Prize Winner!

by gaylestamps

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love LOVE Love my Die Totes

I recently updated my die storage, after looking on the internet for awhile, I thought Stamp N Storage would fit my needs best! After I am all organized, I LOVE it!!!
Thanks!!

I did a blog post with tons of pictures, GREAT product happy to share my joy!!!
3 Monkeys throwing around some....PAPER!!!: Organizing Ideas: Stamp N Storage Die Tote, Organizing Dies & Framelits
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Tell us how you really feel. LOL Well I LOVE your solution and your blog post. (I'll put a comment there.) The right organization can feels as good as actually making something!

Question - I don't have that many dies, and am happy with my system - an upright flip-through system like yours, modified from Jennifer McGuires. But I don't use magnetic sheets; my dies are in pockets and backed by cardstock.

Do you like the sheets because you can see the dies better, especially the tiny ones that otherwise would fall to the bottom of the pocket?

For my little dies, i've been making a die cut in a dark color and copying it onto the cardstock by running the cardstock through my copier, if that makes sense. But I'm creating extra steps that way. Not a big deal, since I started doing this almost from the get go, but still... thoughts?
Splitcoast Platinum Partner Company

We loved your blog post! We're very happy that you love your new die storage!

In answer to the question about why having the dies on our Magnet Cards is helpful, is because they are very sturdy and easily magnetize when you place the wafer dies on them. When they are on the Magnet Cards, you can take them on and off the cards quickly and everything stays together!

We sell a Die Tote made out of Baltic Birch wood that helps keep the Magnet Cards all together. With the angled back of the Tote, it's simple to flip through your Magnet Card collection!

Visit our Splitcoaststampers Gallery
Insane Embellisher

My first purchase from Stamp-n-Storage is a medium die tote with a lid, and the magnet cards for it. I'm eagerly waiting for it to arrive. I've made labels for each die already to put on the magnet cards when they get here.

I love all their products. My next purchase is going to be a stamp pad holder with the reinker storage.

Free cat hair with every card!
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkiemonstermomView Post
I recently updated my die storage, after looking on the internet for awhile, I thought Stamp N Storage would fit my needs best! After I am all organized, I LOVE it!!!
Thanks!!

I did a blog post with tons of pictures, GREAT product happy to share my joy!!!
3 Monkeys throwing around some....PAPER!!!: Organizing Ideas: Stamp N Storage Die Tote, Organizing Dies & Framelits
I'm glad to hear how much you love your die totes since I have one on the way. love your blog post!

Free cat hair with every card!

Awesome! We love the Die Totes too!

Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp-n-StorageView Post
We loved your blog post! We're very happy that you love your new die storage!

In answer to the question about why having the dies on our Magnet Cards is helpful, is because they are very sturdy and easily magnetize when you place the wafer dies on them. When they are on the Magnet Cards, you can take them on and off the cards quickly and everything stays together!

We sell a Die Tote made out of Baltic Birch wood that helps keep the Magnet Cards all together. With the angled back of the Tote, it's simple to flip through your Magnet Card collection!
Thank you. I like that it's balsa wood, so is light weight.

My dies are in roughly 5x5 pockets from SSS, and the larger ones in bigger pockets. I just take the die out of the pocket, or if it's tiny, turn the pocket so the die plops into my hand.

So I'm wondering about the advantage of magnetic sheets. Though answering my own question, maybe if you have a set - like circles or rectangles of different sizes - it's easier to just pick out the die you're using, rather than having them loose and jingly, and then having to put them carefully back. They stay still, in other words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post

My dies are in roughly 5x5 pockets from SSS, and the larger ones in bigger pockets. I just take the die out of the pocket, or if it's tiny, turn the pocket so the die plops into my hand.

So I'm wondering about the advantage of magnetic sheets. Though answering my own question, maybe if you have a set - like circles or rectangles of different sizes - it's easier to just pick out the die you're using, rather than having them loose and jingly, and then having to put them carefully back. They stay still, in other words.
Right, the wafer dies stay tight on the Magnet Card until you need to take a piece or more off of the card. They are very sturdy and it's as easy as snapping them on and off the Magnet Card. No worry with having to put them in pockets.

Gallery Gazer

I'm such a pocket addict that I'll keep my dies in pockets, and use the magnetic cards for tiny dies that fall to the bottom of pockets, and dies like multi-sized squares or circles.

Quote:

I'm such a pocket addict that I'll keep my dies in pockets, and use the magnetic cards for tiny dies that fall to the bottom of pockets, and dies like multi-sized squares or circles.
That would work! Awesome!

Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Quote:

I am a Stamp n Storage magnet sheet Afficianato....these magnet sheets are the most secure, user-friendly way to store dies that I have ever tried. I started out with one set to try and immediately followed with another order, and another and another. (The storage totes are not necessary for me because I lucked out and had 2 drawers in a custom made wood stamp cabinet that by sheer luck fit the larger magnet sheets perfectly. If I didn't have these I would DEFINITELY use the S n' S die totes!)

Back to what makes these magnet sheets worth their weight in gold.
1) the dies stay exactly where they are placed until you peel them off. No pop-off's, ever. The absolute #1 selling point for me.

2) no "fiddling" to use the dies. No pockets, no digging for the exact die you want, no dropping dies in the floor or work space. When I want to use a die, I flip through the stack, pull the card out and place on work space, use the die, return to magnet sheet and put back into drawer.

3) every die stored on the magnet sheet is visible. Sounds obvious, but the color of metal dies is a nice high contrast on the black magnet. Very nice!

4) easy to rearrange sets of dies as your collection expands. Add, subtract, cluster like shaped dies - all this is takes only a minute or two to accomplish.
I use 3M Post-it Tape to label dies sets (includes name of die & # of dies in set, etc.). Since this tape is removable, the label can be easily peeled off and put on another magnet sheet, if necessary. Works like a charm! :cool:

5) magnet sheets are awesome to use for in-progress projects. I always have a couple of magnet cards marked with Post-it tape as Card Project. This is where I place all the dies that I am using for a specific card project. It makes for a tidy work surface and there is no danger of misplacing a die in a sea of clutter on my work surface.

The magnet sheets eliminate so many frustrations associated with organizing and using my ever expanding collection of dies. Totally AWESOME product, in my humble opinion. I am so thankful to have found them, and Stamp n Storage has been a wonderful company to do business with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
I am a Stamp n Storage magnet sheet Afficianato....these magnet sheets are the most secure, user-friendly way to store dies that I have ever tried. I started out with one set to try and immediately followed with another order, and another and another. (The storage totes are not necessary for me because I lucked out and had 2 drawers in a custom made wood stamp cabinet that by sheer luck fit the larger magnet sheets perfectly. If I didn't have these I would DEFINITELY use the S n' S die totes!)

Back to what makes these magnet sheets worth their weight in gold.
1) the dies stay exactly where they are placed until you peel them off. No pop-off's, ever. The absolute #1 selling point for me.

2) no "fiddling" to use the dies. No pockets, no digging for the exact die you want, no dropping dies in the floor or work space. When I want to use a die, I flip through the stack, pull the card out and place on work space, use the die, return to magnet sheet and put back into drawer.

3) every die stored on the magnet sheet is visible. Sounds obvious, but the color of metal dies is a nice high contrast on the black magnet. Very nice!

4) easy to rearrange sets of dies as your collection expands. Add, subtract, cluster like shaped dies - all this is takes only a minute or two to accomplish.
I use 3M Post-it Tape to label dies sets (includes name of die & # of dies in set, etc.). Since this tape is removable, the label can be easily peeled off and put on another magnet sheet, if necessary. Works like a charm! :cool:

5) magnet sheets are awesome to use for in-progress projects. I always have a couple of magnet cards marked with Post-it tape as Card Project. This is where I place all the dies that I am using for a specific card project. It makes for a tidy work surface and there is no danger of misplacing a die in a sea of clutter on my work surface.

The magnet sheets eliminate so many frustrations associated with organizing and using my ever expanding collection of dies. Totally AWESOME product, in my humble opinion. I am so thankful to have found them, and Stamp n Storage has been a wonderful company to do business with.
You're so kind! Thanks for the great review of the Magnet Cards! We're so happy that you like them so much.