Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #2081
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Sorry, but Im not good with hints. I've passed that on to DS too. When he was little, I asked him what he got at the concession stand at the football game and his hint: It's long and red and kind of looks like licorice! LOLOLOL
Excuses, Excuses!! LOL!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #2082
Hardware Hotshot

Good morning
Love you card Jeanettte. It will soon be time to lay out that newspaper and start carving....
Not sure what this day is going to look like so maybe I will tag that 'another look unlimited day' Maybe it will turn into something great???????? who knows
Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #2083
Watercolor Wizard

Well HELLO ALHAQUEENS!!!! How is everyone? I am so very sorry that I didn't come on at all this past weekend, however, all my time was spent with darling hubby and this is a great thing!!!!! I'm hoping my guest hostess was able to keep up on things since I, like a dummy, forgot to send her the list of things I keep track of. Uggg Kathy I am so sorry!!!! Thank you tho for standing in you are the best!!!! I haven't read anything yet so I don't know how everyone behaved for you, but some how I have a feeling someone ended up in the naughty corner. lol....If you were able to keep up with things without that list I was supposed to send you and didn't (DUH DANI) please pm me. Now, I need to catch up on the chatter so I know what is going on with y'all and what is happening for next week. I have missed y'all soooo much!!!!!!! It's great to be back on altho I will miss hubby very much. I won't see him again now until Thanksgiving. At that time he will probably get laid off for the winter so I will see him every day for a while. Yay!!!!!! Ok I am going to go pop in on the Santa swap and than come back in here and catch up on everything and look at cards and what not. I've missed you ladies!!!!!!! BIG HUGGS FOR ALL!!!!!!!

SCS Gallery Moderator & Proud Fan Club Member
Old 09-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #2084
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow the new Cirque de soleil is in town amaluna mother moon!! Wow I love it...beautiful music..great costumes...people flying everywhere!!

Campin in the Forest

Move More Eat Well JumpStart
Old 09-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #2085
Stazon Splitcoast

todays inspiration early

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments,
but what is woven into the lives of others.
- Pericles

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us;
what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.
- Albert Pike

You give but little when you give of your possessions.
It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
- Khalil Gibran

To leave the world a better place,
to know even one life has breathed easier
because you have lived,
this is to have succeeded.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campin in the Forest

Old 09-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #2086
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Thank you, Marion!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 09-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #2087
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Donnaml

Here is my "P" card. It works for the MIU challenge also.

Tea Bag Folding/ Purple Tulle by Donnaml - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 09-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #2088
Stazon Splitcoast

Love the pumpkin and the purple ladies!!! Just love how diverse our talents are!

Campin in the Forest

Old 09-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #2089
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Chris, I accepted your dare... I made a card with a PUMPKIN on it!

... as promised last night... here is my PUMPKIN card! (you can also find it on my blog today)
Great card!! I love your pumpkin and yes, I will send you a card for completing my dare. I got a wonderful card from Susan - Cards are me for her dare. Wonder what letter will be next and what dares will be thrown down???
Old 09-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #2090
Watercolor Wizard

Y'all didn't miss me??? lol...j/k...ladies could someone please do me a favor and take a look at the new way the Hall Of Fame will be posted and please let me know what you think? I will always have a link in my siggy line that will bring you right to it. It is past midnight here and I am exhausted so I think I am going to call it a night. I went thru and left love on "P" cards that were posted in your galleries. If I missed someone, I am so very sorry, please let me know because I really do want to see all the cards made. Plus I have to add the item to the Hall Of Fame. Well y'all have a great night...see you in the morning...I can't wait to see the post from our Guest Hostess with the Mostess!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #2091
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning...what is the next letter...come on its 3am!

Campin in the Forest

Old 09-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #2092
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to laurenscraft

hahahahahahaha Miss Lynn there is only you and me waiting!!!

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 09-05-2012, 03:12 AM   #2093
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

And here it is, 7:00 AM EST and BOTH of you are off!!

Hmm....
Old 09-05-2012, 04:19 AM   #2094
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning alphagirls, let me start off by saying I screwed up majorly. I had written out my letter challenge and now can't find the file OR the paper I had it written on!! I'm so sorry....so I copied and pasted Dani's very first post and will go through and make a few changes to get you moving.

HELLO & WELCOME TO THE WEEKLY
ALPHABET CHALLENGE - ROUND 4

Whether you are a beginner or a pro when it comes to stamping and/or challenges you are going to love participating in the Alphabet Challenge, it's as easy as ABC. Come on in and join us; I'm sure you will be addicted in no time.

Ok stampers, this is how the Alphabet Challenge works: Wednesday of each week a weekly letter is posted then you are challenged to make a card (or other stamping project) making sure to add at least 1 item that starts with the current week's letter.

This time around the letters are being given in random order. If you would like to take a week and pick the weekly letter please let me know.

For Example: Let's say the current week's letter is "L" You could make a card with "L"ace on it or use "L"avendar paper or even stamp a picture of a "L"ady. Whatever you think of; it's your creation and the sky's the limit. You can use 1 item or as many items as you wish, how many you choose is up to you.
Once you are done making your card please make sure to upload it to your gallery and then post a link to it in the Alphabet Challenge thread. (If you need help with this please feel free to ask or pm FMcrafter)

Each week there will be a KEYWORD please make sure to put the keyword in the space provided while uploading your card. This is how all of the cards made for Round 4 of the Alphabet Challenge end up in the same gallery.

There you have it, by following these instructions you just finished the weekly Alphabet Challenge. It's as easy as A B C.

Now more about the extra part of this challenge.

ALPHABET DARE CHALLENGE
This is an extra challenge you do NOT need to participate in the "DARE" challenge if you do not want to.

Here is how it works: Once you have made your card and posted it into the Alphabet Challenge thread you can "Dare" a fellow SCSr to make a card using an item of your choice. If they ACCEPT your "Dare" and post their card that has the item you chose then you will have to send them the card you made for that week.

Each time you give a "Dare" you will receive 1 point. Each time you complete a "Dare" you will receive 1 point. If you are not being "Dared" that often you can either call out for a "Dare" (Dare me if you Dare) or make sure you are giving those "Dares" out. You can give out more than one "Dare" per letter. Just remember you have to send each person that accepts a "Dare" from you a card.
At the end of round 4 the person that has the most points will receive a "Special Prize". So c'mon get out there and hand out those "Dares".

I will try to keep track of who dared who in the next post. Let me know if I miss you.

Thank you so much for participating in Round 4 of the Alphabet Challenge. REMEMBER: You are welcome to come and chit chat with us anytime. We promise we will not corrupt you. The most important thing we MUST do in the Alphabet Challenge is to HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!

If you have any questions about any part of the Alphabet Challenge please feel free to pm me with your questions or check the list of FAQ's below to see if your question is answered.

1. Do I have to play every week in order to join this challenge? NO
2. If I miss a letter do I have to make it up? NO
3. May I ask someone to take the Alphabet Dare challenge that has never participated in the Alphabet Challenge before? If so, how do I ask them to take the dare? YES & You can send them a private message inviting them to take the Alphabet Dare Challenge.
4. Can I dare more than 1 person? YES but keep in mind that if they accept your dare and complete it you will have to send each of them a card.
5. How will I know if that person accepted my challenge? When you send out a dare it is IMPORTANT that you let me know the person's SCS name and the item that you dared them to use. You can pm me this information.
6. Is there a time limit on posting your card for each letter? No there is no time limit on the regular weekly letter cards. However, there is a time limit on any dares. You will have until Friday of the following week to post your dare card. That gives you a couple extra days after the week is up just in case you should need them.

THis week's letter is the letter "M" for muscrat! Makes it easier for me to remember! Have fun, and get to work on those M card.
Please use alpha409 as your keyword.

Last edited by muscrat; 09-05-2012 at 11:22 AM..
Old 09-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #2095
Proud Fan Club Member

Wall of Fame for Week #9 - "M" Dares

muscrat dares Chris makes cards to make a card with a mountain on it. 2 pts. Chris
muscrat dares Dani to make a mirror card 3 pts. for Dani (1 for being sweet)
muscrat dares Lynn to make a card with mischief on it 4 pts. Lynn cause she's been good.
muscrat dares Marney to make a moving van card 2 pts. marney
muscrat dares Lauren to make a mother card 2 pts. Lauren
Dani dares Vickie to make a martian card 2 pts. for Vickie
JanetJ dares muscrat to make a mouse card[COLOR="Blue"] 0 points for muscrat cause she gave them to Donna!!
Dani dares JanetJ to make a money card 3 pts for Janet for completing!
muscrat gives two points to Donna just because!!! And 2 more of muscrat's points cause she wants to get something purdy for me!! LOL Donna 4 pt.
muscrat givesDiane 2 pointa just cause she's sweet!
muscrat dares Chris makes Cards to make a card with a monkey on it! 2 pts. Chris
Vickie dares muscrat to make a card with magenta on it. 2 pts. for muscrat
muscrat dares DCinkit to make something with a Martha Stewart product on.
muscrat dares Donna to pick a card she likes and enter that one. Donna chooses musical moose 2 pts Donna

ITEMS USED ON CARDS THIS WEEK
Merry (Christmas)(Forest Ranger) Jeanette; Musical Moose, JanetJ; music, mesh & Merry Christmas, stampmontana (Jeri); morning glories, triasimite (Bev); moondoggie (surf's up), FMcrafter (Lynn); Mickey Mouse (Laurenscraft)Lauren; mother, (Laruenscraft) Lauren; magnified mosquito (Marney) Marion; mountains (Chrismakes card) Chris; mittens (VickieY) Vickie; mouse with cheese (muscrat) Kathy; mirror (DellsDani) Dani; moving van (marney) Marion; martian (Vickie Y) Vickie; money (JanetJ) Janet; musical meow maker (DCinkit) Diane; magenta (muscrat) Kathy; mouse with marshmallows (Stampmontana) Jeri; marriage (Karen Campbell) Karen; monkey (Chrismakescards) Chris;

Last edited by muscrat; 09-13-2012 at 04:43 AM..
Old 09-05-2012, 04:28 AM   #2096
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

And where is your "M" card for us to see??

Hey - maybe your paper got mislaid yesterday.....
Old 09-05-2012, 05:11 AM   #2097

Good Morning Friends!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!

... ... ... ...

Today is National Cheese Pizza Day
Be Late for Something Day (I can do that! ),
and Beard Day.

Enjoy your holiday of choice today!
Just don’t be late to the table…
Since I’m sure we’re all having Cheese Pizza!

Please excuse the interruption, but here’s a
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
reminding us that there are some Dumb Criminals in the world!

A man walked into a Topeka, Kansas Kwik Shop and asked for all the money in the cash drawer. Apparently, the take was too small so he tied up the store clerk and worked the counter himself for three hours until police showed up and grabbed him.

x0x0x0
Hugs!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #2098

ohh! OHHHHHHH!!! I have a Merry Christmas card on my blog today! Does that count for this week's "M" for muscrat card???
Attached Thumbnails
crafty-gals-punch-1.jpg  

Old 09-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #2099
Watercolor Wizard

G'morning AlphaMoms (AlphaMakers for those who are not moms), how is everyone this lovely Wednesday morning? Jeanette, I am not sure if I am hosting this week or if Muscrat plans on hosting all week, however, I will answer your question. I know Kathy would want me to even if she is hosting.....at least I hope she would...Yes you can use a card from your blog. I know some people think you should have to make a "fresh" card, however, as long as it fits the letter that is all that matters. But then again you know us, even if it had nothing to do with the letter we would accept it. Muscrat, thankyou so much for hosting today/this week. You have done an excellant job on posting this week's letter. I already know what I am putting on my card and I know what my first dare will be. Yay!!! I pm'd you a couple of questions....did you get them? Well ladies, everyone have a wonderful day I am going to spend the day in my stamp room all day. Remember, I need someone's opinion on how the Wall of Fame for the letter P looks. I put up a link in my last post I believe. Well again, thank you Muscrat for this week's letter and for doing an awesome job posting. Big huggs all yall.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #2100
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
ohh! OHHHHHHH!!! I have a Merry Christmas card on my blog today! Does that count for this week's "M" for muscrat card???
Love your card Jeanette.. It is so cute.. Now I havae to check out punch out art..... Always something new to me.. or a new name for something you do and didn't even know it!!

Good Morning all. So the letter is M... nice letter lol
Love the wall of fame Dani.... can see all the items that was used, and that is nice...
Old 09-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #2101
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Quote:
Soooo cute! I love it!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #2102
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

I agree - that card is SO cute Jeanette!!

Love how you used punches!!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #2103
Watercolor Wizard

Jeanette, I am sorry I forgot to tell you how much I like you card. I always forget that when cards are posted the way you posted yours I can't leave a comment and then I forget to comment on it in the thread. I am so sorry.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #2104
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by marney View Post
Love your card Jeanette.. It is so cute.. Now I havae to check out punch out art..... Always something new to me.. or a new name for something you do and didn't even know it!!

Good Morning all. So the letter is M... nice letter lol
Love the wall of fame Dani.... can see all the items that was used, and that is nice...
Thank you Marion. Then that is how I will post it from now on. I will try to keep up on it as cards are added to the gallery.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #2105
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning....m.....mmm...muffins...marshmellows....m ilkshake.....Melba toast......oops I need breakfast

Campin in the Forest

Old 09-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #2106
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy ~ MIGHTY fine job posting the next letter. It will be a fun one!

I know we don't have to do this, but MAY I post some MISSING letters in MY gallery?

Here's Letter Z. It didn't ending up being what I wanted, but oh well. I might send this later on to our friend who just lost his wife (my friend who recently passed). We want him to know he's not alone during this difficult time.

Letter Z for zig zags and zorro (fox in spanish).
Old 09-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #2107
Stazon Splitcoast

MAY I please post another one? Thanks!

Letter P

Yeah, I'm all caught up now. If I can MUSTER up some MOJO, I'll start on the next letter MIGHTY soon.

Enjoy the day!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #2108
Stazon Splitcoast

Forest!! Lovely!! Christmas in September is good!!

Campin in the Forest

Old 09-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #2109
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Here is my M card:

Musical Moose by JanetJ - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 09-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #2110
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah!!! Diane challenged herself to get caught up and made beautiful cards!!! Thank you for sharing!

Campin in the Forest

Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #2111
Proud Fan Club Member

Ladies, so sorry, seems I am messing up major time. I haven't had time to even think about an M card yet! How bad am I?? Please use alpha 409 as your keyword. And let me know if I miss any dares. I just didn't realize my world would take on a bit of a craziness when I told Dani yes, and I am playing catch up all the time!! Thanks for being patient with me.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #2112
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Ladies, so sorry, seems I am messing up major time. I haven't had time to even think about an M card yet! How bad am I?? Please use alpha 409 as your keyword. And let me know if I miss any dares. I just didn't realize my world would take on a bit of a craziness when I told Dani yes, and I am playing catch up all the time!! Thanks for being patient with me.

It's okay Kathy. Life happens. No mess-ups - just delays. You'll make something when you can. Life is too precious to feel bad about what you can't do right away. We'll help you.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #2113
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMcrafter View Post
Yeah!!! Diane challenged herself to get caught up and made beautiful cards!!! Thank you for sharing!
Awww, thanks Lynn. I appreciate that encouragement!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #2114
Stazon Splitcoast

Muscrat needsan infusion of m &m!!!!

Kathy...you know us...do what you can when you can!!! But we do reserve the right to tease you along the way!!!

Campin in the Forest

Old 09-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #2115
Proud Fan Club Member

You are all the reason I love it here!! I'll get working on my M card soon.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #2116
Stazon Splitcoast

Kerra runs in with puppy huge all around!!!
Kerra leaves a trail of fur in her wake!!! She's shedding again!!!! Lol

Campin in the Forest

Old 09-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #2117
Proud Fan Club Member

When I got up this morning, my cat was under the covers!! He hates the girls I babysit so he hides all day long and doesn't come out until they leave. I think he missed me yesterday since they were here all day! He's a good purr'er!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #2118
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

And the cat LOVES you!!!

I was just "pulling your leg" this morning - I know you've been busy! Take it easy!!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #2119
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah pewter does that too...then she attacks the dogs ears to get rid if her frustration!!!! She is getting better....after 5 years she no longer runs when grumpy stomps up and down the stairs!

How is outdoor cat now that possum! Is gone!!!

Campin in the Forest

Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #2120
Glitter Guru

Janet, your card is great!

I came here to post my card and I saw yours. It seems we had the same idea on one element. I was getting ready to make an M card with a totally different idea and then I saw this tag on my table and this card popped into my head so I had to go ahead and make it.

I want to make another card later.

Card-- M is for...
Closed Thread