Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #1081
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning y'all!

Zack had a bit of a rough evening. Those shots were messing with him. But, he seems better this morning. Doc said they can give home some ibuprofen.

doc also said Zack seems sleep deprived. got ddil all upset. Honestly! Babies go through good nights and bad nights! He said since he's teething they should give him ibuprofen every night so that he will sleep better. And, that he should be sleeping 10 to 12 hours and naps on top of that. Really.

100 creations in 100 days 69/100
This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?

Join us for Frozen
VSNhttp://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d-t593214.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #1082
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
Good morning y'all!

Zack had a bit of a rough evening. Those shots were messing with him. But, he seems better this morning. Doc said they can give home some ibuprofen.

doc also said Zack seems sleep deprived. got ddil all upset. Honestly! Babies go through good nights and bad nights! He said since he's teething they should give him ibuprofen every night so that he will sleep better. And, that he should be sleeping 10 to 12 hours and naps on top of that. Really.
huh? WEALLY?

is this doc a woman who has not had a baby or a man?

I"ll let mrslaird chime with the rest.

i think if my teef were bothering me, i'd be "sleep deprived", too. (not saying he IS sleep deprived, but i think you will KWIM.)

(((your ddil))))

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #1083
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Good morning y'all!

My kids NEVER did that! Now, I'm not saying that's a good thing, but you can't actually MAKE them sleep and you aren't allowed to drug them so I don't know what he expects them to do. He can encourage it, but making them feel bad about something that they can only encourage but not control isn't very nice.

Gallery Blog

Beauty is the miracle of things going together imperfectly. ~ Anne Lamott
Old 02-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #1084
ALWAYS has a P L A N

hey Cher...do you think Zack is resting when he IS sleeping & napping? If he's not resting...that could account for the dr "sleep deprivation" thing...but I mean...babies don't sleep like we do...they off & on...so, I'm wondering if the doc used the wrong word here...

in either case...(sigh)...i don't think anyone has done anything wrong...and i hate it that it sounds like someone is. KWIM? grrr.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #1085
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
My kids NEVER did that! Now, I'm not saying that's a good thing, but you can't actually MAKE them sleep and you aren't allowed to drug them so I don't know what he expects them to do. He can encourage it, but making them feel bad about something that they can only encourage but not control isn't very nice.
right.

i got to thinking here...you can sleep and not rest. i wonder if that's what it is. again, nothing WE can do to help them rest...but with his heart issue...i wonder if he's just not resting when he's sleeping. 'course if my teeth hurt, i doubt i'd be resting while i slept.

The A-Team.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #1086
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Good morning y'all!

WHAT??? I have never heard of this. My kids woke up every two hours til they were two. I was the one that was sleep deprived they seemed to be doing well. I once was so tired I told DH " if I ever say I want another baby please remind me of this moment. ha ha. I think she needs to google this.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #1087
Proud Fan Club Member

I googled it, that IS what most of the sites say but then quickly go on to explain every baby is u inquest and may not fit I to that patern blah blah, I truly have never heard of any babies sleeping that long
Old 02-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #1088
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to stamplady_13

Good morning Flyfriends! We asked our neighbor to babysit for us tonight so we can have a Valentine's date and she offered to take them ALL DAY! Of course I said yes! Hubby is studying today so I actually have this place to myself. I hardly know what to do with myself and my dog is grinning ear to ear. I do want to get something done before play time (dinner and a movie with DH) and a nap is definitely on the agenda so I'd best get moving.

Shower and dress to shoes
Take AM meds
Pay 2 bills
Get 2 packages ready
Switch laundry
Start d/w
Make tax appt.
Mail packages
Visit Grandma
Lunch
Nap

OK..that's it for now!

Last edited by stamplady_13; 02-16-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Old 02-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #1089
Stazon Splitcoast

My kids are just starting to sleep through the night now...at 5 and 11!!! I can honestly say that Nick did get lots of sleep as a baby...but Jarod...now, that's a whole other story!! If that kid got 8 hours a night and a 2 hour nap during the day he was lucky (or I should say WE were lucky! ) and he could function fine on that. Now he can function fine on 6-7 hours...although I try to encourage him to get at least 9 hours. I think it all depends on the baby and what their personal needs are.

Now, if they were teething...OH BOY!!! Sometimes they got a couple of hours sometimes they got none until they (and me) passed out to pure exhaustion.

If I was your son and dil I would not worry about what the doc says about that. And I only gave my kids Tylenol when I thought they needed it...sometimes their teething pain was so bad that they did. I gave Jarod the gum cream stuff once...and I tried it...and EVERYTHING went dead even my throat! So, I never gave it to Jarod again and Nick don't even know what the stuff taste like.

But, yeah, all this rambling that I have been doing was just to say that your son and dil should do what THEY feel is right....and if they think Zack is happy and healthy with the sleep he is getting don't worry about what the doc says!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #1090
Stazon Splitcoast

I will be taking Melissa's idea today and doing 30/30/30's! 30 minutes of cleaning time, 30 minutes of study time (I have a test on Tuesday and one on Wednesday) and 30 minutes for me!

I got my accounting in-class assignment back. I got 94....which is good...but I was a little disappointed when I say the stupid mistakes that I made...ugh! And it didn't help that the other girl in the class got 98 and totally GLOATED!!!! Now I have to beat her in the other two tests so she don't do that! Its good motivation to study!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #1091
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to stamplady_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
hey Cher...do you think Zack is resting when he IS sleeping & napping? If he's not resting...that could account for the dr "sleep deprivation" thing...but I mean...babies don't sleep like we do...they off & on...so, I'm wondering if the doc used the wrong word here...

in either case...(sigh)...i don't think anyone has done anything wrong...and i hate it that it sounds like someone is. KWIM? grrr.
do babies get sleep apnea? That would certainly account for sleeping but not getting adequate rest. With his health history, I'm wondering if it could be an issue (not to add more worries). Plus, what parent deliberately keeps their child awake for hours on end? Most parents I know are happy for the peace and opportunity to rest themselves when baby is asleep! That doc does not sound like he has good bedside manner.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #1092
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok I got to get started.

30 minutes of cleaning time!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #1093
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
I will be taking Melissa's idea today and doing 30/30/30's! 30 minutes of cleaning time, 30 minutes of study time (I have a test on Tuesday and one on Wednesday) and 30 minutes for me!

I got my accounting in-class assignment back. I got 94....which is good...but I was a little disappointed when I say the stupid mistakes that I made...ugh! And it didn't help that the other girl in the class got 98 and totally GLOATED!!!! Now I have to beat her in the other two tests so she don't do that! Its good motivation to study!

I still love that 94 tho.

The A-Team.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #1094
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to edith199 Send a message via Yahoo to edith199

huh.... maybe the doc was sleep-deprived?!?!

as for me... I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee - that seems to help with my sleep deprivation

and .... I'm off for the day. Groceries, paper writing, yada yada yada

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 02-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #1095
Proud Fan Club Member

I love my Tassimo coffee maker on cold mornings that makes beautiful cappucinno's like this in a minute or so. yum
Attached Thumbnails
img_0183.jpg  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #1096
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

WOOT!! on the 94. You are quite the "inteligencio" BOO on the other girl gloating. down girl, down!! said to her in my best dog training voice.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #1097
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I still love that 94 tho.
Me too! It still keeps me on my way to the honor roll!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #1098
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeenk View Post
I love my Tassimo coffee maker on cold mornings that makes beautiful cappucinno's like this in a minute or so. yum
Beautiful! My Latte's look pretty too! I think I will go have one and THEN start on the housework.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #1099
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

Quote:
WOOT!! on the 94. You are quite the "inteligencio" BOO on the other girl gloating. down girl, down!! said to her in my best dog training voice.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #1100
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
eeek! Jealous!

no...PROUD.

The A-Team.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #1101
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
eeek! Jealous!

no...PROUD.
me too! drum roll!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #1102

I'm not at all surprised the doctor said that's what's best for babies and children. It's the standard line now. But, while it's optimal, it's very hard to regulate. And he shouldn't make them feel bad about it.

94 is a great grade! 98 is not that much better. Other girl needs to relax a little. Her life is going to be stressful if she makes a big deal about 4 points.

We had a better night. No more vomiting. From anyone. So yay! Jeff still didn't sleep, though. :/ I wonder if he can take melatonin again?

Gallery Blog

Old 02-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #1103
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Beautiful! My Latte's look pretty too! I think I will go have one and THEN start on the housework.
do you use Tim Horton's Latte's? This was the milk from the Tim's pack but i used the Gevalia Espresso. After shaking the Latte milk vigorously I have come to like it better than the other milk i was using.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #1104
Mad Swapper

Productive morning so far. Now for some stamping before going to dinner with friends later...

breakfast
track breakfast
shower
dress
vacuum bedroom
dust bedroom
wash/dry sheets
make bed
straighten closet
dust offices
vacuum offices
wipe down kitchen
straighten tea area

Joann's
Journeys
Card time
lunch
track lunch
dinner
track dinner
track anytime
mail
Old 02-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #1105
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

beautiful! both the cuppa & the gal

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 02-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #1106
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

yay!!!

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #1107
Stazon Splitcoast

Cher - pooh on that doctor - shame on him for trying ot make them feel bad. My dd1 used teething tabs with the girls and they help a lot with the pain. They are over the counter and aren't very expensive at all. She also gives them ibop. or tyl. before naps and at bed time as well. Let me just say they are 3 1/2 years and almost 20 months old and still do not regularily sleep through the night. DD1 can't wait to sleep all night herself. Dgd1 takes a good nap (1 hour or so) while dgd2 does good to sleep 45 minutes at nap time.

Marnie - yes, little ones can have sleep apnea but there would be signs of this long before now, I would imagine. Especially since Zack has other medical issues, I would think that he would have been checked for any and all things including this as well.

Patricia - WAY to GO for the 94. Boo for miss 98 but Yeah for the motivation to beat her grades in the dirt.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #1108
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning my Flybaby friends

We have fine snow here this am (OK so it's actually afternoon now but I just got up so it's morning for me). I'm not looking forward to going out there but I have to later on.

So what's on for the next couple of hours

up and bed made
breakfast
catch up with you ladies
read inspirational reading
moved everything from the shelves in those 2 closets to the bed in the guest room for goign through

Those are all done

Now still to be done
-get dressed (I have to iron my uniform so I'm not going to get dressed until I have it ready to go)
-iron uniform
-shine shoes
-get my bag ready to go with me this afternoon (It's basically ready)

-be at the hospital 3-11pm to precept paramedic students while they do their clinicals
- home

I'm thinking that after I get home form clinicals I'll go through my part of the things from the closets - I'm feeling a big toss.

Hope y'all have a great day today. I'll see ya some time around 11.

Last edited by imthenoni; 02-16-2013 at 10:22 AM..
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #1109
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Quote:
Oh my! That looks absolutely delicious! Awesome photo of you. You look so festive in that sweater with the snow as a backdrop!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #1110
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
huh? WEALLY?

is this doc a woman who has not had a baby or a man?

I"ll let mrslaird chime with the rest.

i think if my teef were bothering me, i'd be "sleep deprived", too. (not saying he IS sleep deprived, but i think you will KWIM.)

(((your ddil))))
He's a man.

This is your life.

Join us for Frozen
Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #1111
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
He's telling them to give him ibuprofen at night time. I mean okay if he needs it, but not every night.

This is your life.

Join us for Frozen
Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post
Oh my! That looks absolutely delicious! Awesome photo of you. You look so festive in that sweater with the snow as a backdrop!
I agree on all counts.

I thoroughly enjoyed my coffee today. I missed it yesterday, but didn't want to risk it upsetting my stomach.

Gallery Blog

Old 02-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #1113
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
eeek! Jealous!

no...PROUD.
I need am 80% overall in every course...so far my lowest mark is 89%. The finals are not here yet, though...who knows how I will do in those! :/ But I will do my best!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #1114

Quote:
He's telling them to give him ibuprofen at night time. I mean okay if he needs it, but not every night.
I agree with you. Every doctor has their pet issue, maybe his is sleep?

Gallery Blog

Old 02-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #1115
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

He has great nights and naps and then he has bad ones. I think he's normal!

Maybe it's wishful thinking on his part cause he has a baby, too.

This is your life.

Join us for Frozen
Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #1116
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg.sweet View Post
Productive morning so far. Now for some stamping before going to dinner with friends later...

breakfast
track breakfast
shower
dress
vacuum bedroom
dust bedroom
wash/dry sheets
make bed
straighten closet
dust offices
vacuum offices
wipe down kitchen
straighten tea area

Joann's
Journeys
Card time
lunch
track lunch
dinner
track dinner
track anytime
mail
sounds like a fun day. jumping up and down when i see the word "stamping"
Old 02-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #1117

Not sure what's wrong with me. I have had my cup of coffee...woke up feeling great and got right to the mailing out projects but now I feel exhausted...like I need a nap...not going to though... I am really close to having a card completed.

So proud of me! I know it's silly but when I get things in the post office...I feel like I have really done something! I bought my sister's dogs 2 dog toys yesterday on clearance and I had 3 pkgs to go in the mail today so instead of procrastinating...I made it 4 and got hers in the mail too. I now have a printer that scans and I am feeling like something! LOL Never had one before. We scanned 3 of Elisabeth's drawings and then I made them smaller and printed them out so I could enclose them in the pkgs without folding the paper! Fun fun fun!

Cher: How old is Zack now? Is he progressing at a typical rate or is there some delays? So sorry about what the doc said.

Wishing you luck on your progress today, Patricia.

Glad everyone's stomach is back to normal, Paula. Are you wondering about the melatonin interacting with his current meds? Steve just started taking it again because he doesn't sleep. He seriously started looking gray and sunken in the face. Pitiful. He started back on the melatonin and I have to say ...he might feel better and look more normal but it definitely changes his behavior. Aggressive isn't quite the right word, but he isn't ....hmmmmmm....as.....nice? Was Jeff's behavior different when he used to take it?

Waving hi to everyone!!!!

I am going to get up and go back to the card before I fall asleep at the computer!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #1118

Quote:
I wouldn't be comfortable giving my baby ibuprofen every night!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #1119
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edith199 View Post
beautiful! both the cuppa & the gal
awwww, thanks Edith!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #1120

Quote:
I need am 80% overall in every course...so far my lowest mark is 89%. The finals are not here yet, though...who knows how I will do in those! :/ But I will do my best!
YOu will DO GREAT!!!!! So happy for you!!! You are reaching your goal!!!!!
Closed Thread