Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ohmypaper!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951
Default 1/2 APRIL - reviewing the GAME PLAN

Until April 16. And then EW.

But for now...it's time to review the game plan for 2013.

and it's a TOUCHDOWN - Jan 2013

Chat here or there. Not sure. Maybe here.

Copy / paste your game plan from there to here. Look back...look now....look forward. Tweek. Reasses. GO!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #2
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

It's a bright new day and I am doing well but I have to say that last week my one little word had me wondering if I was in the right place!!!!

The thing to remember is just because it's hard doesn't mean I am not in the right place doing the right thing!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

So far 2013 has been more interesting than 2012...

The vowels haven't been used much...well...at least not in the way I had planned!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:42 AM   #4
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

This month my little word, "discipline" will be put into practice like never before. The boys' food plan is being taken to the next level. It's just easier to cook with all of us on the same plan, so Kevin & I will be following it too.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #5
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
This month my little word, "discipline" will be put into practice like never before. The boys' food plan is being taken to the next level. It's just easier to cook with all of us on the same plan, so Kevin & I will be following it too.
And what would the next level include?
Old 04-01-2013, 04:53 AM   #6
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
And what would the next level include?
No artificial colors, even less sugar, basically nothing that comes out of a package, no white rice, pasta or bread (which we basically do already), no dairy except for cheese or yogurt & not the ice cream kind! (which we basically do already) & they need 34 grams of protein a day. ETA: and we have to cut out vegetable, canola, peanut oils. We don't each much fried food, but we still use a little of those & they are in some of the foods we grab to eat in the car or at a competition. No sausage, pepperoni, bologna, brats, hot dogs.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:58 AM   #7
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
No artificial colors, even less sugar, basically nothing that comes out of a package, no white rice, pasta or bread (which we basically do already), no dairy except for cheese or yogurt & not the ice cream kind! (which we basically do already) & they need 34 grams of protein a day.
Give me a menu plan...all I can think of is...chicken...how many ways can a person make chicken? I wouldn't know!

Do they eat wild rice? (That's a MN thing but it looks like bugs to me...where is the puking smilie...and I do not make it nor eat it unless I am served it...then I gag it down!)

Could they eat bread if it was from fresh ground berries?

Do they eat lots of fresh fruit and fresh veggies?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #8
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Give me a menu plan...all I can think of is...chicken...how many ways can a person make chicken? I wouldn't know!

Do they eat wild rice? (That's a MN thing but it looks like bugs to me...where is the puking smilie...and I do not make it nor eat it unless I am served it...then I gag it down!)

Could they eat bread if it was from fresh ground berries?

Do they eat lots of fresh fruit and fresh veggies?
We can still have beef & pork (chops, ham, loin & ribs) in addition to chicken. It's a really good thing because we don't each much chicken here.

They don't really like wild rice, but the do like brown rice & we eat quite a bit of that.

We aren't big bread eaters at all. But, when we do eat bread we eat a 100% whole wheat & grain bread. I was never a fan of white bread & got Kevin switched before we had kids. We very rarely have biscuits, or garlic bread, etc.

They do eat lots of fruit & some veggies. I *try* for 5 servings of veggies while we are at home, but that gets tricky when we are on the road.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning - Still working on my Change. I'll have to admit I'm going to have to go back to the other and find it to remember all I was going to do. Like someone else has already said. This has been a different year than 2012 was for sure. Not worse, just different with different challenges.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #10
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
No artificial colors, even less sugar, basically nothing that comes out of a package, no white rice, pasta or bread (which we basically do already), no dairy except for cheese or yogurt & not the ice cream kind! (which we basically do already) & they need 34 grams of protein a day. ETA: and we have to cut out vegetable, canola, peanut oils. We don't each much fried food, but we still use a little of those & they are in some of the foods we grab to eat in the car or at a competition. No sausage, pepperoni, bologna, brats, hot dogs.
That is hard on the road. Is there a Whole Foods or Trader Joes near enough for you to get some fancy schmancy convenience items for travel?

What about fish? Or do y'all not like fish? I can't remember now. We use grapeseed oil, olive oil, and coconut oil for the most part. I did just buy organic non-GMO canola oil because all the other oils have a bit of taste and sometimes that's not good. It was $7 for a small bottle. It will be used sparingly.

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I finally got my goals list completed. I have to give credit to some other ladies on here as I did model it after some of them - you'll probably know who you are but THANK YOU!

I think there may be someone else who has also chosen my word but I chose CHANGE. I think this word says all that I need to achieve this year.

1. CHANGE my habits to more healthy ones. I know I need to lose some weight but find it hard to do without exercise. So I am going to challenge myself to exercise 10 minutes, two times a day several days a week. I think this is obtainable. - I still need to work harder on this one. I think I need to print out these goals and post them because I'm sure I wrote it and forgot about it about as quickly. Shame on me.

2. CHANGE my way of thinking about food as well. I also need to CHANGE the fact that we eat out WAAAAYYYYY too much so I need to start cooking at home more. - I have been cooking more at home than going out and I have been making better choices when going out.

3. CHANGE my attitude about myself. I am a good person. I am unique, I am a hard worker. I am loyal. I care about others. I deserve to be treated with respect. I should not have to basically beg for help when I need it. - My kids gave me gift cards for help at Christmas. I'm going to start calling in some of those cards. DD1 is always willing to help but her time can be so limited. DS is always busy but those days may be changing too, he may be moving 2+ hours away so helping here may be more out of the ordinary. DD2 has her own issues and just getting in touch with her can be an adventure sometimes. DSIL always has something he needs to do. And DH, well that's a horse of a different color. LOL But we have talked and he is going to be doing more to help, or so he says.

4. CHANGE the way I take care of my home – make a routine and stick to it. I have so much that needs to be de-cluttered and organized that I get that overwhelmed feeling. I should not have to do it all by myself, others live here too. - I am working on this more each week and you wonderful ladies here have helped with this. While I still don't get the help I'd like at least I am getting more done.

5. CHANGE some of the people I allow into my life. There are those who mean us harm or at least are not good for us. I need to let those kinds of relationships out of my life. - funny how little contact on my part causes even less on their's. It is certainly an easy way to weed out those who don't really care about you anyway.

6. CHANGE the way I do things. Quit starting things and not finishing them. If it was important enough to start it is also important enough to finish. - I can say that I have had the most success with this step. The only things I've started, outside of work, have been working on de-cluttering or organizing. I have not left an area more messy than when I started so I'm feeling pretty good about this one.

To Do List
• Exercise 10 minutes two times a day several days per week.
• Cook at home 3 nights per week to start with and move to only going out on special occasions. It has gotten where I could care less about where we go for dinner because it just isn’t special any more.
• Come up with a group of dinner recipes and menus to choose from and make sure I have, on hand, the items needed to make them so we can eat more at home.
• Spend more time each day working on the de-cluttering and organizing of my home
• Fly - keep on top of keeping our home so that I can achieve the 3 bullet points above

• Manage my reactions and emotions and the effect I allow others to have on me and my way of thinking.

One last thing - Spend some time each week finishing projects I have started. Again, if it was important enough to start, it is also important enough to finish.

So my color code - red - really needs some work; orange - started by could use more work; green - feeling pretty good about it
Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #12

imthenoni, AWESOME list!!! Love your color coding! You are making progress! I think that's one of my favorite phrasees I picked up from Fly Lady....Progress not perfection!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #13
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
That is hard on the road. Is there a Whole Foods or Trader Joes near enough for you to get some fancy schmancy convenience items for travel?

What about fish? Or do y'all not like fish? I can't remember now. We use grapeseed oil, olive oil, and coconut oil for the most part. I did just buy organic non-GMO canola oil because all the other oils have a bit of taste and sometimes that's not good. It was $7 for a small bottle. It will be used sparingly.
I don't really like fish of any kind, except for crocodile & alligator & those really don't count! My guys like fried fish, but fried foods are not okay even when grapeseed or olive oil is used. We use those anyway, I have coconut oil, but haven't used it for anything cooking related yet.

We had been doing really well... then once we started travelling into OKC 2-3 nights for practice & gone every weekend, I starting allowing the goldfish crackers, cheese/peanut butter crackers back in for convenience. We'll just go back to eating oranges for our snacks before practice. I told the coach that I would follow this to a "T" at home (we really already mostly follow it at home. I'm not sure how much protein the boys are getting, so I will keep track.) But, when it comes to eating out & travelling, I'm not going to stress, we'll go with the BEST option.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #14
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
Well I finally got my goals list completed. I have to give credit to some other ladies on here as I did model it after some of them - you'll probably know who you are but THANK YOU!

I think there may be someone else who has also chosen my word but I chose CHANGE. I think this word says all that I need to achieve this year.

1. CHANGE my habits to more healthy ones. I know I need to lose some weight but find it hard to do without exercise. So I am going to challenge myself to exercise 10 minutes, two times a day several days a week. I think this is obtainable. - I still need to work harder on this one. I think I need to print out these goals and post them because I'm sure I wrote it and forgot about it about as quickly. Shame on me.

2. CHANGE my way of thinking about food as well. I also need to CHANGE the fact that we eat out WAAAAYYYYY too much so I need to start cooking at home more. - I have been cooking more at home than going out and I have been making better choices when going out.

3. CHANGE my attitude about myself. I am a good person. I am unique, I am a hard worker. I am loyal. I care about others. I deserve to be treated with respect. I should not have to basically beg for help when I need it. - My kids gave me gift cards for help at Christmas. I'm going to start calling in some of those cards. DD1 is always willing to help but her time can be so limited. DS is always busy but those days may be changing too, he may be moving 2+ hours away so helping here may be more out of the ordinary. DD2 has her own issues and just getting in touch with her can be an adventure sometimes. DSIL always has something he needs to do. And DH, well that's a horse of a different color. LOL But we have talked and he is going to be doing more to help, or so he says.

4. CHANGE the way I take care of my home – make a routine and stick to it. I have so much that needs to be de-cluttered and organized that I get that overwhelmed feeling. I should not have to do it all by myself, others live here too. - I am working on this more each week and you wonderful ladies here have helped with this. While I still don't get the help I'd like at least I am getting more done.

5. CHANGE some of the people I allow into my life. There are those who mean us harm or at least are not good for us. I need to let those kinds of relationships out of my life. - funny how little contact on my part causes even less on their's. It is certainly an easy way to weed out those who don't really care about you anyway.

6. CHANGE the way I do things. Quit starting things and not finishing them. If it was important enough to start it is also important enough to finish. - I can say that I have had the most success with this step. The only things I've started, outside of work, have been working on de-cluttering or organizing. I have not left an area more messy than when I started so I'm feeling pretty good about this one.

To Do List
• Exercise 10 minutes two times a day several days per week.
• Cook at home 3 nights per week to start with and move to only going out on special occasions. It has gotten where I could care less about where we go for dinner because it just isn’t special any more.
• Come up with a group of dinner recipes and menus to choose from and make sure I have, on hand, the items needed to make them so we can eat more at home.
• Spend more time each day working on the de-cluttering and organizing of my home
• Fly - keep on top of keeping our home so that I can achieve the 3 bullet points above

• Manage my reactions and emotions and the effect I allow others to have on me and my way of thinking.

One last thing - Spend some time each week finishing projects I have started. Again, if it was important enough to start, it is also important enough to finish.

So my color code - red - really needs some work; orange - started by could use more work; green - feeling pretty good about it
You are making progress!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #15

I never made a plan in January, but in my long rambling list o' things there were a bunch of things I wanted to do.

I have read 4 books so far this year.
We are spending time outside most days.
I've helped Jeff with the swing set and as frustrating as that sucker has been I am very glad to have helped.
I am sending more cards, but I really need to amp that up. We got sick twice in Feb and I lost momentum.
We went to Shabbat services at my dad's and with my mom.
I'm painting my nails and getting some date clothes, plus I have nice heels now.
Cooking is in spurts. I definitely need to menu plan and try new recipes more often, but there has been some experimenting. I have two cauliflower recipes I like now! And I've cooked fish for supper a few times instead of waiting for Jeff to get home and grill it.
There has been some craft room organization. Lots more needed.
I've been keeping in better touch with my siblings. I'm going to try to do a fashion intervention for my little sister soon. (Not from herself, but from our parents.)
Amelia's sleeping better so I'm sleeping better.
Oh, and I'm exercising a little!

I'll go check my list in a little bit but that's what I remember off the top of my head.

Things I still need to work on:
Bible reading. I have not gotten in a good habit here yet.
Decluttering. I do this often, but I need it to be bigger.
Budgeting. I need to sit down and do this for real. All the time.
Sugar. I eat way too much.
Project Life. It's April and I haven't sat down to do any pages, mostly because I haven't ordered prints. The computer is all patched up, so that is my goal for this month. Order prints. Put em in pages.

And then there's just working on my attitude, tone, etc.

Gallery Blog

Old 04-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #16

Quote:
I don't really like fish of any kind, except for crocodile & alligator & those really don't count! My guys like fried fish, but fried foods are not okay even when grapeseed or olive oil is used. We use those anyway, I have coconut oil, but haven't used it for anything cooking related yet.

We had been doing really well... then once we started travelling into OKC 2-3 nights for practice & gone every weekend, I starting allowing the goldfish crackers, cheese/peanut butter crackers back in for convenience. We'll just go back to eating oranges for our snacks before practice. I told the coach that I would follow this to a "T" at home (we really already mostly follow it at home. I'm not sure how much protein the boys are getting, so I will keep track.) But, when it comes to eating out & travelling, I'm not going to stress, we'll go with the BEST option.
Your new food regimen while traveling would make my head hurt!!! You are awesome!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #17

Quote:
I never made a plan in January, but in my long rambling list o' things there were a bunch of things I wanted to do.

I've helped Jeff with the swing set and as frustrating as that sucker has been I am very glad to have helped.
I am sending more cards, but I really need to amp that up. We got sick twice in Feb and I lost momentum.
I'm painting my nails and getting some date clothes, plus I have nice heels now.
Cooking is in spurts. I definitely need to menu plan and try new recipes more often, but there has been some experimenting. I have two cauliflower recipes I like now! And I've cooked fish for supper a few times instead of waiting for Jeff to get home and grill it.
I've been keeping in better touch with my siblings. I'm going to try to do a fashion intervention for my little sister soon. (Not from herself, but from our parents.)

I'll go check my list in a little bit but that's what I remember off the top of my head.

Project Life. It's April and I haven't sat down to do any pages, mostly because I haven't ordered prints. The computer is all patched up, so that is my goal for this month. Order prints. Put em in pages.

Wow! Another good progress report!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #18

Quote:

Those are REPTILES!!!! Eek!!! No fish sticks at your house!

What about nuts as a snack? Cashews, almonds?

Gallery Blog

Old 04-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #19

Donna, great work!!!

Angie, thanks. I kind of cheated because it was just a list of things I wanted to do, not really an action plan, but I do feel like I'm filling more well more often and from more sources. I've had some freak out days, for sure, but overall I feel more evenkeeled and grateful and therefore more joyful.

Oh, I need to work on using my gratitude journal! I forget to write in it.

Gallery Blog

Old 04-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #20
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Those are REPTILES!!!! Eek!!! No fish sticks at your house!

What about nuts as a snack? Cashews, almonds?

Fish sticks (bleck!!!!) My kids never got into them.

Reptiles are YUM-O!!!!

We like raw almonds & raisin mix. The cashews are a bad thing here. We open a can & boom! They are completely gone!!!

I need to see if my local grocery store carries whole wheat crackers & buy cheese to go with them. I'll just have to remember to do that ahead of time to have the cheese cut up & then remember to grab them out of the fridge. (see a theme here... REMEMBER! )

Old 04-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #21

Same thing here with the cashews. I get the ones at Walgreens that don't have salt.

Is hummus ok?

Gallery Blog

Old 04-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #22
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:
Same thing here with the cashews. I get the ones at Walgreens that don't have salt.

Is hummus ok?
Hummus is okay, I don't think my boys have ever had it.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

My goals for 2013

Household:

Do daily routine
Do weekly routine
Do mini challenges

Clean out clutter

Crafting:

Organize and use what I have
Start making cards for OWH
Make and send cards for all family for birthday and holidays.
Make albums for Zachary and my kids
Get all photos scanned onto computer
Take a photo class

Personal:

Eat healthy
Exercise
Continue bible study
Learn how to better use my computer

Read more: and it's a TOUCHDOWN - Jan 2013

Good morning. I'm ka bit slow toady. Actually I've been busy making special breakfast for ds and ddil. .... They leave tomorrow.

So this is my list I will assess it later.

100 creations in 100 days 20/100
This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #24
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Goals for April:

Food:
Change snacks
Come up with 2 meals that can be made ahead & taken with us on the road

Office Phase 2:
Unload bookshelves
Move bookshelves/replace books

Condense craft stuff
Touch up paint on wall
Remove carpet
Put in new flooring
Move craft stuff
Write down dimensions for desk
Make desk
Touch up paint
Change photo taking area
Paint cabinets

Last edited by Scraperwannabe; 04-03-2013 at 09:46 AM..
Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post
imthenoni, AWESOME list!!! Love your color coding! You are making progress! I think that's one of my favorite phrasees I picked up from Fly Lady....Progress not perfection!
Thank you Angie. I like the thought "Progress not profection" I'm certainly not hitting profection but I AM making Progress for sure. It feels kinda good.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #26
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
You are making progress!!!
Thank you.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #27
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oh, and I'm exercising a little!

Paula,

Your list is wonderful and you should be proud of it. There are some things on your list that made me think I need to add them to my list as well.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Donna, great work!!!

Angie, thanks. I kind of cheated because it was just a list of things I wanted to do, not really an action plan, but I do feel like I'm filling more well more often and from more sources. I've had some freak out days, for sure, but overall I feel more evenkeeled and grateful and therefore more joyful.

Oh, I need to work on using my gratitude journal! I forget to write in it.
Thank you so much. It does feel good for sure.

I also think you should be proud of your list, even if it is "just a list of things" you want to do - having a list is having a list and a beginning to marking things off that list. I'm glad you're feeling better and that the freak out days are fewer and evenkeeled and greatful and joyful more often.

If it makes you feel any better I too have forgotten about the gratitude journal. I really need to write in mine or should I say I need to start one (that would be a better thing to say about it for me).
Old 04-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #29
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercher View Post
My goals for 2013

Household:

Do daily routine
Do weekly routine
Do mini challenges

Clean out clutter

Crafting:

Organize and use what I have
Start making cards for OWH
Make and send cards for all family for birthday and holidays.
Make albums for Zachary and my kids
Get all photos scanned onto computer
Take a photo class

Personal:

Eat healthy
Exercise
Continue bible study
Learn how to better use my computer

Good morning. I'm ka bit slow toady. Actually I've been busy making special breakfast for ds and ddil. .... They leave tomorrow.

So this is my list I will assess it later.
Great list Cher!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Goals for April:

Food:
Change snacks
Come up with 2 meals that can be made ahead & taken with us on the road

Office Phase 2:
Unload bookshelves
Move bookshelves/replace books
Condense craft stuff
Remove carpet
Replace flooring
Move craft stuff
Write down dimensions for desk
Make desk
Touch up paint
Change photo taking area
Paint cabinets
I like your lists. Maybe we could all brainstorm to come up with some road meals. What about tuna? Do they like tuna? Or chicken salad? We add dried cranberry, rosemary, garlic salt, pepper & just enough mayo to make it stick together. It works great in pita (which comes in whole wheat) with lettuce & tomato. I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas as well.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I have been doing horrible with my goals. Its nice to see them again and remind myself of wanted I wanted (and still want) to do, though.

Good job to the rest of you who have been keeping up with your goals!! You guys are awesome!!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
I think I have been doing horrible with my goals. Its nice to see them again and remind myself of wanted I wanted (and still want) to do, though.

Good job to the rest of you who have been keeping up with your goals!! You guys are awesome!!
You have not been doing horrible with your goals. You're going to school and kicking rear with your grades. You spend time with your kids and Brent. Maybe it's time to tweak things so there's more Patricia time, but you aren't doing horrible.

Gallery Blog

Old 04-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #33
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
You have not been doing horrible with your goals. You're going to school and kicking rear with your grades. You spend time with your kids and Brent. Maybe it's time to tweak things so there's more Patricia time, but you aren't doing horrible.
Awwww....thanks! I feel like I should be doing more...but I know that I have accomplished a lot. I think there should be a little more "living" in there too somewhere.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #34
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcousins13 View Post
Awwww....thanks! I feel like I should be doing more...but I know that I have accomplished a lot. I think there should be a little more "living" in there too somewhere.
There will be a lot more "living" in there when you finish school...it is a short term discipline to have a long term enjoyment!

You get up every day and accomplish a lot...even when you feel physically drained...

I have a friend that tells me I accomplish more on a bad day than most people do on a good day! I told her I will take that as a compliment...and say thank you to my FlyFriends because those are the people who have made a difference in my abilities!
Attached Thumbnails
oct_flowers-pink-green_img_3821.jpg  

Last edited by kramomma; 04-02-2013 at 07:30 AM..
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
There will be a lot more "living" in there when you finish school...it is a short term discipline to have a long term enjoyment!

You get up every day and accomplish a lot...even when you feel physically drained...

I have a friend that tells me I accomplish more on a bad day than most people do on a good day! I told her I will take that as a compliment...and say thank you to my FlyFriends because those are the people who have made a difference in my abilities!
Thank you. You are so right. I have accomplished more in this year already than I did all last year. You guys help out a lot...and you are all inspirations to me.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast

Patricia - ditto what has been said so far - you are doing wonderful things and far more than you give yourself credit for.

Kramomma - I like what your friend said and, like you, I thank my Flyfriends for pushing me to do better.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #37
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to stamplady_13

Ok so found my game plan. I knew I wrote my post number down somewhere but couldn't remember where so I just had to scan through a few pages. I found the post where I mentioned writing down the post number (and right below that was the post with my goals). I looked up above my computer monitor (where the post told me to look) and sure enough, there it was! "BALANCE #179"
Old 04-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #38
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to stamplady_13
Default GAME PLAN UPDATE

oK..so here are my thoughts on achieving balance this year. I need to Balance husband, kids, home, health, work and myself (notice I put myself last. not a good sign).

HOME

1 load of laundry per day w/d/f/p YEP
15 min. of FLYing each week day (at least) MOSTLY
Weekly home blessing SOMETIMES...
5 min. hot spot patrol YEP

I am a payroll SHE. This doesn't seem like much but it's actually a step up from what I've been doing which has just been picking up enough to control the CHAOS.

HEALTH

Exercise 3x per week I KEEP TRYING BUT I KEEP GETTING SICK (BRONCHITIS/ASTHMA)
No sweets except special occasions GOOD EXCEPT FOR THE EASTER CANDY...
3 servings fruit/veggies per day (not RDA but better than I'm doing) DOING BETTER

HUSBAND

Date night monthly NO BUT WE HAVE BEEN ON A COUPLE DATES

KIDS

30 min quality time per day (playing, reading,etc) WORKING ON IT
Notice & comment on at least 3 positive things per kid, per day YES

ME

Monthly massage YEP
Weekly hour to myself YEP
Bed by 10PM school nights so I can read, journal, sudoku for 1/2 hr (me time) NO BUT DOING BETTER

WORK

On time every day NO BUT DOING BETTER
Document sessions daily or at least within same week IMPROVING

Well....I'm working on it. This was really good to check in and remind myself of where I want to be.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #39

I have been doing a little review each month of my little word.

My review for April was that my DO was walked out by taking action.

We had several small home catastrophes that felt large at the moment and made tons of work for me.

I just kept moving and DOING through it. Things are almost back to normal around here.

What a year of DO it has been for me!!!

On the self-acceptance....hmmmmmm.....not sure .....it's a work in progress!
mrslaird likes this post.