Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-19-2011, 06:07 AM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Weekly Musical Challenge #20

Thank you to all of you that played last week's musical challenge; American Soldier by Toby Keith.

The winner of the cards made for last week's musical is: Tryingtofindtime

Way to go Tryingtofindtime. As you know I was not able to make a card last week due to the back issue. However, I will get one made and out to you. If you would please pm me your address so I can let everyone know where to send their cards.

Ladies, let's keep in mind that we all love it when we see comments under our cards. So please let's all try to leave love under everyone's creations.

Woo Hoo It's time to announce this week's song. Is everybody ready?? Here we go. This week's song is:

Sissy's Song by Alan Jackson

(You can listen to the song by clicking on the title above.)

Here are a few of the lyrics:

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me

If you are new to the challenge this is how it works. Each week I choose a song. I then ask you to make a card that is inspired by the chosen song. Then post your card here in the forum and we can leave our comments and chat about it. Then next Saturday I will put everyone's name that made a card for this challenge into a drawing. The winner will be the recipient of the cards made for this challenge. Therefore I will ask you to consider sending your card to whomever is the lucky recipient. However, it is NOT mandatory that you send your card out. You may use it for whatever you wish.

Also, please remember in order to have your name put in the drawing you MUST post your card here in the forum before next Saturday.

Please use the keyword: DDMCC20

HAPPY CREATING!!!!

I will add my card later today.

Have Fun!!!!

Last edited by DellsDani; 04-02-2011 at 02:15 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 906 Likes on 576 Posts

I'll have a go at the card when I get home from making cards LOL. I'll be OUT first time in a few months so I can't wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
I'll have a go at the card when I get home from making cards LOL. I'll be OUT first time in a few months so I can't wait.
You go girl. Hey btw thank you for putting the swap in your siggy. I appreciate the help on getting the word out. That goes for the challenges as well. Thank you.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well ladies, I need to stretch so I am going to get on outta here. I am hoping to get my bills paid and then make my card for this week's song. Hopefully a few more as well. I will probably be back on later in the day. Here are ((((huggs)))) for those of you that want them and here are HUGE (((((((HUGGS)))))) for those of you that need them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #5  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Red face Checkin' In!

Hi Musical Challenge Ladies! I'm BACK! Home from a 2 week (mostly business) road trip.... I have to say it quietly because I know how much Dani would like to be traveling (smile!) Well, maybe not right now while her back is giving her fits ...

I know just the stamp I want to use for this challenge and hopefully if I get time to do last week's I'll get a card off to the winner (TryingToFindTime). My DH painted my stamp/scrap room while I was gone (Lavendar) and today I got everything put back and organized. I should have Major MOJO goin' but it seems to be missing...it does feel good to be home!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Hi Musical Challenge Ladies! I'm BACK! Home from a 2 week (mostly business) road trip.... I have to say it quietly because I know how much Dani would like to be traveling (smile!) Well, maybe not right now while her back is giving her fits ...

I know just the stamp I want to use for this challenge and hopefully if I get time to do last week's I'll get a card off to the winner (TryingToFindTime). My DH painted my stamp/scrap room while I was gone (Lavendar) and today I got everything put back and organized. I should have Major MOJO goin' but it seems to be missing...it does feel good to be home!
Welcome Back!!!! and I heard you. You didn't take me with you. Waaaaa ...hehe...Wow lavendar..that is what color my dh is going to paint mine. If he ever is home long enough...lol...Well I hope you do get some major mojo...if you do please send some my way...hehe...I can't wait to see which stamp you are going to use for this challenge. So hurry and get that mojo a workin girl...lol j/k...I really do look forward to seeing your card. I am just being goofy from lack of sleep. And with that said..I shall hush so I can go try to get some sleep. Welcome Back!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 06:15 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's a great song. I'll have to think on this one.

Dani-I sent you a pm with my address. thank you to anyone that sends me cards. They are going to go in my stash of OWH Hero cards. I'm need to make 150 by mid april. then my Daughter's JROTC class is going to write letters in them. them off they go to spread some good cheer! so thank you again in advance to anyone and everyone that sends a card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofindtimeView Post
that's a great song. I'll have to think on this one.

Dani-I sent you a pm with my address. thank you to anyone that sends me cards. They are going to go in my stash of OWH Hero cards. I'm need to make 150 by mid april. then my Daughter's JROTC class is going to write letters in them. them off they go to spread some good cheer! so thank you again in advance to anyone and everyone that sends a card.
You are so welcome. That is so awesome of your daughter and her friends to do that. I will have to go thru my stash and see if I can send you a few extras. Try to help you reach that 150. I can't promise there will be a lot of them. However, you need each one in order to add up to 150 right?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #9  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Red face LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDaniView Post
Welcome Back!!!! and I heard you. You didn't take me with you. Waaaaa ...hehe...Wow lavendar..that is what color my dh is going to paint mine. If he ever is home long enough...lol...Well I hope you do get some major mojo...if you do please send some my way...hehe...I can't wait to see which stamp you are going to use for this challenge. So hurry and get that mojo a workin girl...lol j/k...I really do look forward to seeing your card. I am just being goofy from lack of sleep. And with that said..I shall hush so I can go try to get some sleep. Welcome Back!!!!
Dani, I would have loved for you to have come along. This conference was at the newly renovated Opryland Hotel & Conv Center in Nashville, TN. It was beautiful inside! I had a room overlooking the Delta Courtyard which has waterfalls, water fountain and a little river that you could ride a boat through. When I wasn't at our booth, I was exploring! It would have been fun to enjoy together!

Today we're off for a First Day of Spring Drive to enjoy the sunshine we finally have and hope to find some signs of Spring
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

You are so welcome. That is so awesome of your daughter and her friends to do that. I will have to go thru my stash and see if I can send you a few extras. Try to help you reach that 150. I can't promise there will be a lot of them. However, you need each one in order to add up to 150 right?
your absolutely correct, every card counts. there are 150 kids in her JROTC class so that's one card for each cadet to write a note and sign. 150 soldiers will each get a "thank You Hero" card. It gives me chills when I think about it. It's been a ton of work making all the cards, but totally worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Dani, I would have loved for you to have come along. This conference was at the newly renovated Opryland Hotel & Conv Center in Nashville, TN. It was beautiful inside! I had a room overlooking the Delta Courtyard which has waterfalls, water fountain and a little river that you could ride a boat through. When I wasn't at our booth, I was exploring! It would have been fun to enjoy together!

Today we're off for a First Day of Spring Drive to enjoy the sunshine we finally have and hope to find some signs of Spring
see now because of you my daughter thinks I am nuts..lol...when I first started reading this I put my fingers in my ears and did the lalalala I can't hear you...then I did the hands over my eyes and said HA I can't see what you typed. LOLOL It sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful time. I would sooooo love to go see the newly renovated Opryland Hotel. I bet it was beautiful. Well if you ever go again, please remember to give me notice so I can meet you there. K? We had rain all day. I guess that is a sign of spring. It will melt the snow anyways...lol Again, welcome back.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

your absolutely correct, every card counts. there are 150 kids in her JROTC class so that's one card for each cadet to write a note and sign. 150 soldiers will each get a "thank You Hero" card. It gives me chills when I think about it. It's been a ton of work making all the cards, but totally worth it.
Did you put a shout out in the forum that allows you to request cards??? If not, that is a great place to get help full filling that kind of card count. How many more do you need? Be honest because I do have a lot of cards in my stash and I am willing to share. Ok?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, I finally got off my butt, to sit at the table and get this card made. Loving the little chalk brushes, Thanks

Sissy's Song Musical Challenge by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member

Aren't those awesome to get chalk into small areas? I need to go look at your card now. I bet it is awesome. BRB

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Ok, I finally got off my butt, to sit at the table and get this card made. Loving the little chalk brushes, Thanks

Sissy's Song Musical Challenge by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Yep your card is very pretty. I like that you are using Spellbinders. And I love the image you chose. Great Job!!!! And you are so welcome for the little chalk brushes. Now I need to get some of that awesome adhesive out to you.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts

subbing since I'm so freakin late again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Yep your card is very pretty. I like that you are using Spellbinders. And I love the image you chose. Great Job!!!! And you are so welcome for the little chalk brushes. Now I need to get some of that awesome adhesive out to you.
so what's this awesome adhesive you're talking about. I must know. I'm always looking for great stuff. I just got the ATG gun and really like it.

If you look in my siggy I have my OWH counts there. I think I'm at 118 or 125 something like that. I'll have to post this and look. I'm almost there. My mom's card club is making cards for this, this month. when she comes to visit the 2nd weekend in April she'll bring those up. Any cards over my goal of 150 will be a bonus.

No I hadn't posted a request anywheres, I wanted to do a bunch myself, no I'm so tired of making them it's not fun anymore (losing my mojo on them) so the help is great. Still trying to decide if I'm going to do this again next year. I'll have to see how the kids respond to the cards. If they really enjoy it then I'll be doing this all over again. but I will give myself more time next year. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

oh look, I'm at 138 out of 150. I'm doing better than I remember.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by raduseView Post
subbing since I'm so freakin late again.

It's only Monday. You aren't late.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 01:51 AM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

so what's this awesome adhesive you're talking about. I must know. I'm always looking for great stuff. I just got the ATG gun and really like it.

If you look in my siggy I have my OWH counts there. I think I'm at 118 or 125 something like that. I'll have to post this and look. I'm almost there. My mom's card club is making cards for this, this month. when she comes to visit the 2nd weekend in April she'll bring those up. Any cards over my goal of 150 will be a bonus.

No I hadn't posted a request anywheres, I wanted to do a bunch myself, no I'm so tired of making them it's not fun anymore (losing my mojo on them) so the help is great. Still trying to decide if I'm going to do this again next year. I'll have to see how the kids respond to the cards. If they really enjoy it then I'll be doing this all over again. but I will give myself more time next year. ;)
it's a double sided adheasive called "res-q-tape" it's all I use now except if I have a very very small spot that needs adhesive then I use a snail. The ATG gun was too big and clumsy plus I am left handed and was having a hard time seeing where the adhesive was being laid down. Do you have a WalMart near you? If so, it is in the sewing department. I love the stuff. I use it to secure everything.
Yes, there is a forum called Card Requests. If you should decide to do this next year, make sure to post the request and you will get some help making these 150 cards. I understand it not being fun anymore. Well hopefully between all of us we can help you get to that 150 mark.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 02:06 AM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'morning everyone. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I hope this week goes by fast. DH comes home for the weekend. I haven't seen him since Valentine's Day weekend.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

it's a double sided adheasive called "res-q-tape" it's all I use now except if I have a very very small spot that needs adhesive then I use a snail. The ATG gun was too big and clumsy plus I am left handed and was having a hard time seeing where the adhesive was being laid down. Do you have a WalMart near you? If so, it is in the sewing department. I love the stuff. I use it to secure everything.
Yes, there is a forum called Card Requests. If you should decide to do this next year, make sure to post the request and you will get some help making these 150 cards. I understand it not being fun anymore. Well hopefully between all of us we can help you get to that 150 mark.
cool thanks. I will check that out. Ok next questions. what is a snail. I've never heard of that either. someone else just mention that. I have an ATG and I love it. but I do see how its clumsy and wouldn't work for left handed people. My mom's a lefty and I don't think it would work for her either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

a snail is the adhesive, small, gun made by Stamping up. There is also the Tape Runner which is produced by Creative memories but I think you can get similar at Michaels by Tombow..I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

I mailed 2 off to you today. Hope the postal gets them to you on time. But you should certainly ask for help if you do it next year. There are plenty of people willing to help.

Quote:

oh look, I'm at 138 out of 150. I'm doing better than I remember.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies, to those of you that sent cards out to Dawnie. She had her surgery and so far so good. She is going to keep me posted. If she is not able her uncle will. She is still in ICU, however, she says she should be going to a normal room today or tommorrow. As I hear from her I will post to you and let you know. She still is saying thank you to those of you that have sent her cards and are still sending her cards. Thank you for helping to keep her spirits up.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 06:42 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

a snail is the adhesive, small, gun made by Stamping up. There is also the Tape Runner which is produced by Creative memories but I think you can get similar at Michaels by Tombow..I think.
I have a tape runner by tombow. I have found that so many of the tape runners even though they say permanant just don't stay stuck. so far my ATG has stayed stuck. lol.

I had to redo a whole set of recipe cards cards cuz when I pulled them out of my bag before I send them, a recipe popped up. I was so annoyed. so I re-glued everything. Such a waste....on so many levels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I mailed 2 off to you today. Hope the postal gets them to you on time. But you should certainly ask for help if you do it next year. There are plenty of people willing to help.
thank again. I'll let you know when I get them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #28  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'morning everyone. It's a dreary day here in the Dells so it's a perfect day for stamping. And I feel pretty good today so I ought to get stuff done. As long as I remember to get up and walk around some. Yay!!!!

tryingtofindtime, I now use Res Q Tape. I found it in the sewing section at Walmart. It holds everything on. Knock on wood I haven't had a problem. I even use it to hold buttons and stuff on. It's inexpensive for the amount you get too. I love it!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ya think I could use it to glue my legs back on...all day running around looking for a clothes washer..UUUGGGHHH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm going to look for that next time I go to walmart. it sounds great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #31  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kristyn if you want to try it, pm me your address and I will send you some. It truely is the only adhesive I use. Unless its a very small space then I use a snail.

I want to remind everyone that this weekend I will not be around. My DH is coming home for the weekend and we are going to go to Illinois to be with our grandchildren. I may bring my laptop so I can chat and stuff should DH fall asleep early, however, I am not sure of that yet. FMcrafter, graciously agreed to host this weekend for me. Therefore she will be picking the song and doing the drawing. I will get my card posted tomorrow or Thursday. So if everyone could remember this...if you have any questions this weekend please send them to FMcrafter. I am sure she will do her best to answer them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

And that gives me total freedom to run rampant maahhhhahhhhh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #33  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

And that gives me total freedom to run rampant maahhhhahhhhh
See ladies, don't give her too much slack on that leash of hers. Give her an inch and she will run a muck. lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #34  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well ladies, I finally finished my card for Sissy's Song.

My card: Sissy's Song

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

luvs to your card. I'm so glad you are well enough to get one made.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Whist you are away having fun with DH I will be here slaving away!!!! Actually I need to get my taxes done..which I hate with the utmost.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm trying to figure out how to upload a card......I've read some of the instructions, but which card category do I use and how or where do I enter the code for this challenge?? Soooo confused!!! lol
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Musical Challenge #20-love.jpg  

Last edited by Suzy800; 03-23-2011 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: Can't figure out how to upload my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, first of all GREAT CARD!!!!!!

When in the gallery, you choose UPLOAD CARD. I always place it in the members gallery they may move it to another one if it meet certain criteria.
put in all the info about the card you can/ Submit
on this 2nd screen there is a place for the KEYWORD that's where you put the code

am I making any sense..just coming out of a migraine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #39  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks FMcrafter......that totally makes sense. So then once I have it loaded into the gallery, how do I attach a link to that gallery pick on these posts. For some reason I ended up loading the actual card to my post. :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Once it is all loaded on the gallery, click on the image so it is full screen and not a buch of your stuff.

in the address bar (http://www.splitcoast) CTRL +C to copy the link.

change to the forum where the challenge is and paste (CTRL + V) the link into the quick reply box along with whatever text or message you wish to say.

When you click on POST QUICK REPLY the link should show up as the name of your card.

OOPS forgot to say there is sometimes a delay when you post your card in your gallery. This gives the moderators time to ensure you got everything OK and approve your image. Once you have been on a while there doesn't seem to be a delay anymore. There are days when the gallery is really busy and doesn't seem to load up. This is not an issue with you just with SCS being really busy.

Last edited by FMcrafter; 03-24-2011 at 07:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes