Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #3561
Watercolor Wizard

Ok I finally spend time in here and I am all alone....waaaaaaa......j/k. Well ladies the points and all have been posted please please please let me know if I need to make any corrections. Thanks ladies. I also found out that while I am out here during my 4 to 6 shift I do not have to spend that whole time moding....I can pop in here and chat a bit and whatnot so Yay to that. Anyways ladies....since I am here all alone I am going to pop off for a bit and get some cleaning done. Does anyone have anything they would like me to tell Lynn for them, other than miss you, get well, your in our prayers? I already said that for all of us. Well, I shall see you later. Big hugggsssssss!!!!

SCS Gallery Moderator & Proud Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #3562
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by marney View Post
It is fun to see what everyone comes up with but I think for you to be able to keep track of what is happening, it would be difficult to have everyone come up with whatever.... ( as much as it all makes me smile). . I know that you spend a lot of time on our behalf and it is appreciated and allows us to have all this chatter etc. so whatever is easier for you is fine with me...... you da boss!!! and I love it!!!!
nooo I want y'all to be da boss. that's why I am putting this out there to y'all. I want to make sure I am doing what y'all want so we can have fun. And we do have fun don't we??? Ya know I think I need to start throwing some dares out here. Hmmmm who should go first?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #3563
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DellsDani View Post
Ok ladies...I have caught up on all the chatter and wrote down points and items. I have a few questions and a few statements. First, thank you soooo much for listing your "F" items. I cannot tell you how much easier this is on me. In fact, because I know it's an inconvience for y'all those of you that listed your "F" items will get 1 pt for listing your items. Which by the way is everyone that made a card. This will continue until the end of the round. So don't forget to list your items. Ok now I will ask the questions first;
1. I need to know if the following people cas'd their cards so that I can give them the 5 pts if they did? Diane? Yvonne? Kathy? Ladies did you cas your cards?

Ok, well I guess that was the only question. Now I have a couple of statements. 1. I want to be fair to everyone and some people feel some of the things people are getting points for do not "qualify" as Items. Because of this I want a vote on if you think the following should be allowed to earn y'all points. Be honest because the majority wins, ok? Using "F" as an example;
1. The Item being a stick. Should you get points for "Four" sticks?
2. Should you get a point because your card was made on a "Friday".
3. If there are any other things you think should or should not be allowed to earn points please let me know.

Now please understand it does not matter to me either way...this challenge belongs to y'all so I want you to say what can or can not happen. It's all about the fun and I don't want to stand in the way of that so y'all tell me what you think. I know I get in silly moods and hand out points for silly reasons because of this should I just go by the list that the person posts and not question it? Be honest ok? (Remember ladies this is on the honor system; I am honored that you come and participate in the Alphabet Challenge each week. Thank you so much ladies.)
Dani - To answer your questions: No, I did not CASE a card. I "forgot" about that part. Sorry.

At least for my cards, you can disqualify anything I list for my cards. It's "fine" with me. I think you have the decision. You can take the "made on a Friday" off. I thought it was cute and a bit of a stretch on that one. Not a problem. As "far" as judging "four sticks", if the person tried to use the number because it starts with the letter, then it might qualify. In my card, I tried to use "four blocks" and someone else pointed out that I used "four colors". You might not want to give points for "four" blocks AND "four" colors. I did create with "Fall" colors for Letter F. I'm "fine" with whatever you "figure" out. You are the judge in my opinion. If someone doesn't agree, they can appeal to the court.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it's not clear.
I John 4:11
Old 10-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #3564
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is my first F card:

Alpha - For You by Cards are me - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

F - frame
- Faux Mother of Pearl
- Flowers
- French Filigree stamp
- 4 little pink gems
- for you

cased a card

10 points

Last edited by Cards are me; 10-06-2012 at 07:17 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #3565
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is card No 2

Alpha F - Fir tree by Cards are me - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

F -Fir tree
-fence
- used 4 blues
- frosty air - shimmer paint
- faded trees in background
cased a card

9 points

Last edited by Cards are me; 10-06-2012 at 07:17 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #3566
Hardware Hotshot

I did not CASE a card for mine. I'm fine with whatever the decision is as well. If having 5 leaves doesn't qualify then I'm fine with that. I'm not playing along to upset anyone with what I count. So I'm good with no points actually cause at the end of the day I'm playing along cause it's fun, not cause I get points. Have a fantastic day everyone and I'm loving all the 'F' cards so far!!!

Mycraftingtherapyroom
Old 10-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #3567
Hardware Hotshot

I forgot to case a card too and as Yvonne says points are not the point for me either.. just fun trying to find as many as I can... all is good...
Am home and sitting here trying to figure out what I should work at first....A beautiful day here and should likely be outside enjoying it...I have My 6 Christmas Cards to do, My coasters to finish and I want to make about 2 more little mixed media books....Have the covers done just have to do up the pages and can decorate them any time......Why I started all these at once I have no idea.......
Old 10-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #3568
Proud Fan Club Member

I am with you ladies, it is just fun to see how many items can be put on a card, points are not my concern. If you want to count that you only used four fingers to make the card that fine with me.

The sun is shining here and it has warmed up some. I looked out my front window and thought should I be raking leaves? It was just a thought!!!!!!

Last edited by Cards are me; 10-06-2012 at 07:18 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #3569
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Donnaml

Meeeee tooooooo What if.......I put my card down on the floor and stomp on it with my foot? Can I use 1 "f"oot and "f"ive toes??????? Just kidding, the points don't mean anything to me, I just like trying to do the challenge, and it's fun watching people try and outdo the next person. LOLOLOL
Old 10-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #3570
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to laurenscraft

Dani my opinion on the cards with the letter....

I believe that items on the card cound

I believe that items not on the card do not

eg, four sticks yes

because they are on the cards and we might as well make this fun
Quote:
Ok ladies...I have caught up on all the chatter and wrote down points and items. I have a few questions and a few statements. First, thank you soooo much for listing your "F" items. I cannot tell you how much easier this is on me. In fact, because I know it's an inconvience for y'all those of you that listed your "F" items will get 1 pt for listing your items. Which by the way is everyone that made a card. This will continue until the end of the round. So don't forget to list your items. Ok now I will ask the questions first;
1. I need to know if the following people cas'd their cards so that I can give them the 5 pts if they did? Diane? Yvonne? Kathy? Ladies did you cas your cards?

Ok, well I guess that was the only question. Now I have a couple of statements. 1. I want to be fair to everyone and some people feel some of the things people are getting points for do not "qualify" as Items. Because of this I want a vote on if you think the following should be allowed to earn y'all points. Be honest because the majority wins, ok? Using "F" as an example;
1. The Item being a stick. Should you get points for "Four" sticks?
2. Should you get a point because your card was made on a "Friday".
3. If there are any other things you think should or should not be allowed to earn points please let me know.

Now please understand it does not matter to me either way...this challenge belongs to y'all so I want you to say what can or can not happen. It's all about the fun and I don't want to stand in the way of that so y'all tell me what you think. I know I get in silly moods and hand out points for silly reasons because of this should I just go by the list that the person posts and not question it? Be honest ok? (Remember ladies this is on the honor system; I am honored that you come and participate in the Alphabet Challenge each week. Thank you so much ladies.)

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 10-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #3571
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCinkit View Post
Chris,

You were in my home state!!!
My BIL and SIL are retired from the ministry, but they had a church in your town! DH and I moved them from there to NJ in the mid 70's.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #3572
Proud Fan Club Member

Rats! No, I didn't case, but wish I had cause I could use some extra points! Any word from Lynn?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #3573
Hardware Hotshot

I packed up all my crafting stuff and brought it to the cabin to play with.....and now my mojo has taken a holiday.....what's up with that??!! Ugh.....lol

Mycraftingtherapyroom
Old 10-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #3574
Hardware Hotshot

Yvonne lol Just enjoy the week end..... the mojo will return......lol
Old 10-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #3575
Hardware Hotshot

Kathy, I cased, you can have my points if you want Ooooppppssss, is that allowed?
Ok, you can have 10 of my points. LOLOLOL
Old 10-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #3576
Hardware Hotshot

Dani, sooooooooo..........

Kathy....+10 points
Donna...-10 points

Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #3577
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello, is any one out there? It must be date night!!!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #3578
Hardware Hotshot

lol.....I don't remember when the last time was DH and I had a date night.....yikes!!!

Mycraftingtherapyroom
Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #3579
Gabfest Goddess

not date night for me, it is Skype a crafting friend night and I have been online with Lisa for about 6 hours now, love her showing me how to do things....

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #3580
Proud Fan Club Member

Yvonne, I was just reading your blog and checking out Scrap' with flair. Very interesting.

What are you up to tonight? I am watching the Calgary Stampeders and B.C. Lions football game. My team is losing, Stampeders. Oh well, maybe they can make a come back and win. LOL!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #3581
Proud Fan Club Member

Sounds like fun, Lauren, 6 hours, that is a long time bet it did not seem that long. What did you craft.

You did have a date night - a craft date night with your friend.

Last edited by Cards are me; 10-06-2012 at 08:54 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #3582
Gabfest Goddess

Yvonne, did some decorating of the eggshell embellishment pieces I am making, another shaving cream card, the base of a fan card, most of my things took long time and did not really finish anything at all... Lisa on the other hand thrives on Skype/craft time and made several cards, a lovely postcard one that I asked her to blog, cos it is gorgeous!!!
I love craft skype time now that I am used to it, and no longer haveto watch the other person so much.... or give 100% attention to them eye contact and all... Lisa and I seem to be on the save channel with this...

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 10-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #3583
Proud Fan Club Member

WOW! Lauren, that is alot, will you get to finish all those projects? How long have you been craft skyping?

Well, the game is over and my team lost. Maybe next week.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #3584
Gabfest Goddess

I will finish them eventually, I usually have a couple of projects on the go at once, because of drying/setting time.

I have a project to blog tonight and the fan card is for the alpha challenge.... F... tee hee

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #3585
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Susan.....I love that you were checking out my blog!! I hope you found some inspiration there.

Oh Lauren.....sooooo jealous!!! I love Skype crafting!! I'll bet you and Lisa had a fantastic time! Can't wait to see what you came up with! I still haven't used any eggs to even try that technique....lol. It looks beautiful though!

I feel like I need to make a card......just can't decide on what kind....lol

Mycraftingtherapyroom
Old 10-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #3586
Hardware Hotshot

I have more eggshells soaking I am going to make something with them, I would like to make some kind of jewelry with them. Any sites anybody know of?

Ok, off to bed, take care everyone and maybe talk to you tomorow.

Oh by the way, I did make my grandsons Bday card
Old 10-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #3587
Hardware Hotshot

Good night Donna!!!

Mycraftingtherapyroom
Old 10-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #3588
Watercolor Wizard

Hello ladies...how is everyone today? It is 4:30 a.m. and I can't think of anything to do other than to come out here and state my piece on the points thing. Some of you asked if someone complained...yes someone did. I am not giving names tho. However, as I told some of you already...I made this game up so that we could have fun with one another and hopefully motivate each other to be creative. Therefore, since this whole thing is based on the honor's system I am going to honor whatever you put on your list. Diane - I laughed my butt off when I seen that you listed Made on a Friday. And to me just the fact that you made me laugh gets you a point I feel therefore I am counting it. In fact, if I feel like giving points because you said a certain word I am giving you points. Because y'all are right...it's not about the points. Oh sure y'all are working toward the same goal...to be the one who wins the prize. But I think y'all are honest enough to keep it "fair". So...if you have a problem with me giving points for a card made on Friday then I say pm me and we can discuss it. Now...who would like to earn some eazy points today??? Oh wait before I do that....some of you said you did not case a card and apologized...don't apologize...it's not mandatory. K? Ok....now who would like to earn some extra easy points today? If you log in today and read this...you will know that every time you give someone a hug like this (((((Lynn))))) then you will earn a point for you and for the person you hugged. Now someone asked me if I heard from Lynn. No I haven't. I texted her again but she lost her nationwide plan so texting me costs her dearly. But I think I am going to call her later today. I believe she has free incoming. I'll ask her right off the bat and if she doesn't then I will send her the money for the call. I will let y'all know how she is doing. Ok...I will shut up now. I am sorry it just erks me that someone takes this all so seriously. Oh and someone if you read this and get upset please keep it to yourself. It's all about the fun. So please just have fun, ok????!!!! Love ya's!!! Oh wait one more thing someone asked if they could give their points away. Well I would much rather you make it fun and have the person earn them in some way, however, they are your points you may do with them what you want. K? Does anyone disagree with that? Ok now I am shuttin up. Huggs to y'all. No that doesn't count for points cuz A. I didn't use the ()'s and B. I didn't put a name in the ()'s.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #3589
Watercolor Wizard

And because I am feeling so generous (sp): I am going to throw this Dare out here:

ANYONE that makes a FANCY card showing something FRENCH on it, will receive 3 points.

Does anyone accept this dare?

Last edited by DellsDani; 10-07-2012 at 02:56 AM.. Reason: adding information
Old 10-07-2012, 05:37 AM   #3590
Hardware Hotshot

((((Dani))))
((((Kathy))))
((((Lynn))))
((((Lauren))))
((((Yvonne))))
((((Lisa))))
((((Diane))))
((((Susan))))
((((Marion))))
((((Bev))))
Well, that's a start. I think I gave all my points away. Sooooo, I need more to build up so I can give more away
((((Hugs to all my lovely ladies))))

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO I love this game. Dani, I would accept your dare, but I have my GS Bday party today and I have to make the cupcakes and wrap prezzies and such. and then tomorrow I start babysitting again all week. So I don't know If I would have time. Besides, I don't think I own anything Frencie like!!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #3591
Watercolor Wizard

Way to go Donna. Way to earn those points. What do you mean you gave almost all of yours away? I only seen where you gave 10, I believe it was, away. Did I miss something? Can you do me a favor and look at the wall of fame and let me know if I missed anything that you did? Thank you. Now I am going to go try to lay down. I will post your points once I get up. Oh and Donna (((((Donna))))) back atach!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #3592
Hardware Hotshot

Dani, I gave Lynn 5 of my points for a dare card instead of sending her a card
Old 10-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #3593
Hardware Hotshot

((((Vickie))))
((((Joan))))
((((Chris))))

Old 10-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #3594
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
And because I am feeling so generous (sp): I am going to throw this Dare out here:

ANYONE that makes a FANCY card showing something FRENCH on it, will receive 3 points.

Does anyone accept this dare?
Does this count if it is something written in French??
Old 10-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #3595
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, I would like to give (((to all my alphafriends)))

Dani you sure know how to give a challenge, a fancy card. This will be tough for me but I am working on it.

Now, for some good news, my Fir tree card is in the favorites for the week, what a surprise and I am honored. Thanks to you ladies and this Alpha Challenge.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #3596
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Well, since you haven't answered my question, I'll take it that I can write something in French!!

SO - I accept your dare!!!

Last edited by JanetJ; 10-07-2012 at 08:02 AM..
Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #3597
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnaml View Post
((((Dani))))
((((Kathy))))
((((Lynn))))
((((Lauren))))
((((Yvonne))))
((((Lisa))))
((((Diane))))
((((Susan))))
((((Marion))))
((((Bev))))
Well, that's a start. I think I gave all my points away. Sooooo, I need more to build up so I can give more away
((((Hugs to all my lovely ladies))))

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO I love this game. Dani, I would accept your dare, but I have my GS Bday party today and I have to make the cupcakes and wrap prezzies and such. and then tomorrow I start babysitting again all week. So I don't know If I would have time. Besides, I don't think I own anything Frencie like!!!!

YOU FORGOT ME ON THE LIST!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #3598
Proud Fan Club Member

Dani, I wouldn't worry. Do things the way you like! We tease a lot about points on here, but to be honest, I don't even know how many I have because it is just fun doing the challenges and chatting with all my alphfriends!! LOVE YA Girl....

Now, I am missing Lynn sooooo much. Her birthday is on Tuesday. How are we supposed to have an online birthday party if her internet is down???? They had better hop to it and get her up and running again soon.

Oh, I see Donna gave me 10 of her points! SMILE SMILE SMILE! Thank you Donna. I was really getting behind there. And I love how everyone is able to find so many things on their cards to represent the letter they need. I am not as good, but have had people point out more in my gallery!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #3599
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Ladies, I am texting with Lynn...she will not have internet until Wed. At least she is hoping to get it back Wed. She also has the flu right now.
Oh that stinks!!! Her birthday is Tuesday!!! How can we have and online party if she isn't online??? WWWAAAAAAA! I hope she got my package by now. Next time you text her, tell I hope she is feeling better and Happy Birthday and I miss her sooooooo much!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #3600
Hardware Hotshot

Sorry ((((Janet))))) I just noticed that myself!

Way to go Susan on being favorite of the week.

Kathy, you are soooooo welcome You can have my points any time you want

If you can write in French, then YES it should count, I said so Bon Jour (sp) is that French???? Don't know what it mean tho. Maybe I could make a french card. LOLOLOL
Closed Thread