Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 08:50 AM   #81
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! Finally getting caught up after being gone from home for three weeks. How does the house getting dirty when no one is here but the cat?

Made these while at a Laura's house in FL. 5 for a swap and the rest for my stash. The bookcase is where I keep my paper stash and organizing it is top on my list of crafty goals for this year. Does anyone follow Tiffany Spaulding's Organizational Challenge? I plan to use her method when I sort the paper and kits. Once the cardstock is sorted light to dark by color and in ROY G BIV it will go where the 3 empty plastic containers are on the book case.
Attached Thumbnails
book-case.jpg   wine-swap.jpg   card-stock-stack.jpg  
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100

Last edited by auntangie; 01-19-2014 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: added picture
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #82
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntangie View Post
Good morning! Finally getting caught up after being gone from home for three weeks. How does the house getting dirty when no one is here but the cat?

Made these while at a Laura's house in FL. 5 for a swap and the rest for my stash. The bookcase is where I keep my paper stash and organizing it is top on my list of crafty goals for this year. Does anyone follow Tiffany Spaulding's Organizational Challenge? I plan to use her method when I sort the paper and kits. Once the cardstock is sorted light to dark by color and in ROY G BIV it will go where the 3 empty plastic containers are on the book case.
Looks good, is there a link to the organizational challenge?
Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company Designer
Old 01-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Angie, I really like that wine card!
I like how you have the paper and cardstock on it's side, so you can see the ends of each sheet and hopefully the colour. I have mine stacked....much harder to see.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, ladies!!! I got very sidetracked last year so didn't finish out the year. I tore my room apart in June/July and have been very slowly finding a good home for everything. Needless to say, I couldn't find anything to make cards with. I thought I had it pretty much organized by Thanksgiving when my sister decided to get rid of all her goodies. She hasn't been making cards very much. I went through her stamps and ended up with a whole lot of new to me stamps. I took all the ones I knew were her favorites so she can use them whenever she gets the urge to make a card. She started throwing other things into the boxes (not big ones) and now I still have to find room for them. I just got into a slump for a few months. My husband has been working with a group of girls painting murals on a couple walls of our children's reading room in the library. The project is taking forever because the girls don't want to end their creative time together. When we told them they can still get together and draw in their sketchbooks, but they have to get the walls done. They will have them done by the end of next week. We're going to have a small ribbon cutting ceremony on Feb. 1. They have to have it finished then because my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer a couple weeks ago. He has done all the tests and scans and we go in to talk to the doctor next Tuesday to find out if it has spread and what the treatment options will be. He is not doing very well. He's so tired all the time and in pain.

Last year I didn't do very much spending because I wanted to wait until I have everything organized again. The reason for the reorganization was I wanted to put a twin bed in the room for when the girls ever get a chance to come to MT. I didn't realize how much storage space I lost by taking out a small table. I'm hoping to be able to get back into the groove and be on here more. I think of all the threads I belong to, this is the one I missed the most.
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FionaB View Post
I joined the challenge last year, and also the one to make 8 (my goal) Christmas cards per month. I fell off that particular wagon in February - having made 15 in January - and didn't make another until December, when I made 14! So this year Iwill join again but set my sights realistically lower.

The S2S challenge lasted a little longer - maybe March? - and I was so disheartened by my failings that I stopped visiting SCS altogether, made very few cards all year and stopped blogging Life wasn't easy and I was depressed, but now things have improved a lot and I'm rarin' to go with a fresh start; I really enjoyed making cards before Christmas and can't think how I considered giving up! I hope the clean slate starts with January 1 because I've gone mad over the past few days and ordered several bits and pieces, but they won't arrive until next year so will give me a boost without putting me in the red

I've decided that one of my weaknesses is buying new embossing folders and not using them so this year I'll put a coloured sticker on each one as I use it and, at the end of the year, see if I should get rid of some as not being my style any more.
I like your idea of putting stickers on your embossing folders. I need to do that with some cutting dies I have. I use my Cameo more for cutting things out. My DH likes to "borrow" my folders for when he wants to add a little "texture" to one of his drawings. He rubs pencils over the designs. He forgets to give them back.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
Posting a little early because I actually made a sample card already.
Our challenge this week will be to finish a card that you have already started and is on your crafting table. The organizing part will be to work on cleaning off our work tables. Before and after photos would be proof. I am posting my before photo and hope to have an after photo by the end of the week. Looking at the picture, can you actually believe I can even make a card on that table.
My whole room looks like your table.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

I have spent most of the afternoon catching up on your posts. I originally turned on my computer to do my tax test before the end of next week. Then I decided to catch up on emails on the addy I don't use on a daily basis (evidently not on a weekly basis, either) and got sidetracked with you ladies. Now I really have to get that test done so I can clean my room. I might have to take a picture of the bed with all my stuff piled on it. Your desks will look very clean compared to the bed.

Bye for now and hope to check in with you in a few days.
smadson likes this post.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #88
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my goodness! So good to hear fron you Debbie! First I noticed a comment from you in, my gallery, then looked for you. . I sm so sorry to hear of your DH's health problems. I will keep you and yours in my my prayers, especially on Tuesday. Hugs!
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 41/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$199.92
Old 01-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #89
Stazon Splitcoast

As for Fiona 's sticker idea, love it! I should put stickers on Stamp sets!
Proud Fan Club Member
grammatroll and auntangie like this post.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:15 AM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie, so glad to have you back! We have missed you. You have a cool sister, to give you so many stamp sets, instead of selling them on e-bay. Of course, it's a lot less hassle and she still gets to use them sometimes. So sorry to hear of your DH's health issues. I hope he will be able to get effective treatment. It's great that his artistic help is appreciated so much by the girls at the library. Now don't neglect your studying for the tax test, but keep in touch!
Old 01-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S14C Glitter Highlight Embossing'

I have decided to make the third Monday of each month a technique challenge. Today it will be really easy. I have not finished my sample yet, but will post it soon.
Today's challenge is 'Glitter Highlight Embossing' and here is the tutorial. Really easy! If you don't have stickles, just use a glitter glue or versamark and loose glitter.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:21 AM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Oops, sorry, forgot to link the tutorial. Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials
Old 01-20-2014, 06:36 AM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntangie View Post

That's how I store my paper, too. I am taking Tiffany's class again this round.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:41 AM   #94
Stazon Splitcoast

Liked the card, too. I have an image similar to that but with cheese wedges. I might have to 'borrow' that sentiment
Old 01-20-2014, 07:41 AM   #95
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my card. Forty-two Years! by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Now I have to hurry and get my stuff together for a visit with my grandson.
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:59 AM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

I was just checking in and saw the challenge, Ina. I will look at the tutorial when I get back from Mom's this afternoon. I can't believe I am going out in this cold. 9 degrees and windchill is colder! Brr!
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 01-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #97
Matboard Maniac

I love the challenge and will be working on that real soon! This past Sunday my Stampin' Up lady invited me to her upline meeting (she is trying to butter me up and get me to sign up!) They had a "shoebox swap" and I was able to make 12 great cards! As soon as it gets a little more tolerable outside so that I can take pictures I will get them loaded into my gallery. I don't think I can get much done in the single digits

2014 S2S Challenge $109 Earned to Date
Card Goal:105/100 Page Goal:28/12
Challenges Completed: 36

Follow me on Pinterest
smadson likes this post.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

I did go to a SU! workshop yesterday and spent over $200.00. That is why I wanted to carry over my money to the new year! So, I will update my totals at end of January.
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 01-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina, I just looked at the tutorial, and it looks hard! I will try though. I am not good with glue and glitter. LOL Maybe try it tonight. Although, I think I got rid of all my glitter glue. But still have lots of glue and lots of glitter!
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 01-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon, if you have a brayer, it should be so easy. It was for me. You put a glob of stickles or glitter glue (I used a glitter glaze that I bought for $1.00 a couple of years ago and didn't know what to do with it) on a piece of wax paper and spread it, then roll the brayer through it. Then roll the brayer over one side of an embossing folder (one that has an all over pattern without big open spaces) and emboss your cardstock. It comes out with a lovely glittered design. I thought it was easy.
I'm not sure if it would work with glue and glitter, but I'll give it a try and see if it works.
ScrappinCEO and smadson like this post.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

I just did this. My panel is drying now. I in fact found a bottle of stickles! So, mine didn't come out of the bottle a lot , but it just went on thinner. It looks like it worked. Tomorrow I will put a card together with it.
'nite
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 01-24-2014, 04:25 AM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
I did go to a SU! workshop yesterday and spent over $200.00. That is why I wanted to carry over my money to the new year! So, I will update my totals at end of January.
I need to look at the mini again before it expires. But I didn't see anything in the SAB that piqued my interest at all. What did you get from the SAB?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #103
Pearl-ExPert

I will give the challenge a go tomorrow if I have time, hopefully I can make a birthday card for my firiend, we were going to ikea and the shopping centre but just had a message that our new rejas are ready to be fitted so they coming at nine in the morning! I'm busy making our DS2s 40th card, I had to stop so I could tidy my room, I didn't have a spare surface to work on.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #104
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, may I show my ignorance and ask what a 'rejas' is?
Today, I had to move items so I had room to make a card on my table.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:48 AM   #105
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry Ina! it's the fancy metal grills that we have on the outside of the windows over here! we want a new sofa in the conservatory but the old rejas stick out too much so we've had new ones that fit inside the window recess. They came , made a mess and a lot of noise, now I have to paint the conservatory to cover where the old ones went into the walls.
Makes the room look much bigger though.
Oh and I had a go at the challenge, steve didn't feel like going to ikea, first I used a clear stickles, you couldn't really see it so I did it about four times trying darker colours, anyway I will finish the card tomorrow and post a photo.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S14D 'Newest Stamp'

Time for another challenge. I must admit that I still haven't finished cleaning up my crafting table (a project for this week, I hope)
No matter how much 'stuff' we have, we are always eyeing new tools, stamps, etc and when we get them, they often sit on our shelves for awhile. This week I want us all to ink up a stamp that was our latest purchase. On someone's blog a few weeks ago, I chanced upon stamps from Designs by Ryn. I just had to have the raindrop stamps. They are so awesome. I ordered, they arrived quickly and I used them on my sample card.
Attached Thumbnails
dscn0279.jpg  
ravengirl likes this post.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:27 AM   #107
Pearl-ExPert

Just manage to upload the last challenge using glitter to emboss.

All That Glitters by jan31 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #108
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
Time for another challenge. I must admit that I still haven't finished cleaning up my crafting table (a project for this week, I hope)
No matter how much 'stuff' we have, we are always eyeing new tools, stamps, etc and when we get them, they often sit on our shelves for awhile. This week I want us all to ink up a stamp that was our latest purchase. On someone's blog a few weeks ago, I chanced upon stamps from Designs by Ryn. I just had to have the raindrop stamps. They are so awesome. I ordered, they arrived quickly and I used them on my sample card.
This is really cute!
Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company Designer
Old 01-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #109
Pearl-ExPert

Ina, I haven't seen a thread for the All Occassion challenge, I know you said Sheri was super busy so maybe she can't run it this year, have you heard anything?
Old 01-28-2014, 03:46 AM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

I will message her today and if she can't do it, maybe I will start it, with possibly only one challenge per month. How does that sound?
smadson likes this post.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:08 AM   #111
Pearl-ExPert

Oh brilliant Ina! I'm not sure what you have to do that's why I didn't offer.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:15 AM   #112
Pearl-ExPert

Ina, I just had to laugh at myself, I read the instructions about embossing with glitter and then did it totally wrong! I embossed the card then ran the brayed in the glitter and then on the card instead of glittering the embossing folder, it turned out the same as it happens, I actually read the instructions twice before I started too.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:25 AM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Ha, ha! By making mistakes and experimenting, that's how we learn new techniques.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:17 AM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan31 View Post
Ina, I haven't seen a thread for the All Occassion challenge, I know you said Sheri was super busy so maybe she can't run it this year, have you heard anything?
O.K. ladies, here's the news. Sheri responded to my message and said she would start off with a February thread of AOCC this coming weekend. I will co-host with her.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #115
Pearl-ExPert

Oh brilliant Ina, and Sheri, thanks so much
Old 01-29-2014, 05:52 AM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina will you please post a llink here when the AOCC thread is posted?
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100
Old 01-29-2014, 07:14 AM   #117
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, I certainly will!
auntangie likes this post.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #118
Matboard Maniac

I've finished 3 cards today so updated my credit total Then I remembered the set of Nesties that arrived yesterday......

I think I'll have to give myself financial credit for the tidying I'm doing in my craft room, so long as I don't have to take into account the expenditure incurred when I bought the new storage unit I bought which led to said tidying
Old 01-31-2014, 09:27 AM   #119
Pearl-ExPert

Oh no Fiona , don't scare me as I spent quite a bit on new furniture for my craft room, but then it was last year so I don't think I'll bother counting it!!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:51 AM   #120
Stazon Splitcoast

Fiona, Jan, you don't need to count storage and organization supplies. After all, these items are going to get you organized and tidied, so that you can realize what you already have and don't duplicate your craft supplies. It will also make it easier to actually get some creating done!