Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #161
Cardstock Collector

Smile Please sign me up for the All-Occasion Challenge :o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
ALL OCCASION CARD CHALLENGE

How many times have you started your day with, ‘today is______ ‘s birthday. I wish I’d remembered to send a card.’ Or are you scrambling last minute to ‘just get one made’?

With the All Occasion Card Challenge, you can put all that behind you!
Each month… around the 20th, we’ll remind you to look at your card recipient list for the COMING MONTH. That will give you time to begin making your cards. On the first of the CURRENT MONTH we’ll ask if you’ve finished your cards and mailed any that should go postal.

Remember: with postal changes, mail is going to take a bit longer. Mailing within the first week of the month will help insure they have their card in plenty of time to enjoy it.
Obviously, if their occasion is within that first week, you’ll want to mail earlier. I’ll try to remember to post a mailing reminder the final week of the month for those.

CHALLENGES:
There will be a challenge posted twice a month. You may use the challenge, or not, in your card designs. They are just to get the mojo going.

POSTING YOUR CARDS:
Because this is a challenge group, it is encouraged that you post a picture of your card within the thread (using THUMBNAIL only please) or a link to your gallery where everyone can leave you LOVE. If you need help with this, please PM me for assistance.

PRIZES:
There will be prizes each month.
I will compile a list from the group each month (between the 1st and last day of the month) of those posting pics/ links for an All Occasion Image pack.

This means, when you sign up I will PM you for an address. As soon as your name is drawn, your envelope can go in the mail. Your address will NOT be shared with anyone except the 2 moderators and whomever is responsible for sending out the prize pack.

If you have any questions at all, please PM rollyfan and myself right away so we can help.

We're here to help you by offering:

Challenges
Reminders
Friendly chatter

Come join the fun!
Hi, Kelly,
Please sign me up for the All Occasion challenge. I need about 12-18 birthday cards each a year, which I will split up over the months so I'm not twiddling my thumbs one month and scrambling, the next. I also need a couple of Father's Day cards, three Mother's Day cards, one Valentine's Day cards and a few Easter cards. I will need to make two Graduation cards and who knows what else will come up. So my goal is to make about three cards a month...four, if I can manage it along with my Christmas card 2012 Challenge. This is such a great idea!! Thanks, so much!! Happy New Year!! Gloria Globug Ideas | Hand-crafted greeting cards
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #162
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

Happy 92nd Great Aunt Alta by vikkijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Aunt Alta's card is finished.. now how in the world do I mail this one! LOL
Old 01-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #163

Default January 1 Challenge:

Quote:
Remember: You can use these challenges for ANY month you need a little boost of inspiration.

January 1 Challenge:

New Years Day always means a bright shiny start to a new year. So your Challenge is to use...

BLING!

Some suggestions:
glitter - try glittering a piece of floral wire or even a twisty from the bread sack! Stamp an image, cut it out, paint with glue and add glitter... any shape is just waiting for glitter!

gemstones - any color/ shape/ size make great flower centers, accenting swirls

Silver/ Gold Chenille stems or wired Christmas ribbon

Stickles! Outline a stamped shape, color in part of an image or just a few well-placed dots.

And if you've not seen the book Delight in the Details I highly recommend it. And although I can't picture a Kindle version doing this book justice, if you'd like to check it out first... the 'borrowed' Kindle edition is FREE to Amazon Prime Members.
I need to do something special for my sister Teresa's b'day the 15th.. a wrapped white chocolate bar.. I gotta beable to bling that up!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #164

Happy B'day Teresa by vikkijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Blinged postage for my sister!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #165
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's card #2 for January. I didn't have the right kind of bling for this so left it off.

Dragon Birthday by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #166
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiejane929 View Post
Seems like more and more states are not teaching cursive writing in the schools. My son had multiple choice on his spelling tests until I protested!
Holy cow!!! Multiple choice spelling tests? And I thought OUR schools were crazy...

I guess I can see one or two questions that way just as proofreading practice, but not the whole stinkin' test.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #167
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Hey Sheri - thanks for asking.
January - KEYWORD: AOCC12A

I'll be posting the challenges here and January's going up in a minute. Managed to get a cold for New Years Eve and slept til almost 10 this morning. A little behind already ::: sigh :::
Hi there! Could you please post this keyword on the first post please? So we don't have to look through the several pages to find it?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #168
Kookie Creator

Here's my entry for the bling challenge. I hope I used the correct keyword?
MFTWSC15, AOCC12A by pixxiewacorgi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #169
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixxiewacorgi View Post
Hi there! Could you please post this keyword on the first post please? So we don't have to look through the several pages to find it?
You will find the KEYWORD on Post #10 with the Challenge Sign-up list.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #170
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Okay, help me understand please. The January 1 challenge to use bling is for our February cards, right? I thought we were supposed to have our January cards done by 12/31. If I'm confused (highly likely) let me know. Thanks.

Also, the keyword AOCC12A - is that for the cards we're sending in January - or for the cards we're making in January to send in Feb.?
LOL Confusion totally understandable Val.

Hope this will help.

Challenges have nothing to do with the cards you sending out - or maybe everything to do with it! LOL

Challenges are just to jumpstart your muse and get the creative juices flowing. You may choose to use them or not... entirely up to you.

As to the cards... If you have your January cards made, feel free to look ahead to your February. Though I won't be posting the 'look at your february list' until around the 18th of this month.

Not to confuse. The point is to be AWARE of what you have coming up and being Prepared ahead of time so you aren't scrambling at the last minute.

Does that help? I'm still under cold medicine infusion so I offer no guarantees hehe
Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #171
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria Sauve View Post
Hi, Kelly,
Please sign me up for the All Occasion challenge. I need about 12-18 birthday cards each a year, which I will split up over the months so I'm not twiddling my thumbs one month and scrambling, the next. I also need a couple of Father's Day cards, three Mother's Day cards, one Valentine's Day cards and a few Easter cards. I will need to make two Graduation cards and who knows what else will come up. So my goal is to make about three cards a month...four, if I can manage it along with my Christmas card 2012 Challenge. This is such a great idea!! Thanks, so much!! Happy New Year!! Gloria Globug Ideas | Hand-crafted greeting cards
I've added you to the lists, Gloria. Thanks for mentioning some of those other occasions we might not have thought about.

Yep, as part of your January cards, you might be thinking ahead to Valentine's Day if you have any to mail as that comes early in the month.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #172
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkijo View Post
Happy 92nd Great Aunt Alta by vikkijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Aunt Alta's card is finished.. now how in the world do I mail this one! LOL
Left Love!

For mailing cards with bulk embellishments, check out Carla's tutorial here.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #173
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my first upload of 2012! Had to get this in the mail for January 8th! I have two more birthdays in January- the 12th and 20th, so have to get those done too! I have had company for 7 days and been very busy! Now back to real life! As soon as I get tree and decorations down. Then, tearing down craft room, to paint and get new cabinets. So have to get these cards done before then!

Guitar man

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 61/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: -$19.25
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #174
Stazon Splitcoast

What is the correct key for this gallery? I put in the AOCC12, but three of the gallery are in AOCC12A

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 01-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #175
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
What is the correct key for this gallery? I put in the AOCC12, but three of the gallery are in AOCC12A

Sharon
When I typed it in, Sharon, I got 4 cards with that keyword. One of them was yours. The other three were ones already posted here. I think we're okay.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #176
Kookie Creator

Agh, thanks for clearing that up! I see now- the post is a bit more down on the list.
If you'd like I can donate my post #3 for listings and stuff. Just let me know what you want me to copy/paste. I see now why some thread starters reserve the first few posts!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #177
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntangie View Post
My first thought was how are they ever going to learn to have a "signiture" for legal documents if they don't know cursive.

How did they think students would actually learn to spell if they had multiple choice?
This is an actual real concern, my son is 15 and has his first real job ( take the check to the bank kind) and so practicing a signature has been not really something he "wants" to do, so I have not given him his actual ss card because, his signature needs some work
Old 01-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #178
Stazon Splitcoast

Whew! I got another card made for Jan. It doesn't have to be mailed for a week. But it is done. Sorry for the shadows on the photo. I took it outside, it is so beautiful out!
Here is DDs 40th.
My craft room is now all moved over into family room, and my craft room is waiting to be painted! I have to choose a color, and I hate it that the color on the chip is never the color it is when you get it on the wall!

Am I supposed to make a certain amount of cards each month for this challenge, because if not, I will use cards out of my stash for rest of January.

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 01-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #179
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixxiewacorgi View Post
Agh, thanks for clearing that up! I see now- the post is a bit more down on the list.
If you'd like I can donate my post #3 for listings and stuff. Just let me know what you want me to copy/paste. I see now why some thread starters reserve the first few posts!
We're good. I try to put those things on 'easy-to-remember' post numbers and periodically I post a reminder that the master challenge list can be found on Post #... and include link.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #180
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Whew! I got another card made for Jan. It doesn't have to be mailed for a week. But it is done. Sorry for the shadows on the photo. I took it outside, it is so beautiful out!
Here is DDs 40th.
My craft room is now all moved over into family room, and my craft room is waiting to be painted! I have to choose a color, and I hate it that the color on the chip is never the color it is when you get it on the wall!

Am I supposed to make a certain amount of cards each month for this challenge, because if not, I will use cards out of my stash for rest of January.

Sharon
No set numbers, Sharon. Just whatever you need to do. So if you have some in your stash you can use for January, go ahead. And if you have time, maybe take a peek at your Feb to see if there's anything you need that first week. But no rush

I have my dayplanner marked all the way through to the end of the year on what days I'll post reminders to be looking ahead to the next month... usually around the 18-21st area.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #181
Stazon Splitcoast

Now that I'm on the downhill side of this cold, maybe I can look at my January. Goddess, I hate being sick. So not how I wanted to start out the new year. Just hoping it's behind me for awhile so I can get on track
Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #182
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Now that I'm on the downhill side of this cold, maybe I can look at my January. Goddess, I hate being sick. So not how I wanted to start out the new year. Just hoping it's behind me for awhile so I can get on track

Kelly - so glad you are feeling better!!!!

I've made quite a few cards (the last week of Dec and the few days so far of January)....but haven't yet been able to take pics....I'm hoping to get to that tomorrow!!!!

SCS BRAK Volunteer
Old 01-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #183
Matboard Maniac

I send cards to all my friends and the cast of my favourite show and I even sometimes get a thank you card back from them

I never send hand made cards to my father's relatives.

My Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...php?uid=261681
Old 01-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #184
Forum Fanatic

Here's a birthday card I made for a niece whose birthday is in January:

Birthday Butterfly

I have a question. Will we have separate monthly forums for the All Occasion Challenge like we do for the Christmas Card Challenge? It would save this forum from becoming enormous!

My gallery is here should you care to look!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #185
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my 1 card that I need for January - Birthday Sailboats by Suzanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #186
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm having a hard time getting into the mood for stamping. I'm glad I got a couple birthday cards made for January. I did accomplish 4 Christmas cards today but they were so quick and easy. I guess I have so many ideas, I'm feeling overwhelmed. Unfortunately, all my ideas are for Christmas cards. Do you think everyone would like a Christmas card for their birthdays? That sure would be different for the summer birthdays.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #187
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanbri View Post
Here's a birthday card I made for a niece whose birthday is in January:

Birthday Butterfly

I have a question. Will we have separate monthly forums for the All Occasion Challenge like we do for the Christmas Card Challenge? It would save this forum from becoming enormous!

Very cute card! Left you some love!

SCS BRAK Volunteer
Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #188
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post

Your brother is sure to love this card!!!

SCS BRAK Volunteer
Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #189
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's card #3 for January: HB Francine 2012 by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #190
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyDeb View Post
I send cards to all my friends and the cast of my favourite show and I even sometimes get a thank you card back from them

I never send hand made cards to my father's relatives.
Celebrity cards - How neat Deb!

I sense a story about your father's relatives. I have 3 cousins who are sisters who stopped communicating with me almost 8 years ago. I send them Christmas cards, but this year 2 of them came back with bad addresses. I felt okay as long as I knew where they were. I hope the 3rd sister will give me some updates.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #191
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post

Debbie - very nice card!

SCS BRAK Volunteer
Old 01-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #192
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
I'm having a hard time getting into the mood for stamping. I'm glad I got a couple birthday cards made for January. I did accomplish 4 Christmas cards today but they were so quick and easy. I guess I have so many ideas, I'm feeling overwhelmed. Unfortunately, all my ideas are for Christmas cards. Do you think everyone would like a Christmas card for their birthdays? That sure would be different for the summer birthdays.
Hmmm...you could always DESIGN them as Christmas cards and then just pop in a different image and maybe change up one color. Nothing wrong with red and white for a b-day card, right?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #193
Stazon Splitcoast

Great cards everyone. I left love in the gallery for all of you. I have painted my craft room "yellow". And wow is it yellow. My room is lighter now than when it was white.
We are in process of putting everything back, and next week will go get some more banks of drawers and 8 more feet of cabinet top! I am trying to get rid of some of my stuff, but it is hard. I am such a hoarder.
Kelly, I hope you are feeling better.

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #194
Hardware Hotshot

Hey, Kelly.... I have a request and a question!!!

On the challenge post (#10), where you list the hostess and the keyword, would you please add a note about where to find the challenge??? For instance, for your Jan 1 BLING challenge, it is in post #155.

My question is, when we post our challenge(s), do we only put it here in the AOCC master thread, or do we start a new thread for the new challenge like we would for VSN?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #195
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Great cards everyone. I left love in the gallery for all of you. I have painted my craft room "yellow". And wow is it yellow. My room is lighter now than when it was white.
We are in process of putting everything back, and next week will go get some more banks of drawers and 8 more feet of cabinet top! I am trying to get rid of some of my stuff, but it is hard. I am such a hoarder.
Kelly, I hope you are feeling better.

Sharon
Do we get to see it???
Old 01-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #196
Matboard Maniac

I've made my two girlie cards for January, they are both the same.

I hope you like them.

Let's Party...It's your Birthday by SydneyDeb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

The little cocktail glass is a charm and the star is actually a paperclip.

My Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...php?uid=261681
Old 01-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #197
Inking Addict

I have done my first card for this month's All Occasion Card Challenge. I needed several Birthday cards for this month so this is my first one. Thanks for taking a look at it and helping me get motivated.
Happiness Is
Old 01-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #198
Quacker Stamper

OK! I need this. Sign me up!!!!!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 01-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #199
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
OK! I need this. Sign me up!!!!!
Oh glad to see you here! This is going to be so much fun this year!

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Old 01-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #200
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Do we get to see it???
When I get it done, I will upload photos and put a link here. My cabinets are going to be unfinished and I don't want to take the time to finish them right now, because I wan't to get back to crafting, so won't be gorgeous like some I have seen on SCS, but at least I will have lots of space! Right now, I can't do anything, because all my stuff is all over the place! I want to get those cabinets so I can start reorganizing.

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member