Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 08-13-2017, 12:54 AM   #9641
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemernow View Post
We've bought plants, got the week's groceries, and set out all the plants. Then we relaxed on the front porch a bit till it got dark. Now it's bedtime. Good night, everyone.
Tita- you didn't play mad scientist today and create more masterpieces? Guess what? Now that I've done my digi card .i now found 2 that you sent me . Still missing the hula girl though Well I had to play at mad scientist and Devinci in one to make what I'm going to say is a summer card since mostly everything went home. And all I got here was leftover acrylic paint and a sharpie lol. So for tonight it's drying and tomorrow, I'm hoping it looks decent enough to call it my summer card.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 08-13-2017, 02:54 AM   #9642
Hardware Hotshot

Congratulations Sis Tootsie on completing DTGD17 and I think I got all your cards for loving too. Let me know if I missed any!!
annsforte3, Art Deco Diva and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 04:28 AM   #9643
Hardware Hotshot

Ok sis Diane your next!!!

Mahalo much sis Ann your so wonderful for the loving on some of my earlier cards and creations in my gallery! Greatly appreciated and means a lot!! Muahhhuuggzzz!,
annsforte3 and Art Deco Diva like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 04:41 AM   #9644
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Little Sis I created what I hoped would be a masterpiece and then when it was done I didn't like it. But DH was chomping at the bit to get going on errands so I hurried. Oh well. Some are not as good after they get out of our heads, eh? It sure looked better inside my thoughts.

Question. We make cards to send, as a rule. So, how many of you have a box of cards you can't bear to part with? It's kind of an oxymoron. I have so many that turned out nice that I keep in an album because I don't want to let them go. It's like having a closet full of clothes but having nothing to wear.
Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
lacyquilter, cdimick, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 06:28 AM   #9645
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Holy cow, Karen! I just finished going through the challenge thread. You must have rocked 30 favorites this last week!!!
Unread 08-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #9646
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

The perfect yard art for a retired firefighter! Btw can someone tell me where the Picture This thread is?

cdimick, annsforte3 and Art Deco Diva like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 07:38 AM   #9647
Hardware Hotshot

O my gosh lol too cute!!your firewall of fame hehe
Unread 08-13-2017, 07:40 AM   #9648
Hardware Hotshot

Omg yes can you imagine those I don't want to part with? My precious moments!! Oh wait mostly all my cards are precious moment lol how ironic? Oh and the Paris ones? They rarely ever go anywhere but my box of mine mine mine. Lol
Unread 08-13-2017, 07:45 AM   #9649
Hardware Hotshot

Btw big sis? There will be no trashing your unwanted and orphans... you have my addy send them to rehab over here in Hawaii lol I don't know why but I love lil orphans Annie's hehe
Unread 08-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #9650
Hardware Hotshot

Woohooo got sis Diane all loved up down everywhere...if I've missed any pm me and I'll be happy to go look again. Helps that you got a gorgeous gallery!!
Unread 08-13-2017, 08:32 AM   #9651
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's the picture this thread.

Picture This

Victoria, that wasn't my corn picture. I got it off the net so you could see my cutter. But my corn was even better than that!
Unread 08-13-2017, 08:33 AM   #9652
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, and I do have cards I can't part with! LOL I have a card we made at our first card class.
Unread 08-13-2017, 09:34 AM   #9653
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Victoria, you have a deal! Sometimes, though, I just tear off the good stuff and save it for another day and throw out the rest!
cdimick, Art Deco Diva and Hawaiian like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #9654
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Oh, and I do have cards I can't part with! LOL I have a card we made at our first card class.

Good Morning everyone! Kathy, I want to see that first card. Can you take a picture of it for us to see?

Vickster,,,,,,you may not have seen my question about how you did the curry chicken breasts?

Yes, some cards are like children and we don't want to give them away, lol.....

Shirl
Unread 08-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #9655
Gallery Gazer

Ooh, Vickster, how did you do the beef tomato for your dinner? I have some tomatoes I need to use up.

Shirl
annsforte3, Art Deco Diva and Hawaiian like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 10:24 AM   #9656
Proud Fan Club Member

Card question - No I do not have any favorites that I save. Weird right!!

It stems from my cake decorating! People used to ask me if it bothered me after I made such a beautiful creation that it would be, cut, torn apart, and eaten!

My answer, no! If the people enjoyed the flavor, the presentation of the cake, that is my happiness.

Same with cards, I have pictures of all my cards, they are also in SCS, if I want to see them. Also, I scan all the cards I am sent, so I always have them!!
cdimick, Art Deco Diva, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #9657
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Yes, it is still morning here for a short time yet. Yesterday I wasn't on much, busy day with a farewell for our friends moving to Texas. So sad for us! I made two cards yesterday afternoon - one for the hubby, my dessert and NCIS buddy, and one for their oldest son and his wife. I had already given a card to the wife when I went to dinner with her Thursday night. And my oldest DD made a Louboutin inspired (from the inspiration challenge site yesterday) card for the wife as she has a shoe fascination. I just uploaded my two cards and her card to my gallery.

Oh my goodness, Kathy! How are your hands today?! I can't imagine doing that much corn in one pass. Wow! One time my DH and I tried one of those mandolin slices which your corn cutter reminds me of, we both cut ourselves and decided that particular gadget was not for our kitchen!

Tomorrow the girls start school. This should be interesting, especially for the youngest as it is her first time in conventional school. I'm praying she'll enjoy it, it will definitely be an adjustment.

Kandie - that yard pic is so cute! Is that your yard?

Kathy - I agree with Shirl, please post a photo of that first card.

I have some cards that I don't want to use but not because they are too precious to part with though I do have a few of those too. SCS has been such a wonderful site for me. The positive feedback is fabulous and encouraging and the challenges help me learn new things. I think, and my family agrees, that I've improved at card making since becoming active on here. And then there are all you lovelies who are so supportive and wonderful! Thank you!

Phillippians 1:6
Unread 08-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #9658
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, praying your DD's have a good day tomorrow!! My first day of high school, I got lost!! Well they moved the class room and the posted note on the door was gone by the time I found my way to the right place!! Embarrassing!! Oh well, it takes time to get to know a place!

Anyone else have any funny experiences their first day of high school??
Art Deco Diva and Hawaiian like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #9659
Proud Fan Club Member

I've been searching high and low since Shirl asked to see that card and I cannot find it anywhere!!! The strange this is, I can't even find the picture of it I took at those early card classes! I even made a second CASE of it so I could give one away and still keep mine! It was Pumpkin Pie cardbase, had dsp at the bottom and the stamp upsy daisy on the top. Tied black gingham ribbon around where the dsp and stamped image join. I'm heartsick about it because I had wanted to keep it forever! I'm going to keep looking. Maybe I put it somewhere so I would always know where it was! LOL. I do that a lot!

Last edited by muscrat; 08-13-2017 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: grammar..I aint very goodly, now am I?
Unread 08-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #9660
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annsforte3 View Post
Catherine, praying your DD's have a good day tomorrow!! My first day of high school, I got lost!! Well they moved the class room and the posted note on the door was gone by the time I found my way to the right place!! Embarrassing!! Oh well, it takes time to get to know a place!

Anyone else have any funny experiences their first day of high school??
Not the first day experience, but early in the school year in middle school I had decided to join choir. The first time I had to stay after school for practice I spent the whole time worrying about missing my bus home later that I quit! I was a goofy girl, for sure. I always loved to sing, especially Karen Carpenter songs!
Unread 08-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #9661
Proud Fan Club Member

Nope, it's gone! Can't think of anywhere else I would put cards. I should never have left it in my stash box. Probably one of my "why am I saving everything" moments so I probably used it or put it in the box at church. I could create another as I see it perfectly in my head, but then it wouldn't be the first card I ever made...boo hoo. Oh, and I remember the ribbon was not black gingham, it was pumpkin pie with a thin white strip down the middle! That's one reason I wouldn't have mailed it to anyone because the ribbon was 1/2" gross grain and the knot made it too bulky for one stamp.
Unread 08-13-2017, 10:49 AM   #9662
Proud Fan Club Member

Sad for you, Kathy, for not finding it yet!!
Art Deco Diva, Hawaiian and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 10:59 AM   #9663
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy - my mom used to do that a lot. Tuck something away - like birthday or Christmas gifts - and then forget where she put them. I got a number of gifts from her when they sold the house I grew up in because she found them as she was clearing out the house! lol

Ann - thankfully the girls go to a small private school - too small to get lost in! My first day of high school didn't seem any different because I also went to private school and high school was in the same building as the elementary school I attended.

Unread 08-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #9664
Proud Fan Club Member

A couple of years ago DH got a Christmas present in mid January because I forgot I had put it under the bed! LOL
Unread 08-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #9665
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlb19 View Post
Good Morning everyone! Kathy, I want to see that first card. Can you take a picture of it for us to see?

Vickster,,,,,,you may not have seen my question about how you did the curry chicken breasts?

Shirl
I mixed some mayo, curry powder , squeezed a lil bit of lemon , lemon pepper which are all optional. To the mayo and curry powder them massaged the chicken tights into it . Layer foil in 2 baking pans sprayed it with a butter flavored cooking spray or you could use butter then rolled chicken in seasoned Italian breadcrumbs placed in baking pans and sprayed the top with the cooking spray to prevent chicken from drying out and still get a nice crust on top . baked at 350% covered with foil for a hour and half or till chicken done to the crisp I liked. As for the beef tomato.....brown diced up beef then add water to cover beef, crushed and minced garlic, a lil graded ginger,salt pepper lil chili pepper flakes, oyster sauce , shoyu the onions to cover beef and simmer till beef is tender then added 3 diffrent bell pepper , string beans, and the tomato cook till the begs are cooked to your liking... Mitch likes his begs a lil crunchy yet so his get pulled out earlier then what the rest of us like. You can take out anything you don't like to my recipe . But this is my version of beef tomatos pot is gone no left overs and it was a huge pot lol I'm still ono for some more.
Unread 08-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #9666
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlb19 View Post

Shirl
Opps I didn't see about the breast part. I'm guessing if your going to use breast... cooking time will be less depending on how big they are would be your cooking time but I stilll think to keep the, juicy cooking time be much less where as tight have more juices and needs more cook time . My tights were bone in but by the time they were cooks the bones came right away from the chicken and everything was still juicy tender and a nice crispy top on skin. Haha I stole Mitch's skins because it's not good for him. Probably me either but it's the best part!!
muscrat, Art Deco Diva, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #9667
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Victoria, you have a deal! Sometimes, though, I just tear off the good stuff and save it for another day and throw out the rest!
Hey sis? I'll take them half orphans too. Someone's trash is always my treasures!! Hehe. Did you see the card that I made for one of the DTGD challenge ? Since I couldn't find the digital pictures you sent me and while looking I found that gorgeous bkg umbrella and corner piece which I so loved and in yellow too. I'm going to have get me a Die like that because now those are one of the cards I'm hoardering hehe I put that together with you in heart and mind . Mahalo much for such beautiful pieces. To kick up.and I guess the words I wrote on it is with all my alpha sisters in mind who needs each other and the man up above every now and then and a reminder that things can only get better
Unread 08-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #9668
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Holy cow, Karen! I just finished going through the challenge thread. You must have rocked 30 favorites this last week!!!
W H A T? Really? I have been so busy commenting in the alphabet galleries trying to get caught up that I have not even thought about my own cards. Gosh, you totally made my day Kandie - thank you! ~Karen.

Last edited by Art Deco Diva; 08-13-2017 at 12:40 PM..
annsforte3, shirlb19 and Hawaiian like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #9669
Hardware Hotshot

Well I better go take a picture of my summer card inspired by Sweet Alana aka sis Angie's adorable 15 year old or was it 13? Which ever she is one talented sweetheart and is fast becoming our new generation Alpha girl along with sis Cathrines girls and sis Tootsie's DGD oh and mine and I'm sure there are more I've not got wind of yet. But this one I'm about to upload is inspired and was remind by Sweet Alana!! Mahalo much doll!!
Unread 08-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #9670
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

You're on, li'l Sis!

Kathy, I hope you find your card because it will now make you nuts until it's found. I do that so often, put something in a totally logical place so I'll remember, and then remember at all. I get mad at myself a lot.

I must mail out a lot of things. I didn't realize that DH noticed because I try to keep us stocked with stamps. But I had an old pasta maker I was using to flatten clay, and then I put it somewhere, and when I wanted it again I could not find it. DH says, are you sure you didn't mail it to someone? (Sigh). I said I'm pretty sure I would remember mailing something that heavy.
cdimick, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 12:10 PM   #9671
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Karen, it seemed like every card of yours I looked at for last week's Alpha Challenge had 4 or more saves, lol.
annsforte3, Art Deco Diva and shirlb19 like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #9672
Proud Fan Club Member

Pat - we just finished watching The Decoy Bride (my oldest daughter's free trial of Netflix expires today so we just got it in). It was a fun, cute movie. Thanks for the recommendation!

Unread 08-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #9673
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Karen, it seemed like every card of yours I looked at for last week's Alpha Challenge had 4 or more saves, lol.
I really appreciate you sharing this with me Kandie. I love to save cards into my favorites, but I forget that others save my cards too. Fun! ~Karen.
annsforte3, shirlb19 and Hawaiian like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 12:55 PM   #9674
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
You're on, li'l Sis!

Kathy, I hope you find your card because it will now make you nuts until it's found. I do that so often, put something in a totally logical place so I'll remember, and then remember at all. I get mad at myself a lot.

I must mail out a lot of things. I didn't realize that DH noticed because I try to keep us stocked with stamps. But I had an old pasta maker I was using to flatten clay, and then I put it somewhere, and when I wanted it again I could not find it. DH says, are you sure you didn't mail it to someone? (Sigh). I said I'm pretty sure I would remember mailing something that heavy.
Big sis I tell you big bro cracks me up. His quick on the feet isn't he? I'm thinking now maybe it was wise of you to not hear what it was he was mumbling laying under the sink!!! lol I could just imagine.
Unread 08-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #9675
Hardware Hotshot

Ok beware before entering I'm rusty..... inspired by Alana!! Alana Sweetie I'm blaming you for this one!!
Summer In Da Islands by Hawaiian - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Unread 08-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #9676
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Deco Diva View Post
I really appreciate you sharing this with me Kandie. I love to save cards into my favorites, but I forget that others save my cards too. Fun! ~Karen.
Post 60 is my list of Favorites.
Unread 08-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #9677
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdimick View Post
Pat - we just finished watching The Decoy Bride (my oldest daughter's free trial of Netflix expires today so we just got it in). It was a fun, cute movie. Thanks for the recommendation!
How was the movie Before You Me? I think it was you who watched it lol
annsforte3 and Art Deco Diva like this post.
Unread 08-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #9678
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

There are a whole lot of Alpha gals listed in the Favorites this Sunday!

FAVORITES for the week ending 8/13/17
Unread 08-13-2017, 01:27 PM   #9679
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
There are a whole lot of Alpha gals listed in the Favorites this Sunday!

FAVORITES for the week ending 8/13/17
Hehe didn't get my Happy mail yet but I'm going in for the Mahalos.. starting with you big sis!!
Unread 08-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #9680
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Since I don't want to part with most of my cards, I made several cards I can part with. Hmm. Does that even make sense!