Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #521
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly, I am with you with the heights! Our neighbors just told us today that they went sky diving last week-end! They are in the 70s for crying out loud! My DH and I couldn't believe it! Not us! No skydiving for us! LOL
I have a hot air balloon stamp that has never seen ink. Hope that would work for this challenge.

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 41/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$199.92
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #522
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly, this is right up my alley! I LOVE hot air balloons! I've had a ride in one a few years ago and it was amazing! You feel very safe up there and you just float....and it's so peaceful. I would go again in a heartbeat, if I could afford it! I have some hot air balloon stamps, so I hope to play this week sometime, but it's going to be a busy week! I'm spending the day in Toronto with my DD tomorrow, Wed, a group of us are helping a friend (who was widowed this spring) to weed her flowerbeds, Thursday we are having a bit of a class get together at a cottage at Kettle Point on Lake Huron (where there are 'kettles' in the water) and Friday I will have to catch up at home, but maybe I'll get to make some cards!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #523
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Kelly, I'm not too keen on heights myself. I would probably freeze and close my eyes until I was on the ground again. But I don't mind flying. Looks like a fun challenge. Hope to get to it sometime this week. But I'm behind on all of the challenges.

Heights I can do... just not heights that move LOL Though I used to like to fly before all the home land security stuff. Now it just takes all the fun out of it
Old 06-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #524
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Kelly, I am with you with the heights! Our neighbors just told us today that they went sky diving last week-end! They are in the 70s for crying out loud! My DH and I couldn't believe it! Not us! No skydiving for us! LOL
I have a hot air balloon stamp that has never seen ink. Hope that would work for this challenge.

Sharon
Until you mentioned the stamp, I'd forgotten I have one. It's a small one... like an off in the distance against the sky kind of stamp. Makes me wish I were better at the braying technique LOL

Did you see the 70 year old woman who went skydiving and her harness came lose? She was being held on by her tandem jumper, shirt over her head, bare back and bra exposed LOL They landed safely. She said she wasn't scared because she couldn't see anything except through the small opening left in the neck hole.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #525
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, Ina... I'm a southern yankee hehe What are 'kettles'?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #526
Stazon Splitcoast

What I plan to do after Adrian leaves is take an entire stamping day. Tops on my list is to work my way down the S2S challenge list. I'll try to combine them with other challenges and double up.

I figure if I can do that, I'll have a bunch of cards to post to the blog in October and November when real life rears it's head again
Old 06-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #527
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Until you mentioned the stamp, I'd forgotten I have one. It's a small one... like an off in the distance against the sky kind of stamp. Makes me wish I were better at the braying technique LOL

Did you see the 70 year old woman who went skydiving and her harness came lose? She was being held on by her tandem jumper, shirt over her head, bare back and bra exposed LOL They landed safely. She said she wasn't scared because she couldn't see anything except through the small opening left in the neck hole.

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 06-06-2012, 03:13 AM   #528
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Okay, Ina... I'm a southern yankee hehe What are 'kettles'?
O.K, how do I explain them? Are you familiar with curling (the sport) rocks? They are shaped like that....round, but flattened and usually around 2-3 feet in diameter. Apparently, there are only three places in the world where they occur naturally. I love discovering them in the water!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #529
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
O.K, how do I explain them? Are you familiar with curling (the sport) rocks? They are shaped like that....round, but flattened and usually around 2-3 feet in diameter. Apparently, there are only three places in the world where they occur naturally. I love discovering them in the water!
Hmmmm Guess I need to do some searching. I know about 'skipping stones' and I've heard of 'curling'
Old 06-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #530
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S12X - Challenge

I'm posting this week's challenge while I have a couple of minutes of computer time. CT is limited with Adrian here. It will free up a bit after grandpa gets home on Wed.

Burl Ives was born on June 14th, 1909. He did many voice overs but is probably most famous for the snowman who narrated Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

So your challenge this week....

Bring on RUDOLPH! (you may use the dasher stamp just make sure to give him a red nose hehe)

Get one of you Christmas cards out of the way making Rudolph the star of the card!

There are only 197 days left til Christmas.... Just in case you were curious LOL

Merry Christmas!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #531
Stazon Splitcoast

Only 197 days!! I better start saving money for presents or start buying them and hopefully remember where I put them.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #532
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Only 197 days!! I better start saving money for presents or start buying them and hopefully remember where I put them.
Hehehe definitely the saving money part anyway.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #533
Matboard Maniac

Hello Ladies!!

a lovely train of posts!

...we are getting ready to go airborn!

we leave for Canada in under 4 weeks! (it is actually DH who is counting the sleeps!). really i think DH is just looking forward to the 6 days in honolulu! then we are onto toronto. we are there briefly and the onto the east coast for a few weeks. ...back to TO and then down to the kitchener area for one weekend - watch out INA!!!!! (i will pm with dates). we have about three weeks in ontario. we come home via a few days in calgary (to see the rockies) it will be a very fast 7 weeks!!

i have been thinking of you guys lately though,. had to 'whip up' a card last night for my DH's bosses bday. (used artistic elements - he loves the fineries of europe!).

was also thinking of you guys a while ago. bretts dad passed away on easter sunday and we went up the next week for the funeral. i wanted to do something to help merril so i took some paper and some ideas and i made all merril's (MIL) thank you cards - made about 70 over about 5 nights - 5 different designs. it felt good, even if they were copies! also i have done a mothers day craft for sunday school class at church.

and my Norwex stuff is selling pretty well, so i feel i have a bit to spend, but dont feel so guilty when i do, but i am also feeling ALOT more controlled now!

because of my Norwex sales i am also able to support my other passion - have decided to put in $50 per month to the A21 (slavery) campaign and also we have been able to get another sponsor child - a very sweet little girl in Haiti- of course one of her jobs is cleaning yippee !!!!

thanks so much guys - i see you guys like good, old friends. it doesnt matter how long it has been you can just 'drop in' and it seems like you have never been away!

thanks a lot,

cheers, love s. xoxoxo
Old 06-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #534
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Stephanie! That really came up fast! I'll look forward to seeing you in Canada!
Sorry to hear your father-in-law passed away. Doesn't it make you feel good to use your creative abilities to help at a time like that! I know you said the cards were copies, but you still had to craft those first five, and they were all hand made!
So glad your Norwex sales are going well. A girl at work sells Norwex too and I bought a baby bath towel/wrap from her. I sure hope my daughter appreciated it.
Great that you could drop in for a bit.......so good to hear from you!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #535
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Stephanie. You've been busy. So sorry about you FIL. Have a wonderful trip. Sounds like you're going to be busy with a lot of traveling. When you're in Calgary, you will be kind of close to me, but still close to 300 miles I think. You'll love the area. It is beautiful.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #536
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't decide if I'm spending more since I joined this group or if I'm just more aware of my spending. It seems like every time I turn around I see something I just have to have. I really do need to make an SU order. I'm running low on cardstock. Maybe that's why I haven't been making very many cards lately; all I have of my favorites is small scraps. I am forced to use colors I haven't used in a long time, which is good since a lot of them are retired colors.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #537
Pearl-ExPert

I know it's a bit late in the year but would love to join all you girls in this challenge, I know many of you from the Christmas card challenge and I've just joined all occasion challenge, might encourage me to use more of my stash, that would certainly please my DH!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #538
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome Jan....good to see you here. Kelly gives us lots of great challenges! This challenge makes us aware of how much we are actually spending. I haven't done a very good job of curbing my spending yet
Old 06-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #539
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, next question is how do I post my balances? Ive been reading back posts to get an idea what's what, I had to smile that you can reward yourself 1$ for reading a book, made me wonder how much I could reward myself for kneeling in the hot sun for an hour and half tiling round the pool edge!!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #540
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I can't decide if I'm spending more since I joined this group or if I'm just more aware of my spending. It seems like every time I turn around I see something I just have to have. I really do need to make an SU order. I'm running low on cardstock. Maybe that's why I haven't been making very many cards lately; all I have of my favorites is small scraps. I am forced to use colors I haven't used in a long time, which is good since a lot of them are retired colors.
When I first joined in last of 2011, I was really being good. Now, I have gone hogwild! It is terrible! But it is fun to be able to do plus $ for making my cards and scrap pages.

Sharon
ps no way I could run out of paper. I am a hoarder of all retired papers! LOL
Are you participating in VSN tonight?
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 06-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #541
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hot Air Balloon Challenge

Here is a card I combined the VSN challenge with the hot air balloon challenge in post 519
It will be for a friend's anniversary card.

Sharon.
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 06-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #542
Stazon Splitcoast

I missed VSN. Wasn't even prepared for it. I don't know what I've been doing the last couple days, but my desk, which is also my stamping space, is a total disaster. I had a busy day today. Took my dad to his doctor's appointment this morning. He's in pretty good shape for his age (82). Then I had to grocery shopping, then make a potato salad and bake a cake. My son turned 35 today so he and a friend came here for supper. It was just the 4 of us. I haven't even made Father's Day cards yet. I probably should do that sometime tomorrow, preferrably before I go to work at noon. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend to look at the VSN challenges.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #543
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan31 View Post
Ok, next question is how do I post my balances? Ive been reading back posts to get an idea what's what, I had to smile that you can reward yourself 1$ for reading a book, made me wonder how much I could reward myself for kneeling in the hot sun for an hour and half tiling round the pool edge!!
Jan.....you can use one of the balance sheets some people have posted, or you can use an account ledger that you can get in any stationary store. whatever is easier for you. As for what you can award yourself for, you can use the items posted as a guideline, but you make up your own rules. Whatever activity you find challenging is always a good starting point. For example....I love reading books, so it wouldn't be fair for me to award myself for that, but I am a loner and find it difficult to attend social functions, so I do award myself for each social function out of the ordinary (birthdays don't count, but asking a new widow to join me at a movie night did count). Speaking of working around the pool in the sun, I think that should be awarded. I have awarded myself $1.00 for each hour I spend digging the gout weeds out of my flowerbed. So you get the picture......it's all up to you! In the end it's really all about making us more aware of how much money we spend on our crafting hobby, and how best to make use of what we already have.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #544
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Ina, I thought it was just for crafting you earned dollars which would be hard for me to even break even as I don't sell my cards I only make them for family and friends, will be interesting to see my balance at end of year as my wish list grows daily, my DH says he is so glad I save him so much money by making my own cards!!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #545
Stazon Splitcoast

Isn't it funny how much money we save! After all, a store bought card can cost from $1.00 to maybe $4.50. And we can make them at home for next to nothing. $0.10 for cardstock, $0.25 for a sheet of patterned paper on sale, $25.99 for a die set, $12.95 for a border punch, $12.99 for a set of coloured pencils, (or $72.99 for a set of copic markers) and $35.99 for a stamp set. Look at all the money we saved!!!
We don't just award ourselves money for cards we sell, we also award ourselves for any cards we make and extra for doing a challenge card. So it can add up.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #546
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls
Sorry I'm behind this week. Except for a few minutes last night (when I couldn't find the flash drive) this is the first chance I've had to get on the puter this week. I'll get this week's challenge posted in just a few (minutes not days hehe)
Old 06-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #547
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S12Y - Challenge

Okay.. normally this would post on Monday but it seems appropriate for it to post today - the first day of Summer.

In honor of the Summer Solstice, bring on the FLOWERS!

You may use dimensional flowers, stamped flowers, real dried flowers or even flowery paper. Just let Summer Blooms be the focus of your card.

KEYWORD: S2S12Y

We're on the downhill slide to Fall. As hot as it's been, doesn't that sound inviting? LOL

Last edited by ScrappinCEO; 06-20-2012 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: adding keyword
Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #548
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
LOL Awareness is all I ask, Debbie. If it makes you think twice before buying something or going overboard on an order, then it's working.

When I have 5 minutes LOL I'll look for some links for cards from scraps. Maybe try cards with the quilted look and use up those small pieces of your old favorites. These make great birthday or all occasion note cards!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #549
Stazon Splitcoast

Stephanie, it is soo good to hear from you, sweetie! I'm happy to know you found a way to help your family through your FIL's passing. I know that was hard on you guys. Funny how your son count's "sleeps" to events. That's what Adrian does. Amazing how kids find to turn things into a form they can understand.

Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned. Are you going to keep a travel journal? A paper bag album would be great for this as it would provide pockets for tucking in things like travel stubs and other mementos you'll pick up along the way.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #550
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I know it's a bit late in the year but would love to join all you girls in this challenge, I know many of you from the Christmas card challenge and I've just joined all occasion challenge, might encourage me to use more of my stash, that would certainly please my DH!
Hey Jan! Great to see you here. As you'll see, I use the word AWARE a lot LOL. if what we do here makes you more aware of your spending habits, then you're headed in the right direction. You know most everyone so feel free to ask questions if you have any.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #551
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Here is a card I combined the VSN challenge with the hot air balloon challenge in post 519
It will be for a friend's anniversary card.

Sharon.
Great use of challenges, Sharon. Pretty card. I've marked you down.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #552
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks Ina, I thought it was just for crafting you earned dollars which would be hard for me to even break even as I don't sell my cards I only make them for family and friends, will be interesting to see my balance at end of year as my wish list grows daily, my DH says he is so glad I save him so much money by making my own cards!!
Though selling is a bonus, it's more about actually USING what we have before we think about buying more. Consumables like adhesives don't count. You have to have adhesive to use up your stash. Some of the things I credit myself for are using a stamp for the first time, participating in a challenge (because I tend to get behind in those LOL), and VSN or VSBN events.
In July I'll also be adding back in $1 per pound lost. But I think that $1 is going in my mad money fund for my trip in October.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:56 AM   #553
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly, please don't wish away the summer........I love summer! As a matter of fact, even though it was sunny, humid and 86 degrees here yesterday (and warmer today) it's just not enough for me.....I plan to spend 2 1/2 weeks in Texas in July (usually temps of over 100 each day)
Old 06-21-2012, 04:09 AM   #554
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
Kelly, please don't wish away the summer........I love summer! As a matter of fact, even though it was sunny, humid and 86 degrees here yesterday (and warmer today) it's just not enough for me.....I plan to spend 2 1/2 weeks in Texas in July (usually temps of over 100 each day)
Morning Ina

Oh definitely not wishing it away. Though Fall is my favorite season. I dont mind the temps so much. The humidity is a different story Ugh!

Yeah TX in July is NOT very inviting. Spend lots of time in air conditioned stores LOL. NOTE: I didn't say you had to BUY... just browse hehe
Old 06-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #555
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina, what is Canada like in October or September, or August? DH is looking at a trip to Banff National Park. Fly there and then rent a car. When would you think would be the best time? It is just talk right now, but has been on his bucket list ever since I have known him.

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #556
Stazon Splitcoast

Banff would be pretty close to the same weather we have here in Montana. I'm thinking it might be around 300 miles from me. August or September would be nice months to visit there. We spent a day there on our honeymoon many years ago. It was the middle of September and it was nice but a little cool.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #557
Pearl-ExPert

Oh dear, in the red, didn't take me long did it, I bought a few downloads yesterday, svg's to make a word card and some baby boy papers and elements, thought I could make a start on our new grandsons card although he's not due until Nov 1st but I like to plan special cards, the annoying thing is I couldn't get the file to open up in scal, I spent a frustrating half an hour last night so had to leave it in the end, hope to have more success this afternoon.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #558
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S12Z - Challenge

WOW! Can you believe this will be our 26th post? We are 1/2 way through the year.

This week your challenge is to use lots of TEXTURE.

Why?

Because Helen Keller was born on June 27th, 1880. She opened the world for other blind people. Let's show her some love.

BONUS!
Yep, haven't had a BONUS for awhile but I want you to make it a BIRTHDAY CARD... For 2 reasons:

1) It's Helen Keller's birthday
2) Mildred J. Hill (composer Happy Birthday to You) was also born on June 27th, 1859.

KEYWORD: S2S12Z
Old 06-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #559
Stazon Splitcoast

This year seems to be going by faster than most. Maybe it's because I've been busier than usual. I'm hoping life slows down some by the end of July. There isn't a single week in July that we don't have something that needs to be done. We're trying to find a good day that DH can have his nose fixed. He wants to wait until we have all these projects done before he has that done. Hopefully, his breathing will be a bit better. I'm going to start working more hours next week so I'll have a little less time to get things done. My house is a disaster right now. Would someone please send me the cleaning fairy?
Old 06-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #560
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S12X Rudolph challenge

Here are my Christmas cards with Rudolph for the S2S12X challenge, Kelly!
I thought I was really on top of things and see that there are two more challenges: y and z! Thank you for the challenge. Hope you like them Kelly!

Sharon

Sorry, Debbie, I don't have any house cleaning fairies to send you. I need them here too! LOL
Proud Fan Club Member

Last edited by smadson; 06-25-2012 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: add link