Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #681
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I wish you could remember where you got the template from. This would make a great tutorial for one of the magazines... and maybe put a bit of cash in your travel fund
I wish I could remember, too. I thought I had a note with it when I downloaded the file. I do know it was a freebie from someone's blog. You just made my day thinking my book card would make a good tutorial. Maybe when I find some time, I'll have DH draw up a simple book design that's a bit different from the one I used. I'm not good at drawing and even worse trying to design something on the computer. I can scan DH's artwork and to a bit of tweaking.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #682
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan31 View Post
By the way Kelly, the challenge using Christmas colours but not a Christmas card, well it really has taxed my brain, i decided to make some red paper with red lava glimmer mist, the nozzle was blocked so I poked it, yes I ended up wearing it, it was all over my arms and shoulders, steve was trying to get it off with a baby wipe, took a shower to finally get it off, today my fingers are stained bright red. Now I'm determined to finish the card, but just one question, can we use White as a background or does it have to be just the four colours.
I would have loved seeing you in all that red. LOL.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #683
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan31 View Post
A big pat on the back for the book Debbie, it's lovely, your boss will be so pleased when she sees it.
Thank you, Jan.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #684
Pearl-ExPert

Pity Steve didn't take a photo, it would have made you all smile, I have actually finished my card but didn't have time to upload it, steve decided to join me in my craft room, oh joy, he has to use my computer to print, he is the vice president of our local (Spanish) football team and so he prints posters, flyers etc, etc, the trouble is he comes upstairs to print his stuff and gets carried away looking at football sites, don't like to tell him to buzz off as he puts up with me crafting all afternoon!!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #685
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning ladies!
We've talked Organization before and I plan to run a thing on my blog beginning in September. However, if you all choose to sign up for this FREE 8-week course with me, I might put that on hold. Here's the link:
http://thescraprack.easystorecreator..._Challenge.asp

I used to belong to the ScrapRackChat group. And I don't think this is all about the ScrapRack.. but organizing in general. Though I'm sure she'll tell you how the scraprack can help
Old 07-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #686
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
I wish I could remember, too. I thought I had a note with it when I downloaded the file. I do know it was a freebie from someone's blog. You just made my day thinking my book card would make a good tutorial. Maybe when I find some time, I'll have DH draw up a simple book design that's a bit different from the one I used. I'm not good at drawing and even worse trying to design something on the computer. I can scan DH's artwork and to a bit of tweaking.
When you bring up the file, right click and bring up the 'properties'. It might tell you where it came from.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #687
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
When you bring up the file, right click and bring up the 'properties'. It might tell you where it came from.
I tried that already and evidently I didn't put a note with the file. I'll check again, though.

I started to take that organization class a while back but didn't stick with it. I can't remember what got in my way. Although she does promote the ScrapRack as a helpful way of organizing, she doesn't say you have to have it. Her tips are very useful. Maybe I'll have to sign up again and try harder to keep on course this time around.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #688
Stazon Splitcoast

I should be getting my Cinch sometime later today. According to the tracker it is in town. I'll be at work when it arrives, but I'm going to play with it tonight. Need to practice a little before putting the guest book together.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #689
Stazon Splitcoast

My Cinch just arrived. I thought it would be delivered later today so what a nice surprise. I won't get to play too much before work but I can at least take it out of the box. I sure do hope this wasn't a waste of money.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #690
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I tried that already and evidently I didn't put a note with the file. I'll check again, though.

I started to take that organization class a while back but didn't stick with it. I can't remember what got in my way. Although she does promote the ScrapRack as a helpful way of organizing, she doesn't say you have to have it. Her tips are very useful. Maybe I'll have to sign up again and try harder to keep on course this time around.
Come sign up! Since Organizing helps us use our Stash and that's what we're about, maybe we could use the day after the lesson is posted to talk about it here. Share thoughts. Keep us all motivated to see it through

Who else will join us?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #691
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
My Cinch just arrived. I thought it would be delivered later today so what a nice surprise. I won't get to play too much before work but I can at least take it out of the box. I sure do hope this wasn't a waste of money.
Looking forward to your review
Old 07-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #692
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't signu up for the organization classes.....I'm too disorganized lol. seriously, my old computer and dial up connection won't allow me to any of those files.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #693
Stazon Splitcoast

I did the scrap page on Monday and forgot to post it here. It is for Kelly's quilt challenge. Here is quilted tea. I combined it with my Inspiration Challenge this week. Here is the link to that challenge for those who need inspiration to scrap!

Now I have to go back and read all the posts I missed. Seems, I have missed a lot. Have to look at the "organization class" thing. Need that!!

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 113/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +94.37
Old 07-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #694
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
I can't signu up for the organization classes.....I'm too disorganized lol. seriously, my old computer and dial up connection won't allow me to any of those files.
Bummers! But I've been there. When I started blogging, I knew the dial-up HAD TO GO! And I'm only paying $10 more than I was to have the dial-up. LOL Have you looked into other options, Ina?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #695
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
I did the scrap page on Monday and forgot to post it here. It is for Kelly's quilt challenge. Here is quilted tea. I combined it with my Inspiration Challenge this week. Here is the link to that challenge for those who need inspiration to scrap!

Now I have to go back and read all the posts I missed. Seems, I have missed a lot. Have to look at the "organization class" thing. Need that!!

Sharon
Left love, Sharon! I hope to play more this weekend and work on our challenges. I have quite a few of my Magazine Monday cards done up.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #696
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Bummers! But I've been there. When I started blogging, I knew the dial-up HAD TO GO! And I'm only paying $10 more than I was to have the dial-up. LOL Have you looked into other options, Ina?
Yes, I have looked into other options, but I am tied in to a contract, and I don't want to get high speed from Bell, so I will just finish out the contract and then go with a local provider.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #697
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, Kelly. I signed up for the organization challenge. However, I can't do the live version because I'll be at work, but I can check out I can always check out the recording. I'm glad it doesn't start until September. Things should be a bit quieter around here by then. We have our class reunion this weekend and DH and I are sitting at the registration table on Friday night. Saturday morning we have to attend the grand opening of the new interprative center for the buffalo jump. DH did a painting for them so they want us there. I have to be to work before noon then off to more reunion stuff after work. I'm so hoping I have my van back by the weekend. I am so tempted to call the mechanic to see how he's doing with it but that will just delay him working on it.

I played a little with my Cinch before going to work. I had to punch a bunch of paper just to get the grease cleaned up. I'm going to have fun just punching holes with it. It cuts through thick chipboard like butter. I'm going to have to practice a bit more with the cinching part but I don't have a lot of wire to mess up. I need to order more if I can't find any in our local office supply store. I'm sure they don't have any on hand but they can always order some for me, I think. I might have to take some vacation time just to stay home and play with it. I don't think it was a waste of money after all. I just love new toys.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #698
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie, great book for your boss!

Kelly, I got signed up for the organization challenge! Boy do I need this.
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100
Old 07-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #699
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntangie View Post
Debbie, great book for your boss!

Kelly, I got signed up for the organization challenge! Boy do I need this.
Hey Angie! Glad to see you here. Maybe Ina can pick up some tips through our chatter.

yes, if you can't make the actual chat, please try to watch the video that evening so we can start talking about it the next day. Even if you don't 'act' on the ideas, at least watch.

We won't let you be left out completely, Ina. Promise Oh, and your envie should be arriving any day.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #700
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like a busy weekend for you, Debbie. You stay as busy as I do. LOL Guess you don't have a HL anywhere near you. I know they sell the Cinch refills.
Something to think about.. you can use an on-line coupon for HL to order your refills... save you a bit of $
Old 07-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #701
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, I saw lots of Cinch stuff at HL this week.
Kelly, I forgot about the prize. My son only picks up his mail once a week. I'll have to get his key from him when he gets home from work and see if the package has arrived.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #702
Stazon Splitcoast

The nearest HL is 6 hours away. When we lived in NE I lived only 5 blocks from one, but that was before I got into stamping. I'll have to get online and order from them. You really don't have to use the Cinch refills. Any binding wires will work.

I just noticed the time. I better think about getting ready for work.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #703
Stazon Splitcoast

Blessed Sunday ladies.
Just taking a few minutes to chat around the threads while I finish my coffee. Long list of 'want to accomplish' today. If you're on the CCC12 thread, I did get the July thread caught up last night. I'm hoping to get the AOCC done tonight. I love looking at the cards. You guys inspire me
Old 07-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #704
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so hoping to get back onto a schedule again. I need some cardmaking time. this is my class reunion weekend and we've been having a blast. We have brunch in half an hour then it's time to say goodbye to everyone who's traveling. Now that I have my Cinch, I can start serious work on the guest book I'm making. I still have lots of thank you notes to get ready to mail. It's been a busy summer for us, but it would have been nice if things were spread out more instead of everything back-to-back. I am so happy tomorrow is my day off so maybe I can sleep in.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #705
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm so hoping to get back onto a schedule again. I need some cardmaking time. this is my class reunion weekend and we've been having a blast. We have brunch in half an hour then it's time to say goodbye to everyone who's traveling. Now that I have my Cinch, I can start serious work on the guest book I'm making. I still have lots of thank you notes to get ready to mail. It's been a busy summer for us, but it would have been nice if things were spread out more instead of everything back-to-back. I am so happy tomorrow is my day off so maybe I can sleep in.
Sweetie, if it's one thing I've learned... and DH is slowly figuring out... everything ALWAYS comes at once. LOL He thought it was my planning... but he's gradually seeing I have no control over when OTHER PEOPLE schedule things that interest me. I just have LOTS of interests
Old 07-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #706
Stazon Splitcoast

I've also found if I don't TAKE a day - even 1/2 day - for me to play it seems to get squeezed out. SUNDAY'S ARE MY DAY. Period. It lets me get the creative stuff done I need for the coming week and let's me recharge for the workweek.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #707
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
I've also found if I don't TAKE a day - even 1/2 day - for me to play it seems to get squeezed out. SUNDAY'S ARE MY DAY. Period. It lets me get the creative stuff done I need for the coming week and let's me recharge for the workweek.
I really like this idea. Sundays are usually an at home day, but lately my DH has been working. I could plan some creative time and then I would have to protect it from all the other demands of the family and life.
Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company Designer
Old 07-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #708
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We won't let you be left out completely, Ina. Promise Oh, and your envie should be arriving any day.
Kelly, my lovely prize package arrived this past week....don't quite know the day, because they only pick up the mail once a week around here. Thanks so much....pretty papers and I love the silver thread!
My grandson's birthday today....14! I made him a game controller card.....one I saw here on splitcoast. He loved it. I guess I should take a photo of it and upload that when I get home later this week.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #709
Stazon Splitcoast

Sundays are usually my "me" day, too. I really don't like it when something gets in the way. I probably won't get any creative time the rest of the day. My cousin was here for the reunion and our uncle's widow is in the area for her brother's funeral so we decided to go see her later today. She lives in Arizona. I hope I don't fall asleep during the short 20 minute drive, but probably will. I'm having a very hard time keeping my eyes open. Late nights and early mornings don't go together very well anymore. Just not as young as I was 40 years ago. This class reunion was the best.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #710
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
Kelly, my lovely prize package arrived this past week....don't quite know the day, because they only pick up the mail once a week around here. Thanks so much....pretty papers and I love the silver thread!
My grandson's birthday today....14! I made him a game controller card.....one I saw here on splitcoast. He loved it. I guess I should take a photo of it and upload that when I get home later this week.
Glad you got it and liked the contents. 1 more thing for you to pack
Old 07-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #711
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sundays are usually my "me" day, too. I really don't like it when something gets in the way. I probably won't get any creative time the rest of the day. My cousin was here for the reunion and our uncle's widow is in the area for her brother's funeral so we decided to go see her later today. She lives in Arizona. I hope I don't fall asleep during the short 20 minute drive, but probably will. I'm having a very hard time keeping my eyes open. Late nights and early mornings don't go together very well anymore. Just not as young as I was 40 years ago. This class reunion was the best.
I'm just hoping you weren't the one driving

Yeah, I don't do late night/ early morning stuff so well anymore either. I'm okay for one or two but after that I'm wiped out.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #712
Stazon Splitcoast

My cousin did the driving. He said he took a nap before we left. We left DH home. We had a very nice visit with our aunt but the time went by too fast.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #713
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S12D1 - Challenge

Hot Dog!

They're great for grilling, tossing into chilli or mac & cheese or if your weird like me - eating cold.

And you can top them with ANYTHING!
Whether you like a Chicago Dog, the Coney, or something else, the toppings are limited only by your imagination - just like art!

I visit a local restaurant called Memories Sweet Shoppe. Cindy serves only Nathan's All Beef hot dogs. Periodically, 'Nathan' travels around the globe... aka where ever she has him that week determines the toppings she'll serve.

So here's your Challenge for this week:

Pick a Region of the country (NOT limited to the USA - send him on vacation ANYWHERE!)
Let the Region he travels to designate your colors/ embellishments on the card

OR

Maybe you have a few vacation pictures you've not scrapbooked...

This is the time to showcase your trip!

While you're at it, tell us what your favorite toppings are for Hot Dogs.

Let's get Cookin'!

KEYWORD: S2S12D1

Last edited by ScrappinCEO; 07-23-2012 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: correcting Keyword
Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #714
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls... you all know I write. But, do you know everything there is to know about me? I hope you'll take time to visit a THIS blog and say hi.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #715
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly, I'll have to give this challenge some thought. My brain is still in class reunion mode. Nathan's hot dogs are what we cook at our 4th of July community picnic. When was a kid I'd eat cold hot dogs, but not anymore. I'm the weird one because I eat my dogs plain. Sometimes I'll add some chopped onions and, maybe, chili.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #716
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey girls... you all know I write. But, do you know everything there is to know about me? I hope you'll take time to visit a THIS blog and say hi.
Linda Lael Miller is one of my favorite authors, too. She's very popular with a lot of our patrons at the library.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #717
Pearl-ExPert

So glad Debbie that I'm not the only one who only likes hot dogs with fried onions, i can't eat them without onions , I thought maybe it was a British thing not having other toppings, I don't even like ketchup on them. well I don't like ketchup on anything.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #718
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not a hot dog fan, but when they are roasted over an open fire (as in campfire) I will eat them, but I need ALL the fixin's! And lots of it!
This is a great challenge and I hope to play later in the week when I get home from Austin.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #719
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm a little confused Kelly....is that your blog.......it doesn't identify you anywhere. Are you the one interviewing the writers?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #720
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Very cool Kelly! I'm thinking that's you pen name??? My girlfriend has just recently began to have success with her writing and it is so very exciting to "ride along" with her.
Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company Designer