Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #1241
Stazon Splitcoast

Jeri! Great cards! We are never late here!!

So glad you had a great reunion! Family time is the best

Campin in the Forest

Move More Eat Well JumpStart
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #1242
Watercolor Wizard

Hello everyone. Jeri, it's very nice to see you. I am glad you had fun at the family reunion. I love your cards and left love for you. Ladies I am not doing so hot this evening, I had to cancel on my grandson as far as going to the stock car races. I just know I wouldn't have lasted 15 mins. So, I told him we will try again next weekend. Meemaw sees the doc on Thurs so....we shall see.
For those of you that have points coming for dares given and completed; I will add them to the wall of fame when I am feeling a little better. Right now I am feel sick to my belly from the pain. I don't know what is sticking out back there but it feels like it is going to poke right thru my skin. Anywho...I am going to go lay down for a bit. Lynn, that is exactly what I am afraid of. Kathy, you are so welcome. I hope your defrosting escapade went well. Vickie, love your sollipop card. I left love for you. And if I missed anyone I am super sorry. Huggs for all.
Well ladies, I finished my "S" card....finally so I am going to post it and then I am off to lay down.

Dani's Seductive Swirls Card

SCS Gallery Moderator & Proud Fan Club Member

Last edited by DellsDani; 08-11-2012 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: fix the link
Old 08-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #1243
Stazon Splitcoast

Dani is that a link???

Campin in the Forest

Old 08-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #1244
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Donnaml

If so, it doesn't work?!?!?!?
Old 08-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #1245
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's a link for Dani's seductive swirls card. Poor girl. I can't imagine how that must feel. I think she needs to get to the doctor sooner than Thursday!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #1246
Watercolor Wizard

Sorry ladies, that was supposed to be the link. I will fix it. Kathy thank you for posting a link to it. And I so agree with you, I too think I need to see the doctor before Thursday. I am going to call him Monday and see if I can come in earlier. I will explain what is going on and hopefully they will be able to. Thank you for the kind comments on my card; those of you that did get to see it...lol...again I am sorry.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #1247
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Donnaml

Love your card Dani, WOW!!! And I agree, you really need to get in to the doctors before Thursday. MAKE them see you. It gives me the willies just thinking about that thing sticking out of your back. I would think they would tell you to come in immediately!!!! Keep us informed.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #1248
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, sensational card Dani. Yes, call the doctor on Monday and keep us informed as Donna said.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #1249
Hardware Hotshot

I agree you need to see someone soon.... Let us know, beautiful card. left some love.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #1250
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DellsDani View Post
Ok ladies....I am going to dare someone that has NEVER been dared....no ... I lied....I am going to dare 2 people that have never been dared. Yes, I will make 2 "S" cards. Well 3 cuz one will be for Sam. I have Sam on my BRAK list...anyways.....

I dare TRIASIMITE to use SOAP on a card, Bev my dear friend, do you accept my dare?

I also dare Chris Makes Cards to use a STUD on a card. Chris, my dear newest AlphaQueen, do you accept my dare?
Yes, i accept your dare - and who knows what kind of stud I may find to use?? i'm sorry I haven't been on SCS - we have company and I went to a CK Scrapbook convention on Friday - took 2 classes and discovered some new techniques and products. I'll get busy with my Stud card and my S card!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #1251
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Friends!

I hope you have a restful and INKY day!

... ... ... ...

Today is International Youth Day,
IBM PC Day,
Sewing Machine Day,
Eyeglasses Day,
Filet Mignon Day,
International Left-Handers Day,
Skinny Dipping Day,
Trail Mix Day,
and Vinyl Record Day.

Enjoy your holiday of choice today!
BTW, you won’t catch me skinny dipping! EEK!!!

Please excuse the interruption, but here’s a
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
reminding us to Beware of Dumb Criminals!

Investigating a purse snatching, detectives picked up a man who fit the thief's description and drove him back to the scene. He was told to exit the car and face the victim for an ID. The suspect carefully eyed the victim, and shouted, 'Yeah, that's the woman I robbed.'

x0x0x0
Hugs!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 08-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #1252
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris makes cards View Post
Yes, i accept your dare - and who knows what kind of stud I may find to use?? i'm sorry I haven't been on SCS - we have company and I went to a CK Scrapbook convention on Friday - took 2 classes and discovered some new techniques and products. I'll get busy with my Stud card and my S card!
Yay!!! I am so glad to hear that you accept my dare. However, just so you know, your stud card can be your S card. You do not have to make 2. I will get busy on another S card to send to you. I will post it as soon as I have it done. I look forward to seeing your "stud".

Old 08-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #1253
Watercolor Wizard

G'morning AlphaQueens. I am sorry I am so late getting out here. I had a ruff nite, no sleep and on top of it got spooked. Some idiot on a motorcycle kept coming into my driveway and turning around. He did it like 4 or 5 times. Anyways...Donna, DC and Marney, I will call the doc tomorrow. My dd Desirae' came and looked at the thing that is sticking out and she said it feels like a bone. Hmm..not good I say. But I will find out for sure. Thank you for your concern. Also, thank you for the lovely comments on my card. Jeanette, I am left handed so you know which holiday I am celebrating. In fact, I called my brother and told him to celebrate too. lol My great grama used to try to force him and I to be right handed. You see my mom was left handed, however, she had polio and cp so it couldn't be helped. But grama wasn't having lefthanders without a reason. lol....To think like they did back in the day huh? lol..
Well ladies, my grandson's bday party is today. My dd was just here she plopped some laundry in the washer and asked me to put it in the dryer and start the next load once this one is done and she grabbed the deviled egg trays and out the door she flew. I have a feeling she is stressing.
Oh and one more quick thing, once again my sister is back in the hospital because of her drinking. I swear this girl is going to accept death as her bottom. If you would please pray for her. She really needs to get a grip on the drinking thing. The doctors told her the last time she was in if she continues she will end up dead. ugggg...I know some people believe it's self-induced, however, because of the long line of alcoholics in my family I believe it is a desease (sp) that has no cure. It can be put into remission (if you will) but it never goes away for good. kwim? Anyways...if you will pray for her thank you.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #1254
Proud Fan Club Member

Dani, how sad to hear about your sister. I have to tell you though, my grandpa was an alcoholic. Drank all of his life. He accepted the Lord into his life in his late 80's and gave up the bottle! He died when he was about 90 and I have no doubt I will see him again. Just wanted you to know, it is possible for her to quit drinking, so don't give up on her (which I know you won't.)
Old 08-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #1255
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Dani, how sad to hear about your sister. I have to tell you though, my grandpa was an alcoholic. Drank all of his life. He accepted the Lord into his life in his late 80's and gave up the bottle! He died when he was about 90 and I have no doubt I will see him again. Just wanted you to know, it is possible for her to quit drinking, so don't give up on her (which I know you won't.)
Oh there is no doubt in my mind that it is possible for her to quit. I have another sister who has been sober now for 30 yrs and my sister in law who was in the hospital a year in a half ago for the same exact reason...hasn't touch a droup since she was released from the hospital. It's not that I will give up on her, nor will I enable her, it just gets hard when you put yourself out there to help as much as you can and than bam she goes right back to it. She has lost custody of all of her children because of it....it's very hard not to be angry with her. kwim? Thank you for sharing with me. I am glad that you got to see your grandpa sober. I hope I get to see my sister sober. She has drank heavily since the age of 17. Other than her time in hospitals I do not remember her every being sober. How sad is that??

Old 08-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #1256
Proud Fan Club Member

That's extremely sad....I pray she gets the treatment she needs. How sad her kids had to see that.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #1257
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
That's extremely sad....I pray she gets the treatment she needs. How sad her kids had to see that.
Thank you so much.
They are all grown now except for one. She had a child when she was 44. He is now 10 and he still lives with her and his dad. For not being married to her his dad enables her very well. I guess you don't have to be married to enable. In fact, Lamar (my nephew) just told my brother the other day; "It's about time that my mom ends up back in the hospital because of her drinking. Maybe this year my dad won't buy beer to celebrate when she get's out."

Old 08-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #1258
Watercolor Wizard

Well Kathy, I better hush and get off of this thing and go get ready for my grandson's birthday party. Thank you for listening....I am worried about her so it's nice to have someone to talk to. And thank you for your kind words. Big Huggs to you my friend.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #1259
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hey Dani ~

Changing subjects to being left-handed:

Everyone has two temporal lobes in their brain. One of them will contain your language center. The part of the brain that enables you to talk. Most right-handed people will have their language center in the left side, and most left-handed people will have their language center in the right side. That's why a left-handed person can say they speak from a right mind!

Before my brain surgery in 2005, I had a special test to make sure where my language center was located. Just in case! The surgery was in my right temporal lobe very close to where the language center area would be if it was on that side. As it turns out, I am a right-handed person with their language center on the left side. I am normal, at least in that sense. Ha, ha

Is there a day celebrating brain surgery patients? How about right-handed people? One day I might see those things on Jeanette's posting.

Happy Left-handers Day to you!!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #1260
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry ladies I just got up...don't know if I can stay up

Campin in the Forest

Old 08-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #1261
Forum Fanatic

Just another card for the "S" challenge.

Dancing Snow Couple (bb) by triasimite - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

First Great Grandchild
Old 08-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #1262
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCinkit View Post
Hey Dani ~

Changing subjects to being left-handed:

Everyone has two temporal lobes in their brain. One of them will contain your language center. The part of the brain that enables you to talk. Most right-handed people will have their language center in the left side, and most left-handed people will have their language center in the right side. That's why a left-handed person can say they speak from a right mind!

Before my brain surgery in 2005, I had a special test to make sure where my language center was located. Just in case! The surgery was in my right temporal lobe very close to where the language center area would be if it was on that side. As it turns out, I am a right-handed person with their language center on the left side. I am normal, at least in that sense. Ha, ha

Is there a day celebrating brain surgery patients? How about right-handed people? One day I might see those things on Jeanette's posting.

Happy Left-handers Day to you!!
I hope there is a day for Brain Surgery pts.!! I had Brain Surgery on my Left Temporal Lobe (where memory is) back in 1993. Yes, I forgot an entire year before my surgery (at least I didn't forget my DH - we were still engaged!). Some memories are still "popping up" when I'm not expecting them to.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #1263
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMcrafter View Post
Sorry ladies I just got up...don't know if I can stay up
Drink some coffee!! Get some caffiene!!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #1264
Hardware Hotshot

Ditto to the Left handers today!!!! a high five to you all!!
Dani- Hope you can enjoy the party.
Bev left yu some love......

Hi to everyone!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #1265
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetJ View Post
I hope there is a day for Brain Surgery pts.!! I had Brain Surgery on my Left Temporal Lobe (where memory is) back in 1993. Yes, I forgot an entire year before my surgery (at least I didn't forget my DH - we were still engaged!). Some memories are still "popping up" when I'm not expecting them to.

You and me Janet! I can relate to the memories just "popping up". It happens to me at times.

When I recovered from surgery, I had "forgotten" how to stamp! I knew how to make an impression with the stamp and ink, but I didn't know how to put together a card, how to be creative. Slowly, over time I am developing a new level of creativity. SCS has helped sooo much! Without it, I would have just given up. I did have to stop being a Stampin Up! demonstrator after 10 years of doing it.

At times, I miss being creative like I used to be, I still struggle putting cards together, and I don't feel confident in what I'm making, but it's okay. I'm creative in new ways.

Yes, it's a very good thing you did not forget your DH! How long afterwards did you get married?

Thanks for sharing!! One day we'll have our day to celebrate!!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #1266
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCinkit View Post
You and me Janet! I can relate to the memories just "popping up". It happens to me at times.

When I recovered from surgery, I had "forgotten" how to stamp! I knew how to make an impression with the stamp and ink, but I didn't know how to put together a card, how to be creative. Slowly, over time I am developing a new level of creativity. SCS has helped sooo much! Without it, I would have just given up. I did have to stop being a Stampin Up! demonstrator after 10 years of doing it.

At times, I miss being creative like I used to be, I still struggle putting cards together, and I don't feel confident in what I'm making, but it's okay. I'm creative in new ways.

Yes, it's a very good thing you did not forget your DH! How long afterwards did you get married?

Thanks for sharing!! One day we'll have our day to celebrate!!

Just about 1 year after the surgery. And something cute - people my DH worked with told him "if she forgets you, you can slip away". And my DH's answer: "If she doesn't remember me, I'll introduce myself & we'll start again". This week we'll have our 18th anniversary.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #1267
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! Diane and Janet, amazing stories!! You are both so talented and well spoken, you'd never know what you've been through!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #1268
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for sharing your recoveries and your victories.. Great stories from courageous people .. love it!!!!
Big hugs for you both....
Old 08-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #1269
Stazon Splitcoast

Maybe you can help! I am really trying to figure out how to keep my memory. The first thing I lost was visual creativity. Drives me crazy! Can think of a card but cannot figure out how to put it together. Also I have notes everywhere to remind me. My son has put alarms on my phone to remind me to take my meds. The doc thinks it is side effects plus sleep problems. I have an inability to fall asleep, an inability to stay asleep and sleep apnea.

Campin in the Forest

Old 08-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #1270
Stazon Splitcoast

I use an alarm on my phone to take my meds, too. I understand that part of it.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #1271
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

OK - let's see if these help:

!. After surgery, my neurologist had me playing memory games - even the electronic game Simon (remembering the pattern of the colored lights blinking). I was SO proud of myself when I was remembering the light patterns!!
Do something like that game that will help stimulate your memory cells in your brain.

2. Pills - after I've given pills to students, I would turn the bottles upside down after the meds were given. Do that after you take meds.
And when you have to take meds several times a day - get one of those plastic pill cases (are divided Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Bedtime) - put the meds when you are taking them.
For instance - I take meds with breakfast, in the afternoon, a med in the evening, & one at bedtime. I put my meds in those compartments - helps me remmeber to take my meds. And as soon as I use the medication I take in the AM - I turn my bottle upside down. And the nasal spray I use in the AM - I just leave the box I keep it in open so I know it's been used. I close the box lid at night.

HTH!!
Old 08-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #1272
Stazon Splitcoast

My pill boxes are colour coded with writing on then in big letters!. Grumpy has been trying to get me to play those games...maybe I should listen. I am trying to get Grushka!Ph to put chalkboards on the kitchen cabinets so I can make notes

The neurologist said I was fat and if I lost weight everything would be fine.

Sorry I should not have taken over the thread. I just need to do thing when I think of it

Campin in the Forest

Old 08-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #1273
Stampin' Fool

I'm sorry so many have health problems - you don't think about how your body works until it doesn't work anymore! I'll pray for all the health concerns and hope everyone feels better soon.

I'll try to attach my stud card here! Had to use an embellishment as my Stud husband didn't want to be attached to a card! LOL!!
Attached Thumbnails
img_1079.jpg  
Old 08-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #1274
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMcrafter View Post
My pill boxes are colour coded with writing on then in big letters!. Grumpy has been trying to get me to play those games...maybe I should listen. I am trying to get Grushka!Ph to put chalkboards on the kitchen cabinets so I can make notes

The neurologist said I was fat and if I lost weight everything would be fine.

Sorry I should not have taken over the thread. I just need to do thing when I think of it
Your neurologist needs to see a Psychiatrist! Losing weight does NOT make everything better. I'm a prime example. Things went south AFTER the weight loss.

And for memory....I like Suduko puzzles! But prefer easy to moderate. Hard ones slay me!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #1275
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Chris, your card is SO pretty!! Love the studs you put on!!

Don't go thinking so many people have health problems - I don't consider mine a health problem. Mine is an ongoing situation - I have a mild form of epilepsy - is controlled by medication.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #1276
Hardware Hotshot

Again thanks for sharing... It is good to hear that you are all trying to overcome and keep going...Hats off to you all.

Love the stud card... great job.....
Old 08-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #1277
Stazon Splitcoast

Great stud card...too bad hubby didn't want to show off!!! Lolll

Campin in the Forest

Old 08-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #1278
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy...can't do numbers anymore...many a time I can't do math...reading if is not too complex I can do. Guess I am just old! I want my senior discount!!!!!

Campin in the Forest

Old 08-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #1279
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetJ View Post
Chris, your card is SO pretty!! Love the studs you put on!!

Don't go thinking so many people have health problems - I don't consider mine a health problem. Mine is an ongoing situation - I have a mild form of epilepsy - is controlled by medication.
Me, too.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #1280
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by marney View Post
Again thanks for sharing... It is good to hear that you are all trying to overcome and keep going...Hats off to you all.

Love the stud card... great job.....
Thanks for listening! It helps sometimes just to share and talk about it.
Closed Thread