Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #2041
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning All.

Updating you with the start of Round 4. Technical Difficulites continue and a decision has been made to delay Round 4 until next week.

Dani asked me to tell you that she's very sorry. Her Internet is completely down. A repairman has been called. Hopefully, she will be connected again very soon!

In the meantime, for this week, you could do one of the following:

A good chance to create for a letter you missed!
B creative and repeat a letter you really enjoyed!
C what you can do combining letters!

It's as easy as A B C.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #2042
Hardware Hotshot

Good Morning all.
I am looking at a completely clear sky this morning. The first we have had in 6 weeks the radio says..
I wondered where Dani had gone, so now we know. Thanks Diane for giving us a chance to catch up....I still do not have my camera so will have to wait to post until next week.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #2043
Stazon Splitcoast

Marion -

Next week is just fine. Hope you get your camera back or get a new one very soon.
Maybe you'll get a new one for your birthday! Well, that's not for quite some time.

Everyone -

Speaking of birthdays.... I can't remember... oh dear!......I don't recall.... did we acknowledge Lauren's birthday in June? That was pre-vacation, so I'm relying on all of you to remember.

Also, speaking of birthdays ..... Dani's birthday is coming up on July 17th!

Let's have a birthday card making party!! One for Lauren and one for Dani. Any letter of your choice!

How does that sound?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #2044
Hardware Hotshot

O my I should take more heed to birthdays... I am always late getting them out but to send one to Lauren it takes so long to get there,,lol... but I will anyway... I do have a list, some months have a few to send but have not added the SCS bunch... I guess you get them from their profiles... Will have to check that out.
My camera I loaned out to my DD for their holiday and they will be home on Sat.
Lauren - hope you had a great day..
Old 07-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #2045
Stazon Splitcoast

Marion - I have a birthday list for the ABC challenge. I'll send it to you on a PM. Lauren's birthday was in June. (opps!) So, we're all late. Oh dear!

My brain took a vacation before we went as a family. Any birthdays I know of in April, May or June were completely overlooked. I totally forgot that people have birthdays! Tee-hee.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #2046
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCinkit View Post
Marion -

Next week is just fine. Hope you get your camera back or get a new one very soon.
Maybe you'll get a new one for your birthday! Well, that's not for quite some time.

Everyone -

Speaking of birthdays.... I can't remember... oh dear!......I don't recall.... did we acknowledge Lauren's birthday in June? That was pre-vacation, so I'm relying on all of you to remember.

Also, speaking of birthdays ..... Dani's birthday is coming up on July 17th!

Let's have a birthday card making party!! One for Lauren and one for Dani. Any letter of your choice!

How does that sound?
I sent Lauren's out a month early because it takes a while to get there. I haven't heard anything, but I am assuming she would have gotten it on time... Lauren's birthday is on my anniversary so I couldn't forget! Still lots of time for Dani's but I had better hop to it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #2047
Stazon Splitcoast

Good for you Kathy! You are on the ball with birthdays. I'm sure she got it and loved receiving such happy mail. I'm glad someone was thinking.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #2048
Hardware Hotshot

Good mornin' Good mornin' -- there was a song that started that way was there not????
Hope you all have a great day
Old 07-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #2049
Stazon Splitcoast

It is a song from Singin' in the Rain with Debbie Reyonlds.

Now, I hear the tune in my head, but it's a fun, lively tune.

Good morning to you!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #2050
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi....I melted...don't know how I will survive the rest of it....sheesh!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #2051
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies, I am so so sorry. I went on vacation and forgot my laptop. Then when I get home my dogsitter had to stay a few extra days because her car broke down. Then my best friend ended up moving in with Ron and I. Then when I finally had time to breathe and get my butt out here we lost our internet. And of course Ron wouldn't call the internet provider until he made dang nab sure he couldn't fix the problem. Go figure we ended up calling them. I am very very very upset because I was so excited about starting the 4th round on July 4th. Grrr..So we will be starting round 4 on July 11. Things are gonna be a little different just to add some fun. However, I am not going to share this info until Wed. hehe....Now can someone help me because ever since they messed with my internet my font is so tiny I can barely read it; is there a way to change it so it is bigger? If there isn't I am going to be more blind then I already am. Soooo....how is everyone? I still have to go back and read and look at Z cards. I also have to look at my pm's yet, so if you sent me one please be patient I will reply soon. Well I do hope everyone had a good fourth of July. Today I am throwing a surprise party for my brother Randy. He is 50 so...it's a Nifty Fifty party. I probably won't be on much today however I will stop in tonight and say hey and stuff. Well I am off to look at cards and posts. Can't wait til the 11th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCS Gallery Moderator & Proud Fan Club Member
Old 07-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #2052
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok I read the posts I missed. Sam, you know you are in my prayers hon, and if you need anything you have my number. Lynn, I HATE starting a new med. I hope the side effects go away and this med helps you. I will be praying for you too. Just so y'all know I pray for all y'all. Diane, thank you for the ABC idea while I was sitting here screaming at my computer to work. Also love the Y card. Oh and I still need to post my Z card. So.....I will do that, however there is a story on what this card is so I will put it in another post when I come back on tonight. I have a ton to get done here today before the party starts. Marion, Kathy Lauren and everyone.....HI!!!!!

Last edited by DellsDani; 07-07-2012 at 05:06 AM..
Old 07-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #2053
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Dani! Glad your internet is working again. I feel lost when mine goes down!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #2054
Hardware Hotshot

Good to see you back Dani. Sorry I can't help with the bigger letter thing but I am sure some one can.. Hi to everyone.. Z card will be posted later.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #2055
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Dani, I'm glad to see you around the Alphabet Challenge! Also, I'm glad to know your internet is up & running for you! We look forward to Round 4 of the Alphabet Challenge on the 11th. Woo, hoo!

Good Morning Marion! I love reading your sweet morning postings.

My Letter Z is also coming later. I'm off shopping with my DDs. Summer Break. Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #2056
Hardware Hotshot

G Morning everyone..Will be warm day for sure .It is 27 already and only 8AM.. That is about 80 for you southern folks.. We do not have the high humidity that you get though.You just had to share, Didn't you?????
Old 07-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #2057
Stazon Splitcoast

Marion ~ Hello! Hope you're getting through the warm day. It's been 100 degrees here with a touch more humidity than we're used to having. Heck, one drop of humidity is more than we're used to having around here. LOL

Dani ~ How did the nifty fifty party go? It probably went late and you were tired I'm sure. IT's a lot of work to host a party. Relax and rest today! Tell us all about it next week.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #2058
Stazon Splitcoast

Helllo my friends. OMGosh the nifty fifty party went awesome!!!! We brought my brother up here; he is about 2 and a half hours away. Which was not only a surprise for Randy but awesome for me too. Jimmy (the brother we brought up) has c/p and doesn't get to travel much. Randy was totally surprised. He got teary eyed when we surprised him with Jimmy. It was GREAT!!!!!!!! There was one bad thing that happened but I handled it. My sister's boyfriend went nuts on his son. His son, Gary, dropped the spoon from the beans onto the floor and after picking it up he went to put it back into the beans. Instead of dad telling him something like "Um Gary let's think about this; do we want to really put that spoon back in the bowl?" He screamed at him "If you put that ****in spoon back in that bowl I will throw you thru that bleepin door. I ought to knock your head in for being so bleepin stupid." Girls I felt so horrible for that boy. His dad did this in front of everyone. So, I walked up and stood between him and his dad and said to dad "First off you will not touch a hair on this boy. Second off, do not ever and I mean ever come into my home and get abusive with anyone!!! Thirdly if I ever find out you put a hand on this child don't think I won't turn you in." And I said all of this in front of everyone. I then told Gary "C'mon Gar I will show you where we can get a clean spoon." and took him upstairs with me. Oh man was I steaming at his dad. Big jerk. But after the party Ron (my hubby) told me to get into the jeep. He told me to leave my phone home, that he wanted to talk and didn't wanted to be interrupted by phones going off. Then he surprised me by taking me to a nice hotel for the rest of the weekend to celebrate my birthday since he won't be home for it. My friend, Dawn, the one that moved in helped him pull it off. She made sure there were clothes and everything already at the hotel. Little sneaks. So this is why I didn't get to come back on and post anything. So...I wll be posting my Z card in a few.
I hope everyone is looking forward to Round 4. Do y'all want me to start a new thread for the new round? Let me know what you think, please. Well I do hope y'all had a great weekend. Big giant huggs!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #2059
Hardware Hotshot

Good Morning.. Nice that your party went well except for the little blurp.. It only takes one to upset the party mood. Good for you to take a stand....
I will go along with whatever is decided about about a new thread... We do need something to just keep us thinking and crafting.. and keeping us chatting and would hate to lose that... I am fairly new to the thread so have enjoyed the challenge for sure
I will post my Z later

Last edited by marney; 07-09-2012 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: need to add
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #2060
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you Marney. I too am going to post my Z card. I know, it's about time. lol....I do have another question of all of you that are going to continue to play the Alphabet Challenge (which I hope is everyone); would you like to keep in ABC order this round? or Would you like to do what we did in round 3 when I would draw a letter each week? Please let me know....we only have today and tomorrow and then round 4 starts. Yay!!!!!!! Ok I know hush and post the card, Dani.

This card was inspired by my brother whom I heard say "When I go fishing I want people to zip their lip." I needed a birthday card for him and I had all the fishing stuff...after hearing him I went and bought the zipper. Hope you like it.

Z=Zipper

Old 07-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #2061
Proud Fan Club Member

Dani's my hero today! Thank you for taking a stand against a bully. That's exactly what that man was to his son. People sit back and let stuff like this happen all the time, but you didn't! Good for you.

I am game for any way you do it. I am hoping to keep up better in the next round.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #2062
Stazon Splitcoast

First off, here's my Letter Z card:

Zany Zoo

I did it! I stamped through the WHOLE alphabet !! It was fun. It challenged me at times and sometimes I was pushed out of my comfort zone. But it was worth it.

Looking forward to Round 4!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #2063
Stazon Splitcoast

Dani ~ You asked for feedback.

We went in letter order in Round 3. When I joined at the end of Round 2, I'm pretty sure that letters were being done in order. I don't know what you did for Round 1. Did you draw letters out of a hat back then? Whatever you want to do is fine with me. Keep them in order or pick a new one each week.

Looking forward to Round 4.

Really cute Letter Z card!! Hugs!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #2064
Hardware Hotshot

Here is my Z card..finally....

Zealous Dancing by marney - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Love the cards so far.... I did mis a couple of the letters in January.. but look forward to starting over and hopfully can keep up.....
Old 07-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #2065
Stazon Splitcoast

Very very nice Marion....Lynn snatches it and runs away gigbling
Old 07-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #2066
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMcrafter View Post
Very very nice Marion....Lynn snatches it and runs away gigbling
How do you gigbling? I want to do it too! LOLOLOL Kathy is now ducking for cover for teasing Lynn!!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #2067
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies, thank you for your nice comments on my Z card. Kathy, thank you. I am so tired of people being abusive to one another, ya know? Marney, what an awesome job you did on your Z card. It's just fantastic!!!! Diane, you did do it!!!! A thru Z !!!! Congrats!!!! Looking forward to round 4. And Lynn, are you going to start round 4 in the naughty corner??? Be a good girl and give back the card. Sure hope Diane doesn't notice hers missing. Ladies, I can not thank you enough for participating in round 3. Y'all have been wonderful friends not only to me but to each other as well. Diane, you stepped in when I really needed the help and I can not thank you enough. You ladies are THE BEST!!!!! I can't wait for the fun we shall have in round 4. And I look forward to seeing how many new folks get corrupted by our Chief. THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!!!! I love each and every one you. BIG HUGGS!!!!

Well I will tell you what, I will surprise you Wednesday. Either the letter will be A or it will be which ever letter I draw. Only this time I think if I draw letters I am going to do it a little different. I think I will have y'all involved in the drawing. In other words, I will send one of you the letters we have to work with for the week and you will pick the week's letter. Hmm...I will have to think on this. Y'all have a great night!!

Old 07-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #2068
Stazon Splitcoast

G'morning everyone. How are y'all doing today? Is everyone ready for tomorrow? Woohoo round 4 is a coming. There are going to be new things to look forward to in round 4 so make sure you tune in to the Alphabet Challenge (round 4) thread tomorrow.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #2069
Hardware Hotshot

Good morning.. everyone.. waiting for the NEW posting Dani, To day i hope to get caught up in my card making AND find my craft table.. It is in there somewhere I am sure.. when I do a few cards at a time I get in such a mess... so today is the day.. Maybe I should vacuum too, I have bits of paper out in the hallway lol...
Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #2070
Stazon Splitcoast

Marney, my craftroom used to be like that. However, I now only allow myself one card at a time. Unless I am making several of the same card. Then I just set up a little assembly line. I am glad to hear you are excited about round 4. I have some awesome things happening this round. I feel after going MIA on y'all like I did, I owe y'all. BIG time. So, I hope to make it up to y'all by having lots of fun this round. I'm thinking even prizes...hmmm....just thinking is all. Or maybe surPRIZES, those are prizes that you don't even know you've won. Oooh I can't wait to get started. I'm trying to decide if I should post a card right away when I post the weekly letter, or should I wait until people have started on theirs? I always ask this at the beginning of the round. I think posting it when I post the weekly letter is best. What do you think?

Old 07-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #2071
Hardware Hotshot

Always like to see your cards and sometimes that is all we need to get us started.....But don't want to make you feel pressured about getting one done....All you sounds exciting so am waiting to see what is coming.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 AM   #2072
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies, I just wanted to let you know I am here. I am putting the finishing touches on my practice sheet and once I get it all looking and sounding good I will be posting Round 4 of the Alphabet Challenge. So hang in there....its-a-comin TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #2073
Stazon Splitcoast

Looking forward to it.

Ladies ~ I don't know what Dani's up to, but it must be something good.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #2074
Proud Fan Club Member

lurking and waiting!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #2075
Hardware Hotshot

Ummmmmm It must be something good.......
Old 07-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #2076
Stazon Splitcoast

Cool

I hope you find that it was worth the wait. I still have to post my card...however...I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer...soooooo........below find the link to ROUND 4 of the Alphabet Challenge.

ALPHABET CHALLENGE ROUND 4

Old 07-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #2077
Stazon Splitcoast

Lynn is lurking on the naughty step andgiggling with Kathy!!! I am such a silly old fart!!!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #2078
Stazon Splitcoast

If you ended up in this thread please click on the Alphabet Challenge link in my siggy line. This will bring you to the current round of the Alphabet Challenge. Thanks.....Don't mind Lynn sittin in the naught spot...she's always there. I just have to make sure I don't forget she is there. lol