Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree68Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #641
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Ok, so I got side tracked and started cleaning the pantry. Now that its started just going to finish it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #642
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
Good afternoon!!

I'm still on the "study train" and I don't think its coming into the station anytime soon! I really can't wait for the exams to be over so I can get back to normal...well, my new normal anyway. I AM taking a break tomorrow, though. We are going to Corner Brook for the day to pick out a table/chairs set and to get a new computer. Both is needed badly in this house! We need other things too...like pants and shoes for a quickly growing 11 year old. BOY! He is growing FAST! Clothes and shoes that fit him at Christmas have been tossed in the "too small" pile. He is getting close to my height (5 foot 8 inches) and he's getting there quickly!

Glad you are taking a break. That is one nice size boy you have. He's out grown me by 6 inches already! Does he play basketball?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #643
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Good afternoon!!

I'm still on the "study train" and I don't think its coming into the station anytime soon! I really can't wait for the exams to be over so I can get back to normal...well, my new normal anyway. I AM taking a break tomorrow, though. We are going to Corner Brook for the day to pick out a table/chairs set and to get a new computer. Both is needed badly in this house! We need other things too...like pants and shoes for a quickly growing 11 year old. BOY! He is growing FAST! Clothes and shoes that fit him at Christmas have been tossed in the "too small" pile. He is getting close to my height (5 foot 8 inches) and he's getting there quickly!

My 11 year old is growing like a weed too.

I Design for: Classy Cards 'n Such

Old 04-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #644
Stazon Splitcoast

Cher and Joyce ~ I'm glad you guys had fun on your trips!

Paula ~ How did Jeff do?

Melissa ~ HI!! (waving)

Kramomma ~ Spring has been taken over by Winter here too. And I'm not sure what the robins eat besides worms. If you find out please let me know! We must have some hungry little guys here too! The Great Blue Herons are back too...lucky for them the river has opened up and they can get some fish! I really like when they are here...they look so beautiful perched in the trees. And they look so prehistoric flying over! You would think that you are looking at a pterodactyl!

Misti ~ How did that caffeine work for ya?

HI DONNA!!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #645
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon everyone - This week is finally ending! It has been a LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG one. Today I had a training/professional development I had to go to this am. I didn't sleep well last night/this morning so I refused to get up until I absolutely had to. I goofed and forgot some things I needed to take with me to run errands while I was out - ARG!!! Now I'll HAVE to go back out to run the errands that HAVE to be run today. I'll get those done soon.

So for my today

I've gotten up
made the bed
ate breakfast
took my vitamines
Grabbed my stuff and headed to class
Learned the new way to do resumes
Home

Now to do - back out
Swap to PO
Goodwill to take donation (yes I was just there - arg)
Go get some bread
Get something for dinner while we're out

Then back home to -
finish working on today's mini mission
more accreditation stuff
Finish putting clothes away

I know there are other things I need to do but right this minute I'm still trying to get past the not sleeping well last night.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #646
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Glad you are taking a break. That is one nice size boy you have. He's out grown me by 6 inches already! Does he play basketball?
He doesn't play, but he is REALLY good at it and I think he should! Basketball is in my family...my uncles played, my brother played, and my cousin plays. They were all stars of their teams. Jarod can shoot a basket from pretty far away and get it in every time!

Jarod has outgrown my shoe size too. He takes a 8 in mens now! Big feet are also in my family...my brother takes a size 17...and he is 6 foot 6 inches tall as well.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #647
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Patricia! Good luck with keeping the boy dressed. My son is 30 and still seems to be growing a little. He's 6'2-3" tall and muscular. I think it's the muscles for him that are still growing a bit. When he was 11 he was 5'4" or so but 18 he was 6'.

I'm glad that you are goign to take a break from studying. Sometimes that your brain needs a break - it can only retain but so much as one time.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #648
Stazon Splitcoast

I forgot things on my way out this morning too, Donna! I was going to take my workout clothes and running shoes and go to the track at the gym. When I got to PAB (30 minute drive away) they were not in my car! I had to go down for school anyway...but I was disappointed that I couldn't go walking. I did get my nails done, though, so that was fun!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #649
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

Misti ~ How did that caffeine work for ya?
It worked! Now, I'm tracking my water to make sure I get in my gallon!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #650
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
It worked! Now, I'm tracking my water to make sure I get in my gallon!
Good for you!!! I really should be drinking more water...
Old 04-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #651
Proud Fan Club Member

Donna, it must be spring fever. I couldn't sleep last night either.

I went to the gym today, thinking I needed to weigh in. Now mind you I ate constantly on the cruise, normal meals, snacks, candy shop visits and midnight pizza twice. I was only sick once. So I was think I would have gained at least a few pounds right? I gained .06 but its better then loosening. I went to my fmd right before the cruise. She said she would be really concerned at 112 so I have some wiggle room.( 14 pounds)She also wants a plan from the original surgeon and to know why I'm still having frequent ( once a week now) pain and vomiting. So I called and got his nurse, she called me back Tuesday, a week later...and just said he has no idea why. So I guess he thinks its ok to be so sick I'm puking weekly and continue to loose weight. I'm sure she is going to want a second opinion. I really do feel good most of the time but when that pain hits its awful. I just want this to go away at this point. Sorry to vent, just frustrated..

Now back to cleaning the pantry, the floor should be dry so I can move stuff back.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #652
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

I went to the gym today, thinking I needed to weigh in. Now mind you I ate constantly on the cruise, normal meals, snacks, candy shop visits and midnight pizza twice. I was only sick once. So I was think I would have gained at least a few pounds right? I gained .06 but its better then loosening. I went to my fmd right before the cruise. She said she would be really concerned at 112 so I have some wiggle room.( 14 pounds)She also wants a plan from the original surgeon and to know why I'm still having frequent ( once a week now) pain and vomiting. So I called and got his nurse, she called me back Tuesday, a week later...and just said he has no idea why. So I guess he thinks its ok to be so sick I'm puking weekly and continue to loose weight. I'm sure she is going to want a second opinion. I really do feel good most of the time but when that pain hits its awful. I just want this to go away at this point. Sorry to vent, just frustrated..

Now back to cleaning the pantry, the floor should be dry so I can move stuff back.

(((hugs)))

Old 04-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #653
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It must be spring. Mine ws, in part, due to GERD.

Sure hope they figure the pain & vomiting thing out soon. A person can't lose but so much weight before it becomes a serious issue.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #654
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon everyone - This week is finally ending! It has been a LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG one. Today I had a training/professional development I had to go to this am. I didn't sleep well last night/this morning so I refused to get up until I absolutely had to. I goofed and forgot some things I needed to take with me to run errands while I was out - ARG!!! Now I'll HAVE to go back out to run the errands that HAVE to be run today. I'll get those done soon.

So for my today

I've gotten up
made the bed
ate breakfast
took my vitamines
Grabbed my stuff and headed to class
Learned the new way to do resumes
Home

Now to do - back out
Swap to PO
Goodwill to take donation (yes I was just there - arg)
Go get some bread
Get something for dinner while we're out

Then back home to -
finish working on today's mini mission
more accreditation stuff
Finish putting clothes away

I know there are other things I need to do but right this minute I'm still trying to get past the not sleeping well last night.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Got back from dinner and am having a bit of an anxiety attack. We are under a severe weather watch/warning to the point the county severe weather sirens went off (I think this is one of the first times I've heard of it). I don't think it's so much the fact of the watch/warning I think it's more of a control issue and my ability to protect my family. My concern is more based on my kids/grands & my dad. The weather has now clearned quite a bit and the anxiety is passing. My dad called & his power is out (thank goodness for generators). He said that as he's gotten older he get more anxious during this kind of weather as well. Made me feel a bit better. Daddy was in law enforcement & fire service during his work history and with me being in EMS you'd think we wouldn't ge so anxious. No idea why it has started for me but it has gotten worse in the last 4-5 years for me. ARG!

Now I'm going to try to focus on the accreditation stuff.

Hope no one else is having this kind of weather.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #655
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sounds very frustrating! Hope you find out what the problem is soon!

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #656
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post

So for my today

[COLOR="Blue"]

Got back from dinner and am having a bit of an anxiety attack. We are under a severe weather watch/warning to the point the county severe weather sirens went off (I think this is one of the first times I've heard of it). I don't think it's so much the fact of the watch/warning I think it's more of a control issue and my ability to protect my family. My concern is more based on my kids/grands & my dad. The weather has now clearned quite a bit and the anxiety is passing. My dad called & his power is out (thank goodness for generators). He said that as he's gotten older he get more anxious during this kind of weather as well. Made me feel a bit better. Daddy was in law enforcement & fire service during his work history and with me being in EMS you'd think we wouldn't ge so anxious. No idea why it has started for me but it has gotten worse in the last 4-5 years for me. ARG!

Now I'm going to try to focus on the accreditation stuff.

Hope no one else is having this kind of weather.
I know weather alerts are alarming! Fortunately for me we have a storm shelter at our house. Hope I never have to use it!!! I did go out to the pool house during one storm but didn't get into the shelter.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 04-20-2013, 04:26 AM   #657
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning y'all!

Well today we are packing up and moving on to Maryland. But first, we are visiting Disney Hollywood studios. It has cooled down 20 degrees here, yay, so I will be able to wear my jeans and not need to change for the airport.

Y'all have a great weekend!!!

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 04-20-2013, 04:57 AM   #658
Proud Fan Club Member

Cher, its beautiful up north today. You should have a nice travel day. Enjoy the cooler weather.

We had a tornado warning yesterday, which is unusual for us. Luckily there weren't any.

The surgeon says it will be a year for the scar tissue to soften and get back to normal. But that's still 6 months away. Just feels like a very long time.

Not much planned today. We are going to do some errands, make another garden box and plant strawberries. And play the rest of the day by ear.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #659
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
I know weather alerts are alarming! Fortunately for me we have a storm shelter at our house. Hope I never have to use it!!! I did go out to the pool house during one storm but didn't get into the shelter.
I think for me it is more the idea that I can't take care of my kids or dad during the time of the storm. I live about mid-way between the two. They both have generators if the power goes off but I guess I think too much about everything and the worry monster jumps on my back.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #660
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
Good morning y'all!

Well today we are packing up and moving on to Maryland. But first, we are visiting Disney Hollywood studios. It has cooled down 20 degrees here, yay, so I will be able to wear my jeans and not need to change for the airport.

Y'all have a great weekend!!!
You'll be flying within miles of us. We live about 30 minutes from the Greensboro Regional Airport or GSO. If you were driving we might could meet for lunch or something. Enjoy!
chercher likes this post.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #661
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Hey all! Jeff had his lasik redo yesterday and as far as we can tell it went well. We had to be at the dr at 7am today so the kids were in their pjs. Home, got the garbage out, eating breakfast. Yesterday, I got Jeff home and set up with his medicine and some lunch and then went to my friend Jen's to get the kids and ended up hanging out there for 4 hours.

Hoping to get some cards made and mailed today. I need another batch of sympathy cards and I haven't even sent the first ones yet. My stepmom's mom is dying. It's a bad week for the steps in our family.
Gallery Blog
chercher likes this post.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #662
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The surgeon says it will be a year for the scar tissue to soften and get back to normal. But that's still 6 months away. Just feels like a very long time.
Glad you have some kind of answer for the pain and vomiting. I know 6 months is still a long time but at least you have a possible end. And it is an estimate as eacah person heals differently so you may heal quicker than he expects.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #663
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula - Glad Jeff did well yesterday and is seeing good results.

Sorry to hear that the steps are having a bad week but hope you're doing well with it all.

{{{HUGS}}} your way
Old 04-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #664

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Paula - Glad Jeff did well yesterday and is seeing good results.

Sorry to hear that the steps are having a bad week but hope you're doing well with it all.

{{{HUGS}}} your way
Thank you. I'm okay. I feel really bad for my step-parents. In both cases this was their last living parent. I feel REALLY bad for my sister. She's 14 and this was her last living grandparent. I'm not sure if my step-siblings still have living grandparents on the other side, but it's going to be very hard for them. This grandma was the one they were close to.
Gallery Blog
Old 04-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #665
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm feeling A-OK today. I have a few things I need to be doing around my house but the biggest thing I'll be working on is the accreditation stuff. I have to finish up a few sections to have it ready for a meeting with my boss on Tuesday. Since we are down to 1 vehicle until Tuesday or Wednesday so I have had to get someone to cover for me Monday night's class. DH has to work 6pm - 6am 22 miles away and my class starts at 5:30. Bottom-line is I have Monday to work on all this stuff as well. WOO HOO

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Chat later.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #666

Oh goodness, I'm weepy today. One of my best friends had a death in her family today, feeling heaviness for our family deaths, and with the Boston coverage and the West explosion and trying to find ways to explain them to the boys, and then the nurse at the eye place telling me that she works home health as well and if she only sees a patient once a day officially she'll make up an excuse to go back to the house -she forgot something, etc- and changes their bed again, well, I just feel ready to tear up every three seconds. I think I need more waterproof mascara in my life, lol!
Gallery Blog
Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #667

I made three sympathy cards so far. Jeff took the boys to Bass Pro for a fishing and archery demo so I got a little card time in. Also texted back and forth with his sister about our trip and took the covers off the bigger car seat to wash them so I can move Amelia to that one. Man, they make them hard to get off!
Gallery Blog
Old 04-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #668
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

mrslaird...sorry for the need for waterproof mascara...wearing no makeup helps not need that but I wish I could find a solution to the red, puffy eyes from crying...

scraperwannabe...ditched the coat at 34 degrees this morning...it is a gorgeous sunny day, the sun is melting the snow...errands were much nicer today...saw shorts, no coats...and then some people were in coats and I wondered about them!

Happy mail today at my house! Purple and green...they have become warm colors to me...

Taking a few minutes of a break then will be time to clean the kitchen from snack time...and finish putting away groceries...all the cold/frozen items are put away...

{Faye}

Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the little voice at the end of that day that says, I will try again tomorrow.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #669
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

(((Paula)))

Old 04-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #670

Aw thanks, y'all. It's mostly the sweet stuff making me teary. Good deeds, Boston tributes, memorial posts on Instagram. The good stuff, but tear-jerking all the same.
Gallery Blog
Old 04-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #671
Proud Fan Club Member

Donna, I think its natural to worry about our loved ones. I'm the same way.

Paula, I'm so sorry. I had to turn off the TV coverage. But I'm glad they caught them, kudos to the Boston PD. I need to make sympathy cards has well, and I'm just not good at those. I think I think about them to much.

It's so cold here today I'm in my snuggy with hot tea. I have to finish up a load of laundry and do the dishes. DH made soup and I still need to clean up. I finished a pincushion for a swap.

TDD
Dishes
Laundry
Craft room?
Old 04-21-2013, 04:34 AM   #672
Proud Fan Club Member

Totally woke up thinking today was Monday!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #673
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Cher, its beautiful up north today. You should have a nice travel day. Enjoy the cooler weather.

We had a tornado warning yesterday, which is unusual for us. Luckily there weren't any.

Not much planned today. We are going to do some errands, make another garden box and plant strawberries. And play the rest of the day by ear.
Hopefully it won't take 6 more months. But if it does I hope they pass easily!

I've never planted strawberries. I may have to try them.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:20 AM   #674
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning y'all!

Made it to Maryland but it was a close call. We fly standby and it should have been wide open but a lot of people from Boston delayed their returns home due to the boomer not being caught. So once he was caught they all wanted to go home, so it really filled up all the flights as they have to go thru Baltimore.

Today we go to the boat to clear off everything else that belongs to us, in hopes that it finally sells this year. We will be leaving the stuff in ddil2 parents garage. The the kids will pick it up when they visit. Then we will pick it up from the kids when we visit them. we have a large inflatable dinghy that the kids Re going to keep as they live near the water. They are so excited.

Life is good today!

Don't blink!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #675
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Happy, Happy Birthday LuvLee!!!!

Hope your day is super special!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #676

Happy birthday, Lee!
Have a beautiful day!!!
Gallery Blog
Old 04-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #677
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEE!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #678
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon!

My trip to Corner Brook yesterday was nice. Now that Nicholas is a little older it is SO much easier going places with him. We didn't get a table/chair set though. I saw one that I REALLY wanted but they didn't have it in stock...and it may take months to get in. I kinda liked another set...but Brent convinced me not to get it. He said that I shouldn't have to "settle" for one...and that we should keep looking. He's right. This is a purchase that we will have to live with for a long time...so I am waiting...and looking!

We did get Jarod a bunch of clothes...a few pairs of pants and LOTS of shirts in a bigger size than he has now...all on clearance ($5 and less!!)!! I think we may put some of those up for school this fall....most of them are long sleeved so he probably won't wear it until then anyway.

It was SO warm yesterday!! About 60 degrees or more! Today, its only 33*, but I will take that over freezing and sno any day!

Kramomma ~ I have ditched my winter coat and will not wear it anymore until October!! I have decided that if it is cold, I will wear a sweater under my spring coat!

Paula ~ So sorry for the emotional time you are having. So sorry for the step's and your friend too...
Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #679
Stazon Splitcoast

Study list for the week:

Today

Document in-class assignment (more like a test, but we can use our notes)
  • Put needed info in my Gregg Reference Manual
  • Make sure info need is in my book bag since assignment is tomorrow

Business Final
  • Read over all notes
  • Study quizzes
  • Study at least 5 units

Monday
  • Complete Document assignment (8:30)
  • Read over business notes/quizzes one more time and study last 5 units
  • Help Megan with her Accounting (and study myself)
  • Study short cut keys and proofreader marks for Document final

Tuesday
  • Complete Accounting assignment (more like a test) (8:30)
  • Study Business stuff that I'm having trouble with
  • Complete Business final (7-9 pm)
  • Go over Short cut keys and proofreader marks again
  • Make sure Gregg Reference manual is in my book bag for doc.

Wednesday
  • Complete Document Final (8:30)
  • Start studying Accounting for final on Tuesday
  • Arrange study session with Megan

After Wednesday I will have only one final left to do for the term so I can relax for a day or two! Its nice that I can use the FLYLADY technique of managing time to get all my studying done efficiently!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #680
Stazon Splitcoast

Next 30 minutes:
Read over Business Notes
Closed Thread