Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #161
Glitter Guru

I just uploaded another card I made this week.

Be My Valentine

It's on my blog also.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #162
Stazon Splitcoast

It is very cold today, -19F, windchill -30. High today about -10. Oh how I wish I didn't have to leave the house today.

Michele, I love your cards.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #163
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
It is very cold today, -19F, windchill -30. High today about -10. Oh how I wish I didn't have to leave the house today.

Michele, I love your cards.
UGH!!!!!

SCS BRAK Volunteer
Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #164
Quacker Stamper

I was just figuring up my total for this month so far. I can pay myself $58.00 which isn't bad. I've been busy. I'm also selling a bunch of stamps and stamp sets to a girl here at my office who is just getting started with stamping, so that's going to be a good boost.

I haven't figured out yet what I've already spent this year, but I'm sure I'll be in the RED. I've been trying to buy some things that I'll use on the two Design Teams that I'm on.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 01-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #165
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
We've had colder weather before. We just put an extra layer of clothes on. I'm only about 5 min. from work. That's a good advantage of living in a small town.... not much traffic. The power bills are no picnic, though. I'd rather put up with the cold than the humidity.
Somehow we get stuck with both here. This year has been unusal so far. Much warmer than ususal, but this morning we got up to -6F. Most winters we have about a week or two of below zero temps in January. And the humidity in the summer is every bit as bad as it is in FL.
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100
Old 01-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #166
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntangie View Post
Somehow we get stuck with both here. This year has been unusal so far. Much warmer than ususal, but this morning we got up to -6F. Most winters we have about a week or two of below zero temps in January. And the humidity in the summer is every bit as bad as it is in FL.
I lived in Lincoln, NE, for 10 years so I know what the humidity is like there. I don't miss it one bit. While we there, the winters were pretty mild compared to what I'm used to. And I don't miss the ice storms.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #167
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't get me wrong....I like winter and the change of seasons where I live, but we don't very often get quite as cold as your have it Debbie. However, this winter has been so unusual.....about 4 C degrees warmer on average than usual, and November had only 6% of our usual snow, December 38% and this month only about 6 % of our usual snow. That doesn't bode well for me...a skier! I've been told the skiing is good if I take a 2 hour drive to the north, but to this point my time has been limited and I was hoping to ski locally. Today, other than a meeting at 2, is dedicated to card making....working on the 10+ cards I need for February.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #168
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina, we haven't had much of a winter until this week. Today is a little warmer at -7F with no wind. It's still cold, though. Looks like it's going to start warming up by Saturday. It'll be above 0 anyway. Have fun stamping.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #169
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls. Just popping in. We finally found some of that cold weather. Really don't care for it. Just sayin'. But right now we're at about 50. I'm going outside to get the mail and bring in firewood. Tomorrow I should wake up to freezing drizzle.

If it helps... spring is on it's way. My cat, Spirit, has been sitting at the picture window most of the morning watching the birds build a nest up in the soffit. They build in the same spot every year. They're not going to be happy when we put in the screened in porch right there
Old 01-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #170
Stazon Splitcoast

HI! Well I am keeping track of what I do, but still haven't decided how to pay myself.
For example: Today I uploaded 4 Christmas cards in one photo for the Christmas Card challenge, but also for the Ways to Use It, and the Sketch challenge. So, do I pay myself for One upload, three challenges?
Also, I led a card making workshop at church. How does that pay. We made 19 cards, not just me, but all of us. I planned it , had the supplies etc. Don't know how this works.

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 93/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$59.13
Old 01-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #171
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Hey girls. Just popping in. We finally found some of that cold weather. Really don't care for it. Just sayin'. But right now we're at about 50. I'm going outside to get the mail and bring in firewood. Tomorrow I should wake up to freezing drizzle.

If it helps... spring is on it's way. My cat, Spirit, has been sitting at the picture window most of the morning watching the birds build a nest up in the soffit. They build in the same spot every year. They're not going to be happy when we put in the screened in porch right there
Spring is still a couple months away. It'll probably still look like winter then since it started so late here. I wouldn't mind 50 right now. The snow is still gently falling.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #172
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
HI! Well I am keeping track of what I do, but still haven't decided how to pay myself.
For example: Today I uploaded 4 Christmas cards in one photo for the Christmas Card challenge, but also for the Ways to Use It, and the Sketch challenge. So, do I pay myself for One upload, three challenges?
Also, I led a card making workshop at church. How does that pay. We made 19 cards, not just me, but all of us. I planned it , had the supplies etc. Don't know how this works.

Sharon
I don't know what to tell you about the workshop, but I pay myself for each challenge I make my card for.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #173
Stazon Splitcoast

Has anyone tried this week's tutorial yet? I picked up some light weight stone clay to see if that will work. It's very pliable and says it can be applied to paper. I just stamped and colored a couple pieces. They're drying now so will have to wait to see how they turn out. If I didn't have to cook supper right now, I'd try using my heat gun on them to speed up the drying time. Will have to try that later.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #174
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Sharon

I haven't come up with a 'price list' yet either...

I have thought about what to do if a card or cards are done for more than 1 challenge and have decided that I'm only going to pay myself for one challenge. The reason being is that I'm not really using 'more' supplies if I have the same card for more than 1 challenge. I'm trying to use this as a way of curbing my spending...Just my opinion.

SCS BRAK Volunteer
Old 01-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #175
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon yes, pay yourself for the upload and all three challenges. As for the workshop, I don't do those, but I do participate in shoebox swaps and I pay myself for each card I prepare supplies for. So for your 19 cards you made at the workshop, if you supplied all the materials, pay yourself for 19 cards.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #176
Stazon Splitcoast

I played with the silk clay tutorial this evening and made a simple addition to one of my cards I uploaded the other day. The clay takes a while to dry so you have plenty of time to experiment with differnt coloring methods. Hmmm, I wonder how it would work with an embossing folder. I'm glad I have tomorrow off so I can try out more ideas. I was doing so good this month with not buying anything I was tempted to buy. Just had to try this. I think the clay will pay for itself. And I did use a coupon.

For You Makeover by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #177
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Sharon
Sharon, when I did that at church, I counted each card made because I provided the supplies.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #178
Glitter Guru

I just uploaded a basket I made. It was posted to my blog yesterday with more details. It is from a project from the most recent U Stamp with Dawn and Friends event. I've already signed up for the next one. It focuses on the Big Shot.

A basket CASE
Old 01-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #179
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie is the silk clay something you buy? Is it like sculpey or softer?
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #180
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Debbie is the silk clay something you buy? Is it like sculpey or softer?
Check out the comments at the end of the tutorial: Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials

The silk clay used in the tutorial is not found in the US as silk clay. I went to my craft store to look for a clay that is air-drying and can be used on paper. It is not sculpty which you have to bake. I didn't buy the paper clay, because I didn't want to spend that much money on something I've never tried before. However, the next time I buy any clay that's what I'm going to get just to compare it with the clay I bought.

I'm going to "test mail" my card to Dianne. When she gets it, she'll let us know how it held up. I'll let you know what it cost me to mail it.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #181
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolc1027 View Post
I haven't come up with a 'price list' yet either...

I have thought about what to do if a card or cards are done for more than 1 challenge and have decided that I'm only going to pay myself for one challenge. The reason being is that I'm not really using 'more' supplies if I have the same card for more than 1 challenge. I'm trying to use this as a way of curbing my spending...Just my opinion.
I would count multiple challenges Carol if say you use 3 challenges... but one of them calls for you to use a specific color while another sets a particular type of embellishment... one you might thought to use on the original card without the encouragement of the challenge. JMT
Old 01-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #182
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sharon yes, pay yourself for the upload and all three challenges. As for the workshop, I don't do those, but I do participate in shoebox swaps and I pay myself for each card I prepare supplies for. So for your 19 cards you made at the workshop, if you supplied all the materials, pay yourself for 19 cards.
What she said I think that's what Michelle does too
Old 01-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #183
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I would count multiple challenges Carol if say you use 3 challenges... but one of them calls for you to use a specific color while another sets a particular type of embellishment... one you might thought to use on the original card without the encouragement of the challenge. JMT

I didn't think about the Kelly..may have to rethink my 'price list'.....I will post it when it is done!

SCS BRAK Volunteer
Old 01-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #184
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, I think I have it figured it out. I have it in my sig line. I will be ordering a large SU! order next month, so have to start keeping track. I need to get real busy, so I won't be in the red. I still have not spent anything in months. I have literally quit using my coupons every week at Mikes and HL, and Joanns. I used to go every week to everyone of them. It has really been life changing for me. Sooo, I am rewarding myself with a big Su! order. After all , it is Celebration!

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 01-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #185
Glitter Guru

My problem is how to account for SU orders as a demonstrator. I use it for personal use and for business. I'm going to talk to our accountant about the tax situation and maybe I can base it on that.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #186
Proud Fan Club Member

SNOW DAY!! SNOW DAY!!!

Well, we finally got a bit of snow - there's about 3 inches out on the deck and now it is sleeting on top of the snow. If you go out my front or back door - it is like a skating rink!!!

So...I rescheduled my plans until tomorrow....DH is now making me breakfast...then I'm headed to the craft room!!! WooHoo!!!!!!

SCS BRAK Volunteer
Old 01-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #187
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Enjoy Carol! I just had 4 snow days in a row here in Western Washington. That is unusual for us. The temps warmed back up and the rain moved in yesterday afternoon and is washing the snow away here.
Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company Designer
Old 01-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #188
Rubber Obsessor

Been moving along with my stamping and stashbusting. I am most pleased about this card I made for the Inspiration challenge this week:

Welcome Little One

The stickers I used were some I had bought on clearance YEARS ago and I knew they would make a cute baby card and just hadn't gotten around to it. They are sort of emblematic in my mind of all the stuff I have stockpiled and not used, so I was very excited to finally make a card with them! I still have some left, so hopefully there will be more babies coming along to make cards for...

I got an insanely huge amount of used stamps from one of the sellers on here, it was a great bargain and should keep me busy for quite a while, so hopefully my production will soon outpace my purchasing again.

And I am caught up with both the Christmas and my own Card a Day challenge, woo hoo!

No snow here, so far this year anyway. Enormous amount of rain yesterday and today including thunder and lighting that had my pup cowering under my feet. I ended up moving her bed there since she wouldn't go anywhere more comfortable as long as it was storming.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #189
Stazon Splitcoast

Great way to use your stash! Lovly card. Left some love in your gallery.

Proud Fan Club Member
Old 01-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #190

Quote:
This week, you get to have some fun! Not only do you get to create a card, but I'm sending you to a link where you can play. Kids, grandkids, nieces/ nephews, neighbors.... Have some fun!

This week I want you to think ICE CREAM.
Pick your favorite flavor and use those colors
actually showcase an ice cream cone/ sundae/ banana split on your card

Make the ice cream in the link below. Take photos and do a fun scrapbook page.

Tin Can/ Ice Cream
Cooks.com - Recipe - Kid's Tin Can Ice Cream

I can't wait to see what you come up with!
I finished my card the other day and can link it up now. My favorite ice cream is chocolate chip mint. I really like the green kind, or otherwise I feel a little cheated.

A Birthday Forest
Old 01-23-2012, 07:31 AM   #191
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravengirl View Post
I finished my card the other day and can link it up now. My favorite ice cream is chocolate chip mint. I really like the green kind, or otherwise I feel a little cheated.

A Birthday Forest
Left love, Toni. Beautiful card. I love your card.... chocolate chip mint ice cream, not so much
Old 01-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #192
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Okay, I think I have it figured it out. I have it in my sig line. I will be ordering a large SU! order next month, so have to start keeping track. I need to get real busy, so I won't be in the red. I still have not spent anything in months. I have literally quit using my coupons every week at Mikes and HL, and Joanns. I used to go every week to everyone of them. It has really been life changing for me. Sooo, I am rewarding myself with a big Su! order. After all , it is Celebration!

Sharon
Go you!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #193
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmtinsley View Post
My problem is how to account for SU orders as a demonstrator. I use it for personal use and for business. I'm going to talk to our accountant about the tax situation and maybe I can base it on that.
Hey Michelle... I would enjoy the tax deduction BUT take advantage of the 'personal card credit' when it comes to making your own cards - not necessarily ones you need for a class. HTH.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #194
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolc1027 View Post
SNOW DAY!! SNOW DAY!!!

Well, we finally got a bit of snow - there's about 3 inches out on the deck and now it is sleeting on top of the snow. If you go out my front or back door - it is like a skating rink!!!

So...I rescheduled my plans until tomorrow....DH is now making me breakfast...then I'm headed to the craft room!!! WooHoo!!!!!!
Whoo Hooo! Hope you had an awesome day. And what a sweet hubby!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #195
Stazon Splitcoast

I left love, Colleen. Cute card!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #196
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S12D - Just a Note!

Okay, ladies. This week's challenge is really easy. I encourage you to pick a sketch challenge to pair it up with (however, it is NOT part of the challenge - just a suggestion)

Today, January 23rd is National Handwriting Day.

So your challenge for this week is to make a card to send to someone. The difference between this week and the first week's challenge....

It can be a simple Thank You, Thinking of You or Just a Note
AND
The sentiment on the front should be handwritten - NOT STAMPED. You can stamp images all you want, but HANDWRITE the sentiment on the FRONT..

Have fun!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #197
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks! This is so much fun, I love the challenges and seeing what everyone else makes. Definitely keeping me motivated for my Card a Day challenge to myself!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #198
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Okay, ladies. This week's challenge is really easy. I encourage you to pick a sketch challenge to pair it up with (however, it is NOT part of the challenge - just a suggestion)

Today, January 23rd is National Handwriting Day.

So your challenge for this week is to make a card to send to someone. The difference between this week and the first week's challenge....

It can be a simple Thank You, Thinking of You or Just a Note
AND
The sentiment on the front should be handwritten - NOT STAMPED. You can stamp images all you want, but HANDWRITE the sentiment on the FRONT..

Have fun!
This will be a challenge for me since my handwriting is crappy. But I'll try it, I hope, sometime this week. I still have to finish my certification tests for VITA since we start doing taxes in a couple weeks. I should have that done today, then I can get back into cardmaking.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #199

Oh bugger Kelly! My handwriting is poor. I'll do it anyway!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #200
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow Important Note about Prizes

With all the hoopla over the 'image swap' issues, I just wanted to let you guys know the prize envelopes will NOT contain images. I have devised a new plan, but my new plan means I will not have all 12 months' envelopes ready at the beginning of the year, like I did for CCC11.

I will be doing them month-by-month for the next couple/ three rounds until I get everything in place.

I just wanted to give you a heads up and thank you in advance for your patience.