Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #2801
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Started to say good morning, but I see it is afternoon now, and here I sit still in my PJs! Aww, the joys of retirement!

I finished making 12 favors for tomorrow's crop, pulled out some paper, ribbon, and cardstock to create a purple Christmas card (for another challenge but I'm gonna make it work for this challenge too)

Dani, I also got the database error when trying to get on SCS earlier today. Seems to be okay now. Sorry that you lost your excel spreadsheet because MS didn't provide all the details...grrr! When I was a workin' woman, we had an inservice on some free internet based programs that are very comparable to Office; I'll see if I can find a link and send to you. Google docs comes to mind, but I'll try to find.

Guess I need to get my stuff pulled together for tomorrow's crop, finish getting dressed and get out of the house for a few minutes, even if it is to go to PO!

Hope everyone has a fabulous, fun, frilly Friday!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #2802

If interested, just do a search for google docs and the link will come up. It is a tried and true free internet based program. I have not used it, but was in an inservice that provided the information indicating that schools and individuals might want to check it out and use it because it's free and has the same capabilities as MS Office Suite.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #2803
Glitter Guru

Hi everyone,

I didn't have time to get on here yesterday, but I see you all had a lot of fun, especially with the music!!

I think I am almost ready to post my C card and my C (caramel) challenge card.

I need to check out the C cards that have already been created.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #2804
Watercolor Wizard

Hello again. Yall can ignore my panic post about the Excel Spreadsheet. Thanks to Diane being a smart alphachic she talked with me and I came to the smart decision that I should just purchase the program. My dh sends me stuff from 2010 so I will need it for that as well as I am writing a book and I would like to continue with that. However, from now on I WILL save everything to a memory stick. Thank you Diane for all of your help. Ok...I am going to go check out the chatter and cards and give out points up until the time that I have to log off to go to the counselor. Y'all have a great day!!! Bigg Huggs!!!!!

SCS Gallery Moderator & Proud Fan Club Member
Old 09-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #2805
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Hello everyone!!

I disappeared - I was having those Data problems with SCS also! I couldn't pull up SCS, so I just shut off the computer, and went out to do some things. Seems to be working now.....

Dani - sometimes you can get those memory sticks on sale @ Office Depot and sometimes @ Office Max.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #2806
Stazon Splitcoast

Dani...the least expensive for you is home and student version...you can buy it online and download direct from Microsoft!!!!

Campin in the Forest

YCDI3
Move More Eat Well JumpStart
Old 09-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #2807
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMcrafter View Post
Dani...the least expensive for you is home and student version...you can buy it online and download direct from Microsoft!!!!
You can also go to Walmart or some other store and buy a card that has a number on it and you just use that number when you try to open Office...It's a little cheaper than buying the CD version. And Lynn is right. You really only need the student version. It has Word Excel Powerpoint and OneNote....

Lynn, sending a couple of hugs early!! So glad you've decided to celebrate this year!!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #2808
Watercolor Wizard

Lynn and Kathy, thank you for your info about Office. I had my dd check the price of a product key number when she went to Walmart and with her discount (she works there) it is 97.00. This is for the student version. I called the company that made my computer and I can get it from them for $89. So...that is the route that I am going to take. I know someone told me to go on ebay and purchase a product key number. He said people that have extra downloads left sell them but I don't think that is legal.. Does anyone know if it is? Because there is one on there for next to nothing but I don't want to get in trouble. Thanks again.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #2809
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DellsDani View Post
Lynn and Kathy, thank you for your info about Office. I had my dd check the price of a product key number when she went to Walmart and with her discount (she works there) it is 97.00. This is for the student version. I called the company that made my computer and I can get it from them for $89. So...that is the route that I am going to take. I know someone told me to go on ebay and purchase a product key number. He said people that have extra downloads left sell them but I don't think that is legal.. Does anyone know if it is? Because there is one on there for next to nothing but I don't want to get in trouble. Thanks again.
I would NOT go that route Dani. Some office programs allow you to load on three computers, but I believe it is three in your household, not one and sell two. Just to stay safe, I would go the way you planned.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #2810
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I would NOT go that route Dani. Some office programs allow you to load on three computers, but I believe it is three in your household, not one and sell two. Just to stay safe, I would go the way you planned.
I have to agree with you. You know what they say "Go with your gut instinct." My gut is telling me to go through the computer company. They said since I purchased one of their computers they can give me a discount on the program. Thanks.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #2811
Watercolor Wizard

Ok AlphaChallengers....please take a look at the Wall of Fame and make sure I gave correct points. Remember for those of you that have accepted dares but haven't posted cards yet, your points will show once the card has been posted. Also.....are ya all gonna let Vickie walk away with 16 pts for the letter C??? That is correct she has earned 16 pts so far for one letter. Oooh she is gonna make y'all work to beat her.

I have also noticed that there are 2 people that haven't been dared yet sooooo.......JEANETTE I DARE YOU TO MAKE A CARD WITH A CARRIAGE ON IT. & DIANE I DARE YOU TO MAKE A CARD WITH A CHILD ON IT. If you complete these dares instead of me sending out a card I will give you 2 extra pts. Therefore you would earn 5 pts total. 3 for completing the dare and 2 from me instead of a card. DO YOU ACCEPT MY DARES LADIES? ??????

Old 09-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #2812
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
You can also go to Walmart or some other store and buy a card that has a number on it and you just use that number when you try to open Office...It's a little cheaper than buying the CD version. And Lynn is right. You really only need the student version. It has Word Excel Powerpoint and OneNote....
Dani-When I went to buy a legit compy of MS Office (I also just had a trial version) the guy at Staples said the downloadable version can only be downloaded a few times, but the hard copy (CD) could be re-installed as many times as we needed. Since we have had to reset our PC back to its factory setting 3 times already, I felt better buying the CD. Make sure you get your money's worth!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #2813
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Donnaml

Karen, do you lose everything when you take it back to factory settings. I have wondered about that??
Old 09-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #2814
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Campbell View Post
Dani-When I went to buy a legit compy of MS Office (I also just had a trial version) the guy at Staples said the downloadable version can only be downloaded a few times, but the hard copy (CD) could be re-installed as many times as we needed. Since we have had to reset our PC back to its factory setting 3 times already, I felt better buying the CD. Make sure you get your money's worth!
Hi Karen, thank you for that info. However, I do not have a cd drive. I have a netbook, therefore I can only download stuff from the internet. That is why I called the computer company. If I purchase it thru them, they will download it for me and give me a number to use should I ever have to reinstall it and it can be reinstalled on this computer as many times as I need to install it (which hopefully is only this one time..lol). I will be allowed to install it on 3 other computers in my home as well. By the way....could you please pm me your address? I owe you a card for a dare. I can't remember which dare at the moment but I think it might have been from the letter M.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #2815
Watercolor Wizard

Well ladies, I am outta here for now. I need to go get ready for my appt this afternoon. I am planning on spending the evening adding up points and showing them on the Wall of Fame. However, we all know what happens when I make plans. Something else ALWAYS gets in the way. So....I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get my way this evening. lol....Well ladies have a great day and thank you for all of your help with my Excel problem. Uggg....Hopefully I won't have to deal with that again. Huggs!!!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #2816
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Hi Karen, thank you for that info. However, I do not have a cd drive. I have a netbook, therefore I can only download stuff from the internet. That is why I called the computer company. If I purchase it thru them, they will download it for me and give me a number to use should I ever have to reinstall it and it can be reinstalled on this computer as many times as I need to install it (which hopefully is only this one time..lol).
That's good then!

Quote:
By the way....could you please pm me your address? I owe you a card for a dare. I can't remember which dare at the moment but I think it might have been from the letter M.
Absolutely! I'm very excited to get a Dani card!!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #2817
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnaml View Post
Karen, do you lose everything when you take it back to factory settings. I have wondered about that??
Yes, EV-ER-Y-THING! Pictures, updates, anything that has changed on the computer since it was made... It's baaaaaad when you have to do that... We now have perm docs burned to CDs and pics saved to 3 different flash drives (and it's easier for me to take them to get developed)
Old 09-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #2818
Glitter Guru

After a few delays, here is my card for C.

Coffee Time card
Old 09-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #2819
Glitter Guru

Ok, Donna, here is my card for the dare to make a card with a caramel on it.

I know this may be stretching it.

Caramel dare card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnaml View Post
Thanks Lynn for the Ott light suggestions.

Ohhhhhh Miss Vickie is in the naughty corner!! THAT has NEVER happened to her before

I just have one question for Lauren, since you dared us both at the same time......do we send each other our cards?????? I am confused on this one

OK.......I dare Stampmontana to make a card with a Caramel on it. Do you accept my dare?
Old 09-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #2820
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen you are right!!! Living in a house ruled by Murphy's law I always make a backup. So for my birthday one year I got an external hard drive that connects like a flash drive...so that is my primary backup but I have also burned to a CD and store it in my safety deposit box. So Dani learn from our mistakes and make backups of all important stuff

Campin in the Forest

YCDI3
Old 09-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #2821
Stazon Splitcoast

In oh oh look at the cards!!! I wanna cuppa and chocolates!!! Ooppss caramels too yyyuuummmyyy

Campin in the Forest

YCDI3
Old 09-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #2822

Yet another C card (love this letter!)

Christmas Snow

C = Christmas in sentiment; snowman holding Christmas tree.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #2823
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't forget coppice markers and coniferous tree!!!

Campin in the Forest

YCDI3
Old 09-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #2824
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

OK Vickie - here is my card for your challenge. I'll add to it before I send it to you - it'll look better.
I used DP that had circus print, & then used some DP with tickets on it. Looks like an old poster for a circus.

Circus CLOWN by JanetJ - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #2825
Stazon Splitcoast

You are right looks exactly like an old circus poster!! Great job!!!

Campin in the Forest

YCDI3
Old 09-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #2826
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Yet another C card (love this letter!)

Christmas Snow

C = Christmas in sentiment; snowman holding Christmas tree.

Don't forget: circle, crystals, copics

Very cute & creative card!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #2827
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

DIANE I DARE YOU TO MAKE A CARD WITH A CHILD ON
Yes, Dani. I accept your dare to make a card with a child on it.

Coming soon to a challenge near you!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #2828
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Donnaml

I think I need to start looking in the sewing dept of stores for some of the cute buttons Vickie uses. Love all the cards Ladies, very creative. Hope I didn't miss anyones. Left love on the ones I saw
Old 09-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #2829
Watercolor Wizard

Hello ladies. You will be happy to know that I did manage to add up the points thru the letter Z. I would be further by now however, I started getting that error message from SCS about the database error so I had to shut it down. I am hoping to get it done now. Hopefully I can stay awake and finish. Wish me luck. lol...huggs

Old 09-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #2830
Watercolor Wizard

Ok AlphaChickies, all points have been added up. These points do NOT include the points you are earning for this week's letter "C". I will add the points you earn this week to the points below and post them when I post the next letter. If you go thru and find that I made a mistake on your points please let me know. If you are wondering why Muscrat has so many points it is because she was a Hostess for a full week. She was able to earn points by handing out dares. So ladies...if you'd like to hostess a full week please pm me. This means you will do everything; keep track of points, keep track of items used on the cards, keep the chatting going, and make sure those dares are getting out from everyone not just you. It's not as horrible as it sounds, right Kathy? Well ladies...I am now going to try to sleep because it is now 2:00 a.m. I am hoping to get at least 4 hrs tonight. I did last night....4 hrs straight can you believe that???? I was so excited when I woke up. I never get more then 2 hrs straight without waking up. So...y'all have a great evening or morning depending on where you are at. Bigg Huggs.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #2831
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to laurenscraft

Here is my C card....

How many C goodies can I have Dani???? There is a list....

Cherish Birthday!!!

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 09-22-2012, 05:12 AM   #2832
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenscraft View Post
Here is my C card....

How many C goodies can I have Dani???? There is a list....

Cherish Birthday!!!
Good morning Lauren, omgoodness you did a GREAT job with the letter "C". Because you have 13 items on your card...you will receive 12 points for Extra Items and another 5 points because who can think of an additional 12 items that start with the same letter and put it onto one card??? Lauren can!!!! So you will be getting 17 pts total. Awesome card by the way!!! I am going to go leave some love right now.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #2833
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning my AlhpaCrazieChicks, how are y'all on this fine morning? I slept a total of 5 hrs straight!!!!! 5, can you believe it??? I am sooo happy. I feel so good. I hope everyone is up this morning because I feel like just giving points away. In fact, Lauren; I don't know if you read the love I left on your card. However, I told you if you can think of a word for Gorgeous that starts with the letter C I will give you extra points. And I don't want the word "cute" cuz gorgeous is so much more than cute. Well ladies, I have to make a wedding shower card today since I have a wedding shower to go to this afternoon. Nothing like waiting until the last minute huh? lol.....However, I will be on for a while this morning. I do hope y'all slept well. Huggs!!!! Oh if anyone is wondering about the points I gave to Rosiebudstamp.....well Diane gave points for being sweet so...... Love yas!!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 05:29 AM   #2834
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry ladies having a rough day here

Campin in the Forest

YCDI3
Old 09-22-2012, 05:41 AM   #2835
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Now how are you supposed to help me today if you are having a rough day. Sending sand paper to smooth out your day!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #2836
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I am sorry you are having a rough day. I am going to give you 3 pts since I can't give you a hug. 1 for H 1 for U and 1 for G. Oh wait, I ALWAYS spell HUG .... HUGG don't I? So I have to give you 4 pts. I do hope you start having a better day. Gentle Huggs.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #2837
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Now how are you supposed to help me today if you are having a rough day. Sending sand paper to smooth out your day!
I am giving you 3 extra points for sending Lynn some sand paper to help smooth her rough day.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #2838
Watercolor Wizard

Ladies, I will return in a few. My friend Dawn has an extra product key for her Office so we are going to see if it still has a download left on it. Since she is living here it's legal because she is allowed 3 downloads in the same home. The first 2 were put on her desktop and her laptop and she doesn't remember letting anyone else use the last one. So wish me luck. Also, Lauren, I thought of the word Collasoul (sp)...well not true, Dawn thought of it. You know for your card...so we put everyone's name in a hat for 3pts for the word and Bev won. I also thought of the word COOL so I am going to draw a name for that too. 3 pts. AND whomever can tell me how to spell COLLASOUL the correct way will get 2 extra pts.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #2839
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Friends!

YAY! The weekend has arrived!
Have a SUPER Saturday!

... ... ... ...

Today is Hobbit Day
Dear Diary Day,
National White Chocolate Day,
International Peace Day,
American Business Women’s Day,
World Car Free Day,
Elephant Appreciation Day,
Kids Day,
R.E.A.D. in America Day,
National Hunting and Fishing Day,
International Day of Radiant Peace,
Fish Amnesty Day,
and Ice Cream Cone Day.

Enjoy your holiday of choice today!

Please excuse the interruption, but here’s a
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
reminding us that there are some Dumb Crooks in the world!

The Apple Store alarm triggered at midnight, notifying the local police that the premises had been compromised. Police arriving at the scene discovered that a security gate at the front of the store had been destroyed, and there was substantial damage to the business. No suspects were found at the scene, so officers reviewed footage from the surveillance cameras.

In the video, a blue BMW X5 SUV can be seen crashing through the plate-glass window in the front of the store. Three suspects exited the vehicle and started to grab items from nearby display tables. While the hooded crooks grabbed the loot, the wheelman attempted to back out of the store, but quickly discovered a security gate had fallen down, blocking his path. Undeterred, the driver repeatedly smashed the back of the BMW into the gate until it finally gave way and the SUV was able to exit the business and drive away.

A clean getaway? No, far from it.

During one of the BMW's frenzied attempts to smash through the security gate, the vehicle's license plate was torn from the vehicle and was discovered among the broken glass and rubble. The BMW was also left crippled with two flat tires. The burglars managed to use a spare to change one, but the other remained an encumbrance. The solution? Why, a second theft, of course.

One of the men allegedly entered a nearby convenience store and stole a can of Fix-a-Flat. Unfortunately for the thieves, the damage to the tire proved to be too substantial for the liquid magic to do its thing. So, rather than limp the battered beast back to their hideout, the thieves abandoned it not far from the crime scene. The car, which once had a new dealer price of between $40,000 and $60,000, had "extensive damage," according to police.

And it gets worse, for at least one of the alleged crooks. While police were busy following up on leads in the case, they spotted a young man walking near the mall. As it turned out, he was the registered owner of the BMW. In fact, he had the keys to the vehicle in his pocket.

x0x0x0
Hugs!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 09-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #2840
Proud Fan Club Member

Hope it works Dani, that would be awesome! Thank you so much for the 3 pts. I'm still trying to get my C card going!!!
Closed Thread