Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #161
Glitter Guru

Hello ladies! I just wrapped up a SU workshop and have another one Wednesday afternoon. I had 5 guests today and I am giving myself $5 credit per person because of the time I spend preparing for it. I also made 6 cards last night while I was preparing. Three cards and a treat project for the workshop and two more cards I made while trying to come up with projects. I also lost 2.2 lbs which I credit myself for. I'm going to try and get to Ina's nautical card challenge too. First I need to clean up my craft room. I had it sort of clean because I have been organizing my scrapbook stuff into my ScrapRack but then I was in there last night and now it looks like a Stampin Up bomb exploded! Of course, that is the normal look, clean is not. LOL!

I am in the hole now too because I ordered more pages for my ScrapRack. Hopefully I've got enough now. I'll be out of it in no time too. I've decided to give myself credit for purging some of my scrapbook stuff.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #162
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my card for the nautical challenge.
With the Wind by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #163
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, congrats on the weight loss. I pay myself for that, too. Unfortunately, it's not going to get me out of the hole as quickly as I would like.

Ina, you did a great job with the brayering. Did you get to go to one of her classes in person or did you do one of the tutorials on her blog?

I finally got around to putting stuff into my new tote. This was not a bad purchase. I have the basic tools that I always use, plus extras, right at my fingertips. No more hunting for them, as long as I remember to put them in their places. There's a nice big mesh pocket that holds all my different adhesives, including my Xyron X with a refill. And there's still room for a few more items. There's a couple smaller pockets that can be used for whatever. It will hold my Scor-Pal, a paper trimmer and the 12x12 cutting mat I have had for a very long time but never use because I like the SU cutting mat better, but it doesn't fit. I'm excited about this already and I haven't even used it to make a project yet. The only problem I can see is that it may slide around too easily, so I added a piece of rubber shelf liner to put under it. Now I can't wait to go to my next make and take next month. I don't think I'm going to have any trouble cleaning up after myself now. I'm done rambling now. I have the next 3 days off so I'll have some play time. Looking forward to it.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #164
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie, a friend (MelissaL here on splitcoast) and I drove for 7 hours to take two tutorials from Michelle Zindorf in Laporte, Indiana. We took the beginners class in the morning and the more advanced class in the afternoon. We stayed in a hotel in Laporte for two nights, so all told, it cost us a pretty penny. Melissa caught on a lot faster than I did, and she is really good. She doesn't post too many of her cards on SCS....just too busy with her full time nursing job, two teenagers and her position as union steward at work.
Your tote sounds absolutely awesome. My big rolling tote is so cumbersome, and my little tool kit is too small. Ah well, I just can't justify buying something else.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #165
Stazon Splitcoast

Just thought I would add a link to one of Melissa's brayered cards.
Sunset Sail by MelissaL - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-20-2013, 01:59 AM   #166
Matboard Maniac

I had a great time at the craft show on Thursday Collected my free vouchers from the organiser and shared them with my friend; with that bonus and the money I saved last year I even came home with cash in my purse, although I spent a small fortune. A set of Nesties, 2 Poppybox and 2 Cheery Lynn dies, a set of Christmas stamps (as if I needed any more....) and some beads for stitching cards plus a couple of storage boxes. Since it was all special money I'm not including the cost in my S2S total - if I did I'd never get out of the red

Last edited by FionaB; 01-20-2013 at 02:06 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #167
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina, I forgot to mention that mycraftchannel.com had the tote as a feature buy again yesterday. I intenede on mentioning it, but totally let it slip my mind. Of course, it's not available today. I would love to attend one of Michelle's classes, but she's never in this area.

Finoa, sounds like you hit the jackpot. Have fun with your new goodies.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #168
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S13D

It's a new week. I know it's not Monday, but I will give you an early start on this week's challenge.
On January 22, 1901, Queen Victoria died. Lets remember the end of an era with a Victorian card this week. If you have trouble finding inspiration go to the search engine on SCS and type in Victorian (although I find a lot of those cards are not what I would classify as Victorian looking) or go to this google page.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=victo...w=1607&bih=792
Old 01-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #169
Stazon Splitcoast

That's an awesome site, Ina. I got a lot of ideas for Christmas cards. Now I just have to utilize them.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #170
Stazon Splitcoast

I updated my totals. I'm really starting to climb out of the hole now after making 4 cards today. I pay myself for using things I haven't used in at least 6 months and that added up very quickly.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #171
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

So the gal who came by the office ended up cleaning me out of Valentines and almost all the thinking of you cards. which was 51.50 for me. and I have gotten a visa card rebate from buying studded tires for my truck in Dec. so, I think the visa card money does not count haha. (it will be spent sooner or later Im sure)

I did get 10 more flower pot cards made saturday (photos are on the blog), then 3 more regular cards today (fs is in the gallery already but, may wait on the other two till tomorrow) (but, not the ship or victorian yet) I have this mental list of "to-do" cards but... I signed up to do a "spring faire" at the private school that I normally do the once a year booth in Nov. at. ( this is a trial thing for them, they have never had a spring fair before) So...
the need at the moment is to get a stash of Spring things made... and the other challenges may be put on hold I guess.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #172
Stazon Splitcoast

Stacy, I don't always do the challenges. Half the time I forget about them or they morph into something entirely different. Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:25 AM   #173
Stazon Splitcoast

Stacy you are doing fabulous! If I may ask, how much are you charging for your cards that you sell at the office?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #174
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

they are all different but, the prices range from 2.50 - 5.00 a card. and the ones I have that are really lumpy and boxed and priced at 6.00 do not sell here where I live but, do sell when I go to ren faires...

my retired parents sell made from African grass'es baskets at Ren faire's for fun and when my family goes we take turns working their booth and I have a spot with some cards ( not my whole stash) mostly fantasy things there.

and the answer is I'm not sure it is "worth it" but, I have also been accused of being an card making machine... so, having a rather large stash of cards means if I do sell some I have room to make more...

Last edited by JBgreendawn; 01-21-2013 at 06:02 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #175
Matboard Maniac

I'm still fine tuning my 'credit' amounts: I decided it was silly to pay myself much less for a Christmas card than a birthday card, based on retail prices, when I spend just as much time on the one as on the other. So I've compromised...and now feel guilty because I made an incredibly quick card for a soon-to-be 3yo and don't think it's worth as much as I've 'paid' myself, even at a reduced rate!

Last edited by FionaB; 01-23-2013 at 06:21 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #176
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone, back home again, it's actually 3am and I can't get back to sleep, don't you just love jet lag! Very long journey home and nearly got stranded in Amsterdam , snow came in and closed the airport but they cleared the runway and de iced the plane, scary take off I can tell you. Poor steve had an 90 minute drive after all those hours of travelling too. It was very upsetting saying goodbye but they are all over for a visit in may so that cheered me up no end.
I spent the afternoon pulling my goodies away and organising my dies on the vent covers I bought so should be back into action tomorrow, really need to make a birthday card for a
friend first before I get into challenges, some good Victorian images on the site so hope to have a go later.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #177
Stazon Splitcoast

Fiona, I seem to be changing my mind a lot on what to pay myself, too.

Jan, I'm glad you made it home safely. My DH must be missing the girls a lot lately. He informed me at supper tonight that we need to make a trip to see them. Now we just have to figure out my work schedule and the girls' school schedules.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #178
Pearl-ExPert

Oh good for you Debbie , get it booked quickly while you can, no chance of second thoughts then!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #179
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you made it home safe and sound Jan. It is very hard to leave when you live so far apart, especially when there are small kids involved.....they grow and change so fast.
I'm just getting ready for our walk this morning. It's cold here 6F degrees with a windchill factor of -11F degrees. We'll really have to bundle up!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 AM   #180
Pearl-ExPert

Well at least it's warm here, about 20c and bright sun, forgot how bright it is here.
How's your grandson Ina? Growing fast like Charlie I'd imagine! In the five weeks he has grown so much and is smiling and cooing and even trying to roll over, joey is a very proud big brother.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #181
Glitter Guru

hello everyone! I had my lunchtime SU workshop yesterday so got 4 more cards/projects made. I posted a dressed up candy box on my blog today here. So, slowly digging out of the hole of negative numbers. I have to go into the office this morning and then to a friend's to have my daughter's dance costume altered and then who knows after that. I have tomorrow and Saturday free though! woo hoo! More organizing and hopefully some playing.

I have to share how my family likes to throw stuff into my schedule. The schedule is filling up with dance competitions and college auditions & visits and my husband announces, out of the blue, that he wants to move. MOVE! I'm all for it but the problem is, we haven't done any kind of work to our current house since we bought our business six years ago. There is A LOT that needs to be done to get this house ready to sell. And since, business seems to be really busy right now, guess who gets to handle most of readying the house - me! I'm going to try to pop in here a couple of times a week just to keep me sane.

Ok, I gotta go get ready before I get sucked into this black hole of the internet. Have a great day!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #182
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Michele..... a lot of positive news! College auditions and visits, dance competitions, and business doing well. But moving! That may be positive news, but I shudder to think of how much work it would be for me to move! Id your DH thinking of a bigger home, or a better location, or a whole new city?
I'm not working anymore, but I always seem to wake up at 6:30, no matter when I get to bed.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #183
Stazon Splitcoast

Michele, you do have your hands full.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #184
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

so, today we went by an junk shop / second hand store closing this morning and I found a metal spinner rack ( thats holding paper back books) and I got it for 30.00 for selling cards in. hubs will have to alter it a bit because there is one divider between the pockets to keep books upright but, I make bigger cards so, I think it will be really cool when its done. ( I cannot have it for 2 sunday's till they are ready to close the doors for good)
and I spent over on my visa gift card buying some die and some kraft cardstock so will have to edit totals tonight or tomorrow ( from home where the receipts live haha)

oh yeah, joined a swap too. but, this is something funny... the rules are you cannot go shopping for it, the things you pack into your box have to come from your stash...
there is still time to sign up for this. ( but, if you are not a RAK group member or an Wish rak member you won't see anything when you click the link) http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post19961876
Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #185
Glitter Guru

Stacy, you should give yourself credit for the swap since you are using stash.

Ina, dh wants a mini farm including cattle for beef, pigs and maybe chickens. Only if he takes care of them. I said I would not become a pioneer wife! I would like to have the room for a pool and yes, I want a little bigger house even though in four more years both girls will be gone - one if college and one hopefully supporting herself with a job. We'll see what happens. Last time he mentioned moving, I had a realtor at our house three days later. That was 16 yrs ago. This time, he seems to be the eager one and I'm the cautious one.

On another subject, I am going to Archiver's Saturday morning. their email I got today, has a mustache set and I think a matching die. DD2 is crazy about mustaches so I'm going to get it. I also need Disney themed papers and such for the autograph books and countdown I am making. We are going to see the Mouse in March! We have used Creative Memories' 7x7 Disney albums for autograph books the last two times. I just bought extra pages for the second trip and added to the first trips autographs. This time, I got 40 page sketch books with a heavier weight paper. I am going to cover the front and decorate the pages ahead of time but leave space for the autographs. When I get started, I'll take photos to show you. I also had the brilliant idea to take a third autograph book and I'll cut out the autographs to include in our big album. Don't know why I didn't think of that the previous two trips. duh! Anyway, I know I'll be doing some damage to my totals. yikes! I have started posting again on my blog and I give myself credit for that so I should be out of the hole soon.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #186
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Okay so how do I account for this?

I actually placed an order for $87.00 and I had an 60.00 prepaid rebate visa. so (and part of that is a gift for someone else) and so, do I just say I spent 27.00??

and then add in the 30 for the rack?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:21 AM   #187
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm not sure about this......is the rebate related to paper crafting? If gift for someone else is paper crafting, you can discount that. Also, I don't think you need to count the rack, as it is an organization item. Just my opinion, the final decision is yours.
I went to a make and take at our LSS and ended up ordering the whole set of Faber-Castelle gelatos! They are so cool to work with! And the entire set of colours, including metallics, brushes, and a few stamps was only $59.99. I will be updating my totals next week to reflect this outlay of money.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #188
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

the rebate was from getting studded tires on my truck in december... and so, its like free money almost in the way that it did not come out of the checkbook.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #189
Glitter Guru

Stacy, I would only count what is paid out of pocket and I wouldn't count the rack because that is for business. I'm not counting most of my Stampin Up stuff because I use it in workshops so I consider it business expenses.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #190
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Okay so what I did is claimed I spent 27.00 and am not counting the rack because, its not even going to come home. Im going to put in the office at work ( with more cards on it of course)
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #191
Pearl-ExPert

Just updated my totals for January, had a mad splurge yesterday to finish my january christmas cards and a birthday card so feel Im getting back on track, slowly.
Its not helping with now having a cold just when we seem to be over the jet lag.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:19 AM   #192
Stazon Splitcoast

I just updated my totals. I'm in the red, but not too far, and I have no intentions to do any shopping for awhile.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #193
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! Need to update my totals, but think I will wait until the end of the month. If it weren't for working out I would be so far in the red. Someone on WRAK said they had gotten a couple of stamps at IO's clearance sale so of course I had to go check it out. I didn't have too many in my cart. Found a sympathy set I really like, but not on clearance. Then my mom started looking over my shoulder and telling me which of the Cover A Card background stamps she really liked. Ended up with two of those also. Spent $62, so not bad considering how many stamps will be coming, but still, didn't really NEED any of them except the sympathy ones.
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100
Old 01-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #194
Matboard Maniac

Oh dear! I've recently taken to making cards with stitching and beading (like these: Leaves From My Notebook: Birthday cards - for a change!!!) and I've just ordered a whole lot of threads which has put me firmly in the red! I do have a full range of DMC embroidery floss that I could use but the Gutermann machine embroidery threads I prefer for cards really are so much nicer that I succumbed to temptation. At least I've made a decision not to go to a craft show in London in April so that will (should!) save me some money, though to be honest the reason I'm not going to that one is that I'm going to a different show two weeks later!

Never mind, if I do lots of die cuts for my sister's charity card group tomorrow that will give me a bit of credit

Last edited by FionaB; 01-26-2013 at 11:09 AM..
Old 01-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #195
Glitter Guru

Hello ladies! I am back from Archiver's. It is a good thing that store is 1.5hrs away. I spent about $85 (receipt is in another room) but got lots of Disney stuff and a great Harry Potter kit. I also got an adorable mustache stamp set that came with a matching die for the big shot. DD2 loves mustaches. I worked on organizing my paper yesterday and have purges quite a bit so I will give myself some credit for that. I'll be giving it to my neighbor who scrapbooks but doesn't have much in supplies. If I got my rear end up and moving that would help too. Angie, we should be buddies and PM each other to see if we exercised. If I have to tell someone yes or no, I would be more likely to do it.

I've got to check on the girls, they are rhinestoning costumes. The more bling the better!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #196
Stazon Splitcoast

That sounds like a plan Michele. Planning to go to the rec enter Monday night after work. Should I send you a PM and let you if I make it?
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100
Old 01-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #197
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntangie View Post
That sounds like a plan Michele. Planning to go to the rec enter Monday night after work. Should I send you a PM and let you if I make it?
sounds good, I'll PM you after I walk which I am announcing to everyone that I will do Monday morning. If I haven't messaged you by that night ask me.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #198
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking January

well... I need to update my totals as I'm in the "red" also. I ordered cardstock, albums and page protectors. I'm very happy to say that it's time for new scrapbook albums and I'm out of basic cardstock (black, cream) and page protectors which means it's another 50 pages done so ... YAY!

It's so funny because I would have never before just ordered "basics" but that's what I did. It's good

I also think I'm going to up my "credit amount". I was doing $2 per scrap page and $.60 per card but I realize I probably couldn't make either for that amount. The only other credit I'm doing is redoing Card fronts and swaps for donation. I think I'm going to do $3 per scrap page and $1 per card & $.50 for the refurbed cards. It's probably closer ...

Thanks for the motivation!

Last edited by Lmn; 01-26-2013 at 03:19 PM..
Old 01-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #199
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmtinsley View Post
If I got my rear end up and moving that would help too. Angie, we should be buddies and PM each other to see if we exercised. If I have to tell someone yes or no, I would be more likely to do it.
You are right Michele. If you are accountable to someone for exercising, you are more likely to do it. My neighbour and I walk for an hour every morning at 7:30. The only thing that stops us is, if it is freezing rain. But this morning she couldn't go, and guess what?........I got lazy and didn't go. Well, I did go out 5 mornings this week and two of those mornings it was bitter cold.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #200
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
You are right Michele. If you are accountable to someone for exercising, you are more likely to do it. My neighbour and I walk for an hour every morning at 7:30. The only thing that stops us is, if it is freezing rain. But this morning she couldn't go, and guess what?........I got lazy and didn't go. Well, I did go out 5 mornings this week and two of those mornings it was bitter cold.
I've been logging my time and I hate it when I see "holes" or "blanks" in the schedule when I don't go. It's worked so far ... accountability partners are better though We're also having a challenge at work so I would really be embarassed to post I lost nothing for a week. I'm not winning on their paper but I'm thrilled I'm making healthier choices and losing inches so in my book, I'm still winning the best price, LOL!