Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Splitcoast Challenges (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-f40/)
-   -   Dare to Get Dirty 2012 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-f40/dare-get-dirty-2012-a-t558106.html)

UnderstandBlue 07-10-2012 01:28 PM

Dare to Get Dirty 2012

1 Attachment(s)

Come celebrate with us

Since July of 2004, we’ve thanked our Fan Club members for supporting Splitcoast financially with a themed monthly gallery. We think up a theme, and our twelve talented designers create away, filling the gallery with all kinds of things to inspire and enable, and to give you a little something extra for your contributions to Splitcoast. We know you love to ogle the projects every month, and we know you’re all immensely talented, too.

Then we thought - how fun would it be get our Fan Club members to play along in challenges with us? With that thought, Dare to Get Dirty week was born. We're happy to celebrate our eighth anniversary with you with a week full of stamping challenges.

So what’s this all about?

Easy. It’s all about you. Sure, we’re playing, too, but we want to see what you do when you're challenged!

Our Dirty Dozen Designers, both past and present, have a fun week planned for you. You’ll see a little of everything – inspiration, 3D items, color and layout challenges, techniques, tutorials . . . . and besides the stamping part of things, we wanted to add something else, more personal interaction! We’ve got everything all pre-posted and ready to go, and the girls will be there in the chat threads to answer any of your pressing questions. If you’ve ever wondered how someone does something, ask away. They’re there to dish and share their dirty little secrets with you! We will even have a fun, new live chat feature waiting for you in the challenge forum!

Do I have to do them all?

Nah, just do what you can or what grabs you, or just jump in and chat with the girls if you can’t actually stamp during the challenges. We want to see your work and get to know you better!

What if I do do them all?

Good question! :wink: How about a prize drawing for those who complete all of the challenges (combining challenges is cool, of course!) and upload by August 6th?

Number of Winners? Well, we probably better have a dozen! And our sponsors this year are our AMAZING Member Companies, so get ready to win products from your favorite companies!

So when does it all start?
Saturday, July 28th, we’ll post the first set of challenges here, and will continue posting challenges through Friday, August 3rd.

Are there any rules?

Have fun! Combine challenges, go nuts with one challenge and do ten entries. Upload to your gallery, post your creations on your blog . . . just keep the details of the challenges here, okay? That’s it!

Only Fan Club Members will be able to upload to this event gallery, but everyone will be able to view and comment on your creations.

So if you haven't joined the Fan Club yet - what are you waiting for? This is your Dirty Dare! Join here and join in the fun!

(Blog blinkie attached!)

UnderstandBlue 07-24-2012 08:39 AM

Oh but wait - there's MORE. Did someone say prizes?

http://understandblue.blogs.splitcoa...D-sponsors.jpg

UnderstandBlue 07-24-2012 09:33 AM

ravengirl 07-24-2012 09:58 AM

Oh man! The Member Companies are really showin' the love for Fan Club members! You have to love this!

JenMarie 07-24-2012 10:24 AM

WOW!!

ohsnaplizzie 07-24-2012 11:54 AM

Holy moly yo!

Crafty Math Chick 07-24-2012 02:54 PM

WOWIE!!! I SO wanna play! (crying and falling backwards onto all of my packed up boxes...)

Got my blinkie up anyway. :)

UnderstandBlue 07-24-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty Math Chick (Post 19575775)
WOWIE!!! I SO wanna play! (crying and falling backwards onto all of my packed up boxes...)

Got my blinkie up anyway. :)

awww!!!! Do you have a friend that will let you stamp with them maybe? I wish you could come over here!!

donidoodle 07-24-2012 03:06 PM

WOW...I can't wait

Blooms in a Box 07-24-2012 04:48 PM

Super d-e-l-i-s-h! Let's go girls!!!

meedi-j 07-24-2012 05:43 PM

Looking forward to this! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Clownmom 07-24-2012 06:46 PM

That's quite a list of prizes! Can't wait for the fun to begin!!!

StampinAK 07-24-2012 06:50 PM

Wow, those are some generous prizes from the sponsors. I hope I can keep up with all of the fun!!

lurasfaith 07-24-2012 07:24 PM

We will be getting ready to go on vacation at the end of the week so I hope I can fit in a little stamping during our busy time!

irishgreensue 07-24-2012 09:19 PM

Ahhh, now this sounds like some FUN!! And Prizes too, sez you, UnderstandBlue?

This I gotta make time for - sounds like more fun than a barrel of monkeys!!
I will be at a stamp show on Saturday, but will make a beeline for my computer as soon I get home!!

Crafty Math Chick, you can come and stamp with me!!
Can't wait to see what the Dirty Girls dish up for this one!!
See ya Saturday night!!

sharonpink 07-25-2012 03:45 AM

Sounds Like Fun!!!

coffeestamper 07-25-2012 03:51 AM

Wish I had time to play off to another lacrosse tournament with my oldest son...ugh~
Have fun ladies and good luck with winning those fabo prizes...I am soo wishing I could play along~

AnniePanda 07-25-2012 08:30 AM

Exciting! Sounds live fun - can't wait!

pattyb 07-25-2012 09:19 AM

So do we get a sneak peek at the challenges ;)

UnderstandBlue 07-25-2012 10:47 AM

hahah Patty!!!!

No - that's only for VSN. No peeks. Oh - I do need to set about a shopping list though, eh?

ravengirl 07-25-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 19577368)
hahah Patty!!!!

No - that's only for VSN. No peeks. Oh - I do need to set about a shopping list though, eh?

Hey, that would be great!! I'm going out today, so I hope it comes up quick :)

cerridwen3301 07-25-2012 01:40 PM

hope hope i get a chance to participate!

stampnsk8r 07-25-2012 01:46 PM

This was soooo much fun last year. I'm going to be working Sat...so I'll be stalking the challenges till I get off work. Can't wait.

stampnsk8r 07-25-2012 01:48 PM

OH...and yes...a shopping list would be helpful...I'll be at Michael's tomorrow...so...yeah...shopping. lol

franb63 07-25-2012 08:11 PM

Well now.. I'm thinking I just may have to try this!!

cveneruso 07-26-2012 08:05 PM

how much longer?
if this were a car I'd be kicking the back of your seat.

pegmac71 07-27-2012 03:00 AM

Fabulous fabulous prizes from the member companies. They sure know how to make a girl drool!

UnderstandBlue 07-27-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cveneruso (Post 19580498)
how much longer?
if this were a car I'd be kicking the back of your seat.

BWAHAHAHAHHA!!!

Just one more sleep!!!

MaryR917 07-27-2012 04:17 AM

I cant wait to play along in these challenges and the prizes are nothing short of amazing

smadson 07-27-2012 06:17 AM

Wheeeee! Fun stamping and prizes!

Can't wait!!!!!

:)
Sharon

Crafty Julia 07-27-2012 07:32 AM

What a treat for us stampers! Can't wait :)

MistiRose 07-27-2012 07:41 AM

I have just found Splitcoaststampers and become a member. I have no idea how the challenges work but I am looking forward to jumping in with both feet - lucky me I only have one day to wait with baited breath! I look forward to seeing what everyone creates (and can't wait to hear what the challenges are!). Nothing too challenging I hope since I am fairly new to this. :)

Best of luck to everyone,
Misti

UnderstandBlue 07-27-2012 08:04 AM

Hi Misti! Welcome!

We will help you every step of the way, I promise and I'm always here if you need help.

Be sure and join the Fan Club to participate in Dare to get Dirty - you can read about the Fan Club here: Join the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club: Special Galleries, Forums & More

irishgreensue 07-27-2012 09:24 AM

Lydia, what time will the challenges be getting posted each day - I know I am gonna be late on Saturday (going to a Creating Keepsakes event) but I will have Sat night to catch up - really looking forward to this!! The dirty girls always have so much inspiration for us!!

UnderstandBlue 07-27-2012 09:42 AM

This year is no exception. The challenges are so fun we were all fighting over being sample makers - LOL - so the galleries will be full of pretty samples right from the start.

I will move the challenges each day no later than 8 AM and probably a good deal earlier. (CST) but 8 at the outside. Just one more sleep!

hlw966 07-27-2012 10:14 AM

I want to play... and hubby is away all Saturday! Woohoo!! Better run over to the fan club and reactivate my membership.

kenaijo 07-27-2012 10:14 AM

I did not know about this special week of challenges in the past. I am excited to participate this year. I am blessed not to be working next week. Thank you sponsors for your generosity.

LMONROE 07-27-2012 10:55 AM

I've never played in this before but I'm excited to try. I hope I can get all the challenges complete. I love all those sponsor companies and would love a chance at a prize.

berlycece 07-27-2012 11:29 AM

Added the widget to my blog...going to clear off my space so I can get messy...errr, ummm, Dirty, tomorrow!

lazylizard 07-27-2012 03:30 PM

Great prizes, and looking for another week of fun. I love taking part in these fabulous challenges. It is always good to see some of the DD girls again.