Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 03:42 AM   #121
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
A silly thing-- a fork with a messed up time got tossed tonight. Why have we kept it????

I have also found my next organizing project. But not tonight!
I think if you had a fork with time you should have figured out how to make some money on it...I have never see a fork with time!

We have a bent fork tine that we consider a "special" fork...not sure how it got twisted as it is because I don't have a garbage disposal...but it is bent as if it spent a second in one!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:49 AM   #122
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
I think if you had a fork with time you should have figured out how to make some money on it...I have never see a fork with time!

We have a bent fork tine that we consider a "special" fork...not sure how it got twisted as it is because I don't have a garbage disposal...but it is bent as if it spent a second in one!

My "special" fork is now gone!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:27 AM   #123
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewinkle View Post
Thanks for the inspiration. I've been doing pretty good. It helps me to listen to a book on tape while I declutter, the time flies!

I took two loads of stuff back to stores, gone!
I donated a whole box of stuff to a charity that came by-gone!
I have a bag in the van for Sunday when I see a friend who runs a boys ranch-almost gone!
I cleaned off 1/2 of my dresser. Tomorrow the other half!~ maybe I'll list more on ebay....
WOW you're moving right along!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #124
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm going to finish up my laundry room shelves today. Some sheets and the like will be leaving one way or another in the very near future. I'm going to offer them and some towels to ds & dd2 before I send them out to Goodwill or the women's shelter.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 AM   #125
Rubber Obsessor

I shifted some things around and cleared off the top of a big bookshelf. Just two decorations up there and I might find somewhere else for those yet. Couple more things to clean up on there but coming along. I am tossing a cloudy snowglobe today too.

Not sure what else I'll tackle yet. I did my 15 and can call it done.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #126
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

TODAY'S MISSION:

As I said before, clutter comes in many forms. We've been dealing with physical clutter and for the most part, is easy to toss...I mean...it goes OUT.

So...how do you toss the mental clutter. How do you silence that negative voice in your head?

I think the first & most important step is STOP! Recognize it's negative & STOP! Think.

Then what...how do you keep it from coming back?

How do you declutter mental clutter?

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #127
Rubber Obsessor

One thing that helps me when I remember to do it is a Gratitude list. Even if I can just be grateful for my house and air to breathe. I just read a blog post about that yesterday if you can list 10 things you can really shift your mood and if you keep doing it even better. I used to keep a list with my oldest when he was younger we might start doing that again.

I don't know if that really helps clear out the clutter. It can help when I see myself spiraling down into the dark places. I think of FLYlady too and Finally Loving Yourself.

I could hang up sticky notes around the house too with positive messages to myself and reminders.

Looking forward to hearing other ideas too.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #128
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooooh, I heard something on the radio ( on my drive into town which can bring on negative thoughts , as I get grumpy about how far out we live!) yesterday about this. They said to think of negative thoughts like a channel on the tv. Don't try and turn it off, but just change the channel! Don't dwell on negative but find something positive to dwell on.

I see his as meaning don't dwell on my negative aspects but dwell on my positive. I find the more I focus on the positive , the more positive there is to focus on. KWIM? And perhaps by focusing on positive I can improve my negative.

100 creations in 100 days 33/100
This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #129
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
Ooooh, I heard something on the radio ( on my drive into town which can bring on negative thoughts , as I get grumpy about how far out we live!) yesterday about this. They said to think of negative thoughts like a channel on the tv. Don't try and turn it off, but just change the channel! Don't dwell on negative but find something positive to dwell on.

I see his as meaning don't dwell on my negative aspects but dwell on my positive. I find the more I focus on the positive , the more positive there is to focus on. KWIM? And perhaps by focusing on positive I can improve my negative.
Yes, i had heard this long ago and used it as a strategy too, way back when. I had forgotten about this technique.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #130
ALWAYS has a P L A N

I LOVE the change the channel concept! that IS brilliant. first I"ve heard of it.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #131
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
I LOVE the change the channel concept! that IS brilliant. first I"ve heard of it.
Ditto!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #132
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
TODAY'S MISSION:

As I said before, clutter comes in many forms. We've been dealing with physical clutter and for the most part, is easy to toss...I mean...it goes OUT.

So...how do you toss the mental clutter. How do you silence that negative voice in your head?

I think the first & most important step is STOP! Recognize it's negative & STOP! Think.

Then what...how do you keep it from coming back?

How do you declutter mental clutter?
I work on this daily. I have a friend who is constantly reminding me when I say things that are bad self talk. I have found that I stop and think about it when I catch myself saying things.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #133
Stazon Splitcoast

I got one shelf in my laundry room decluttered. Keep in mind that shelf is 12' plus another 4' long. Now on to the frig and then the pantry. Sometimes I wish we had trash pick-up more often than one time a week or earlier in the week. My garbage can is nearly full already and now I'm going to adding more. Our pick up isn't until Thursday. Oh well, it'll just be a full can for sure this week.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #134
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
I got one shelf in my laundry room decluttered. Keep in mind that shelf is 12' plus another 4' long. Now on to the frig and then the pantry. Sometimes I wish we had trash pick-up more often than one time a week or earlier in the week. My garbage can is nearly full already and now I'm going to adding more. Our pick up isn't until Thursday. Oh well, it'll just be a full can for sure this week.
I hear you on the trash. We just changed to a new pick up with one can. We have to recycle like mad or our can would be overfilled every week.

I think I might be able to get into that craftroom closet here pretty soon. My son is sitting right in front of the door on the computer. He is kea inh for his friends soon.

Good job on the clean up!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #135
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm working on a list in each room of what I would like to change (I've lived in this house for 17-years and some items have been in the same place for that long...)

Not convinced I want to toss what I change...some may only get rearranged from one room to another...and the list won't all happen in February.

The list will go into my CJ for the different zones...I do like how FlyLady works the zones each month...
Old 02-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #136
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightdays View Post
I hear you on the trash. We just changed to a new pick up with one can. We have to recycle like mad or our can would be overfilled every week.

I think I might be able to get into that craftroom closet here pretty soon. My son is sitting right in front of the door on the computer. He is kea inh for his friends soon.

Good job on the clean up!
I got the frig cleaned out - I found some salad dressing that expired in 2006 - OMG! I sent a garbage bag full of stuff out to the can. DH said "Honey, the garbage can is almost full. I don't think it will hold much of anything else." I told him that I hated it but more was going to go in it on Wednesday night when it goes to the street. I plan to get the pantry cleaned out this weekend. Fortunately, our back porch is closed in, sort of, so I'll just put that/those bag/s out there until Wednesday night.

I hope you have gotten to get into your craftroom soon. I do have to ask what "He is kea inh for his friends soon" is.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #137
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm working on a list in each room of what I would like to change (I've lived in this house for 17-years and some items have been in the same place for that long...)

Not convinced I want to toss what I change...some may only get rearranged from one room to another...and the list won't all happen in February.

The list will go into my CJ for the different zones...I do like how FlyLady works the zones each month...
I've so got to work on that kind of list as well. I also need to find the time to go to FlyLady and really read the blog. I would say that changing your rooms around does not necessarily mean you need to toss anything. I have only tossed the things I know have no real use. Other things I have given to goodwill or to someone who would use them since I'm not. If it was broken or the use was all used up or out of date, that kind of thing,that is what I tossed.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #138
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
I got the frig cleaned out - I found some salad dressing that expired in 2006 - OMG! I sent a garbage bag full of stuff out to the can. DH said "Honey, the garbage can is almost full. I don't think it will hold much of anything else." I told him that I hated it but more was going to go in it on Wednesday night when it goes to the street. I plan to get the pantry cleaned out this weekend. Fortunately, our back porch is closed in, sort of, so I'll just put that/those bag/s out there until Wednesday night.

I hope you have gotten to get into your craftroom soon. I do have to ask what "He is kea inh for his friends soon" is.
LOL on the salad dressing!

I don't blame you...go ahead & put the trash on the back porch until Wed night.

We share a dumpster with three other families in the neighborhood...it's really great.

Can you take a bag of garbage to work & put in it the work dumpster?

And yeah...I wanna know what "He is kea inh for his friends soon." means, too.

The A-Team.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #139
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Yesterday morning before work I decluttered behind the door on the desk hutch. It had some blank CDs, DVD-R, DVD + R, CD-RW, CD-Music......had no use for the Music CD or the DVDs since I quit scouts...and I don't use CDs anymore. I thought I would take them to work...but I got stressed out and was dividing them up...to keep some and take some to work...then I thought put them all in the shop, if I don't use them in a year....then I thought...MELISSA! just take them to Goodwill! I think I will. All of them. If I must need some @ a later date, I'm sure I'll be able to get some. They been in there for several years...unused.

Those are going to Goodwill with the hair products. I was going to take them today; but forgot to bring home a box last night. I remembered the box today...so I will box 'em up and make my tax deduction list.

The A-Team.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #140
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

i think it is supposed to say he is LEAVING for his friends soon. fingers on the wrong keys.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #141
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
LOL on the salad dressing!

I don't blame you...go ahead & put the trash on the back porch until Wed night.

We share a dumpster with three other families in the neighborhood...it's really great.

Can you take a bag of garbage to work & put in it the work dumpster?

And yeah...I wanna know what "He is kea inh for his friends soon." means, too.
Well it's basically done! WOO HOO!!!!! I have room in there again. I wish we had a dumpster but then everyone in the neighborhood would probably want to share and no one would want to chip in. My next door neighboor (NDN) has lived there long before I moved here (we live in the house dh's parents built in 1960). DH allowed NDN to use his garbage can before we moved in. In the last 5+/- years she's cut back on it but she never offered to chip in on any of the cost or even take it down to the street or back up. It got a bit frustrating when I'd think I had plenty of room to find out it was full when I'd take garbage out. Fortunately, she doesn't do it any more.

DH & I neither work at a place where we can use the dumpster. Wish we could. There have been a few times when I have asked friends who work at places where dumpsters were out back if I could put larger things in them.

I have decluttered/organized/purged my pantry and since I broke down boxes I only have 2 bags of garbage to store for a few days. I still have some plastic bottles of drinks I need to dispose of. I'll pour the contents out and then crunch them up. I may even save the bottles for recycling. I really should recycle more than I do and feel guilty for not. I suppose I would recycle more if I had a proper place to store it until I took it off. We do not have curbeside recycling.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #142
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
i think it is supposed to say he is LEAVING for his friends soon. fingers on the wrong keys.
That makes more since. I have done that on many occassions. Hope he has a good time with his friends and allows you to get to what you need to do as well.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #143
Proud Fan Club Member

while you all have been productive we have had a very lazy Saturday. stayed in jammies til almost noon. DH went shopping so i didn't even go out the door.

tried a new hairdo cuz DD bought me a bun thingee to make a nice neat bun. I laughed b/c i used to use these things when i was a teen and they are making a come back. DH said I like your hair like that.

I have stamped six cards today. Took a bit of time b/c they were for the SNSS release party and had requirements...i like how they all turned out and it gives me several cards towards my goal. I really do need to make some more birthday cards. i keep remembering birthdays that didn't transfer over to my google calendar.

had waffles and eggs for breakfast, heated up some leftover chicken feet broth soup for lunch that i had made a big pot of the other day. i sent a quart over to some shut ins from our meeting. they are late eighties and have been fighting the flu for a couple of months now.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:04 AM   #144
ALWAYS has a P L A N

update on my decluttering adventures.

Quote:
February DECLUTTER

1 - IDK.
2 - one bathroom shelf / hair products to donated
3 - email, inbox AND junk box...really. I need to do this daily so it doesn't become a task.
4 - newly vacated office @ work. (on Monday)
5 - organize an audit someone else tried to start
6 - organize audit divider & binder supplies
7 - box up the old audits (of this particular client) for storage
8 - storage cube on desk hutch (blank CDs & DVDs, etc)
9 - box up a second audit & request boss order more boxes for audit storage
10 - Goodwill list & box; two shelves in bathroom closet

The A-Team.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #145
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Zone 3 Laundry Room

1) p/a "orange" vests from boys playing in the woods this past week .
2) p/a rags used this past week cleaning up snow puddles on floor.
3) p/a my shoes that are on the floor!
4) shake rugs
5) w/d /p rugs
6) vacuum floor
7) dust top of dryer
color coordinate hangers
9) stack egg cartons for return
10) wipe out sink
11) straighten pantry shelves
12) inventory food on pantry shelves
13) organize mittens/scarves that hangs on back of door
14) organize Aldi-bags
15) have Pink Snuggles clean out dog food cabinet

Nothing is very time consuming...this area is my focus for the morning.

Last edited by kramomma; 02-11-2013 at 09:24 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #146
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
1) p/a "orange" vests from boys playing in the woods this past week.2) p/a rags used this past week cleaning up snow puddles on floor.
4) shake rugs
5) w/d/p rugs
6) vacuum floor
7) dust top of dryer
color coordinate hangers
10) wipe out sink
14) organize Aldi-bags

Sounds like you've got yourself a list. That's a great start as far as I'm concerned.

Hope you have a great day.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #147
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
1) p/a "orange" vests from boys playing in the woods this past week .
2) p/a rags used this past week cleaning up snow puddles on floor.
4) shake rugs
5) w/d /p rugs
6) vacuum floor
7) dust top of dryer
color coordinate hangers
10) wipe out sink
14) organize Aldi-bags

Also...I vacuumed wood shavings that must have been there for 12 years (that's how long ago the laundry room was remodeled and the guy didn't vacuum his shavings...and obviously something has been in that cabinet such that I couldn't see it!)

That cabinet now is 1/2 empty and I don't know why...

p/a toddler seat where it really belonged
vacuumed laundry baskets that set in front of washer
rearranged coats on hooks above shoe/boot rack
p/a my spring coat!

Since I didn't do the kitchen zone last week I decided to putz in there also...am heating down crystallized honey...I buy it "raw" in 1/2 gallon jars locally but for some reason this year it is crystallizing...it is a slow, time consuming process to heat it down.

Found a different place to store it where the honey won't get so cold.

Rearranged the Tupperware cupboard, putting away extra containers that I use only as freezer containers for cookies in the fall/early winter.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #148
ALWAYS has a P L A N

I had the urge to purge. So, I looked up how long I had to keep these CPE books. FIVE years. And nope...none less than five.

I have a big urge to purge. It's like an itch ya can't scratch.

augh.

The A-Team.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #149
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I had the urge to purge. So, I looked up how long I had to keep these CPE books. FIVE years. And nope...none less than five.

I have a big urge to purge. It's like an itch ya can't scratch.

augh.
come on over! which reminds me, i better do that mini before i stamp. 5 minutes in the laundry room. got the other half covered already.

tossed a cami that is too short.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #150
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Update.

Quote:
February DECLUTTER

1 - IDK.
2 - one bathroom shelf / hair products to donated
3 - email, inbox AND junk box...really. I need to do this daily so it doesn't become a task.
4 - newly vacated office @ work. (on Monday)
5 - organize an audit someone else tried to start
6 - organize audit divider & binder supplies
7 - box up the old audits (of this particular client) for storage
8 - storage cube on desk hutch (blank CDs & DVDs, etc)
9 - box up a second audit & request boss order more boxes for audit storage
10 - Goodwill list & box; two shelves in bathroom closet; laundry room closet (this & that)
11 - bathroom drawer #1; trash crap out of my truck. Ya know...if I do it NOW, I won't have so much crap to get out later. Like if I do it...it won't become a chore.
12 - WATER. That's the plan.

The A-Team.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:29 AM   #151
Stazon Splitcoast

On the other thread we were asked what we were going to do with out or what we were going to do for Lent. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do without so I chose a Do. I am going to spend at least 15 minutes every day in my craft cave cleaning, decluttering, purging and organizing. - MOSTLY decluttering and purging. I have basically gone through everything and put it into catagories (actually in boxes with tags on them or on shelves with the same). Now I need to go through each of those and decide what I'm going to keep and put I want to get rid of. I have already thrown away the true trash of it all so what I don't want will be put aside for a later crafty day yard sale kind of thing.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #152
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Thumbs up

Quote:
On the other thread we were asked what we were going to do with out or what we were going to do for Lent. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do without so I chose a Do. I am going to spend at least 15 minutes every day in my craft cave cleaning, decluttering, purging and organizing. - MOSTLY decluttering and purging. I have basically gone through everything and put it into catagories (actually in boxes with tags on them or on shelves with the same). Now I need to go through each of those and decide what I'm going to keep and put I want to get rid of. I have already thrown away the true trash of it all so what I don't want will be put aside for a later crafty day yard sale kind of thing.
Sounds like a good plan!

The A-Team.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

DH complained about the things on the shelves in two of the closets in our bedroom. We have the doors off of them and use them for a dresser and a TV. His dad built the house and the back two bedrooms have 2 closets on 1 wall and a walk-through on another. I cleaned off those 2 shelves and put everything on the bed in the guest room. Last night I went through the basket and 2 small boxes that had things of mine. I was able to purge them down to just a handfull of items. Most of it was tossed away. HEY FOR ME!!!

I did leave the rest for dh to go through. My hope is he will get to it tomorrow since he will be off work.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #154
Stazon Splitcoast

In my craft cave -

A year or so ago I sorted a lot of things by scrapbook into large ziploc type bags. I put the names on each bag so as I found things I might use for that scrapbook I could put them in it for safekeeping. I also thought it would make it easier for me to go to crops - grab the bag for the book I was going to work on and I would have to take less things with me.

Well I have done nothing with them since then until now - I'm going to go through my embellies, etc boxes and put the things I'll use into the bags, keep the few other things I might use and leave the rest to be gotten rid of at another time. I think it will work for me.

How is everyone else's decluttering going?
Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #155
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Pretty good...not much done this week...but I've been working on my craft supplies Sat night & again today. I see progress! I now have room for scrapbooks, so I can buy the couple more I need. I re-did my CS storage...paper size & the 12 x 12. I may be getting rid of these...as I felt awfully silly...like it was a waste of time. IDK. I ddi start scrapping some pictures I had from 2006 that were in a photo box! so that's big progress. I put away some things...and pulled some things out to just give away...they aren't even going to the shop box to hold for a year. gone. i need to update my list.

The A-Team.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #156
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Pretty good...not much done this week...but I've been working on my craft supplies Sat night & again today. I see progress! I now have room for scrapbooks, so I can buy the couple more I need. I re-did my CS storage...paper size & the 12 x 12. I may be getting rid of these...as I felt awfully silly...like it was a waste of time. IDK. I ddi start scrapping some pictures I had from 2006 that were in a photo box! so that's big progress. I put away some things...and pulled some things out to just give away...they aren't even going to the shop box to hold for a year. gone. i need to update my list.
raising my eyebrows....you did well!!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #157
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
DH complained about the things on the shelves in two of the closets in our bedroom. We have the doors off of them and use them for a dresser and a TV. His dad built the house and the back two bedrooms have 2 closets on 1 wall and a walk-through on another. I cleaned off those 2 shelves and put everything on the bed in the guest room. Last night I went through the basket and 2 small boxes that had things of mine. I was able to purge them down to just a handfull of items. Most of it was tossed away. HEY FOR ME!!!

I did leave the rest for dh to go through. My hope is he will get to it tomorrow since he will be off work.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #158
Stazon Splitcoast

I figured out last night that I need to further divide my embellies box into sub catagories. It is too overwhelming for me to go through it as it is. So I'll be doing that today, I hope.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #159
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

We went through the boys' pants again over the weekend. They have taken a growth spurt again & the pants that were long enough at the beginning of Fall are now high waters. Most of Devin's pants were put away for Dylan to wear when he can wear them, Dylan's items were put in a pile to pass on to a family from church.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #160
Stazon Splitcoast

The month of February is nearly over, today is the 23rd and it's almost midnight. PLEASE tell me that we will continue this thread next month as well. I so need this thread. You guys have helped me to keep going in so many ways.