Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #5761
Proud Fan Club Member

Lauren great cards. Love them, the styles are so different. Which style do you like best?

Your right, we are getting ready for bed and you are probably ready to get going. Hope you enjoyed your dinner.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #5762
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to laurenscraft

Susan I love the elegant, the ribbons and bows, it really makes me feel feminine I suppose.

But I do love my die cuts and embossing folders and love the dress up dolls, love making things for my little people with them.

So I suppose I really am eclectic with my style and have never found my niche except that I love feeling and playing with paper....

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #5763
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnaml View Post
Right back at ya babe..... Sorry, but I am going to bed. It is 12:45 at night and 6:30 comes way to fast. Gotta get the GS up and off to school. Have a great day Lauren. By the way, you must be an excellent cook. Everything you make sounds yummy
Donna my precious girl, I am no cook..... I can make dinner, and an banana cake or a quiche, and chinese or italian.... for dinner..... but no good for baking or fancy cooking....

I prefer to play with paper rather than cook......

hahahaha..I am so bad

you sleep well Donna, I will see you tomorrow

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #5764
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Good Morning!!

Lynn - Thanks for letting me know -30C is -22F!! I have forgotten how to convert F temps to C temps since we don't use metric measurements often.

OK Lauren- I haven't been on this swap for a year, but I've been on other swaps with you (like Forest Friends) for a year....
And I left some love on your card! WOW!! There were a lot of things starting with "I" on that card!!

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #5765
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies. I made it back in time to post this week's letter. I didn't know if I was going to make it or not. Dawn's surgery went well. The baby shower ... not so well. I will explain everything later. Right now I want to thank Janet for doing such an awesome job with the hostessing. Thank you Janet. You always do right by these girls and I know they appreciate the hard work you put into being a guest hostess. Thank you so much for volunteering to hostess. You did a fabulous job!!!!! I will let you know how many points you will be getting for hostessing this week once I catch up on all the chatter that has happened since I was gone. However, right now I think I better post this week's letter...Big Huggs. I missed ALL Y'ALL!!!!!!!

SCS Gallery Moderator & Proud Fan Club Member
Old 12-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #5766
Watercolor Wizard

OOOOPPPPS!!!!! Ladies, I just remembered, there will be no letter this week. Since Christmas falls on Tuesday I feel we should take a week off for the holiday. Now, I do not celebrate much for the new year, however, I know a lot of people do. Do you want to come back and do a letter on the 26th or do you want to wait until the 2nd of January? Of course waiting till the 2nd will give us 2 weeks off, however, it's up to y'all. I host this challenge because of you so I want to know what y'all want. So, since I won't be posting a letter this morning. I am going to take care of a few things and then catch up on the chatter that I missed. Oh and look at the cards that have been made. This way Janet can find out how many points she will be getting. Also, I want to apologize now because I know I won't be on much this week. This is due to three reasons...#1 dummy me decided that it would be a great idea to paint my kitchen before Christmas so I hired my brother Randy to do it while I was out of town at the baby shower. Well, I have a HUGE kitchen...he did half and said he would come back and finish the other half. I know him...he won't be back. So...I have to help Dawn's dad finish it. I feel so bad because he is here to visit with her after her surgery. #2- I still have a ton of decorations to get put up. #3-I have a ton of cleaning to get done. and #4-Ron will be home so I want to spend all the time I can with him. He leaves out on the 4th and I don't know when I will see him next. So please please please don't think I am skipping out on y'all. And yes, I realize that is 4 reasons not 3. Ok, I should also tell you we are waiting for a huge snow storm to hit so I may lose my internet. IF I do I will text one of y'all (that I have numbers to) and let you know. Ok...off to make coffee, then pay bills then to catch up on the chatter and figure out Janet's points. Huggs to you all!!!!!!!!

SCS Gallery Moderator & Proud Fan Club Member
Old 12-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #5767
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Dani, I'll go with whatever the majority wants to do. We don't do much to celebrate the New Year either...love the quiet of being at home! And, yep, this week is full of last minute shopping and getting ready to spend time with family in celebration of the "Reason for the Season"

Merry Christmas to each and everyone. (those Christmas cards I meant to send are still on my craft table...my bad!) So, instead of creating an alpha card this week...Christmas cards will be mailed, just a tad late, but as my mom would to say, better late than never!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #5768
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Donnaml

Vicki, I just gave up on getting my cards out. We also are getting ready for a HUGE snow storm suppose to start today or tonight. Soooooo, everyone, I have them made, just never got around to getting to post office and getting them all with addresses on them. That's the part that is the worst. handwriting all the addresses. Oh well, Merry Christmas everyone
Old 12-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #5769
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Donna, I haven't mailed cards either - I'll probably send mine with presents or they'll just be used next year!! I've called some friends to wish them Merry Christmas.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #5770
Hardware Hotshot

Janet, I will call all my family on Christmas (we are spread all over the US) but my friends here and on SCS won't be getting them either That's the part that bothers me the most. Hopefully next year I will be more on the ball. But taking care of 2 small ones all day every day with only a 3-4 hour break in the evening, I don't get much time to myself. And yes, I will just save the rest for next year also. Have a great day today.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #5771
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, I just want to cast my vote for two weeks off, sounds like all of you may need a nice break. If we want to make cards, we could catch up on the letters we missed or maybe more of the letters we liked. Just a thought.

Anyway, I like receiving cards later, to me it extends the spirit. I guess we could cross out Merry Christmas and write in Happy New Year, or pretend we are all Ukranian, they celebrate January 6th or 7th. LOL!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #5772
Proud Fan Club Member

Janet, thank you for being the hostess with the mostess this week.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #5773
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

You're welcome Susan!! I had fun doing this!!

And I was taught about Epiphany (January 6) when I was a little girl. Thankfully, family I'm making a present for (for the boy who's just over 1 year old) celebrates Christmas until January 6 - so I told them the present will get to them by that date!
And before you ask - I'm knitting a sweater in the Fisherman pattern (a lot of cable patterns). It takes a lot of time to do that pattern!!

This is a pattern / picture of a sweater for an adult. Looks a LOT like the smaller one I'm making!!

Log In / Join the Lion Brand community to get free knitting and free crochet patterns and more!=
Old 12-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #5774
Proud Fan Club Member

Janet, I love knitting the cable stitch, I know I'm crazy. It is one of those patterns that you have to focus on. Will you take pictures when you are done and show us? Please. My knitting days are so limited, I did some yesterday for about 2 hrs., no more for about a week, replenishing my baby stash.

Have a great day!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #5775
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

I'll try, but I don't know if I can.
If my DH has the extension (he's had problems finding it) that is used for that, then I'll have to learn how to upload pics like that to SCS.
When I've done cards, I've just scanned the cards.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #5776
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok, you don't have to, the less stress the better. Uploading is not that bad, I think you don't have to upload to the website, just to the post. Someone out there knows how. Hope you finish in time.

Those preparing for the snow storm, stay warm and safe!!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #5777
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

And to give you a chuckle - I learned the basic knit stitch when I was about 7 years old. I didn't like knitting then, so I put the knitting aside.
I got back into knitting when I was in my 20s & was working on Labor & Delivery. A nurse on the "graveyard shift" (11 PM to 7:30 AM) was from Ireland & was knitting cabled sweaters SO often! A nurse on the shift I worked (3PM - 11:30 PM) & I got Maggie to get us started knitting. I got back into knitting, & have made sweaters, pullover tops, afghans, even knit the top section of a sweatshirt back in after I had cut out that material part of the sweatshirt. This pullover Aran sweater for a baby is a REAL challenge!!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #5778
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope the snow holds off for you ladies. My DS is in Wisconsin. Hopefully on his way home, but I pray he stays ahead of the storm.

I got a Christmas present today from a non-cardmaking friend. Guess what? She made me a card AND she went behind my back and contacted my demo friend and got me the stamp set "Lovely as a Tree" and some pool party embossing powder!!! How sweet was that?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #5779
Gabfest Goddess

Kathy what a great friend she is, do not let her go!!!! That stamp set is the most beautiful set there is. I love it. And that should guarantee you love your friend forever!!!

Janet and Susan, stop shaming me and pm me your address so I can send you a card... hahahahahaha and I will think about sending a prize to Janet for being the hostess with the mostess..... I cannot send a pressie to Susan yet, I don't know you well enough, you might get the wrong idea and think I am loose or something.... hahahahahahaha

I think it is a scream that we are CARDMAKERS and we did not get our Christmas cards sent!!!!! hahahahaha we are so funny, it is like a banker never having any money!!!

OK Dani, I am like Vickie and will go with the majority, so far that is one person for 2 weeks off, two people going with the flow!!! hahaha

Oh girls I might have to play again today, just for something different....

donna I am so sorry you cannot get into your craft room, but Christmas will not last forever.

hugs to all....

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #5780
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Lauren, I just sent you a PM with info on it!

BTW - do the Kookaburras wake you in the morning with their loud "song"? I've only heard them at a zoo, & know they are loud birds !
Old 12-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #5781
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

And I agree with the 2 weeks off - holiday time is SO busy a lot of us can't get crafts done!!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #5782
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning! I guess I am an odd-ball...I thought i had everything sent but just found one for Yvonne...ooopppsss and it's her birthday too....ooopsss...Marion...tell her it is on it's way by Kerra mail!

Fall in the Forest

Move More Eat Well JumpStart
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 12-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #5783
Hardware Hotshot

Hi everyone.. @weeks off is fine with me as well. Just too confusing right now... We will all be ready after the New Year... I am sure.....
Old 12-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #5784
Proud Fan Club Member

Yvonne is getting an SCS birthday wish because I forgot to get her card around and there is no way it will get there this year anymore with the way the PO is! HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Friday, Yvonne!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #5785
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetJ View Post
Lauren, I just sent you a PM with info on it!

BTW - do the Kookaburras wake you in the morning with their loud "song"? I've only heard them at a zoo, & know they are loud birds !
We don't hear the Kookaburras in the morning, but we do hear them during the day, sometimes I think the laugh and carry on when they have caught and eaten dinner...... they are wonderful hunting birds and I have seen one flying with a lizard or snake in its beak, they drop them from great height to kill their prey.

And yes they are very loud

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #5786
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Does anyone use "Skype"?
Does it cost to use Skype or is it free of cost?
Old 12-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #5787
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenscraft View Post
We don't hear the Kookaburras in the morning, but we do hear them during the day, sometimes I think the laugh and carry on when they have caught and eaten dinner...... they are wonderful hunting birds and I have seen one flying with a lizard or snake in its beak, they drop them from great height to kill their prey.

And yes they are very loud
The song I learned about those birds when I was in Elementary school said "Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh" and when I heard them at a zoo the noise I heard wasn't a laughing noise. I remembered hearing them & they were SO loud!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #5788
Stazon Splitcoast

Janet...Skype has a free version...you can video call or just call someone else on Skype and it will not cost. There is a paid version where you can conference call

Fall in the Forest

Move More Eat Well JumpStart
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 12-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #5789
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
The song I learned about those birds when I was in Elementary school said "Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh" and when I heard them at a zoo the noise I heard wasn't a laughing noise. I remembered hearing them & they were SO loud!
You had to learn that silly song too? LOL I thought it was just in my school district!

Last edited by muscrat; 12-20-2012 at 05:27 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #5790
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
You had to learn that silly song too? LOL I thought it was just in my school district! Kooaburra sits in an old gum tree, merry merry king of the bush is he...LOLOL
..."Laugh Kookaburra, laugh Kookaburra,
Kookaburra laugh for me!"

Yes - I learned that song when I was in 1st grade. And there are some days I keep hearing that song in my head, over & over! LOL!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #5791
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Does anyone use "Skype"?
Does it cost to use Skype or is it free of cost?
Janet, I use Skype, free version that you can video call or chat on, with other people who use Skype, you cannot call phone numbers for free, only other members or people on your contact list.

I Skype with my crafting friends and have a ball getting inspiration and learning things, it is such fun

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #5792
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
it is a cackling sound they make, so it is like laughing, they laugh like me..... big and loud belly laughs

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #5793
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
You had to learn that silly song too? LOL I thought it was just in my school district! Kooaburra sits in an old gum tree, merry merry king of the bush is he...LOLOL
and that Kookaburra song has a riff in it that is in Land Downunder and writer had to pay a lot of money for breach of copyright...... do you come from a land downunder......

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #5794
Gabfest Goddess

well I don't know whether to have a nana nap or make a card

nana nap, card..... nana nap, card

no choice really, off to nap, see you later!!!

My Blog and My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #5795
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
and that Kookaburra song has a riff in it that is in Land Downunder and writer had to pay a lot of money for breach of copyright...... do you come from a land downunder......
The song that had that line in it "do you come from the the land downunder?" - I remember hearing that in the late 70s / early 80s. I really like that song.

Just like I remember the song "Southern Cross" (I think Crosby, Stills & Nash sang it) - I remember learning that constellation would help find the direction South (like the Big Dipper finds the North Star to point you North) below the equator. And Australia has the Southern Cross on their flag!
Was there any copyright problem with that song?
Old 12-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #5796
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
well I don't know whether to have a nana nap or make a card

nana nap, card..... nana nap, card

no choice really, off to nap, see you later!!!
Sleep tight!!

I think I'll go work on a sweater....
Old 12-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #5797
Hardware Hotshot

Does anyone know what a weighted blanket is and how to make one?? We have a woman here that has an autistic child that is in desperate need of one and can not afford to buy one. Or do you know someone that no longer uses theirs?
Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #5798
Hardware Hotshot

today I took a nana nap with my GS,little did I know that he didn't sleep and came downstairs, opened up the presents already wraped and messed up the cable tv not to mention climbed onto the counters in the kitchen and got himself some cereal. Little stinker.......Thank goodness my hubby his all the presents for him and the other grandkids so all he opened were the ones for my daughter. They must have been boring to him because he tried hiding them under the couch. But he put the wrapping paper in the garbage. I taught him well how to pick up after himself. LOLOL

Ok, so if you know I don't have your address, please PM me with it.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #5799
Proud Fan Club Member

Donna found this for you, hope it helps,

How to Make a Weighted Blanket | eHow.com

These look comfortable, might make one for me, LOL! Good luck with this blanket.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #5800
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you Susan, although I don't know the first thing about sewing I did post the site to my FB page. I am trying to get donations to make these blankets for kids with these disorders. We will see how it goes. I have a couple people that will m ake them if they can get the materials needed. They can not afford to buy it all and then give it away for free, which I can understand. so I am going to try and start a donation type thing. Wish me luck.
Closed Thread