Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #641
Stazon Splitcoast

Quilt card or scrap page! I will look at doing a page. Thank you for the challenge.
We just had a 4 day quilt show here. I didn't go, but got to see photos that my friend took of the quilts.
Also, can't remember did I say congratulations Ina? Anyway congratulations! Enjoy the grankkids, too! What fun!

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$19.25
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #642
Forum Fanatic

I know I am late, but here is the circus card with a ticket. Do we have one week to complete the card? TFL

S2S Circus by scootsv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause, Fan Club Member

Rita/scootsv
Old 07-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #643
Forum Fanatic

Here is my quilt card! Thanks for the challenge and congratulations to Ina for last drawing! These faux pinwheels are very easy and once you find your paper, it is done in a flash. TFL

S2S Quilt - Pinwheel by scootsv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Rita/scootsv
Old 07-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #644
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
This week we honor the Vermont Quilt Festival.

I love quilts. I don't make as many of them as I'd like. That whole 'hours in the day' thing.

I love walking around the National Quilt Museum in Paducah KY. It is worth the $10 admission to see all that beautiful creativity first hand.

However, for me, nothing beats a traditional quilt pattern in either original or reproduction fabrics. Nothing says comfort to me like a quilt or coverlet.

So your challenge this week is to create a Quilt card or incorporate Quilt theme on a scrapbook page.

If you pick a specific quilt block, please tell us why you chose it.

KEYWORD: S2S12B1
Okay, here is my quilt card

Stitched Heart
Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company Designer
Old 07-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #645
Stazon Splitcoast

Toni, I love your quilt card.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #646

Thank you Debbie!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #647
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsv View Post
I know I am late, but here is the circus card with a ticket. Do we have one week to complete the card? TFL

S2S Circus by scootsv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Hey Rita.

Challenges can be posted any time... no time limit.

That said... If you want to be in the drawing for PRIZE ENVELOPE, they must be submitted in the same month they are posted. So All July Challenges are eligible for the July envelope... as long as they are posted In July.

Sorry... I'm brain dead here from 3 solid days of catching up. I hope that came out as clear as I intended LOL
Old 07-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #648
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravengirl View Post
Okay, here is my quilt card

Stitched Heart
Left love, Toni. I'll get the database updated for you gals on Sunday.

Guess I struck a homespun chord with that quilt challenge
Old 07-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #649
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravengirl View Post
Thank you Debbie!
You're welcome, Toni.

I want to make some quilt cards but I don't know when I'll have time to do them. I have some projects that need to be done soon. I don't know why I procrastinate. DH had me make him some stencils for a sign he's commissioned to paint. He finally decided that having me cut them out with my Cameo, he doesn't have to print the design on paper then using tracing paper to trace it on the board. I don't know how many times I told him it would make things easier if I made stencils for him. I don't even want to talk about the shape my house is in. I don't remember when I last dusted. The house cleaning fairy just keeps passing my by. If you see her, please send her my way.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #650

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
You're welcome, Toni.

I want to make some quilt cards but I don't know when I'll have time to do them. I have some projects that need to be done soon. I don't know why I procrastinate. DH had me make him some stencils for a sign he's commissioned to paint. He finally decided that having me cut them out with my Cameo, he doesn't have to print the design on paper then using tracing paper to trace it on the board. I don't know how many times I told him it would make things easier if I made stencils for him. I don't even want to talk about the shape my house is in. I don't remember when I last dusted. The house cleaning fairy just keeps passing my by. If you see her, please send her my way.
Dusted? What is this?

Yeah, send that fairy my way too!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #651
Stazon Splitcoast

Invite people to your house. Nothing spurs a cleaning spree than company. LOL Mom always knew when I had a date, because I would spend the morning cleaning the house

My MIL will be here the first full week in August. Bob and I are going away 2 days before that and I'm trying to stay current with writing stuff. My house is a disaster. I have a porch full of boxes/ bags/ bottles/ glass going to the recycling center this morning so I can get into the laundry room.

Yeah... join the club
Old 07-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #652

Quote:
Invite people to your house. Nothing spurs a cleaning spree than company. LOL Mom always knew when I had a date, because I would spend the morning cleaning the house

My MIL will be here the first full week in August. Bob and I are going away 2 days before that and I'm trying to stay current with writing stuff. My house is a disaster. I have a porch full of boxes/ bags/ bottles/ glass going to the recycling center this morning so I can get into the laundry room.

Yeah... join the club
So true Kelly! When I host girls night the house gets clean
Old 07-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #653
Stazon Splitcoast

In fact, I need to be inviting a bunch of people to my house soon. We usually have an appreciation pizza party for our help. DH and I just have to figure out the best date for it. This has been the craziest summer for us. And the list isn't getting shorter. I just wish one of the things we need to do is take a trip to Nebraska. I miss the girls so much.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #654
Pearl-ExPert

Sounds like there's quite a few of us that don't live near our families, is it far to travel to see your girls Debbie? Our youngest son lives in San Francisco so we don't get to see them as often as we'd like, our eldest lives near london but he does come over four times a year, Im like a mad woman before visitors arrive, and before we go away too, my husband always tells me that if anyone breaks in they won't notice if it's clean or not.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #655
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, my daughter and her girls live 1200 miles away. Not nearly as far away as your kids. Because of lack of funds, neither of us can travel to see each other much. The girls try to come here every other year, but had to miss this year. Traveling with DH involves packing his oxygen concentrator. Driving anywhere takes twice as long these days. Until starting this week, I wasn't getting paid vacations because I worked so few hours each week. I started working more hours this week, with benefits like health insurance and paid vacations. Of course, if I wasn't still paying off the $20,000 worth of medical bills incurred six years ago, I'd have the travel funds. My DD is a single mom who works full time, goes to school full time and is involved in her oldest daughter's activities. Hopefully, she'll be done with school by the time her youngest one starts school.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #656
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan31 View Post
Sounds like there's quite a few of us that don't live near our families, is it far to travel to see your girls Debbie? Our youngest son lives in San Francisco so we don't get to see them as often as we'd like, our eldest lives near london but he does come over four times a year, Im like a mad woman before visitors arrive, and before we go away too, my husband always tells me that if anyone breaks in they won't notice if it's clean or not.
I don't clean the house before we go away but the night before I always put clean sheets on the bed. We will have slept on them one night, but I like to come home to 'clean' sheets on the bed. Weird?
Old 07-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #657
Pearl-ExPert

Oh poor you Debbie, we do manage to see them once a year and on Skype at the weekends but our grandson is 3 and growing so fast and another due in November.
I know about costly medicals bill, steve had a massive heart attack when we were over last October, ended up having a triple heart bypass, spent two weeks of our holiday in hospital, and the other two recovering, lucky we had insurance as the bill was over two million dollars, he is lucky that he is recovering slowly and can drive and get about again now but the journey back home was awful.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #658
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I don't clean the house before we go away but the night before I always put clean sheets on the bed. We will have slept on them one night, but I like to come home to 'clean' sheets on the bed. Weird?
You're not weird. I like to come home to clean sheets, too.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #659
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh poor you Debbie, we do manage to see them once a year and on Skype at the weekends but our grandson is 3 and growing so fast and another due in November.
I know about costly medicals bill, steve had a massive heart attack when we were over last October, ended up having a triple heart bypass, spent two weeks of our holiday in hospital, and the other two recovering, lucky we had insurance as the bill was over two million dollars, he is lucky that he is recovering slowly and can drive and get about again now but the journey back home was awful.
That is not the best way to spend your vacation. I'm glad he's on the mend. My dad had 7 bypasses in 1996 and is doing great. He's almost 83 and his doctor said he's pretty darn good shape for his age.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #660
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Wowzers. So not how you planned that trip I'm sure. And what a bill. Thank heavens for good insurance. Glad he's on the mend.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #661
Stazon Splitcoast

I had typed a nice long response yesterday, but had trouble connecting with splitcoast. Anyway, I just want to say how very blessed I feel to be living in Canada where we have universal health care. Our taxes are higher as a result, but still manageable. I was also blessed to have a job that covered insurance for dental, drugs, etc. Now that I am retired, I can opt into the seniors drug plan for $100 a year, but seeing as I am not on any medication, I haven't taken advantage of that yet. I couldn't imagine going into retirement with a $20,000 health care debt.
Although my pension is small, if I live carefully, I can probably budget for a couple of trips/year to see the grandkids in Texas. I used to come here 4 times a year, but now I will come less times and stay longer....after all, my lodging will be free!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #662
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina, I had a job with health insurance before moving back to MT, but DH insisted he wanted to move back here. Little did we know that 4 years later he would end up taking a mercy flight over 100 miles away and spending a week in the hospital. Since then, he was put on medicare. I have been without health insurance for 10 years. I finally was able to add more hours to my job at the library so now I get health insurance which doesn't kick in until Aug. 1. And it is amazingly very inexpensive for me, but not so for the city. With a lot of luck I can keep up my payment schedule for all my bills and I can be debt free in 7 years. That includes paying off my mortgage. When I look at it that way, it's not as overwhelming as looking at the total due. With my extra hours, I can start saving for trips once a year. Traveling with DH can be a hassle unless we drive because of the oxygen issue.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #663
Pearl-ExPert

Wow Debbie your Dad is doing well, especially after such a big op, we are lucky here in Spain as we get the free health care we would get in England, if you are a pensioner that is, we arent pensioners yet but steve was injured on duty and so is covered, in Spain we now pay 10% of prescription charges which in Steve's case is only €8 per month, very cheap to say how much medication he still has to take.
I think everyone is feeling the pinch these days and has to make each penny or dollar count, the cost of flights has doubled in the last few years but as you say Ina, we have free lodgings and stay for at least a month, and now we live here that is our main holiday and we visit our son in England before and after our trip to san francisco.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #664
Stazon Splitcoast

When I visit my DD I have free lodgings, too. However, I get to sleep on the couch. If DH goes with me we have to stay in a motel because he's allergic to cats. DH is also very stubborn. He doesn't like going to Nebraska any more because of the humidity in the summer and doesn't want to drive in the winter. I decided if I want to visit the girls, I'll go by myself. DH can see them when they are able to come up here. He just doesn't know what he's missing.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #665
Pearl-ExPert

We really hate the long haul flights , almost twelve hours just from england, if we fly from Spain it takes about 36 hours with stop overs, but you just have to do it, I couldn't bear not to see them all, we have a new grandson due in November, we've been invited for Christmas to see the baby but we don't know if our other son is coming yet, I hope they have the holidays so we can all go over, fingers crossed we all make it.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #666
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie, I don't think men bond quite as well with grandchildren as women do. When kids get older, their grandfathers seem to have an easier time bonding. I'm glad you have such a positive attitude towards finances. When you look longer term, it doesn't seem so intimidating. I did that too and it worked for me. I am sorry that health issues keep your DH at home.
Jan, I am also glad you still have the health care insurance you need. Such a blessing too, to live in a warm climate all year round. I have embraced the temperatures at home (cold in winter, brrr!) otherwise I would not enjoy my life nearly as much. But I still prefer the warmth of summer!

Last edited by yellowrose46; 07-15-2012 at 04:09 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #667
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We really hate the long haul flights , almost twelve hours just from england, if we fly from Spain it takes about 36 hours with stop overs, but you just have to do it, I couldn't bear not to see them all, we have a new grandson due in November, we've been invited for Christmas to see the baby but we don't know if our other son is coming yet, I hope they have the holidays so we can all go over, fingers crossed we all make it.
I hate not seeing my girsl very often. But one day things will be better. I know. I hope things work out for all of your family to be together for the holidays.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #668
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally got my boss's retirement book card done. I worked on it pretty much all day. My Cameo was acting up but once I got it under control again, cutting the pages was pretty smooth. I took pictures of it at different angles so you should be able to get an idea of how I made it. There's room for lots of signatures without making (or purchasing) a huge card. It's stands up on its own, too. I kept it kind of plain with very little embellishment. Hope you like it.

Bonnie's retirement book card - front by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Bonnie's retirement book card - spine by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Bonnie's retirement book card - open by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Bonnie's retirement book card - middle pages by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 07-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #669
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I'll make a book card for my Dad for his birthday in September and print pictures of my girls on each page.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #670
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie, that is a super card. I know she will love it! Left you some 'love'.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #671
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Ina. It turned out better than I hoped. I thought about adding one or two rolled flowers, but with it being passed around, I didn't want to take the chance of it getting messed up. I might add one in the bottom right corner if I have time after I get it back.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #672
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Monday, Ladies!

I got some Studio time over the weekend... sadly, not for our challenges LOL BUt they are next on the list. I don't do well with combining challenges. I pick something and run with it. I guess I'll have a ton of cards when I'm through hehe
Old 07-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #673
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
When I visit my DD I have free lodgings, too. However, I get to sleep on the couch. If DH goes with me we have to stay in a motel because he's allergic to cats. DH is also very stubborn. He doesn't like going to Nebraska any more because of the humidity in the summer and doesn't want to drive in the winter. I decided if I want to visit the girls, I'll go by myself. DH can see them when they are able to come up here. He just doesn't know what he's missing.
Boy, I'll say! I can't imagine Bob not traveling with me when he's able to see the girls. Granted, it's only a 5 hour drive for us. Like you, when I go by myself, I sleep on the couch. When we go, we stay at a hotel about 5 minutes away. It's a no-frills hotel (pool is outside) but we don't spend a lot of time there anyway... just to dump off the bags and to sleep LOL.

Adrian has been gone 2 weeks. So far she has called me 2x and grandpa once just to make sure she had her 'list of sleeps' in order before she gets to come back to our house.

We have:
Abby's BD (Oct)
her BD (Nov... on thanksgiving)
Christmas
Valentine's Day
Easter
Then it's her turn LOL
Old 07-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #674
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I finally got my boss's retirement book card done. I worked on it pretty much all day. My Cameo was acting up but once I got it under control again, cutting the pages was pretty smooth. I took pictures of it at different angles so you should be able to get an idea of how I made it. There's room for lots of signatures without making (or purchasing) a huge card. It's stands up on its own, too. I kept it kind of plain with very little embellishment. Hope you like it.
I wish you could remember where you got the template from. This would make a great tutorial for one of the magazines... and maybe put a bit of cash in your travel fund
Old 07-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #675
Pearl-ExPert

A big pat on the back for the book Debbie, it's lovely, your boss will be so pleased when she sees it.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #676
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S12C1 - Challenge!

French artist Edgar Degas was born in 1834. He is most known for his paintings of ballet dancers.

You can see a collection of images from his works HERE

Caution: True to the paintings of that century, some may a bit risque, based on your determination of that word.

Your challenge this week is to make your card with the following elements:

Softness
Grace
Feminine

BONUS!
Include Ballet shoes in your image somewhere.

KEYWORD: S2S12C1

Last edited by ScrappinCEO; 07-16-2012 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: content warning for link
Old 07-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #677
Pearl-ExPert

By the way Kelly, the challenge using Christmas colours but not a Christmas card, well it really has taxed my brain, i decided to make some red paper with red lava glimmer mist, the nozzle was blocked so I poked it, yes I ended up wearing it, it was all over my arms and shoulders, steve was trying to get it off with a baby wipe, took a shower to finally get it off, today my fingers are stained bright red. Now I'm determined to finish the card, but just one question, can we use White as a background or does it have to be just the four colours.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #678
Pearl-ExPert

Just realised it's the all occasion card challenge not this one, sorry it mus be the heat getting to me

Last edited by jan31; 07-16-2012 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Spelling mistske
Old 07-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #679
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
By the way Kelly, the challenge using Christmas colours but not a Christmas card, well it really has taxed my brain, i decided to make some red paper with red lava glimmer mist, the nozzle was blocked so I poked it, yes I ended up wearing it, it was all over my arms and shoulders, steve was trying to get it off with a baby wipe, took a shower to finally get it off, today my fingers are stained bright red. Now I'm determined to finish the card, but just one question, can we use White as a background or does it have to be just the four colours.
LOL... that's okay that you asked here. The more places, the better chance of catching me these days.

Yes, you can use white as your base.

Hmmm You really should have taken a pic of you covered in red lava glimmer mist! LOL
Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #680
Forum Fanatic

My heart goes out to all of you with your families medical problems.

I don't know if I can cheat like this but I want to use a card I cased today. It is as feminine and soft as I can get! With all the layers and lacy cuts do it for me!

Here is the link - Hope CASE by scootsv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Rita/scootsv