home – make a routine and stick to it. I have so much that needs to be de-cluttered and organized that I get that overwhelmed feeling. I should not have to do it all by myself, others live here too.
5. CHANGE some of the people I allow into my life. There are those who mean us harm or at least are not good for us. I need to let those kinds of relationships out of my life.
6. CHANGE the way I do things. Quit starting things and not finishing them. If it was important enough to start it is also important enough to finish.

To Do List
• Cook at home 3 nights per week to start with and move to only going out on special occasions. It has gotten where I could care less about where we go for dinner because it just isn’t special any more.
• Come up with a group of dinner recipes and menus to choose from and make sure I have, on hand, the items needed to make them so we can eat more at home.
• Spend more time each day working on the de-cluttering and organizing of my home
• Manage my reactions and emotions and the effect I allow others to have on me and my way of thinking.

One last thing - Spend some time each week finishing projects I have started. Again, if it was important enough to start, it is also important enough to finish.
Sounds wonderful.

my SCS gallery
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #379
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Is there a Feb challenge?

Old 02-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #380
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Yes. Im out taking care of bizness. Will put up something fun. Hold ya horses. Im coming. Oop . That didnt sound right. Im on the droid.

The A-Team.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #381
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #382
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Calling all A-Team members...CHECK IN CHECK IN!

i'm gonna toss like MAD WOMAN on a mission - Feb 2013

NOTE: we will leave this thread unlocked, as we will be updating periodically. And you should review & update your plans / goals as necessary. No worries, I will remind you if you forget.

The A-Team.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #383
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

To Do List
• Cook at home 3 nights per week to start with and move to only going out on special occasions. It has gotten where I could care less about where we go for dinner because it just isn’t special any more.• Come up with a group of dinner recipes and menus to choose from and make sure I have, on hand, the items needed to make them so we can eat more at home.
•
Fly - keep on top of keeping our home so that I can achieve the 3 bullet points above

Well as you can see I have been doing some better -

I have actually gotten a group of recipes for our menues and have actually cooked so that we have only gone out to eat 2-3 times over the last 2 weeks.

I have gone through coats and some other things and gotten them ready to go to Goodwill as well as 80+ books to take to the used book store for credit. They will be leaving tomorrow and I can't wait to be rid of them.

I still have a ways to go but am glad to have this much on the way.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #384

Progress is ongoing on my word DO.
In Feb I said YES to being interviewed for something. It was very hard to say yes but I felt it was part of my DO so I said yes. I am sure it was terrible! I was a nervous wreck but that doesn't really matter. I was supposed to DO and I did!

March: Said yes to an ongoing position. I am not horrible at it but it is UNCOMFORTABLE. Again, part of the DO. I can see the "why" I was supposed to step out and DO though and that is cool even if it is uncomfortable.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:34 AM   #385

Quote:
Progress is ongoing on my word DO.
In Feb I said YES to being interviewed for something. It was very hard to say yes but I felt it was part of my DO so I said yes. I am sure it was terrible! I was a nervous wreck but that doesn't really matter. I was supposed to DO and I did!

March: Said yes to an ongoing position. I am not horrible at it but it is UNCOMFORTABLE. Again, part of the DO. I can see the "why" I was supposed to step out and DO though and that is cool even if it is uncomfortable.
I just started reading Daring Greatly by Brene Brown. It's about vulnerability. I'm not very far in, but she talks about how you have to allow yourself to be vulnerable in order to feel anything really. And the title comes from a speech Theodore Roosevelt gave about it's not the critics that matter or the people on the sidelines, but the man in the arena daring greatly. So GOOD FOR YOU for getting in that arena!
Gallery Blog
Old 03-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #386

Quote:
I just started reading Daring Greatly by Brene Brown. It's about vulnerability. I'm not very far in, but she talks about how you have to allow yourself to be vulnerable in order to feel anything really. And the title comes from a speech Theodore Roosevelt gave about it's not the critics that matter or the people on the sidelines, but the man in the arena daring greatly. So GOOD FOR YOU for getting in that arena!
Thanks!!! Sounds like a good book!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #387

Quote:
Thanks!!! Sounds like a good book!
It already is. And I LOVED her other book The Gifts of Imperfection. The subtitle is something along the lines of Letting Go of Who You Think You Should Be and Accepting Who You Are. I read it in a day.
Gallery Blog
Old 03-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #388

Quote:
It already is. And I LOVED her other book The Gifts of Imperfection. The subtitle is something along the lines of Letting Go of Who You Think You Should Be and Accepting Who You Are. I read it in a day.
Oh wow! I LIKE the book just by that title.... Accepting who you are!