Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #361
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan31 View Post
Yes we are having hot weather too, our son in London is still having snow.
I should clarify, it's not hot here. It is warm enough for me to hang my laundry outside and go without a coat in the afternoon though!
Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company Designer
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #362
Pearl-ExPert

Well we have put away our winter woollies and jeans, we are in between now, not warm enough for shorts but only need tee shirts, very hard to know what to wear at the moment.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #363
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
Oh my goodness.....the weather is playing an April Fool's joke on us today! We are having a wild snow blizzard at the moment. So glad I had planned to stay home all day!
We don't have any of that nasty 4 letter word today, but they did mention the posability when we watched the local news last night. Ugh. Sooooo ready for spring.
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100
Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #364
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh my goodness.....the weather is playing an April Fool's joke on us today! We are having a wild snow blizzard at the moment. So glad I had planned to stay home all day!
I think it played April Fools on us too. Been rainy and in the 30s all day, now is supposed to get colder and possible snow tonight. !!!! It is supposed to be Spring!

I updated my totals. I am still ahead. Made a lot cards and 5 scrap pages this month. Haven't gone to any SU! workshops for a couple of months, so my total looks good.
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 91/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$52.29
Old 04-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #365
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I am so glad that booth is over with...
and the only thing I have done crafty since is clean up some of the space, stamp and die cut sentiments from the scrap piles ( which are still heaping) and one Christmas card sample. so, I am "making" myself go upstairs to do "something" maybe some Christmas cards because, I do that challenge and have not done Feb or March yet... ( and I hosted the April theme ) so anyways.

we don't stop getting the nasty four letter weather until after mothers day usually but, its fairly mild/nice here ( just raining )
Old 04-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #366
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S13O 'Florida'

Monday morning....I just got in from a one hour walk with my neighbour....30 degrees, but no wind, so it was a wonderful brisk walk. I think it may be warmer in Florida. That brings me to our challenge for this week. 500 years ago this week, Ponce de Leon landed in a land of flowers, looking for the fountain of youth. He named the land Florida. So our challenge is to make a card showing what you think of when you think about Florida. Pretty wide open wouldn't you think?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #367
Stazon Splitcoast

I was doing pretty well, with not going out to buy very much, but yesterday my friend asked me to go with her to Michael's and an Army/Navy Surplus store. Jewellery accessories were on sale at Michael's and seeing as I am getting interested in the mixed medium creations, I just had to buy some. Then, at the surplus store, they had Spellbinders dies on sale at 3/$19.99 so I bought 6! Now I am in the red to the count of $25.00! But I am so happy to have the new spellbinders sets!
smadson likes this post.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #368
Pearl-ExPert

I need to update my totals, I am well into the red now
I've been trying to find some inspiration for my April Christmas cards, at the moment I have everything spread out all over my craft room, I think I've started three different ones up to now!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #369
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! JCI. We are supposed to get a mix of precip tomorrow. YUCK! All of my flower bulbs are coming up. I hate when the tulips are up and get frozen off. Had the choice of laying out the new flower bed I want to put in at the BF's or cleaning out the camper to get ready for the summer over the weekend and opted for camper duty. Now it will be too wet to play in the dirt next weekend.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #370
Stazon Splitcoast

Phew, what a weekend! Thursday and Friday we had rain, snow and freezing rain with temperatures hovering around freezing. The ice collected on trees, and power lines and poles, with as a result, trees and branches falling power lines and power failures all over the place. We live on low land, so water in basements is always an issue in the spring when the frost comes out of the ground and it rains. So we require sump pumps. They run on electrical power, so when the power goes out, we are in trouble! After my last flooded basement, I had a back up pump system installed that runs on battery. When we found out our power was likely going to be off for around 50 hours, I had to scramble to find a spare battery, as one battery only lasts 12-15 hours without being charged. Seeing as my house is heated electrically too, I had no heat, lights, water, etc, so it was like pioneering, except I don't have a fireplace! Most of the neighbours got generators going, but my biggest concern was not to get water in the basement, so I managed to get by in a cold house!
End of story......the power was restored in 30 hours, the basement is still dry, and we are all thankful and so much more appreciative of basic conveniences!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #371
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S13P Challenge 'Rain'

Now for the challenge! April showers bring May flowers, so the rain is much needed, even though it was a challenge. Let's feature some rain on our cards!
smadson likes this post.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #372
Pearl-ExPert

Glad to hear you didn't suffer any damage Ina, you must have been pretty cold though.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #373
Stazon Splitcoast

I certainly was! I was wearing my workout pants plus a pair of jeans, and two fleece jackets over my T-shirt. Having to do the exercises for my shoulder helped keep me warm too! I did have friends who invited me over for a meal and shower on Saturday! And then on Saturday evening when I got home, the power was on! They had told us it wouldn't be until Sunday at 6 p.m. Boy was I happy to see the lights on in our neighbourhood!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #374

Wow, you had quite an adventure. I have a project I just posted on my blog today that fits our new theme. I'll link it up after I am finished getting ready for work.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #375
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That's not unusual around here. In fact we have snow right now. We had snow/rain mix most of the day yesterday, but turned to just snow overnight. Very gloomy and cold day. Good day to stay inside and catch up with housework and maybe get a card or 2 made.

I updated my totals. I'm slowly climbing back out of the hole. Now that tax season is over for me, I will have more time to make cards.

I just found out I'm diabetic so trying hard to figure out the right combination of foods to lower my blood sugar. It's dropping a little but not much. I have a big family history of Type 2 diabetes so I wasn't too surprised. The challenge will be when we go on vacation next month. Will need to take a cooler full of fruits and veggies to snack on. I haven't seen the dietician yet, but when I do, DH will have to go with me since he's the main cook around here.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #376
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I was doing pretty well, with not going out to buy very much, but yesterday my friend asked me to go with her to Michael's and an Army/Navy Surplus store. Jewellery accessories were on sale at Michael's and seeing as I am getting interested in the mixed medium creations, I just had to buy some. Then, at the surplus store, they had Spellbinders dies on sale at 3/$19.99 so I bought 6! Now I am in the red to the count of $25.00! But I am so happy to have the new spellbinders sets!

What a great buy, Ina. I would have loaded up on them, too.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #377
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Phew, what a weekend! Thursday and Friday we had rain, snow and freezing rain with temperatures hovering around freezing. The ice collected on trees, and power lines and poles, with as a result, trees and branches falling power lines and power failures all over the place. We live on low land, so water in basements is always an issue in the spring when the frost comes out of the ground and it rains. So we require sump pumps. They run on electrical power, so when the power goes out, we are in trouble! After my last flooded basement, I had a back up pump system installed that runs on battery. When we found out our power was likely going to be off for around 50 hours, I had to scramble to find a spare battery, as one battery only lasts 12-15 hours without being charged. Seeing as my house is heated electrically too, I had no heat, lights, water, etc, so it was like pioneering, except I don't have a fireplace! Most of the neighbours got generators going, but my biggest concern was not to get water in the basement, so I managed to get by in a cold house!
End of story......the power was restored in 30 hours, the basement is still dry, and we are all thankful and so much more appreciative of basic conveniences!
That happened to us back in 1998 while still in Nebraska. Only we were without power for 6 days. We had a fireplace, but it was so old, we couldn't keep a fire going for too long for fear of the house starting on fire. Thankfully, the temps were in the mid to upper 30s. I know that's cold to a lot of you, but being from northern Montana, that was almost a heat wave for us. Luckily, there were some areas of the city with power so we had someplace to go eat.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #378
Stazon Splitcoast

Looks like I'm caught up with everyone's posts. Hope you all are having a warm, sunny day. Enjoy it for me.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #379
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry for you having snow and gloomy weather, I'm sat here in shorts and vest top, the weather has just turned, summer is here, give me two months and I will be complaining its too hot.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #380
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, enjoy that wonderful weather for all of us who can't seem to get rid of winter.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #381
Pearl-ExPert

Forgot to say I'm sorry to hear your news Debbie, hope you can lower your levels with diet, that is hard as I know with steve. Pleased to hear your trip is coming up, you must be getting excited.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #382
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Jan. My number was so high I was put on medication right away. I'm hoping once I get it under control, I might be able to get off the meds. I will wait until I lose about 50 lbs. before trying to get off it.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #383
Pearl-ExPert

That's Steve's problem, the cardiologist says he has to lose weight, he was very skinny but put a lot of weight on when he stopped smoking at 27, and since then his weight has gone up and down. He does try hard, he's cut out so much of the food he loved, we walk every day too, hopefully he'll get there in the end.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #384
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina sounds like you had a bad weekend. Glad you have power back and no damage!

Debbie I hope you will eventually be able to control your #s with diet and excercise. You'll have a better idea how to do that once you meet with the dietician.

So, we did manage to get out and make the new flower bed this weekend. Got it in just before another rain. Shouldn't complain after the drought we had last summer. It was nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air for the afternoon yesterday. More mixed precip expected Wednesday this week. I don't ever remember getting snow this late in the year before.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #385
Pearl-ExPert

They've had snow late in England too.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #386
Stazon Splitcoast

So I have been following the 100 cards in 100 days challenge. Haven't participated because work, school, BF, etc. excuse, excuse excuse are taking up too much of my time right now. And my craft space is over run with clutter and makes me claustrophobic. A few weeks ago I was in Nashville and bought a bookcase to use for all of my paper storage. I had been using a wire cube system. It worked when I didn't have much stuff but around Christmas some of the plastic corner pieces started to break from all of the wieght. Too much crap! Since I got the book case and rearranged the room I have been sorting, organizing and PURGING!

So far I have all of the CTMH and SU! cardstock sorted by color group. Purged anything I do not have ink to match and don't love. Purged ink pads that colors are discontinued and don't have cs to match (even brand new still in the wrapped pads). Kept colors I love, even if discontinued. Decided I don't have the time or $ to purge and restock with just current stuff, instead keeping what I love and ditching the rest. still need to sort the remaining cs in roy g biv, but that is a good rainy saturday afternoon project. Got started on the stamps. Did CTMH and other clear stamps a couple days ago. Did wood mounted ones last night. Waivering on a few of those. Decided the ones I can't quite make myself give up, I will put a mark on them and if I haven't used them by this time next year they will go in the sale pile. This whole purging/organizing thing is really opening my eyes to several things.

1) the amount of crap I have bought becuase it was cute, etc. that I have never used.
2) how freeing it is to get rid of the clutter
3) how much you can get accomplished in 15-20 minutes if you put your mind to it
4) how much I truely love the supplies I am keeping

Hoping to get done with this before the next 100 days is complete so I can jump in, even if midstream. Collected all of my card kits in one space. Or tried to. I think I have been in too many card kit swaps. I put the kits in 8x8x8 fabric baskets. There are 3 of them. FULL. I'm committed to one now, so I will finish it out, but not signing up for any more until I use up a BUNCH of these. Finding lots of half finished stuff too that I am collecting together. Should make for quick cards to make up a bunch of them too when I finally sit down to create.

Sorry for the uber long post. Just wanted to see what I have been accomplishing in writing. Seems to make it more real for me. Thinking I should have made a column for time spend organizing on my spread sheet for this year. I would be in the black for sure!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #387
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, will someone do me a favor? Please. I began a BLOG. I don't know why or what I am doing. But would someone look at it and comment? My daughter tried to comment and couldn't . So don't know it works. I haven't put it in my signature yet, because don't know why I would yet. Any suggestions on how to use a Blog? I do't sell anything. I just thought I would start one, because to qualify for some prizes you have to have one.
Any feedback will greatly appreciated. This is only place I have published it, besides my to my DD.

Thank you Foxy Stamping
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 04-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #388
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie , so sorry to hear about your Diabetes. I hope your medication will control it, and that all goes well with that.

Prayers,
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 04-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #389
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon I looked but couldn't see any place to comment on your blog.

I know what you mean about the prizes. Most design teams require you to have a blog before you can apply for the DT too.
smadson likes this post.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Okay, will someone do me a favor? Please. I began a BLOG. I don't know why or what I am doing. But would someone look at it and comment? My daughter tried to comment and couldn't . So don't know it works. I haven't put it in my signature yet, because don't know why I would yet. Any suggestions on how to use a Blog? I do't sell anything. I just thought I would start one, because to qualify for some prizes you have to have one.
Any feedback will greatly appreciated. This is only place I have published it, besides my to my DD.

Thank you Foxy Stamping
Sharon,

I was able to comment, no problem. Maybe you did some fiddling around with it since your original post. You do have word verification on. That is when you have to type in the garbled numbers and text in order to post your comment. It does help reduce spam, but sometimes people won't comment because it can be a pain.

I began my blog as a place for my personal enjoyment and a place to catalog my cards. Then I moved to entering challenges with it and now I'm on a couple of design teams so I use it to promote their products with blog hops and tutorials.

I hope you enjoy it!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #391

Quote:
Now for the challenge! April showers bring May flowers, so the rain is much needed, even though it was a challenge. Let's feature some rain on our cards!
I made a book card and used rain on it.

Here is the front of my book card and here is the inside of it.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #392
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you for the feedback On my Blog and other questions. Guess for right now I will just put my favorite cards on there. and just figure out how to navigate on it. I will look for turning off letter thing you mentioned.
Thanks again Toni.
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #393
Pearl-ExPert

Sharon, my friend is into blogging in a big way, she talked me into making one so I could join whats on your works space which I really enjoy but like you I don't really know what I'm doing.
my friend is very bubbly and always has plenty of exciting things to say about whats shes been doing while I find it hard to be my normal self when I write on my blog, I think I really need to keep plugging away at it, I'm sure I will get there eventually.
smadson likes this post.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #394
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S13Q 'Earth Day'

This is another easy challenge! Today is 'Earth Day'. A day to celebrate the beauties of the earth and to show how we keep it clean and protect it. Plant trees, clean up trash, reuse discarded items, etc. Lets use some scraps, recycle an old card or cereal box, or whatever. Or we can show images of the earth, or nature. However you want to interpret this, it's all good!
mrslaird, ravengirl and smadson like this post.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #395
Pearl-ExPert

Ina, how is your grandson! I know he is the same age as Charlie who is six months on may 2nd, charlie is rolling and moving about, not quite crawling but seems to somehow get around when no one is watching. Aren't they so lovely at this age, they arrive here in three weeks for two weeks holidays, can't wait.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #396
Stazon Splitcoast

I am seriously in the red! Spend $80 at Heirlooms by Design in Des Moines over the weekend. Got some embossing paste I was almost out of and three new brass stencils. I did fill a punch card and used it to get a stamp set from ODB that I had my eye on for while. Hoping after I'm done with school next week I can earn my way back to the black with workouts and making cards with the 100 in 100 challenge.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #397

Angie with your post about spending. I felt prompted to update. I'm doing pretty good. I wish I was making more projects, but I have really clamped down on my spending.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #398
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
That's not unusual around here. In fact we have snow right now. We had snow/rain mix most of the day yesterday, but turned to just snow overnight. Very gloomy and cold day. Good day to stay inside and catch up with housework and maybe get a card or 2 made.

I updated my totals. I'm slowly climbing back out of the hole. Now that tax season is over for me, I will have more time to make cards.

I just found out I'm diabetic so trying hard to figure out the right combination of foods to lower my blood sugar. It's dropping a little but not much. I have a big family history of Type 2 diabetes so I wasn't too surprised. The challenge will be when we go on vacation next month. Will need to take a cooler full of fruits and veggies to snack on. I haven't seen the dietician yet, but when I do, DH will have to go with me since he's the main cook around here.
I haven't caught up here in a while. Hugs! My husband found out he had type 2 right after Mother's Day last year. He never did see a dietician. We've just been trudging along on our own. His numbers are looking good though. He does take medication and he'd like to get where it is controlled just by diet. It was hard at first; it felt like food was out to get us. Things are getting better now. Kind bars have a couple of flavors that are just 4 or 5 grams of sugar. Someone recommended the South Beach Diet cookbooks to us and we've found some recipes we like in them. Best wishes with it!

Now to catch up on the rest of the posts I've missed.

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #399
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Okay, caught up now.

Sharon, I blog randomly and still don't know what I'm doing, but it's nice for challenges. I'd like to post more just because type posts, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Love the cards you have on yours.

Angie, way to go on the purging!

Toni, you are so awesome with spending and such a big inspiration!

I have almost climbed out of the red. I haven't bought anything this month except adhesive and a couple of sewing items (which I'm tracking separately) and I have been able to get some stamping time in. I need to update my totals. Even though I don't post often, you all are helping me be good this year just by being here!

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
ravengirl likes this post.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #400

Yay Paula! I have to say that being on a couple of design teams helps to quench the desire for new product!