Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 04:38 AM   #321
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie, I don't have SU MDS. but my friend does......I don't think she uses it very much, but I will ask her if it was worth the money she spent.
Shoulder is improving....I am doing gentle exercises every day, but some days it is still quite painful. I don't miss that I can't do much housework, but I sure do miss driving.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #322
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
March 10, 1861 was the birthdate of Emily Pauline Johnson, a Canadian native author and poet. She was born in Brantford on the Six Nations Mohawk reservation to a native father and English mother. I don't read much poetry, but I found her poem 'At sunset' to be beautiful and so vividly descriptive and colourful. I have only quoted the first verse, but I think it is enough to inspire many a colourful card!

At Sunset

To-night the west o'er-brims with warmest dyes;
Its chalice overflows
With pools of purple colouring the skies,
Aflood with gold and rose;
And some hot soul seems throbbing close to mine,
As sinks the sun within that world of wine.
How beautiful! It sure is inspirational. Maybe it will get me in gear! Thanks Ina. Hope you are doing well.
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$19.25
Old 03-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #323
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Ina. I wish I had played with the trial version more. The little bit I did play, I kind of liked it, but trying to decide if I want to pay that much.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #324
Glitter Guru

Hello ladies! I'm popping in say " Hi!"

Busy as usual here with dance and college prep stuff. I haven't forgotten those that wanted a package of the paper and stuff I am giving away. I just haven't been back to organizing and purging in the last 3 weeks. I am in my craft room now and actually cleaned and put away a lot of stuff so I can see my table. I've got to put away stuff from a scrapbook retreat I went to last weekend and then I'm going to play. I've got lots of cards made due to my SU playday earlier this month. I also got 11 pages and the covers of the girls' autograph books for Disney made. I'm slowly crawling out of the hole. I went to Joann's today looking for blue feathers for a dance costume and of course wondered over to the scrapbook stuff but I only bought two sticker sheets, one for dance and one for Disney.

I used my Scraprack last weekend and I think it worked for me even though I only used my Disney section and rainbow section. Several ladies came over to look at it and asked about it.

Ina, glad you are healing and there is no need for surgery.

Ok, back to work for me!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #325
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmtinsley View Post
Hello ladies! I'm popping in say " Hi!"

Busy as usual here with dance and college prep stuff. I haven't forgotten those that wanted a package of the paper and stuff I am giving away. I just haven't been back to organizing and purging in the last 3 weeks. I am in my craft room now and actually cleaned and put away a lot of stuff so I can see my table. I've got to put away stuff from a scrapbook retreat I went to last weekend and then I'm going to play. I've got lots of cards made due to my SU playday earlier this month. I also got 11 pages and the covers of the girls' autograph books for Disney made. I'm slowly crawling out of the hole. I went to Joann's today looking for blue feathers for a dance costume and of course wondered over to the scrapbook stuff but I only bought two sticker sheets, one for dance and one for Disney.

I used my Scraprack last weekend and I think it worked for me even though I only used my Disney section and rainbow section. Several ladies came over to look at it and asked about it.

Ina, glad you are healing and there is no need for surgery.

Ok, back to work for me!
congratulations on getting so many pages done! I will have to check them out! I am feeling pretty good; finally finished my Panama album! 25 12x12 pages. Now to put all that special paper, scraps and all the memorabilia away. Do I need it anymore, since the book is done? Hummm..
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 03-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #326
Stazon Splitcoast

I gave in to the urge and purchased the SU MDS2. This is one of those things I've been thinking long and hard about, so really isn't an impulse buy. I'm doing so much better this year than I did last year. I'm all stocked up with my cs so shouldn't need to buy any more for a long time. I have more printed paper than I know what to do with, so won't buy any new until I use up all the old. Believe me, it's been real hard not to buy any more.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #327
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sure you will get lots of use of the SU MDS2 program Debbie!
So good to hear from you Michele. 11 scrapbook pages is a real accomplishment!
Sharon........25 pages!! Wow! And I see you have been making cards too!
Old 03-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #328
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S13L Challenge 'The Magic of Spring'

Canada's Largest Flower and Garden Festival runs from March 15-24 in Toronto. The theme this year is 'The Magic of Spring'So our challenge this week is to celebrate spring with flower and garden cards! Pretty easy!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #329
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Hello

Hi Ladies .... just checkin' in. I don't know what happened to Feb & March but wow, they're jam packed and flying by. I know I've got to get busy and get more done as I sure haven't stopped shopping. It seemed like I was good until all the fun, new stuff came out from CHA! I just updated my total and now need to run through my checking account to see how far I'm behind the equilibrium point, LOL! Maybe it will give me the push I need to get busy for March.

I've decided I need to re-think my Priorities and hopefully be more productive. I have several friends that I want to make cards for and some gift items I need to get done!

All good! I actually got Spring Cards done tonight, I'll have to upload for our challenge
Old 03-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #330
Stazon Splitcoast

Lela, you seem to be doing really well.....in the plus column for $414! Wow! You have been productive with lots of scrapbook pages and cards! I was looking at your signature and see '100by100. What does that mean?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #331
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking well....

Quote:
Lela, you seem to be doing really well.....in the plus column for $414! Wow! You have been productive with lots of scrapbook pages and cards! I was looking at your signature and see '100by100. What does that mean?
I am getting scrap pages and cards done ... but ... my GF and I signed up for monthly ScrapMania (Archivers) thinking it would help us get pages done. It has HOWEVER, going monthly to Archivers and they give you discounts has not been good for my spending AT ALL. I also decided to get all the pages I have done in albums and I've ended up having to buy several albums and pages...which again is good, but $$ spent. I need to go through my account and see what I've spent since January. I'm pretty sure that number is negative

The "100by100" Challenge is from here and the challenge is to get 100 cards done in 100 days. Very fun!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #332
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! That is an ambitious plan! I am a really slow card maker, so I could never do anything like that. I wish you all the best in doing this. A great way to use up your stash.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #333
Glitter Guru

I uploaded a couple of cards the other day but forgot to link them here. Here they are.

Blue Ribbon Birthday

Mojo Thank You

Here are the autograph book covers I did at my retreat:
Mickey and Minnie

Daisy and Donald

I uploaded some of the pages I did at my retreat too.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #334
Pearl-ExPert

I couldn't join that challenge, I don't make that many cards in a year! And like you Ina it takes me an age to make a card
Old 03-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #335
Matboard Maniac

I completed two cards today - the first I've made in two months I don't know where the time has gone - well, I guess I do and it hasn't been spent crafting! I'm not sure if I mentioned before that my DH had to give up driving last year because of his eyesight. Since driving was his passion it's been a major lifestyle change for both of us; he's the worst passenger in the world but we are (I hope) over the worst of his criticising everything I do and me throwing a tantrum OR biting my tongue and seething inwardly, but it's taking such a chunk of time having to drive him to his appointments and activities. Still, I insisted on shutting myself away yesterday to make a card for our very special friend who is 100 on Saturday; it doesn't look as good as I'd hoped but I'm reasonably satisfied. I made another one to the same basic design for a crafting friend and tomorrow I must do a third for a friend whose birthday is Sunday (fortunately that doesn't need to be mailed). I can amend my total but have a feeling I've forgotten some spending from a while back....I don't think I'm doing very well here but I'll keep trying.

The cards are here: Leaves From My Notebook: Back again
Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #336
Glitter Guru

Beautiful cards Fiona!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #337
Stazon Splitcoast

Beautiful cards Fiona!

Well, a trip to St. Louis added a few new stamps. I couldn't go with out stopping at Archivers and For Keeps Sake. Need to update my totals. I haven't created any cards since Valentines, but I did color several images from card kits while mom drove from St. Louis to Nashville. And while we were in Nashville I found a great bookcase for my craft room. I realy have been needing to do something other than the wire cubes that I have had for years. they worked for a while but have out lived their usefulness. So now I can get to major cleaning, organizing and purging in there. Or maybe not, since I only have a week between classes and I am working overtime this week, but that is the plan.
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100
Old 03-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #338
Stazon Splitcoast

Fiona, I love your cards!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:28 AM   #339
Stazon Splitcoast

Fiona, I love step cards and yours are lovely. The smaller card is my favourite, as I love blues of any kind and the white die cuts look so great on the blue bg.
Good luck with your cleaning/organizing and purging Angie. I hope you get a good deal of it done.....but don't forget to have some fun during your week off too! Sounds like you had fun shopping in St. Louis. I did a bit of shopping last week Friday too when we went to Buffalo for Stamp-a-Palooza...... We don't have Hobby Lobby or Joanne's in Canada, so that's where we shopped and got some pretty good deals too. I got a die cut set that I had been admiring on SCS, on sale for 40% off!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #340
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S13M 'Easter'

Time is getting away on me this morning, as I didn't sleep well last night.
This week's challenge is an easy one. 'Easter'. What does Easter mean to you? As a Christian, for me, it means that Jesus died for my sins and rose again on the third day. I haven't made a card yet as I don't usually send out Easter cards, but I will try to get one made this week.
If you don't believe as I do, make a card that expresses what Easter means to you.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #341
Stazon Splitcoast

It seems like you just posted the challenge and here it is, Monday again. Wow, this past week went by real fast.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #342
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Time is getting away on me this morning, as I didn't sleep well last night.
This week's challenge is an easy one. 'Easter'. What does Easter mean to you? As a Christian, for me, it means that Jesus died for my sins and rose again on the third day. I haven't made a card yet as I don't usually send out Easter cards, but I will try to get one made this week.
If you don't believe as I do, make a card that expresses what Easter means to you.
Thank you Ina! For the challenge and the witness! I should have looked earlier. I really need to make an Easter card and get it in the mail!

Proud Fan Club Member
Old 03-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #343
Pearl-ExPert

I only made an Easter card for Joey and Charlie,, forgot to take a photo for my gallery!
Too late as its already in the post.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #344
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my Easter card for Ina's challenge.
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 03-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #345
Matboard Maniac

Another birthday card made Leaves From My Notebook: This should melt the snow!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #346
Stazon Splitcoast

Fiona, I love that card! It's so fun!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #347
Pearl-ExPert

Vikkijo, haven't seen anything from you lately, are you ok?

I've been struggling for ideas, can't seem to get my head around anything, I have so much stuff laying around where I've started with an idea and haven't been able to make it look how I want it to, I'm thankful I had a splurge early so I'm still ahead but this christening card is defeating me at the moment.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:47 AM   #348
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, try the inspiration challenge for today.....lots of gorgeous ideas for vintage cards.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...D-t570891.html
Old 03-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #349
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Ina I will have a look, just been commenting on the lovely cards that everyone has made in this style.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #350
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't figured my totals yet. But did finish all my pages for my March goal and all my cards for March CC challenge. So I am all caught up for one day! Then have to start all over again! LOL
Everyone have a Blessed Easter!
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 03-31-2013, 04:27 AM   #351
Stazon Splitcoast

Easter blessings to all.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #352
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Easter blessings to all.
Yes, Happy Easter! I updated my totals here at home, but haven't updated them in my signature yet. I'm up and that is good!
Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company Designer
Old 03-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #353
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Yes

Quote:
Easter blessings to all.
I hope all of you have an wonderful day!

I added up expenses since Jan1 and it startled me but I've come to realize that for me, part of the hobby is shopping (LOL) and I guess I don't mind since I continue to get scrap pages and cards done. I am really enjoying this challenge because it provides awareness about the supplies I do have and their use.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #354
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Easter Challenge

oh...here are my 2 Easter Cards for the challenge

Hello Peeps

Hop On In
Old 04-01-2013, 05:09 AM   #355
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S13N 'April Fish'

Date
April 1

Observances
Humour

April Fools' Day is celebrated in many countries on April 1 every year. Sometimes referred to as All Fools' Day, April 1 is not a national holiday, but is widely recognized and celebrated as a day when people play practical jokes and hoaxes on each other.

In Italy, France and Belgium, children and adults traditionally tack paper fishes on each other's back as a trick and shout "April fish!" in their local languages (pesce d'aprile!, poisson d'avril! and aprilvis! in Italian, French and Flemish, respectively). Such fish feature prominently on many French late 19th to early 20th century April Fools' Day postcards

The above is a quote from Wikipedia. Inspiration for this week is to use a fish (either image or sentiment) on a card.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #356
Stazon Splitcoast

I've updated my totals........down just a little bit, but still above the break even mark.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #357
Pearl-ExPert

In England we call it April Fools Day too, its always a challenging morning for me as Steve is big on practical jokes anyway, I think is the first year hes failed to "get" me as we say, mind you we did have to take the car for its annual service so he did have other things on his mind, thank goodness.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #358
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my goodness.....the weather is playing an April Fool's joke on us today! We are having a wild snow blizzard at the moment. So glad I had planned to stay home all day!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #359
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Oh my goodness.....the weather is playing an April Fool's joke on us today! We are having a wild snow blizzard at the moment. So glad I had planned to stay home all day!
That's a bit crazy for April. I wish I could share our lovely sunshine
Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company Designer
Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #360
Pearl-ExPert

Yes we are having hot weather too, our son in London is still having snow.