Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Musical Card Challenge #29 Hint: John Deere

Ladies, I would like to thank all of you that participated in last week's Musical Challenge - Country Strong. I know it's getting to be nicer outside and people aren't wanting to stay inside. However, I appreciate you staying inside to play this challenge with me. Remember, if you have any ideas on making these challenges better, please pm me. I want to hear your ideas. Or if you would like to request a song to use as our inspiration, you should also pm me.

For this week's challenge; you can win prizes. For every person you bring to the challenge, that posts a card, you and your friend will get a prize. Remember the more the merrier.

Okay, I am guessing you want to know who won last week's cards. The winner of the "Country Strong" cards is: Drumroll please: Anganny

Way to go Anganny Congrats!!! I have an address on file for you. However, if you would like them to be sent somewhere different please pm me the address. To those of you that plan on sending Anganny your card please pm me for her address.

For the next couple of week's we are going to hold a contest within our Musical Card Challenge. The contest is to come up with a name for our weekly card winner. I don't like using the word recipient all the time. I would like something unique and fun to call our weekly winner. So, pm me with your suggestions. The winner will get a prize.

Ladies, let's keep in mind that we all love it when we see comments under our cards. So please let's all try to leave love under everyone's creations.

Woo Hoo It's time to announce this week's song. Is everybody ready?? Here we go. This week's song is:

"Wildflower"by: JaneDear Girls
Here are a few of the lyrics You can listen to the song by clicking on the title.

Hey, I'm a wild flower growin' in the sunshine,
Soakin' up the way of life I was raised in.
Runnin' barefoot, bloomin' in a summer shower,
Ponytail dancin', I can't help it,
I-I'm a wildflower.

If you are new to the challenge this is how it works. Each Saturday I choose a song. I then ask you to make a card that is inspired by the chosen song. Then post your card here in the forum and we can leave our comments and chat about it. Then next Saturday I will put everyone's name that made a card for this challenge into a drawing. The winner will be the recipient of the cards made for this challenge. Therefore I will ask you to consider sending your card to whomever is the lucky recipient. However, it is NOT mandatory that you send your card out. You may use it for whatever you wish.

Also, please remember in order to have your name put in the drawing you MUST post your card here in the forum before next Saturday.

Please use the keyword: DDMCC29

HAPPY CREATING!!!!

My Wildflower Card

Have Fun!!!!

Last edited by DellsDani; 05-28-2011 at 09:37 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 894 Likes on 567 Posts

Dani, got a message that the uploaded did not make it available in my country so Suzy and I won't be able to get at it. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2011, 04:45 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Dani, got a message that the uploaded did not make it available in my country so Suzy and I won't be able to get at it. Thanks
Are you talking about the link to listen to the song? If so, I will post a different one. I always forget about out of the country availability.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yay! ......I won!!

Dani same address is fine. Oh n I really like this weeks songs. will be working on it soon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I already know what I'm going to do with this song. I'm going to work on it Tuesday night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I already know what I am going to do with this song.....so I did it!!! LOL

WildflowerSong by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Thumbs up

Here is my card.

Loads of Wildflowers

In the end we are not only defined by what we create, but what we refuse to destroy.
John Sawhill~Nature Conservancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Jamie! Welcome to the motley crew here. I love your card! I had a similar thought...I was gonna put bunches in a wheelbarrow. Dani will be back on tomorrow so she can welcome you in STYLE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Thumbs up

Quote:

Hi, Jamie! Welcome to the motley crew here. I love your card! I had a similar thought...I was gonna put bunches in a wheelbarrow. Dani will be back on tomorrow so she can welcome you in STYLE!!
Thank you! I have had that set for awhile and never used it, so it was good that I to use another new set (I used a couple other new ones for the VSN Challenges). Awww.. the wheelbarrow woulda been cute!

In the end we are not only defined by what we create, but what we refuse to destroy.
John Sawhill~Nature Conservancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello Cricket. Welcome to the musical challenge. Wow, your card really says "Wildflowers". I love it!!!! Did you find us on your own or did someone invite you? The reason I ask is because you get a prize as a new comer and if someone invited you, they get a prize too. So, if you could, pm me your address and I will get your prize sent out. And if someone did invite you please give me their name as well so I can send their prize out too. I too love this song so I am glad it inspired you to make such a beautiful creation. I do hope you will come and play again. Your card fits the song perfectly. Very well done!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by angannyView Post
Yay! ......I won!!

Dani same address is fine. Oh n I really like this weeks songs. will be working on it soon
Ok, I will get this out to you tomorrow morning. Our mail already came today. Congrats again.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2011, 05:48 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

You did a fine job in welcoming Cricket. Thank you. You also did a great job on your card. You truly are getting very good at this!!! You rock girl!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Hello Jamie!! Welcome to the song challenge. We have alot of fun here and we just try to keep one step ahead of Dani and her leashes......she like to put those on us if we start to get out of hand in here. tee hee.

I decided to start using some of the digi stamps I keep finding for free and downloading. This is one I've had for a while but have never used. I also tryied to color it in with my watercolor pencils, which I've also had for a while, but I haven't used them just too much yet cause I'm still learning how they work. I'm not totally happy with the results, but I am still learning and it will only get better with practice......right?!?!?!! Any feedback or tips on how to use them would be great is there's a watercolor pencil guru out there!

Here is my card.

Mycraftingtherapyroom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Dani, Lynn, Jamie,Yvonne,

You have all created wonderful cards for the challenge! I will be finishing mine tonight.

I spent the day exercising, doin some errands and then in the yard at my Mom's planting some flowers for her. I love flowers and digging in the dirt.

It has been a great day. I will be playing with the paper and stamps tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 02:42 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Okay everyone I finally had some time to work on my card and I finished YAY!!! here it is

DDMCC29 - Wildflower by anganny - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 05:11 AM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, y'all are making some beautiful cards. This was a great song to choose. I see y'all getting inspired in an awesome way with this song. Great job ladies. I can't wait to see what the rest of you create. Oh and Jaime, the only way you will end up on a leash is if you start running amuck with FM and Suzy. See Suzy left that part out. lol...We do have a lot of fun with each other. I am glad you joined us.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

OMD OMD Oh My Dog!!! It's bad enough I wake up to my place shaking...The board in their infinite wisdon has place a storage box (think the kind on a semi) beside me...EFFECTIVELY blocking me into my car spot! So after a kind contractor takes pity on me we finally get me to the bank. To change a $10 for 2 $5 I needed to give them my bank info!!!!!!!! I thought that computers were making us paperless!!! Not stupid!!! UUUUGGGGHHHHHH!! ***end of rant
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 02:28 AM   #18  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

OMD OMD Oh My Dog!!! It's bad enough I wake up to my place shaking...The board in their infinite wisdon has place a storage box (think the kind on a semi) beside me...EFFECTIVELY blocking me into my car spot! So after a kind contractor takes pity on me we finally get me to the bank. To change a $10 for 2 $5 I needed to give them my bank info!!!!!!!! I thought that computers were making us paperless!!! Not stupid!!! UUUUGGGGHHHHHH!! ***end of rant
Ok you lost me. Your place is shaking? What board? A contractor took you to the bank to change a ten? You needed to give who your info? I'm guessin since you are all over the place with this you are upset. Is this right?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

I live in a small condo/townhouse. Rightbeside me they dropped a big storage contatiner which shook the house. The storage contatiner effectively blocked my into my parking spot. With the contractor's help I finally managed to get out of my spot after about 6 tries. The board of directors for the condo corp are continually putting stuff in front of my parking spot effectively blocking me in. This has been going on for about 11 year. And I HATE them all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I live in a small condo/townhouse. Rightbeside me they dropped a big storage contatiner which shook the house. The storage contatiner effectively blocked my into my parking spot. With the contractor's help I finally managed to get out of my spot after about 6 tries. The board of directors for the condo corp are continually putting stuff in front of my parking spot effectively blocking me in. This has been going on for about 11 year. And I HATE them all
Ahhh that explains the being upset. I would be too. I would be complaining to someone. That's just crazy that you have to go thru all of that to get your car out.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2011, 06:45 AM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning. Wow as I started typing this week's song came on. Weird. lol....anyway...how is everyone doing? It is sunny here today so I think I will do my errands. Then hopefully I will get some stamping time in. DH is working on the pourch so I should be good to have some me time. This could change depending on what he is doing out there. The other day I thought the same thing and then he came in and said he couldn't go any furthur so he wanted to go do something together. So I should hush and get ta gettin while I can. I hope everyone has a great day.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying your day. It is very cloudy here with rain expected. It rained a lot during the night. Yesterday was beautiful, but today will be in the 50's.

I guess it will be great for stamping.

I finished my card yesterday and here it is-

Wildflower- DDMCC29 by stampmontana - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Now I am going to make my card for the Alphabet challenge this afternoon and work on some cards for swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Montana, I left love for your card. I hope everyone enjoyed their day. Montana are you getting lots of rain? Like flooding?? I know there have been so many places either putting up with floods or tornados. My prayers for those folks. Well, I did my errands, cleaned some windows, did the laundry, made meatloaf for dinner and now that I finally have time to stamp, I am tired. Man I hate when that happens. Oh well, tomorrow I am going to pay bills and watch the grandchildren once they are out of school so maybe I can get some stamping done tomorrow. We shall see. I hope everyone has a great night.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Dani,

Thanks for the comments on my card. I love purple, too, especially when making cards. My favorite color has always been blue.

We do have some flooding along the river here and in other places in our state, but I don't think it is as major as some states. In most of the areas of western Montana the snowfall during the past winter was twice the average, so there is a lot of snow to melt and flow down the rivers. The warm days are just getting started. Of course it is good to have the snow in the winter so hopefully the summer won't have a bad wildfire season.

I hope you have a good weekend and time to do some stamping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDaniView Post
Hi Montana, I left love for your card. I hope everyone enjoyed their day. Montana are you getting lots of rain? Like flooding?? I know there have been so many places either putting up with floods or tornados. My prayers for those folks. Well, I did my errands, cleaned some windows, did the laundry, made meatloaf for dinner and now that I finally have time to stamp, I am tired. Man I hate when that happens. Oh well, tomorrow I am going to pay bills and watch the grandchildren once they are out of school so maybe I can get some stamping done tomorrow. We shall see. I hope everyone has a great night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi. Sorry so late but I just uploaded my card for the challenge. This week went by so fast! I've been racing to finish everything! There hasn't been enough hours in the day!

DDMCC29 - Wildflower
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #26  
Proud Fan Club Member

Karenliz, I am just glad you made it. I love your card. All of you did an awesome job using Wildflower as inspiration. So, are you all ready to find out this week's song? Before I post it I would like to tell Montana that I am very glad she is safe. I hope the rest of you didn't suffer from floods or tornados as well. And now .... this week's song is.......you have to click HERE to find out. You will also find out who the recipient of the Wildflower cards is. Don't forget we are still having the contest to come up with a new word to call our lucky recipients. BTW y'all will freak when you see who won. My daughter pulled the name so it was fair. All I can say is "wow freaky". lol....ok go see

Reply With Quote Likes