Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2014, 03:04 AM   #1
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951
Default Cruisin' the Holidays 2014

toot! TOOT! HOOOONNNKKK!

Welcome aboard!

You ready? Flylady calls it Cruising through the Holidays. You can read all about it here: Cruising Through the Holidays | FlyLady.net

I call it Cruisin' the Holidays, because I like Cruisin' the Heartland. Every August, classic cars converge on Downtown Elizabethtown and park! We walk around and look at these beauties. They worked hard so we could enjoy the fruits of their labor. In the same spirit, we will work diligently towards a less frantic holiday season. A little planning & working of the plan goes a long way!

Some of us celebrate Christmas; some of us celebrate Hanukkah; whatever and however you celebrate the season of mid-November to January, you are welcome to join in the cruise.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pcousins13 likes this post.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:04 AM   #2
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Default Cruise Overview

I will post a link to Flylady's daily holiday cruise mission. She does repeat missions, such as Monday is Weekly Home Blessing, so clean & fling. I will share those; if the Flylady mission is not a specific holiday mission, I will add something with a holiday twist to that day's mission. Pick and choose from the day's topics, you don't have to do it all. Pace yourself. Enjoy the cruise. It's a journey, not a destination.

Please note that Flylady only has missions for weekdays. Some of us like daily missions, as in every day and we have varying weekend schedules. Wouldn't the world be boring if we were all the same? Indeedy! In that spirit, I will post two weekend holiday cruise missions on Friday night. Some folks will do them on one day or over two days or not at all. It's totally up to you.

You won't need luggage or baggage! This cruise will feature "Country Villa", a boutique shop. Just bring two cents. Seminars include cooking / recipes / menu planning / fashion in addition to the more traditional Flylady missions. If you must have other plans for the day, please share. It might just be the thing someone else needs to do!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Last edited by mollymoo951; 11-15-2014 at 03:09 AM.. Reason: Changing from **hold** to info!
Old 11-15-2014, 03:05 AM   #3
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Default Links & Daily Missions

Links

Flylady Cruising through the Holidays launch pad: Cruising Through the Holidays | FlyLady.net

Daily Holiday Missions

Day 1 & 2 (11.15 & 11.16) Post #5: Cruisin' the Holidays 2014
Day 3 (11.17) Post #15: Cruisin' the Holidays 2014
Day 4 (11.18 ) Post #24: Cruisin' the Holidays 2014
Day 5 (11.19) Post #59: Cruisin' the Holidays 2014
Day 6 (11.20) Post #68: Cruisin' the Holidays 2014
Day 7 (11.21) Post #74: Cruisin' the Holidays 2014
Day 8 & 9 (11.22 & 11.23) Post #77: Cruisin' the Holidays 2014
Day 10 (11.24) Post #81: Cruisin' the Holidays 2014
Day 11 (11.25) Post #88: Cruisin' the Holidays 2014
Day 12 (11.26) Post #91: Cruisin' the Holidays 2014

The A-Team.

Last edited by mollymoo951; 11-26-2014 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: Changing from **2nd hold** to info!
Old 11-15-2014, 03:05 AM   #4
ALWAYS has a P L A N

**3rd hold**

The A-Team.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:20 AM   #5
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Default Day 1 (11.15) & Day 2 (11.16)

Cruisin' the Holidays - Day 1 (11.15) & Day 2 (11.16)

- Hop on board! (post a hello & introduce yourself)

- Visit the "Cruising through the Holidays" launch pad on Flylady.net and get your worksheets. Flylady calls this the "Holiday Control Journal" (HCJ). Direct link to PDF: http://www.flylady.net/i/pdf/hol_coj.pdf. Direct link to the "Cruising the Holidays" launch pad: Cruising Through the Holidays | FlyLady.net

- Print the pages you need from the HCJ. (I only print the menu page and the gift pages. Print what you NEED at this point.) Now, find a home for these - your regular CJ, your Filofax, your planner...somewhere where you can find them and USE them.

- Before you stash those pages away, spend a few minutes, beginning with the end in mind. Gather those stray random thoughts / plans ideas whatever & jot them down on your pages. This is not a thorough plan through let's carve it in stone. It's a random thoughts floating around let's put them on the right page in pencil thing.

Here's some links to Flylady's Holiday Missions as relates to the HCJ:

FlyLady.net - Start a Holiday Control Journal

FlyLady.net - Planning with your Holiday Control Journal

The A-Team.

Last edited by mollymoo951; 11-15-2014 at 03:41 AM..
Old 11-15-2014, 05:48 AM   #6
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Thanks Melissa! So our thanksgiving plans are pretty laid back this year. I mainly need to be sure there is a kosher turkey for me, a sugar free pecan pie for Jeff, and warm clothes for the kids. There is a school thanksgiving next week. I want to do some crafts and gratitude exercises with the kids this coming week, too.

For Hanukkah, I'm almost done shopping for the kids, but haven't done any of the adults yet. I need to find out my parents' schedules so we can spend an evening with each of them. I also want to do some tzedekah (loosely translated charity, actual translation is justice) with the kids. Something specifically with them.

For Christmas, I need to make jelly one weekend and I think I'm going to make mini pumpkin breads. I will bring graham crackers, biscotti, and Parmesan butternut squash to the dinner. We'll probably have my aunt over for breakfast so I will need to do some stocking stuffers and get some egg nog Jeff can drink. His cousin usually does something Christmas Eve. Not sure what we'll take to that.

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #7
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

For Thanksgiving, we are out of town. I've already purchased a ham, just need to decide what else I'm going to take.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:03 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you for starting this Melissa! I'll cruise along as much as I can.

100 creations in 100 days 69/100
This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?

Join us for Frozen
VSNhttp://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d-t593214.html
Old 11-15-2014, 07:13 AM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

I have 26 plus coming for Thanksgiving dinner.
I have 2cousins coming in Sunday night before TG. Thier 2husbands and a daughter coming in on Tuesday. And my very dear sister in law coming in Tuesday. One of the cousins sons coming in on Wednesday. So I'll be sleeping 7 extra. Fortunately all of these are extreemly helpful even the kids. So as long as I organize, it should all run very smoothly.

I see some lists making as a part of my cruise. I do so much better with lists!!!

100 creations in 100 days 69/100
This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?

Join us for Frozen
VSNhttp://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d-t593214.html
mrslaird likes this post.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #10
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
toot! TOOT! HOOOONNNKKK!

Welcome aboard!

Some of us celebrate Christmas; some of us celebrate Hanukkah; whatever and however you celebrate the season of mid-November to January, you are welcome to join in the cruise.
One of us celebrates every day living...and special foods happen throughout the days because she likes to eat!

Bring on the pumpkin pie...with or without a crust...and lots of whipped cream (and even Cool Whip will work but not the generic of CW!)

I'm happy to cruise on land rather than the sea...I don't like being on top of water...but I wouldn't want to be under water either!!!!
Old 11-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #11
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

I have guests coming Friday evening through at least Saturday evening...will make a list for meals for starters...and a little deeper cleaning than what has been happening.

To do:
rearrange freezers (need to find a place for the 50 pounds of butter I just bought this weekend!) 30 pounds away in freezer, 20 in fridge
package & freeze pepperoni (10 pounds)
buy sausage (36 pounds) spot already reserved in freezer on order and needs to be picked up
deep clean desk (chaos clutter)
clean ceiling fans & chandeliers
make meal plan
purchase fresh foods if needed
organize game closet
folding chairs to garage
bookshelves to library have decided to not move these currently
doll toys to guest room
order bacon & canadian bacon from Costco
figure out sewing machine situation (uhm, I have 8 sewing machines and 6 sergers!) 1 serger moved to DDs sewing room, its a start!Cleaned & fixed 1 sewing machine, will offer to DIL#2DIL accepted
move Ke's cooler to garage
move bookshelf to different spot
encyclopedia set to library
boxes onto bed in library

box spring to under Ko's bed
take apart bed
move loveseat from Mrs. B's house
move guest towels to guest bathroom
clean guest bathroom
wash guest sheets
make guest bed
dust guest room
shake rugs in guest room
vacuum guest room

make congratulations card
mail card and gift card

This much completed on Saturday in 45 minutes with help from DD and hubby.
sent email request this morning and DD moved the serger last night before going to bed.Hubby and DD spent time in game closet, I spent time in sewing room and stamp room.
Better than moving cooler to garage it went home with him last night! Also...found out there will be an extra person on Friday night & Saturday...won't change any plans.
will finish guest room today, bed will not be taken apart.A few more items complete.

Last edited by kramomma; 11-20-2014 at 04:37 AM..
Old 11-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

YAY!! The ship arrived! We celebrate Christmas here and Thanksgiving but, since I'm in the "Great White North", our Thanksgiving was done and over with long ago.

I do have one Christmas thing on the list for this weekend...and that is to get all of the fall/Halloween stuff gathered, sorted, deculttered, purged, and packed away in labeled containers.

Brent has something on the list too. He needs to weld some wreath forms from coat hangers.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:30 PM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

I also went to the annual craft fair in Port aux Basques and bought some gifts. I managed to cross 3 people off the list, get parts of others, get Brent's birthday gift (a real bear claw necklace), and, of course, get a few things for myself.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #14
luvstochatchatCHAT

I think my main holida cruising will be just getting back into the daily missions and weekly zone work plus decluttering on the side. Does that sound OK? Yay, I can do this! I want to do this!!
Old 11-17-2014, 02:19 AM   #15
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Default Day 3 (11.17)

Day 3 (11.17)

Remember - we are all at different stages in our journey. Pick and choose where you begin and how much you do. If you are beginning, pick one! I've tried to list them in logical order. Pick what's important to you and do it. If you do only ONE thing, you are further ahead than you were before you did that one thing!

Today's Flylady holiday mission: FlyLady.net

A related Flylady mission: FlyLady.net

It's hard to keep things organized and put away if you don't have a place to put them! So, if your areas are fairly picked up or even after you pick up, consider where new items will live once they are ready to be put away.

Consider, but you don't have to do it all today. I've found that if I have to do a lot of pick up, I usually THINK about where the items should live and IF I write this down on a list, I don't get overwhelmed thinking I have to do it now! I'm more likely to, next time, begin where I left off, rather than re-figure out where things should live.

Thanksgiving: Is next week! What are your plans? Let's get these down on paper. Any sheet will do or use the appropriate pages from the HCJ (example: menu or travel) and jot down your information.

Are your decorations from Halloween put away? Leave your fall themed items, but spooks and goblins...time to go away until next year.

Christmas: Did you get some items penciled in on your HCJ pages? Specifically, if you have not already, it's time to get those projects you wish to make down on the list and consider if they will be feasible. Do you have the supplies?

The A-Team.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:21 AM   #16
ALWAYS has a P L A N

I will go first for Day 3.

- I did a pick-up of stuff off the floor yesterday.
- No toy boxes to dive into. However, I do need to find a place to hang my farm coat. Which means I need to see what's hanging in the living room closet that doesn't need to be there. OY.
- Need to find out whether / where Thanksgiving dinner is going to be.
- No Halloween decorations out.
- NO - I need to do Day 1 & Day 2 missions. DH & I have begun talking about the Holiday plans tho. So, I just need to get what we have discussed on paper.

The A-Team.

Last edited by mollymoo951; 11-17-2014 at 02:29 AM..
Old 11-17-2014, 03:53 AM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast

I have looked at the Missions up to day 10 and so far I have most of them done. I will make a running list of the things I don't:

1) Clean and fling - This is an on-going, never over mission for me anyway
2) Purchase wrapping materials
3) Do the decoration list per room (I like the idea of having a vision before the boxes come out of the attic! Then you wont feel like you need to use everything and make your house look like Christmas threw up in it.)
4) I'm making this Thursday and next Wednesday errand days and to see what else I can get done on my list.
5) Plan a Saturday to go to Corner Brook to finish up the list
6) Complete the control journal
Old 11-17-2014, 03:54 AM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Today I will complete the control journal, do a little clean/flinging, and do the decorations/room list. I'll also talk to Brent about that Corner Brook shopping trip.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:46 AM   #19
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
- Need to find out whether / where Thanksgiving dinner is going to be.
-
No one has told you yet but its at your house this year!
Old 11-17-2014, 04:49 AM   #20
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
3) Do the decoration list per room (I like the idea of having a vision before the boxes come out of the attic! Then you wont feel like you need to use everything and make your house look like Christmas threw up in it.)
Did you peek in the sewing room window last week? I don't decorate for any holiday or season but every day living sometimes gives me the flu...

Every day life is going to look better this week while working with a purpose. So thankful for this cruise.
mollymoo951 and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:51 AM   #21
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

I've updated post #11...am doing it in rainbow color order so I can have some fun while seeing progress!

YEP...a bit CDO lately...but that can be a good thing...

Need to be ready in 9 minutes for the list of the day so I can enjoy this cruising season of life!
Old 11-17-2014, 04:55 AM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast

I am thankful for the cruise, too! There is so much that I didn't think of...and I got my Halloween/Fall stuff put away before November is gone! That is a major accomplishment for me!

Now, can I have most of the holiday prep (not counting decorating) done before December 1?
Old 11-17-2014, 06:24 AM   #23

I need to do some decluttering. I don't buy wrapping ahead because I don't know what size my gifts will be yet. It's half off all December at hobby lobby so I'm not worried.
I only decorate the living room and only have one small box of decorations for Hanukkah and another for winter. Anything outside is Jeff's deal not mine. I still have my fall stuff up for now. We didn't decorate for Halloween. I don't really like to and was busy making costumes.
Thanksgiving is out of town this year. I'm going to call for turkey prices today and I need to order Jeff's pie.
Um, I will make some lists today...oh, yes! Projects! I want to make pj pants for my kids! Not sure past that, but I'll think about it!

Gallery Blog

mollymoo951 likes this post.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:35 AM   #24
luvstochatchatCHAT

For me today:
mission
zone work
declutter 1 spot
Old 11-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #25
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
No one has told you yet but its at your house this year!
Usually at Mom's house; but I'm not sure if she is doing it, Stephen is doing it or no one is doing it.

Christmas is at my house; I suppose I should send text messages to my brother (Stephen) so that he remembers. Right. He wants some "baby aspirin salad".

The A-Team.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #26
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
I am thankful for the cruise, too! There is so much that I didn't think of...and I got my Halloween/Fall stuff put away before November is gone! That is a major accomplishment for me!

Now, can I have most of the holiday prep (not counting decorating) done before December 1?
Personally, I'm not counting on being done before December 1. Now, I will have a plan and I will work my plan so that I don't have a mad crazy dash for December 24. I'm going to enjoy. Try to. Anyway. That's the plan. Usually works out well.

The A-Team.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #27

I have no desire to be done before December 1. I want to enjoy my Thanksgiving and won't know who is going where when until mid-December anyway so I just want to work consistently until then to minimize the crazy.

Gallery Blog

mollymoo951 likes this post.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #28
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Don't burn out...I don't want to put out a fire on my cruise...

I need to think of a fun car to cruise around my house in...I saw a cute little red truck at the snow plow guy's house...do you suppose I could take a picture of it and use it as my avatar?

Ha...now that would be fun...will see if someone will drive me to get a picture!
mollymoo951 and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #29
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok...I should rephrase...I would like the SHOPPING done by December 1st! Everything else seems easier once the shopping part is over.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Don't burn out...I don't want to put out a fire on my cruise...

I need to think of a fun car to cruise around my house in...I saw a cute little red truck at the snow plow guy's house...do you suppose I could take a picture of it and use it as my avatar?

Ha...now that would be fun...will see if someone will drive me to get a picture!
That would be a cute avatar!
Old 11-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #31
luvstochatchatCHAT

Off to decluter my kitchen desk drawer. Got the counter top basket done last evening.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #32
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

I got stuck in the garage when I went to sweep it...uhm...CDO big time today...

had the garage door open so that I wouldn't be claustrophobic...it is 10* outside...and minus 8 windchill...it is COLD...

I got some cold, fresh air in these lungs!

Moved cardboard that needs to be cut (hubby will do it before next Tuesday which is recycle day)
moved bins of bins...uhm...yep...I am OCD and have saved bins of bins because some day someone might need them!
Brought in the house bins of bins so that K&E can choose some if they want...and will offer some to K&A on Saturday.
Put all the lawn chairs back into their bags, yep, they are normally stored in their bags...and this is how I know that we have 3 missing chairs!
Put the chairs on their correct shelves also.
Put empty bins inside of other empty bins (maybe K&E will want some of those too)
Put swings in a bin on a top shelf.
Found another box of my mother's sewing stuff.
Found 4 more bins of her quilting magazines!

Now to let the bins come to room temperature (67*) then I'll wash & dry them and store them in the house!
Old 11-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #33
luvstochatchatCHAT

Thrilled with my decluttering progress and the fact that I got my zone and mission work done!
Old 11-18-2014, 01:58 AM   #34
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Default Day 4 (11.18)

Day 4 (11.18 )

Plan & Play: FlyLady.net

Holiday Budget: FlyLady.net

Prep the gift list

Will you need to order any gifts: FlyLady.net

The A-Team.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:08 AM   #35

Thinking about our gifts/budget. I think I'm going to call my new phone my big Hanukkah present. I will probably wrap up things I already have most nights just so the kids don't think Mom and Dad don't get presents and they do and then I'm sure there will be a few deals along the way that I can't pass up somewhere.

I want to make all the kids pj pants and that is a stash project. I would like to make each child something else as well, but I'm not sure what. Jeff and the other adults in my life are always the most difficult part. (It will be weird when my kids are also adults!) There are always itunes cards - and I already bought a couple. Jeff could probably use slippers this winter since we just have concrete in the living room now. I want to order my mom some pj pants from the International Princess Project. No idea yet on my stepmom, stepdad, or dad. I do have a tee shirt and a doll for my sister (she collects different dolls) and I want to make her a tote bag or something, which I think I can do from stash.
I will need to buy jars, pectin, and sugar for the jellies. I'll try that the first weekend in December, I think so if it doesn't set for some reason I have time to think of something else.
All I can think of right now. I need to start my gift notebook for reals.

Gallery Blog

luvtostampstampstamp and pcousins13 like this post.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:19 AM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a list of holiday prep things to do last night and I got absolutley none of them done. I'm feeling really tired again and it's so not nice. I don't know how I made it to work this morning without falling asleep at the wheel. And I had more than 8 hours of sleep last night. I am making a list of things, here in the office during my down time, that I need to buy on my errand day on Thursday. That's a start. I also have a list of things to but online when I get money (Thursday).
Old 11-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #37
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula, Brent and I always get a present from Santa in order to keep the spirit alive in our house. This is a present that we buy ourselves...like a gift to ourself...and we have a budget of $30, usually. Even though we know what's in the wrapping, the kids are excited that we get a present from Santa, too.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:23 AM   #38
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Jeff could probably use slippers this winter since we just have concrete in the living room now.

I need to start my gift notebook for reals.

I tossed my very worn too big slippers that were given to me because they were too big for Auntie Sara...I wore them too big for 4 years...

I also tossed my favorite Minnetonka moccasin hard bottomed slippers because the insides were so worn they were no longer comfortable to wear.

I now need to be looking for something inexpensive to serve for an hour or two in the morning when I wear slippers before I get S&D for the day!

I think a yearly gift notebook would be a great idea...I think I'll start a section in my CJ...I also think I need to replace the worn tabs on my homemade CJ dividers...easily able to replace the tabs with a different color since I still have the SU punch!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:30 AM   #39
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Thinking about our gifts/budget. I think I'm going to call my new phone my big Hanukkah present. I will probably wrap up things I already have most nights just so the kids don't think Mom and Dad don't get presents and they do
Question here...and I realize there is a different thread that I might could resurrect but its so much easier to quote and continue...

In Hanukkah gift giving who gives the present? In the non-religious Christmas it is Santa and his elves thus the suspense for the child in the early years. Is there such a suspense in Hanukkah and do the children ask for something specific (again such as the non-religious Christmas list) and do the children get disappointed by not receiving what they requested and do Hanukkah gifts ever come from people other than relatives?

Sorry to hijack...but I am interested in learning and until I started asking the questions I didn't know I had so many!!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 07:09 AM   #40

Quote:
I tossed my very worn too big slippers that were given to me because they were too big for Auntie Sara...I wore them too big for 4 years...

I also tossed my favorite Minnetonka moccasin hard bottomed slippers because the insides were so worn they were no longer comfortable to wear.

I now need to be looking for something inexpensive to serve for an hour or two in the morning when I wear slippers before I get S&D for the day!

I think a yearly gift notebook would be a great idea...I think I'll start a section in my CJ...I also think I need to replace the worn tabs on my homemade CJ dividers...easily able to replace the tabs with a different color since I still have the SU punch!
I decided to do a gift notebook and a holiday notebook separately because our birthdays all cluster around the holidays and it's just easier for me. I can divide the holiday notebook into seasons and then bulletin journal it so I know where things are and have all my gift stuff going from year to year in the other one.

Gallery Blog