Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 05-18-2017, 01:37 PM   #6161
Glitter Guru

You guys are going to accuse me of compulsive behavior when I say I have 200 cookbooks.

Cards request for Al:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post21294892
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
cdimick, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 01:40 PM   #6162
Glitter Guru

Next time you grill steak, do extra. Then a day or two later, slice the grilled steak thin, melt some butter in a frying pan, add chopped onion and chopped (preferably fresh) tomatoes, cook until the tomatoes start to moosh, then add the steak. Season with a little garlic salt (Use Lawry's garlic salt- seriously the best tasting garlic salt EVER!) This is holy cow good and stinkin easy.

Cards request for Al:
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #6163
Proud Fan Club Member

I am having him pick up pork steaks! They are on sale!

No dairy for me, I am very allergic to all dairy products.

But the chicken breast baked in salsa sounds yummy!! My neighbor places a whole pork tenderloin roast in the oven covered in salsa and lets it cook all day.

Going to have to get some more chicken breasts! That is usually my go to meal if the family is eating something I can not have! So I need more ways to make them then just plain grilled. Most red meats make me sick to my stomach so I always need chicken around for myself when the guys want a steak.
shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 01:44 PM   #6164
Proud Fan Club Member

For me it's lots of cake decorating/cake recipe books!!
cdimick and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 01:47 PM   #6165
Glitter Guru

If nothing is thawed, make breakfast for dinner.

I keep homemade broth in my freezer, chicken and (currently) smoky, which I made from trimmings from the last bunch of smoked meats. Thaw broth, and start throwing in things from the fridge. My guy didn't think soup was a meal when we got married. Almost (May 29th) 13 years later- he'll ask me to make soup. Yay!

I keep cooked meat in the freezer, too. DH likes a salad with way too much meat in it. (By this, I mean he takes a nice large pasta bowl, puts chicken, ham, turkey, etc. in the bowl, boiled egg, if we have them, shredded cheese, chopped tomato, onion, then sprinkles a little salad on top, and covers all with a layer of French fried onions (the green bean casserole onions?) and a squirt of (British) salad cream. I keep trying to convince him more salad, less toppings, but I'll never get him to believe that.

Cards request for Al:
Unread 05-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #6166
Glitter Guru

Pork steak, seasoned however you like it, baked on a rack (I have 2 sets- each has a round pan and a rack that fits inside). Naturally, I line the pan with foil, since HE is supposed to wash the dishes. I cook chicken wings on the same racks.

The breasts in salsa are fast- depending on how big they are, 40 minutes to an hour? And you don't get a lot easier.
Try the pounding flat thing, too, they cook almost instantly. I have a meat pounder, but you can use a lot of other things instead.

Cards request for Al:
Unread 05-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #6167
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by annsforte3 View Post
For me it's lots of cake decorating/cake recipe books!!
Many of those in my collection also.

Many, many, many baking pans. Someplace, I have a ton of pillars and stacking layers- silly, since I only ever made one wedding cake!

I have lots of top of the line stuff from a small chain of gourmet cooking stores (5 stores) we used to have in MI. I hit the annual clearance every year and bought tons of stuff. When they went out of business, I bought mega amounts of stuff, including gently used things from their demo kitchens. For a person who is not a chef, I probably have more tart pans than any one human ought to have. I love those bottoms that lift out! And stoneware!!! People rave about my chocolate chip cookies- it's just the Toll House recipe, but made in a stoneware bar pan. What a difference it makes!

Cards request for Al:
cdimick, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #6168
Proud Fan Club Member

I've decided I am going to have my DH start selling off some of my cake pans and pillars! They are taking up way to much room in the house! Will keep my round sets of pans but want to get rid of the weird shaped stuff.

You know like the tear drop pans, flower shaped, ovals, etc!! I have all those sets for cakes!! Then there is the masonite boards for underneath the cakes!! Wow, lots of those too! Have lost some over the years to people who will not return them! I always add them into the price of the cakes just in case!

I gave most all of my shaped character pans to one of my DIL's! I think she sold them off! In my beginning days of cake decorating I thought I needed those! Not the direction I went, did more wedding cakes and cheese cakes!
Unread 05-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #6169
Glitter Guru

Yup. I have one of those really huge storage totes with wheels, the size of a deck box? FULL of Wilton pans. I used to make those a lot, but not in years. I really need to weed out, sell off, clear off stuff I don't use.

(Then I can take any money I make and spend it on more craft crap!)

Cards request for Al:
cdimick, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #6170
Stazon Splitcoast

feed back please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
Okay ladies I your option thoughts on topics. My threads I posted several years Or Mouths. And wanted new Threads And topics But, my problem is I am sure what threads or topics to start anymore? I am hope to into act with more people. Dose anyone have anyone have any suggestion for me? Thanks Linda
Kemernow likes this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #6171
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodness Ann and Melody - I'd be sunk if my DH didn't like casseroles! Thankfully, he isn't picky and is happy to eat most anything I give him because I really don't like to cook. I can cook but I don't like to, I just like to eat! Once in a while I'll give him a bad time and ask him why he doesn't cook because my dad did the cooking in the house I grew up in. He liked to cook, go figure! So I'll tell my DH that they say you marry someone like my dad so why doesn't DH cook?! That said, DH is like my dad in many other good ways. He's a keeper!

Phillippians 1:6
lacyquilter, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 03:08 PM   #6172
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh and Pat - you are full of cooking ideas! I have the hardest time thinking of things to make, probably one of the reasons I don't like to cook! Last night I threw something together, a little of this, a little of that. My DH and oldest DD asked me what I was making and I told them the appetizing name of slop! lol They liked it though.

annsforte3, shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 03:45 PM   #6173
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, you're not alone. In my neuropsychological report it's mentioned as well. Not to your degree, I am so sorry to hear you struggle with it, and believe me, I didn't know or I would not have been a bit humorous about it. My daughter, the one who has the ptsd, collects pens. One entire rim of a purse is lined with possibly 30 pens, and she counts them constantly to make sure they are all there. And so, since I put my foot in my mouth accidentally, I will now leave the subject alone.

I've been reading up on alcohol ink techniques. I have a few bgs I want to try. Unfortunately I still have this throbber, and DH's efforts to talk continuously are making it worse. I didn't make it out of the house today. Verizon got a lucky break.
Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
shirlb19 likes this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 03:55 PM   #6174
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

My DH does the cooking, and since this psoriasis crud I am on such a strict meal plan. And I'm getting sick of it which is why I snuck a cookie. And paid for it. I finally convinced DH he could eat his bowls of chips and his cookies and it wouldn't bother me. So, I bought a bag of Reece's peanuts butter bits. And hid them. You know, I eat one or two and I feel better. Because they are there, I guess.
annsforte3 and shirlb19 like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 04:27 PM   #6175
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemernow View Post
Kathy, you're not alone. In my neuropsychological report it's mentioned as well. Not to your degree, I am so sorry to hear you struggle with it, and believe me, I didn't know or I would not have been a bit humorous about it. My daughter, the one who has the ptsd, collects pens. One entire rim of a purse is lined with possibly 30 pens, and she counts them constantly to make sure they are all there. And so, since I put my foot in my mouth accidentally, I will now leave the subject alone.

I've been reading up on alcohol ink techniques. I have a few bgs I want to try. Unfortunately I still have this throbber, and DH's efforts to talk continuously are making it worse. I didn't make it out of the house today. Verizon got a lucky break.
Kandie, you did not offend me at all! My son also has ocd. He is a checker. He constantly opens and close his wallet to make sure his bankcard is there after shopping. Sometimes I have to tell him I see it, its there! He locks a door, then turns the knob several times to make sure its locked. To look at us you wouldn't suspect a thing. Its a hidden in the mind thing. And I just deal with it and go on. Most days are fine!

Last edited by muscrat; 05-18-2017 at 06:23 PM..
cdimick, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 05:52 PM   #6176
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Same here, Kathy. Most days are fine.
muscrat and annsforte3 like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #6177
Proud Fan Club Member

Our differences make us who we are, and I for one appreciate all the differences in all of you! Hugs to all of you!! (ok now I am going to cry)
lacyquilter, cdimick, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #6178
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, my tablet is Verizon too, although contract is up and I dropped the plan and only use WiFi now. It is a great little tablet, but the worst tablet ever, too! Its hard to explain but I'll try. The tablet has app space and tablet space and this one came bloated with preloaded apps. All stored in app space. So my app space fills up quickly and it gets to the point where I can't continue with it because app space is full. I have tablet space, but it will not allow me to move their preloaded apps to tablet space, which has tons of space! So, every five to six months, I have to reset this to factory settings to clear out the full bloat and start over. It is a pain to factory reset because then I have to put in my YouTube subscriptions all over again, my SCS password and setup to how I like it. The tablet itself has been fun, but I will soon be looking for a new one, and possibly a bit bigger. And definitely not one on mobile plan.
Unread 05-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #6179
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl - thanks for the love on my 50 is a Blast birthday card. Oops, I think that might be the second time in recent history that I've enabled you! You're welcome....lol.

Kathy - I'm not sure what you mean by tablet space in your description about your tablet issues. My DH thought perhaps the tablet space is a memory card? Not sure though.

shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 05-18-2017, 10:56 PM   #6180
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Thanks Pat, that makes me feel better!!

Now does anyone have any ideas for dinner for tonight??

Just going through all the chatter, and of course I had to address your question Ann, although it is too late for tonight. But I think I have said it before: The best thing I make for dinner is reservations"...lol,lol.....

We actually did go out for dinner with friends tonight. A fish and chip place. But I had a piece of steamed salmon and ceasar salad.....And it was good.

Shirl
Unread 05-18-2017, 10:58 PM   #6181
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdimick View Post
Shirl - thanks for the love on my 50 is a Blast birthday card. Oops, I think that might be the second time in recent history that I've enabled you! You're welcome....lol.

Kathy - I'm not sure what you mean by tablet space in your description about your tablet issues. My DH thought perhaps the tablet space is a memory card? Not sure though.
Catherine, I can't buy them. I have way too much stuff in my shopping cart already, lol......But I did love seeing what you did for the 50 birthday card!

Shirl
cdimick likes this post.
Unread 05-19-2017, 03:36 AM   #6182
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, on your Verizon tablet, that's exactly what's happening to mine. Too many preloaded apps. All kinds of problems and only after 3 days. Sooooo, here I am, back on my old iPad, lol, and the expensive tablet is on a shelf because I'm disgusted with it!

Twenty-six degrees cooler this morning than yesterday, and we're getting the rain soon that some of you have had for two days. I walked out to get the paper and whammo a headache right above the eyes. Straight to the medicine cabinet for Benedryl. Ouch.

Okay I'm off to see what the challenges are today. But first, has anyone heard from Victoria? I haven't seen her on here for two days.
Unread 05-19-2017, 04:52 AM   #6183
Proud Fan Club Member

No I have not heard from Victoria either!

Morning everyone!! It's a Jack day so I will not be around much!! Later...
Unread 05-19-2017, 05:05 AM   #6184
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Oh and Pat - you are full of cooking ideas! I have the hardest time thinking of things to make, probably one of the reasons I don't like to cook! Last night I threw something together, a little of this, a little of that. My DH and oldest DD asked me what I was making and I told them the appetizing name of slop! lol They liked it though.
Our name for the one pot thrown together dinner is Glop- which I picked up way back in high school from my 2 friends (their mother was my mummy- she said I was her daughter from another mother).

Lucky for me, my Mr. Picky loves casseroles and glop, and soup, too.

Cards request for Al:
cdimick, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Unread 05-19-2017, 05:30 AM   #6185
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

No, tablet space is memory on the tablet itself. There is a slot for an SD card but the way its set up, I can't transfer anything from app space. If I could, I would be a happy camper. I went online to discussion forums and everyone complained about it. I've had it two-three years now. Its great up to the point of filling up quickly with bloat. I disabled a lot of the apps so they don't pull in more data to fill it up, but those apps can still be used. If I could delete or uninstall junk, it would be great, but they don't give that option.
Unread 05-19-2017, 05:31 AM   #6186
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemernow View Post
Kathy, on your Verizon tablet, that's exactly what's happening to mine. Too many preloaded apps. All kinds of problems and only after 3 days. Sooooo, here I am, back on my old iPad, lol, and the expensive tablet is on a shelf because I'm disgusted with it!

Twenty-six degrees cooler this morning than yesterday, and we're getting the rain soon that some of you have had for two days. I walked out to get the paper and whammo a headache right above the eyes. Straight to the medicine cabinet for Benedryl. Ouch.

Okay I'm off to see what the challenges are today. But first, has anyone heard from Victoria? I haven't seen her on here for two days.
I got a lovely belated birthday card and Hawaiian calendar from her this week! My friend stopped by and was admiring the card she had sent!
cdimick, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Unread 05-19-2017, 07:28 AM   #6187
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!

Kathy - so you can't delete any of the pre-loaded apps either? Can you tell I don't use tablets? We have a couple of them but I don't use either one. I'm sure they can be wonderful to use but, when I have a laptop or Macbook at my disposal, why not simply use the bigger screen?

Kandie - boo to the headache! Is it due to the weather you think?

Shirl - that's OK, I'm helping you build your next order! lol As for making reservations for dinner, I like that! Although there was a time that I actually got tired of eating in restaurants. I didn't know that could happen! When DH and I moved to Southern California, his employer housed us at a hotel for the first month while we looked for a place to live and they gave us an eating allowance. We actually got tired of eating out during that month and, towards the end of the month, we were buying things we could eat at the grocery store!

I'm thankful it is Friday! Today is my day off. Actually, I just switch to unpaid work at home...thankful not to head off to work though! However, we have friends coming over for lunch tomorrow so I have to menu plan and cook....maybe I'll get some card making in. I made 10 of the 12 needed cards last night for thank you cards to my DD's teachers and the staff at her school. The other two cards are going to be different, a little more special because, sadly, they are for two people who are retiring. She is sad to see them go.

Unread 05-19-2017, 09:09 AM   #6188
Stazon Splitcoast

hello everyone
I see dead here too. It looks pour drown rain any second here. We are suppose get bad storms but enough yet! I hope it stay that way. Even tho we need the rain!
Unread 05-19-2017, 10:20 AM   #6189
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, no I can't delete or uninstall any of the preloaded apps. If I download any apps on my own, I could remove those. But t cannot uninstall the ones they've preinstalled. If you Google ellipsis 7 for android, you might find all the forum complaints. I would have thought that any newer tablets they would have fixed that by now. Like I said, I think mine is three years old.
Unread 05-19-2017, 11:24 AM   #6190
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy I think that is crazy that you can't uninstall any of the preloaded apps. New computers come with a lot of extra stuff on them too which is why my nephew and brother built their own computer the last time they got a new one. Then it wasn't slowed down by any extra stuff they didn't want on there!

muscrat, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Unread 05-19-2017, 12:38 PM   #6191
Proud Fan Club Member

It looks like you can remove the apps on your device. Search: uninstall the preloaded apps on your verizon tablet using root

Or search "getting rid of bloatware"

I did see one tutorial on uninstalling without using root too!
Unread 05-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #6192
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello I'm back and with a new iPad instead of the Samsung Note I had this morning. I went to Verizon with my list of complaints and they fixated on one item and told me over and over other ways to do it until I held up my hand and told them they were giving me a headache. I said you're not LISTENING, that's only ONE of the things wrong. Long story short, turns out I'm the first person to buy one, even the techs haven't tried the Samsung yet, so they didn't have a clue on how to fix the problem. I now have an iPad which is what I wanted in the first place but they SAID they didn't have any in stock. Par for the course.

It is so very cold and raining here. A/C on last night, and heat on tonight. Is there any doubt why people are sick or have headaches. Sheesh.
lacyquilter, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Unread 05-19-2017, 03:12 PM   #6193
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay Kandie! I'm glad you got what you wanted. It is unfortunate that they don't just do the right thing to begin with. That said, perhaps they got a shipment of iPads in the interim between when you got the Samsung and today. At any rate, glad you have what you wanted!

It is in the 80s here today and headed to the 90s early next week...

Unread 05-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #6194
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I want to come to California!!!
annsforte3 and shirlb19 like this post.
Unread 05-19-2017, 03:27 PM   #6195
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
It looks like you can remove the apps on your device. Search: uninstall the preloaded apps on your verizon tablet using root

Or search "getting rid of bloatware"

I did see one tutorial on uninstalling without using root too!
Yes, but in order to do it you have to download an app or two and there is no room to do that because of all the preloaded junk! Its a vicious cycle!
Unread 05-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #6196
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

This new tablet still makes the same spelling errors.....
cdimick, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Unread 05-19-2017, 04:14 PM   #6197
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie - come on out, we have a fifth bedroom with its own bathroom. You just have to share the room with some boxes...

muscrat, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Unread 05-19-2017, 04:39 PM   #6198
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm in the process of deciding when we should go out to California, our number 4 son is in San Francisco!!

Still trying to decide when the best weather is for that area!
Unread 05-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #6199
Proud Fan Club Member

Hmmm, I'm not much help with San Francisco weather it is so different from ours further inland! On the very rare occasions when we head that direction in San Francisco in the summer, it is hard to remember to take something warm because it is always SOOOO hot here in the summer but not usually hot there.

Unread 05-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #6200
Proud Fan Club Member

Haribo has another cute commercial!

smadson, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.