Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Splitcoast Challenges (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-f40/)
-   -   Mix It Up Challenge - Take Two! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-f40/mix-up-challenge-take-two-t549193.html)

Ashdale 02-25-2012 02:37 PM

Mix It Up Challenge - Take Two!
 
I love playing along with challenges! I have made so many lovely friends here on Split Coast and I thought it would be fun to gather a bunch of my friends on here and start up a new challenge thread! So here's what the cracked up bunch have cooked up....

We are calling these challenges.... Mix It Up! and Everyone is Welcome!!!

We will be posting 1 challenge per week on Sunday's, there are no winners or losers! There will be a number of different hostess' and they will let us know when they want to take a turn hosting

All you really need to know is..... RANDOM IS HOW WE ROLL!!! Each hostess will put their own spin on the challenges so it's just going to be a surprise every week!!! How fun is that?????

The Keywords for this challenge will be MIU so if you upload to the gallery it would be so great if you use this so we can pop in and see what you have created. Also please Please post your creations to this thread so everyone that is chatting away (which is what we usually are doing) can see what you made!!

I will warn you! We are a chatty bunch!! So pull up a chair and get comfortable.... pop by and say Hi! We would love to have you join us!!

FMcrafter 02-25-2012 02:46 PM

Ha...Ha...found my sunglasses that have anti-pink rays...so I am safe....ha...thought you could lose me that easily!

trying to remember what we did in round 1...
mono
altered
colour challenge
one layer challenge
anything but a square card

resource challenge...
anyone what to take a turn knocking Lisa off the naughty throne for a week and giving us a challenge!

Ashdale 02-25-2012 02:52 PM

Ohhh Ms. Lynn..... Yvonne is the Queen of the Mix it Up Challenge this week!!!! Watch out... you just never know what she has in store for us!!! You only *think* your anti-pink rays will keep you safe :P LOL!!!!

FMcrafter 02-25-2012 02:59 PM

**Lynn...runs to find the new flowers she bought...sticks them on Lisa's fishbowl

muscrat 02-25-2012 03:02 PM

Wow! only four or five challenges and we were over 5000 posts! That averages at 800-1000 posts per challenge! We are a chatty bunch!!:shock:

muscrat 02-25-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 19217751)
Ha...Ha...found my sunglasses that have anti-pink rays...so I am safe....ha...thought you could lose me that easily!

trying to remember what we did in round 1...
mono
altered
colour challenge
resource challenge...
anyone what to take a turn knocking Lisa off the naughty throne for a week and giving us a challenge!

You forgot Donna's one layer challenge...I remember vividly because I was so clever in that one!! (In other words, I cheated!):D

FMcrafter 02-25-2012 03:10 PM

I forgot that one...thought it would be nice for new victim...oopppsss..corrupteees...ooppssss... new people to the challenge to see some of what we had done

Suzy800 02-25-2012 03:39 PM

Hello lovely ladies!! Are you anxious to know what I'm going to put you through this week.....hmmmm....are ya......are ya?! Lol

FMcrafter 02-25-2012 03:42 PM

Spill....where are our hints...come on..you know you wannna

Ashdale 02-25-2012 03:44 PM

It's Lynn's fault.... we just can't shut her up!!! LOL!!! j/k Lynn ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 19217789)
Wow! only four or five challenges and we were over 5000 posts! That averages at 800-1000 posts per challenge! We are a chatty bunch!!:shock:


Ashdale 02-25-2012 03:47 PM

I'm Ready Yvonne!!!! *Lisa puts Purple heart shaped glasses on Lynn and then glues HUUUUGE pink flowers right over the lenses so she can't see what's happening* LOL!!!!

muscrat 02-25-2012 03:49 PM

Spill, spill, I want to go to bed, but you know I won't sleep until you post the new challenge.

ETA: I've put a new link in my siggy, but will correct it once Yvonne posts the new challenge.

Suzy800 02-25-2012 03:58 PM

Lol Kathy......I'm just eating and I don't even have my 'thing' done for my own challenge so I can show you lovely ladies what I want you to do!!! Maybe I'll just make you all do an accordion folder card......lol lol lol

muscrat 02-25-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy800 (Post 19218002)
Lol Kathy......I'm just eating and I don't even have my 'thing' done for my own challenge so I can show you lovely ladies what I want you to do!!! Maybe I'll just make you all do an accordion folder card......lol lol lol

That would take me a few weeks!!

Suzy800 02-25-2012 04:04 PM

Okay here's a hint......you might need ribbon.....you might use an embossing folder.....you might get to play with a punch.....you might want to go in search of pearls.....maybe you'll use a distressing tool......you may even use some embossing powder and a heat gun......

Is that enough clues for you?! Hahahaha

muscrat 02-25-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy800 (Post 19218027)
Okay here's a hint......you might need ribbon.....you might use an embossing folder.....you might get to play with a punch.....you might want to go in search of pearls.....maybe you'll use a distressing tool......you may even use some embossing powder and a heat gun......

Is that enough clues for you?! Hahahaha

I have everything on that list....now what? LOL

laurenscraft 02-25-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 19217751)
Ha...Ha...found my sunglasses that have anti-pink rays...so I am safe....ha...thought you could lose me that easily!

trying to remember what we did in round 1...
mono
altered
colour challenge
one layer challenge
resource challenge...
anyone what to take a turn knocking Lisa off the naughty throne for a week and giving us a challenge!

did we do shaped cards or was that somewhere else????

;)

Ashdale 02-25-2012 04:32 PM

Yes Lauren, We did a shaped card for your challenge didn't we???? I remember that quite clearly! :)

FMcrafter 02-25-2012 04:35 PM

Come to mine for tea...ooopppss...i fell...hey the cat is attacking my glasses

muscrat 02-25-2012 04:35 PM

Yes, I remember! I did the coffee mug!

FMcrafter 02-25-2012 04:37 PM

Key lime pie...yuuummm a bit of summer in the winter

rositagustafson72 02-25-2012 04:39 PM

Hi ladies, glad I found the new thread.

FMcrafter 02-25-2012 04:43 PM

A left a trail of shredded pink flowers for everyone...mmmuuuhhhaa

rositagustafson72 02-25-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 19218116)
A left a trail of shredded pink flowers for everyone...mmmuuuhhhaa

Thank you, it helped me find my way home.

muscrat 02-25-2012 04:48 PM

Well, I will probably have nightmares tonight because I have to log off and get to bed before Yvonne gets her challenge posted! Crying myself to sleep tonight....yep, that's me...:(

Ashdale 02-25-2012 04:49 PM

Rosie, we wouldn't let you escape us!!! We would have found you and dragged you over here!!! ;D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rositagustafson72 (Post 19218106)
Hi ladies, glad I found the new thread.


muscrat 02-25-2012 04:50 PM

Yvonne, I may hold your happy mail and extra day for this!!! Just kidding, it will still go out on Monday! Goodnight JimBob

Ashdale 02-25-2012 04:50 PM

Awww Kathy... no worries.... sleep well, I have a feeling Yvonne is going to make us work for it this week! LOL!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 19218127)
Well, I will probably have nightmares tonight because I have to log off and get to bed before Yvonne gets her challenge posted! Crying myself to sleep tonight....yep, that's me...:(


FMcrafter 02-25-2012 04:52 PM

Kathy..just think of a challenge to get her back next week...mmmmuuu

muscrat 02-25-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashdale (Post 19218135)
Awww Kathy... no worries.... sleep well, I have a feeling Yvonne is going to make us work for it this week! LOL!!!

With the list she's posted that we "might" need, it may take us all week to make one example!!!

laurenscraft 02-25-2012 04:52 PM

I left a trail of goldfish scales.....

muscrat 02-25-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 19218140)
Kathy..just think of a challenge to get her back next week...mmmmuuu

My thinking cap is already going! I have to make examples, but I have two more ideas. Boy am I full of them or what? Ideas! That's what I am full of! Do not go there smarty pants!

laurenscraft 02-25-2012 04:54 PM

What list, when was that posted, I have no supplies ready for this challenge, Oh what to do, where is the list?????

laurenscraft 02-25-2012 04:54 PM

Good job you told me not to, I was almost there..... full......

Donnaml 02-25-2012 04:55 PM

Ha Ha, I found you all:) And you thought I wouldn't. Fooled you didn't I?

LOVE LOVE LOVE your entry this week Yvonne:)

Lauren, Yours is gorgeous also.

Lisa, did you do one?????

Kathy, bed? Already? You don't need to sleep, do you?

Come on Yvonne, what is the challenge. My sister is taking me to JoAnn
tomorrow. No one will leave me alone by myself. So I am going to make them miserable. LOL, see how long this lasts:) I am such a little chit!!!!!:)

Oh, Oh, I only have to lose my license for 6 months not8:)

Hey Sam, Good to hear from you:) I am soo glad you are in less pain. Keep us informed.

HI Rosie
Hi Lynn
Hi Vickie
Hi Deb

muscrat 02-25-2012 04:56 PM

Post #15

muscrat 02-25-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnaml (Post 19218159)
Ha Ha, I found you all:) And you thought I wouldn't. Fooled you didn't I?

LOVE LOVE LOVE your entry this week Yvonne:)

Lauren, Yours is gorgeous also.

Lisa, did you do one?????

Kathy, bed? Already? You don't need to sleep, do you?

Come on Yvonne, what is the challenge. My sister is taking me to JoAnn
tomorrow. No one will leave me alone by myself. So I am going to make them miserable. LOL, see how long this lasts:) I am such a little chit!!!!!:)

Oh, Oh, I only have to lose my license for 6 months not8:)

Hey Sam, Good to hear from you:) I am soo glad you are in less pain. Keep us informed.

HI Rosie
Hi Lynn
Hi Vickie
Hi Deb

Hi sweetie! I wouldn't leave you alone either! You get in to too much trouble! I was hoping I would be able to say Goodnight JimBob to you tonight!

Donnaml 02-25-2012 04:59 PM

Oh my goodness, I went to that Shoebox Swap today and made 20, count them, 20 beautiful cards. I should divide them up and send them to all of you. They are all so pretty.:) I had alot of fun and hope they have more of them:)

Donnaml 02-25-2012 05:00 PM

Aw Kathy, I love you too:) Night..........dang, can't think of any of their names right now. LOL Ummmmmm John Boy!!!! DUH!

muscrat 02-25-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnaml (Post 19218172)
Oh my goodness, I went to that Shoebox Swap today and made 20, count them, 20 beautiful cards. I should divide them up and send them to all of you. They are all so pretty.:) I had alot of fun and hope they have more of them:)

Lucky you. I've heard of shoebox swaps but don't quite understand them.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:10 AM.