Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #41
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Well today was a bust for me. After spending so long at the college teaching that class I felt like poo when I got home. Then dh wanted to go to town and have dinner and get fuel for the car. And I'd set a goal of finishing a book today. Then fell asleep (have been up since 6:30am) now I'm awake but think I'll go to bed and try it tomorrow. I will absolutely spend at least 15 minutes decluttering.
I think you've done good too. It's not all decluttering physical stuff. It's also knowing when you've reached your limit for the day & saying...just let it be.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:43 AM   #42
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Default MISSION!

Inspired by mrslaird and it's something I need to do.

DECLUTTER YOUR VEHICLE! Take out the trash. Bring in the stuff that comes in...and make plans to drop off the stuff that may be living in your vehicle...like the stuff you are donating.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #43
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
What a GREAT job! You should be so proud of yourself.
n I am!! Gives me incentive KWIM?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #44
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Well today was a bust for me. After spending so long at the college teaching that class I felt like poo when I got home. Then dh wanted to go to town and have dinner and get fuel for the car. And I'd set a goal of finishing a book today. Then fell asleep (have been up since 6:30am) now I'm awake but think I'll go to bed and try it tomorrow. I will absolutely spend at least 15 minutes decluttering.
Hop you hav a old night test and wake up refreshed. You hd a lot going on his eek and e member even I you toss bottle caps, twist ties , it all counts
Old 02-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #45
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
ah the linen closet!! Why was i hiding all that stuff in there, why was it on shelves that did not work for me. i could never reach the kleenex boxes on the top shelf, left it that way for twenty five years. oy!!

There was never room for the toilet paper and it would just get shoved all wonky onto the floor level, it didn't work but that's the way it was.

I tossed or have ready to go to Salvation Army- and Goodwill. Bar Soaps, Deodorants, pillow cases, bandaids, shaving creams, candles (we don't even like to burn candles) Scentsy Scents (for DD) she likes them, we do not! Toilet brush looks brand new, i don't like the shape of it, dish cloths, dish towels. Well because of the stack of new dish towels i found in there, then i went into the kitchen and cleaned the linen drawer in there. Threw out all those stained and nasty hand towels, dish towels, etc. and whatever else was hiding in THAT drawer and put the nice pretty new ones in there. They had already been laundered but never used. they got stuffed under other towels. I found a brand new sheet set queen bed, i have no idea how that got there, it is 60% poly and we have been using 100% cotton for as long as i can remember. it looks cheap. it's still boxed up,says $59.00 on it but i don't think i would have spent that. DH loves the cleaned up look. Likes the kleenex boxes where I can reach them, (i don't have to call him to get them down for me.) Also getting rid of sanitary pads of all sizes and tampons. I kept a few in case we have company and there is an emergency but i don't need 48 of em. All in all, it looks great, i'm surprised what all came out of there. i am happy happy happy
What a beautiful picture! Keep up the good work.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #46
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Decluttering while folding laundry. Tossing a shirt that always slips down and shows my bra and a bunch of old white socks that didn't pair up.

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #47
Gallery Gazer

Count me in! I decluttered loads when I moved down here because I knew I was downsizing. I will be downsizing again when I move in late fall so more must go. I did get rid of most of my old quilting magazines last week at quilt show time for more to go. I've been saying for years I need to learn how to do e-bay. Not sure why it scares me so much....I need to get over that because the $'s would sure help also. Maybe my fear is no one will bid on anything I post and that would be confirmation that what I have really is just junk!

Suzanne
Old 02-03-2013, 06:00 AM   #48
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha ha, just read my post to Donna, I really don't type well with surgical gloves on.

Also decluttered this a.m. The bottom half of the fridge. The turkey thawed and ran all over the bottom shelf and under the crisper drawers. It sure does look nice in there now. Gotta go, we leave for meeting in forty min. And I am still in Jammie's, uncombed.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post

DECLUTTER YOUR VEHICLE! Take out the trash. Bring in the stuff that comes in...and make plans to drop off the stuff that may be living in your vehicle...like the stuff you are donating.
WOO HOO!!! I have this one all wrapped up. I rarely have things in my car that are not necessary so it does not look lived in like dh's does. I am, however, going to be adding some things to it in the next few days to take away. YEAH!!! Now I can work on yesterday's mission.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think you've done good too. It's not all decluttering physical stuff. It's also knowing when you've reached your limit for the day & saying...just let it be.
Thank you Melissa. I needed that affirmation this week.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:16 AM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
Ha ha, just read my post to Donna, I really don't type well with surgical gloves on.

Also decluttered this a.m. The bottom half of the fridge. The turkey thawed and ran all over the bottom shelf and under the crisper drawers. It sure does look nice in there now. Gotta go, we leave for meeting in forty min. And I am still in Jammie's, uncombed.
I giggled about it when I saw it but oddly enough I was able to read what you were trying to say. So maybe my brain works on surgical gloves as well. LOL
Old 02-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingkwilter View Post
Count me in! I decluttered loads when I moved down here because I knew I was downsizing. I will be downsizing again when I move in late fall so more must go. I did get rid of most of my old quilting magazines last week at quilt show time for more to go. I've been saying for years I need to learn how to do e-bay. Not sure why it scares me so much....I need to get over that because the $'s would sure help also. Maybe my fear is no one will bid on anything I post and that would be confirmation that what I have really is just junk!

Suzanne
Hi Suzanne. I understand what you're saying about the confirmation of it being junk. But think about it this way. You knew you were going to get rid of it anyway. Post it on e-bay (I promise it isn't as hard as it sounds. I was quite scared of it myself but I am able to do it and so can you). Decide what you're going to do with it before you post it, if it doesn't sell then do what you decided. The extra $'s are just that. I have some things I need to post and have decided if they do not sell I am going to take them to GoodWill or Salvation Army but they are leaving the house. The only advise I would share about ebay is make sure how much your items weigh and the postage before you post them. The first time I sold things on ebay I did not do that and wound up barely breaking even because of postage. If you have magazines or books you'd like to sell you can use media rates which are the cheapest, though they take a few extra days. You can weigh your items and go to the US Postal service website to see how to price the postage.

Good luck!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

So today I will be spending my 15 minutes on the hall closet to clear out some coats and, if the hubs will get up I will work on the hall closet. It is waaaayyyy full and I don't want it to come crashing down and wake him up.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #54
Rubber Obsessor

Everyone has been keeping busy. Way to go!!!!

I got 15 done in that room again - Legos sorted out, yarn put away, and a few things taken out of the space.

I also did some decluttering in the kitchen. Lots of just putting things away.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

I have gotten my coats in the coat closet gone through. I will have to wait for dh to get up to go through his. I already have a bag started for the coats I'm getting rid of. WOO HOO!!!

Sounds like everyone else is busy as well. Maybe I'll accomplish my goal this year afterall. A big part was to declutter my house one room or area at a time.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast

The vehicle is Brent's domain! Especially on cold days like today! I will mention to him to bring in any extras that are left in there.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #57
Proud Fan Club Member

Vehicle got done last we'd. Yay for minis that r already done
Old 02-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #58
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

This is taken care of every time we get out of the vehicle. And most weeks it gets vacuumed out & the inside wiped down.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

Today I went through our coats and found that we had 10+ that we did not need, could not wear, or did not wear. I will take them and the cat thing to Goodwill when I go to teach the class tomorrow night.

I also went through the book shelves in our livingroom and got 30+ books out of them to take to our local used book store for credit on new to me books. I still have another couple of bookshelves to go through to go through to get them all out. I'd like to make the bookstore run on Thursday, we'll see how that goes. It is actually 35 miles away so will be a special trip with that I like to make it worth my while.

Maybe this week I'll get through the shelves in my laundryroom. I bought a vacuum-type bag for some curtains. If it works well I have a couple of other things I'll put into them as well.

Then I need to go through 1 more clothes closet and 3 1/2 more with stuff in it them all the closets will be done.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #60
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I have gotten my coats in the coat closet gone through. I will have to wait for dh to get up to go through his. I already have a bag started for the coats I'm getting rid of. WOO HOO!!!

Sounds like everyone else is busy as well. Maybe I'll accomplish my goal this year afterall. A big part was to declutter my house one room or area at a time.
Has your DH thought you lost your mind yet? Glad to see he is participating...

I am learning to not buy that which I don't need...just because it is a good deal I've learned it isn't a good deal if it takes up space I don't have to spare!

I've also learned to not buy "trendy" (in all areas of life) as basics don't go out of style! I actually have money in savings AND it isn't burning a hole in my pocket...

E-bay scares me too...but I found a friend that isn't afraid...and I was able to recoup some pennies for the dollars I had spent over the years on craft items...

Clothes, knic-knaks, and dishes get donated to the local thrift store...
Old 02-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #61
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Default MISSION! I'MPOSSIBLE.

For today, in the kitchen...ready, set, go!

Come back and let us know how it goes!

The A-Team.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #62
ALWAYS has a P L A N

February DECLUTTER

1 - IDK.
2 - one bathroom shelf / hair products to donated
3 - email, inbox AND junk box...really. I need to do this daily so it doesn't become a task.
4 - newly vacated office @ work. (on Monday)
5 - organize an audit someone else tried to start
6 - organize audit divider & binder supplies
7 - box up the old audits (of this particular client) for storage
8 - storage cube on desk hutch (blank CDs & DVDs, etc)
9 - box up a second audit & request boss order more boxes for audit storage
10 - Goodwill list & box; two shelves in bathroom closet; laundry room closet (this & that)
11 - bathroom drawer #1; learned I have to keep CPE books for five years ; got the trash out of my truck.
16 - reorganize 8.5 x 11 CS. Planning to cut it in half mid-year...cuz these's NO way I will use two file totes full of CS. It's all in alpha order with a label on one sheet for color name.
17 - reorganize 12 x 12 CS. Alpha order with a label on one sheet for color name; pulled some Christmas rub-ons & stickers for goodwill; went through thickers & letter sticker sheets; organized new SC collections; worked on the SC kits; mounted the Web Wishes bare rubber, tosssed the blocks & clamshell case, put in DVD case, made label & filed way.

The A-Team.

Last edited by mollymoo951; 02-17-2013 at 05:06 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 AM   #63
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post

I am learning to not buy that which I don't need...just because it is a good deal I've learned it isn't a good deal if it takes up space I don't have to spare!

I've also learned to not buy "trendy" (in all areas of life) as basics don't go out of style! I actually have money in savings AND it isn't burning a hole in my pocket...

E-bay scares me too...but I found a friend that isn't afraid...and I was able to recoup some pennies for the dollars I had spent over the years on craft items...

I think that's why my clothes last so long...I tend to buy classic pieces and they last for a long time. I do buy a trendy piece here and there...but they are worn with my classics and when I don't like them anymore out they go!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:07 AM   #64
Rubber Obsessor

I just did 15 minutes on the cropper hopper 12x12 and getting more paper out of the craft closet. I have a 4" stack of printed paper 12x12. How would I ever use up all that?

I will do 15 in the kitchen after lunch. Getting my crafting area organized is a priority for me right now. I need to have that space clean and ready to go when I have a few minutes to work.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #65
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
I bought 166 items yesterday for ebay.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #66
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

I had a paper bag of pecans that I've been picking through a little bit at a time. I set my timer for 15 & got that bag off of the counter!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #67
Proud Fan Club Member

Lots of progress of all kinds going on here. WOOT!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #68
ALWAYS has a P L A N

This was NOT the plan. But, since we are short staff...I have to do an audit. I needed files, etc...so I go in the vacant office. OH. MY. GOD. it looked bad. but omw. no wonder they person who was in there couldn't do jack squat sheet. there were piles, yes...but they should have been piles of one client. they weren't! in each piles were bits & pieces of three clients. um...NO. and there was no rhyme or reason. TWO EMPTY BOXES! Calculator box & a monitor box! WHY? why? desk drawers. could've opened an office supply store...and the boss had just said she wasn't buying anymore pencils for the firm. they walk off...I found FIVE brand new pencils scattered on various layers on the work table. phone books in the desk back to 2006...meh...workpapers for the current year audit idk if they are good or not.

it looks better...but there's files from 2008 that need to be put in storage.

pitiful. I'd have a boot up my butt if my office looked like that!

shame.

The A-Team.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #69
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

No boots here but a pair of shoes have now made it to the give-away pile!

New shoes purchased in 2009 for DMIL, not worn by her, handed-down to Pink Snuggles...she wore them once and complained they hurt the left foot...not worn again by her...

Handed down to me last summer...worn by me this past week...until I just couldn't stand the pain from the left foot anymore!

Now on declutter pile...maybe I should just trash them...I am sure they will hurt the next person too...and they are Dr. Sholl shoes!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #70
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

One son finished his math book for the year & was so happy to be able to toss it in the recycle pile... he would have rather had a book burning ceremony, but since we are under a severe burn ban, that wouldn't be wise!

Old 02-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #71
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
One son finished his math book for the year & was so happy to be able to toss it in the recycle pile... he would have rather had a book burning ceremony, but since we are under a severe burn ban, that wouldn't be wise!

on a side note...y'all under a burn ban? wow. is that usual? or unusual? exceptionally dry or the norm? I know it's winter and things are "dead" / dormant...but...wow.

The A-Team.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #72
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

on a side note...y'all under a burn ban? wow. is that usual? or unusual? exceptionally dry or the norm? I know it's winter and things are "dead" / dormant...but...wow.

It's pretty typical for us the last few years. It has been so HOT during the summer & very little rain. A lot of cities have outside water rationing, even now & some are going to indoor water rationing. It is dry, dry, dry.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #73
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Actually, dh is not bothered too much about getting involved as long as I can get him off his duff to help me. Like you, I don't do a lot of trendy things (very few in fact) and save my money for the things that last. I also have not been purchasing much lately except a few clothes for me (no crafting things). I need to purge/de-clutter what I have using up as much as I can. Once I get that done I'll think more of purchasing more.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #74
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
No boots here but a pair of shoes have now made it to the give-away pile!

New shoes purchased in 2009 for DMIL, not worn by her, handed-down to Pink Snuggles...she wore them once and complained they hurt the left foot...not worn again by her...

Handed down to me last summer...worn by me this past week...until I just couldn't stand the pain from the left foot anymore!

Now on declutter pile...maybe I should just trash them...I am sure they will hurt the next person too...and they are Dr. Sholl shoes!
Maybe the next person does not need to walk in them or only has a right foot and the left shoe won't be needed. I know, not totally funny but true.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #75
Stazon Splitcoast

I just saw the challenge for today so it probably will not happen today since it is 10:45pm. I am going to go back to my craft cave and purge another 2-3 shelves on a bookcase. My trip to the used book store has gotten moved to tomorrow so I need to get them done. We will also be going by Goodwill (my day got too busy for me to make that stop tonight) and drop off some stuff there as well. But still more going out of my house. WOO HOO!!! I'm so happy.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:39 AM   #76
ALWAYS has a P L A N

today's mission

player's choice!

The A-Team.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #77
ALWAYS has a P L A N

And I've still got to do: truck!!!! That's my choice for today!

The A-Team.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:04 AM   #78
Rubber Obsessor

I will be clearing out a cabinet in our backroom which is like a pantry. We have cleaning junk my hubby buys and we don't use.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #79
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Maybe the next person does not need to walk in them or only has a right foot and the left shoe won't be needed. I know, not totally funny but true.

May be true...they are on the top of the give away pile...(I keep an on-going box at the back door...when it gets full it goes up the road...)
Old 02-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #80
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightdays View Post
I will be clearing out a cabinet in our backroom which is like a pantry. We have cleaning junk my hubby buys and we don't use.
What would he think if you asked him to purchase the brands you prefer?

(I've gone to using mostly vinegar and baking soda...except for toilet bowl cleaner I haven't purchased any cleaning supplies in 2 years...now that sentence could sound terrible if read out of context!!!!)