Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #201
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
My notebook is specifically for stamping & it's getting needed less & less thanks to my pinterest boards.

In my notebook:

Current challenges
Copic combos that I've seen on someone's blog as their favorites
My passwords for online stamp shopping & the amount needed for free shipping, plus my price book for online purchases for stamp supplies that I use the most
Do you suppose I could make myself a left-hander's notebook? I find myself very frustrated with journals that don't open flat when I try to write inside them...I think it is why I like making cards that are vertical rather than horizontal! (Just a thought that popped into my head...and I shared it!!!!)

OR...I could use my small CJ from Petite Planners - Petite Binders and Accessories - GraceWorks Purpose Planners

Which is currently not being used in my purse any longer...which reminds me...I need to place an order for my regular size CJ...

AND...one more thought...in this I could also add the addresses for those most often sent cards from me! Now that is a wonderful idea...I'll work on that today also... I get smart when I type out loud!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #202
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to edith199 Send a message via Yahoo to edith199

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
I think I can do this one since I like using scallops!

Welcome to Flourishes | Papercrafting | Cardmaking | Exclusive Clear Polymer Stamps | Timeless Tuesday #225 ~ Scallops

(I found this by accident! )
oh... that looks like something I could do... thanks for accidentally finding this

~~ today. . . ~~

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #203
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
Do you suppose I could make myself a left-hander's notebook? I find myself very frustrated with journals that don't open flat when I try to write inside them...I think it is why I like making cards that are vertical rather than horizontal! (Just a thought that popped into my head...and I shared it!!!!)

OR...I could use my small CJ from Petite Planners - Petite Binders and Accessories - GraceWorks Purpose Planners

Which is currently not being used in my purse any longer...which reminds me...I need to place an order for my regular size CJ...

AND...one more thought...in this I could also add the addresses for those most often sent cards from me! Now that is a wonderful idea...I'll work on that today also... I get smart when I type out loud!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #204
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Is this notebook your CJ or do you have a notebook in your stamping area that is specific for stamping?

Curious because I keep an area for stamping in my CJ but my CJ doesn't make it to the basement!

Thanks...I'll be working on this today...I need to figure out some system that will work for me cuz right now...well...it's hit or miss...and more often I miss than hit!

(and just for the record...I started this post 25 minutes ago but got sidetracked by realizing I had neglected a need of making OJ for someone's cereal...then I made his lunch...then I filled water jugs for the day...and put away water jugs that were empty and dry...then I wiped off the table...then I talked with Pink Snuggles about a home remedy for warts...now here I am finally hitting submit! )
Hold up...he puts orange juice in his cereal?!

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #205

Quote:
My notebook is specifically for stamping & it's getting needed less & less thanks to my pinterest boards.

In my notebook:

Current challenges
Copic combos that I've seen on someone's blog as their favorites
My passwords for online stamp shopping & the amount needed for free shipping, plus my price book for online purchases for stamp supplies that I use the most
I have a stamp notebook, too. Well, actually, now I have two. One is for my lists of stamps I have, tracking when I use them, tracking my crafting in a given month, tracking my spending.

The other one is cuter. I sketch out any ideas I have. When I get a new crafting magazine I go through and jot down ideas I liked from it, noting the page and who did it if it is a sketch. I write challenges I might try to do. I write cards I need to make. I try to keep it in my purse when I leave in case I see something out and about that would make a good card.

Gallery Blog

Old 06-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #206
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Hold up...he puts orange juice in his cereal?!

Yep...he learned it from Mr. Owens...who is a Canadian...so...now I wonder...do other Canadians do this?

Homemade granola and OJ, country style preferred when Momma will spend the extra 2-bits for the price difference at Wally!

Trust me...I don't...
Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #207
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I have a stamp notebook, too. Well, actually, now I have two. One is for my lists of stamps I have, tracking when I use them, tracking my crafting in a given month, tracking my spending.

The other one is cuter. I sketch out any ideas I have. When I get a new crafting magazine I go through and jot down ideas I liked from it, noting the page and who did it if it is a sketch. I write challenges I might try to do. I write cards I need to make. I try to keep it in my purse when I leave in case I see something out and about that would make a good card.
Thank you for these ideas...I really don't like being disorganized and I feel very overwhelmed in the category of challenges...hmmm...now that would be an interesting through if someone didn't know what I was talking about...anyway...keeping track of which challenges I have even entered is a challenge when I have no record of what I did...making a card and not getting it entered into the challenge isn't so overwhelming because the purpose was to make a card...which was success! (Did you follow that thought?)
Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #208
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Is there a regular Friday Challenge? Also, is there any other monthly challenge? (Some company did one that I was going to do but can't remember the company...just have the list of color choices )

I have a list of ones I can do M-Th...
M-StampTV http://stamptv.ning.com/forum/catego...istForCategory

T-Flourishes Welcome to Flourishes | Papercrafting | Cardmaking | Exclusive Clear Polymer Stamps | Home

W-Word Art Wednesday Word Art Wednesday

Th-A Random Thursday Challenge A.R.T. Card Challenges

Penny Black Monthly Penny Black and More 3 times max entry

Those are what are currently on my list...some are prizes...some are just fun!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #209
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

[Q UOTE=kramomma;20209120]Do you suppose I could make myself a left-hander's notebook? I find myself very frustrated with journals that don't open flat when I try to write inside them... I think it is why I like making cards that are vertical rather than horizontal! (Just a thought that popped into my head...and I shared it!!!!)

AND...one more thought...in this I could also add the addresses for those most often sent cards from me! Now that is a wonderful idea...I'll work on that today also... I get smart when I type out loud! [/QUOTE]

If you get a strath more spiral artist book you can use it left handed. The front and back cover are the same. It's heavy weight for water color,works great to test stamp and practice coloring as well.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #210
Proud Fan Club Member

Flourishes must have changed their rules, today's winner has multiple challenges list for her card and won the entire release.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:38 AM   #211
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Friday Challenges:

The Friday Mashup!

Fusion Card Challenge

SCS has a Friday Free 4 All challenge too.

For more: Feline Playful: FRIDAY

Last edited by Scraperwannabe; 06-19-2013 at 03:47 AM..
Old 06-19-2013, 03:38 AM   #212
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Flourishes must have changed their rules, today's winner has multiple challenges list for her card and won the entire release.
They haven't, they must not have noticed...

Old 06-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #213
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Friday Challenges:

The Friday Mashup!

Fusion Card Challenge

SCS has a Friday Free 4 All challenge too.

For more: Feline Playful: FRIDAY
Thanks...so the Friday Mashup is possible...(though it says the linky closes on May 19th...which I assume is a mess-up and no clue as to what might be correct...but the Fusion one would need to be done in less than 4 hours today...not happening...and the Feline Playful...well...as you probably suspect...that is just overwhelming for me to look at this early in the morning...

THOUGH...I did look there when it was mentioned before and just grabbed a challenge and did it!

As my day moves along...I hope to play at something!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 AM   #214
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
They haven't, they must not have noticed...
Even I noticed but that was because I had seen it on the WAW link!
Old 06-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #215
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Those with a stamping notebook...do you keep your list of desires for future purchases in this notebook or some place else? (Don't tell me your head! )
Old 06-19-2013, 05:56 AM   #216
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Found another challenge...it doesn't have prizes

The Paper Players

I found it by pinning from one card to another...and clicking and pinning...and...

Obviously...I'm sitting in my chair!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #217

Quote:
Those with a stamping notebook...do you keep your list of desires for future purchases in this notebook or some place else? (Don't tell me your head! )
Only occasionally. I usually just make a list each time I go to order something. I do have a wish list at Simon Says Stamp, but that's more so my friends can see what I want and I can see what they want. My general feeling is if I can't remember what it is I want then I don't need it that bad.

Gallery Blog

Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #218
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok for not ordering this month, I'm doing POORLY! I've ordered Washi tape, MFT and today Websters warehouse box. So a friend wanted to split it so its only half bad, right!?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #219
Proud Fan Club Member

I pin things I like to my pinterest wish list. So when I'm considering ordering (usually because a sale is to good to pass up....) I have an idea what I might want. I used to order from every PTI release with the release night hype. I don't do that anymore any only order when I actually need consumables. That way I'm sure to have inked the sets I currently have before i order again.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:21 AM   #220
Proud Fan Club Member

This is the email I got from flourishes asking if flourish challenge cards can be used in multiple challenges....

Hi Joyce!

Nope. The challenge rules haven't changed at all. And yes, you may enter them into multiple challenges. Just make sure you read the actual challenge for the week. I've had a lot of entries over the past few weeks that haven't followed the challenge at all.

For example, we had a challenge titled "From the Garden" and people asked to use vegetables or fruit on your creation, not flowers. I had 5 entries that used flowers because they never read the challenge, just the title of the blog post.

Good luck! And thanks for playing along with us! I always enjoy looking at your work!
Ally.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #221
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Ashjoy...if the rules didn't change then how did "I" think that you could not double dip for their challenges? I'm new to all this...

Aside from that...I was quite pleased with myself for making 4 cards this afternoon...all for challenges...then...when I came upstairs and was thinking post excitement I realized...one of them was a sketch challenge A.R.T. Card Challenges and I put my sentiment in the wrong section!

Guess I need to start over...it was a cute card...used a stamp I haven't used in a while...and ribbon I haven't used in a while...now to start over...
Old 06-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #222
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Ashjoy...if the rules didn't change then how did "I" think that you could not double dip for their challenges? I'm new to all this...

Aside from that...I was quite pleased with myself for making 4 cards this afternoon...all for challenges...then...when I came upstairs and was thinking post excitement I realized...one of them was a sketch challenge A.R.T. Card Challenges and I put my sentiment in the wrong section!

Guess I need to start over...it was a cute card...used a stamp I haven't used in a while...and ribbon I haven't used in a while...now to start over...
I wouldn't start over... creative interpretation!

Old 06-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #223
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Don't know, I just thought I would ask to clarify. I like to use sketch challenges so its nice to combine. Now I can. Makes me happy.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #224
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I wouldn't start over... creative interpretation!
Or airhead abundance!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #225
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's my oops card from today... friendship by kramomma - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 06-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #226
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to edith199 Send a message via Yahoo to edith199

I like it, kramomma

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 06-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #227
Proud Fan Club Member

Lovely oops!
Old 06-21-2013, 04:48 AM   #228
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Or airhead abundance!

SPEW!!!

Old 06-21-2013, 05:14 AM   #229
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Remake challenge finished in 20 minutes! I think that is a record for me!!!!

Had planned to use same supplies but as I sat down I looked at a RAK that was recently mailed to me...and I thought...hmmm...these would work for the left panel section...and I could use ribbon for the horizontal image AND...look the RAK also included tiny sentiments and the twine to attach them...

Ok...now...inside these flowers I have some very old GKD Primas and brads from way back when Kub was first stamping...and...this will be great inside the RAK flowers...

AND then...I had the "perfect" DP...and ribbon...and...oh it is so cute! AND...it isn't in a color I would have chosen as a starter color...NEVER have chosen...

Off I go smiling...(the smile has to fit inside the deflated airhead abundance donchaknow?)

Yes, some day there will be a picture but Pink Snuggles wants to do something "fun" with my hair...other than put it in a typical bun! Maybe she will need to take a picture of her hair creation too!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #230
Proud Fan Club Member

And we get to see this card and this hair do when?

Wish I had someone enthusiastic to do my hair.....
Old 06-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #231
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
And we get to see this card and this hair do when?

Wish I had someone enthusiastic to do my hair.....
When someone uploads them to my computer! Hopefully before bedtime in CDT...
Old 06-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #232
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
When someone uploads them to my computer! Hopefully before bedtime in CDT...
Which bedtime in CDT????

Old 06-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #233
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Which bedtime in CDT????
Since he just took the pictures I'm assuming it is mine rather than yours! At least it's not Stange Time...especially since today is the longest day of light in the year!

We have storms brewing so our longest day of light won't be enjoyed much longer as it is getting dark at this point...
Old 06-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #234
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is the hairdo I've worn all day...
Attached Thumbnails
img_2916.jpg  
UrgentCookie and mollymoo951 like this post.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #235
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Very nice, Kramomma!

Old 06-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #236
Proud Fan Club Member

Wish I had hair long enough to do that. Love it!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:06 AM   #237

Squee!!!

Dare To Get Dirty 2013!

Gallery Blog

mollymoo951 likes this post.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #238
Proud Fan Club Member

Just joined, totally plan on playing along!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #239

Now, I just have to not schedule my wisdom tooth surgery until after the upload deadline.

Gallery Blog

mollymoo951 and ashjoy like this post.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #240
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Woo Hoo!!

ashjoy likes this post.