Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Here is how I started the thread on being grateful each and every day. I've mad a few revisions. Hard to believe its been almost 4 years since this was first started. So much has happened since then and much of what has happened I am truly grateful for.
It is a goal of mine to live with in my means and be content in my life. I read this on Mary Hunt's daily e-mail in 2009 and decided that I need to do this in order to remind myself that every day is filled with things I need to stop and be thankful for. Over the years since then I have forgotten the need to keep up with looking for and recording things that I am grateful for. So am restarting this thread to get back on track.
" GRACIOUS LIVING. I keep what I call a "Thankful Journal." Every day, I write a sentence or two about five things for which I am thankful. I don't let myself reuse the same thing for a week and the list can include anything, small or large. This really helps to put my thoughts on a positive track."
I will make one post a day. (on the days I am on the computer, which is most days) Listing 5 things I am thankful for. And like the writer of the above comment I will not repeat one in a weeks time. I think this will help me focus on the positive rather than the negative. Even on really bad days I am pretty sure there are more than 5 things I could list, but I will stick to 5.
Anyone who would like to join me is welcome, I would ask that you only do one post a day, Some days like today I will start a list when I see my first thing I am thankful for but when I come back to add the other 4 items I will just edit that post and add them in.
First off that my ear is no longer stopped up. So good to not only hear again but not have that feeling of a balloon being stuck in my ear. Even though there is still a great deal of wax in both ears I am grateful the plugged up feeling is gone!
Dinner out with three wonderful friends. We could go where planned because there was a 2 1/2 hour wait, but we went elsewhere and still had a fantastic time sharing laughter and good food.
One of the most beautiful sunsets I've seen in a while. The sky was a beautiful brilliant aqua and the clouds an amazing blend of pink and orange.
Time spent with quilting and stamping friends all in one day.
Being back with my FlyBaby friends on SCS and knowing though I've been absent for so long I could come back.
I'll start with 3 each day, sometimes following the ideas from One Thousand Gifts
- the rose that the garden centre gave me - planted outside my study window - a gorgeous pop of color
- daughters who willingly help me with the yard work
- a friend from days long ago who found me on FB
I'll join in.
1. I'm so very thankful for each day. I had heart failure a year and a half ago and my husband gave me CPR until the medics got here. Thankfully they were able to get the ticker going again.
2. I am thankful for flowers... we have planted so many.
3. I am thankful that it rained a bit today as it watered things.
4. I am able to use a computer to communicate with friends... new and old.
5. I thankful that I have stamps.
My friend's two month old came through her kidney surgery safely
Another friend found out she is having a healthy baby girl
Knitting, I'm just learning, but I'm really enjoying it
An ordinary morning - computer works, we're all healthy, bills are paid, coffee is still affordable, things are good
Getting some craft time yesterday
Coconut cream pie and peanut butter chocolate chip cookie Lara bars
That we are in Houston and not in Dallas
For supportive friends
That my kids love me even when I'm tired and grumpy
Hanging out with Jeff in the evening after the kids are in bed
Today I'm grateful for being close to Zack and being able tohelp out with him.
I'm also grateful for a ddil who appreciates my help and her saying so!
I'm grateful for medicine that is slowly helping me feel better.
1. Last day of school for DGS who I am raising! We have been sporting perma-grins all day
2. Living in a beautiful part of the country.
3. Heated seats in my car that help my back pain <3
4. Meeting with a Grief Share group this evening for the first time. What a great group of women!
5. Women who don't thrive on drama, but intelligent conversation.
Today I'm grateful for my family being able and willing to come all the way out to my house.
For seeing my mother play with Zachary
For great pulled pork dinner
For time to sit and relax with a hot cup of coffee.
Like Horseygal, I live the PNW and love it here
I taught a shadowbox class at my LSS this morning... such a fun experience
Love all of the ladies that took the class
It was a sunny day.... that doesn't happen a lot up here
My husband and I watched Life of Pi this evening.... it's always fun to have "date night" at home..
Seeing my dad on Father's Day weekend.
That they are wanting to move closer to us, not farther away like I thought.
Sweet friends checking on me.
That Jeff's Father's Day card is already made.
Getting home safely.
1. I have a really cleaned out car... and I am able to do it.
2. My daughter will be down from Seattle tomorrow evening to visit for a couple of days.
3. A new bible study starts tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.
4. It is the prettiest day where I live. (Chehalis, WA)
5. I'm sitting here communicating with far-away friends.
1. Sibling lunch with my fave people in the whole world, my siblings!
2. Eating at a wonderful new restaurant in Seattle.
3. Taking the Ferry to Vashon Island for the first time for our fun Day Trip!
4. Laughing 'till our guts hurt!
Two Boston Terriers
My husband of 32 years
The stamps I ordered at my LSS came in and I picked them up today... they are from Heartfelt Creations
My daughter just called and she is on her way from Seattle