Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #761
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina will be posting the Oct. 1 challenge here on Monday.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #762
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry Kelly I thought maybe I was imagining things, sometimes I get involved in a few challenges and I make a card and then cant remember where I saw the thread!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #763
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Yes, we already did this challenge but Debbie had posted it in the Sept. thread. I posted it here in the main thread so all the challenge posts for the Master List would be in this thread. People wouldn't have to hop all over the threads to get to challenges.
I was going to post the challenge here, too, but got sidetracked. It was a crazy month. I'm so glad things have settled down some around here.

Kelly, one of the reasons we moved back to MT was because of the mountanins. We have a small range of mountains just 20 miles from me. We grew up calling them the hills. Living in flat, corn country for 10 years made those mountains look bige when we firs moved back here. The Rocky Mountains are about 2.5 hours from me. Lots of mountain ranges scattered around the state.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #764
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie, I love mountains! But I enjoy our rolling countryside too. The highest hills we have around here are about 300 feet, and when you go 1 1/2 hours north of here there is the highest part of the Niagara escarpment, which is about 900 feet. They have a nice ski hill there. But I mostly ski at our local ski hills......300 feet is pretty tame, but it's close by and still a lot of fun.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #765
Pearl-ExPert

We have had a day of torrential rain yesterday, I think eight people have died in the region yesterday, on our urbanisation the bridge has collapsed so people living at the other end can't Get out by car, we have no bus service either, at the moment they are pushing a road through the other end so people can get out, two motorways are closed in the region as bridges have collapsed, we haven't had any rain since the beginning of may and the ground can't cope as its rock hard, they don't have drainage here as in other countries, pretty unbelievable I know but as our sons says it's like a third world country in a lot of ways. Well tomorrow for football my DH is organising for anyone with room in their car to go to the bridge and collect anyone who needs a life, at the moment the police are allowing people to walk across. Today warm and sunny again thank goodness.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #766
Stazon Splitcoast

Incredible! So sorry to hear about the loss of life. I do forget that Spain is almost a third world country, as I always thought of it as a resort country....Many of my relatives vacation there and have had villas there too. Good for your husband to help out the sports fans....it will get their minds off their troubles for a couple of hours.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #767
Pearl-ExPert

It's very sad, apparently a town about an hour away looks like a tidal wave has swept through, cars are buried in mud and are being towed out, the problem is that on the coast the dry rivers get all the water from the mountains rushing down, our little rambla has only ever had water in it three times in ten years, this time it took the bridge.
Let's hope our team win tomorrow to cheer everyone up.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #768
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
I was going to post the challenge here, too, but got sidetracked. It was a crazy month. I'm so glad things have settled down some around here.

Kelly, one of the reasons we moved back to MT was because of the mountanins. We have a small range of mountains just 20 miles from me. We grew up calling them the hills. Living in flat, corn country for 10 years made those mountains look bige when we firs moved back here. The Rocky Mountains are about 2.5 hours from me. Lots of mountain ranges scattered around the state.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Ozarks, but I was born and raised in the foothills of the Rockies until I was 15. There were even things to like about IL - very similar to NE - but I'm a mountain girl. Though now I don't know if I could handle the altitude hehe
Old 09-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #769
Stazon Splitcoast

that's horrible, Jan. It's just been a really bizarre year for drought then flooding.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #770
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
Debbie, I love mountains! But I enjoy our rolling countryside too. The highest hills we have around here are about 300 feet, and when you go 1 1/2 hours north of here there is the highest part of the Niagara escarpment, which is about 900 feet. They have a nice ski hill there. But I mostly ski at our local ski hills......300 feet is pretty tame, but it's close by and still a lot of fun.
Ina, I live on the plains, but mountains are within minutes or hours from us, depending on where you want to go. I don't ski, but we do have a small ski bowl in the mountains just south of us. It's pretty tame, too.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #771
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, that is so sad. Like Kelly said, the weather all around the world has been crazy this year. We've had a lot of flooding around the state this spring. We've had lots of fires across the state all summer long. Lately we have two seasons: winter and fire season. It looks like the major fires are finally out.

Kelly, I never did make it to the Ozarks while living in NE. For some reason, I could never get DH to make a trip there. It wasn't like it was days away. But we rarely got time off together to make any weekend trips, and when we did, it was right after he got hurt on the job and travelling anywhere was uncomfortable for him. He got a neck injury which, luckily, didn't kill him or paralyze him. Along with that and a lot of torn soft tissue, which to this day still hurts him a lot, he had to retire from his job on a disabiltiy. Now with all his heart and lung problems, travelling is a real pain.

Sitting here is not getting anything done. I have lots of cards I need/want to make, not to mention all the laundry and housework that needs to be done and today is my only real day off this week. Have to work my normal day off tomorrow and Tuesday is another out-of-town trip to the doctor. However, this trip will leave us with a little shopping time.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #772
Pearl-ExPert

Well, football was cancelled as the team couldn't make it from their village due to roads being impassable, my DH had organised with the president of our supporters club to meet with cars at this side of the bridge to ferry people into town for the match, the council have made a makeshift road but it's not very stable but at least people can get out now.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:57 AM   #773
Stazon Splitcoast

Default AOCC12S

It's Monday.....time for the challenge AOCC12S
In this area of the country, farmers are harvesting their corn and soybean crops and it will be Canadian Thanksgiving this coming weekend. So lets show appreciation to the farmers by using farm themed images and scenes! Anything farm related will be great!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #774
Stazon Splitcoast

I have 8 birthdays within the first 12 days of this month....two have already been sent/given, as their birthdays were yesterday. I have to have an ultrasound this morning, but when I get home, I will post my cards.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #775
Stazon Splitcoast

I only have 3 birthday cards to make this month. I just haven't had the desire to make cards lately. I don't know why. Usually, I like to spend my days off doing nothing but make cards. Maybe it's the change of the seasons. Or the fact that I don't want to clean off my desk to give me more room to work on. Or the interruptions every time I get started. I don't know what I'd do if I had kids around. Hope you all have a wonderful week.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #776
Stazon Splitcoast

Default And the September WINNER is.....

GREYWOLF!!!! -

Val, you've won the drawing this month. I'll get an envelope out to you on Saturday.

Congratulations!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #777
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats, Val.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #778
Pearl-ExPert

Congratulations Val.

I only have one birthday card for our grandson, three Halloween and my new grandson card to make.
The baby is being delivered Nov 2nd but I need the card ready so I can post it as soon as we get the news he's arrived.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #779
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow AOCC12 - Challenge

Ha! Bet you thought I forgot. Well, almost. I just got home late last night from a very long and stressful weekend at a writers conference. Some up, some downs and a few melancholy tears.

And enough tears to inspire this challenge

Make a Thinking of You card and SEND IT. We all need those little pick-me-ups, even when we don't realize it until we've opened the card.

USE: The colors of FALL but make sure one of those is reminiscent of the Bright Yellow leaves of the Maple tree. Spread a little sunshine

KEYWORD: AOCC12T
Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #780
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi! I've been missing for a while. Been busy with some projects for work. My Cameo has been getting a little workout. It sure beats cutting shapes and letters out by hand. I haven't been stamping lately, either. It seems that every time I head for my room, I get caught up with something else that needs to be done. I am behind on all my cards.

I spent part of my 3-day weekend helping my boss move. My wonderful DH helped by driving his truck. He can't do any heavy lifting, but we had a couple guys who did all that. I took one load in my van and ended up having to park it at home. It looked like the water pump went out, but ended up being a cracked hose. I spent another day sorting out the medical bills. I think I got everyone straightened out now. The day DH had his nose operated on cost almost $20,000 between the surgery and the ER visit. Thank God for medicare. It looks like we'll only have to pay around $400. That doesn't include the expenses of the trip itself. This has just been a crazy year.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #781
Pearl-ExPert

We are so thankful that we live in Europe, the cost of DH's triple heart bypass was 2 million dollars, paid by our travel insurance, we paid 1,000 dollars for one months medication.
Here in Spain they have just said we have to pay 10% of prescription charges, it now costs €8.50 per month for my DH, apparently the amount of people going to see the doctors has dramatically reduced, funny that!
We have an hours drive to the hospital but luckily it's only every six months now, we are so thankful that DH is recovering, slowly, but it's all good news.
Hope your DH is feeling much better now Debbie, makes you so thankful doesn't it.

Last edited by jan31; 10-16-2012 at 10:10 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #782
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Jan. I didn't think bypass surgery was that expensive. I don't think my dad paid that much when he had seven bypasses. Of course, that was a few years ago.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #783
Pearl-ExPert

You know the ambulance ride, eight minutes cost $2640, a half an hour visit by the consultant who my husband never met!! $1,000, all adds up, we are so grateful that our new yearly insurance has only cost €125 for the year for both of us but €259 extra for DH, I was so excited that we have booked to go to San Francisco for Christmas this year but I am apprehensive after what happened last year but so excited that we will get to meet our new grandson who is due in three weeks.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #784
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! I am so happy I live in Canada....all those expenses would be covered, except a surcharge for the ambulance ride (usually around $75) and our province also has a medical surcharge, the cost of which is pro-rated on how much you earn. It was $750 for me when I was working, but it will be much less, now that I am retired.
Jan, you are getting really cheap health insurance over there in Spain.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #785
Pearl-ExPert

We are really lucky, the yearly insurance is only our travel insurance not for any medical treatment here, all we pay is 10% of the prescription costs, it's the dame in England too.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #786
Stazon Splitcoast

Default AOCC12T

This week's technique lovers challenge on Monday TLC399 was so much fun! It took me a few attempts before I got on to it, but after that, I made 5 cards for that challenge. I was able to make one of them into a 'Thinking of you' card for the AOCC12T challenge here and used fall colours and also some yellow.
Still on my mind by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 10-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #787
Polyshrink Goddess

I haven't posted in a long time. I just made 2 Get Well cards.

Papertrey Ink Get Well Cards Camano Card Maker

TFL! Sorry I haven't had a lot of creative energy since my husband passed away in January.

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Old 10-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #788
Stazon Splitcoast

Cindi, your cards are great....I love CAS cards! Sounds like you are having a really rough year. So sorry for the loss of your husband, your pump problems and the illness of your friends. I'm praying that you will find peace.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #789
Stazon Splitcoast

Cindi, I like your cards a lot. So sorry for all of your troubles this year.

I've been so frustrated lately. I haven't had much time to do any stamping. And when I do have the time, I don't have the desire to stamp. Now I have a sinus infection. Maybe this will give me th incentive to get some cards done since I was told to do very little and take it easy.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #790
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been busy making cards. I made 11 shoebox kits for last weekend's gathering in Rochester, and 4 finished cards. I haven't taken a photo of them yet, but I did post two other cards I made. One (the birthday card) was a trial card, so it goes into my stash. The other was a card to cheer my friend.
Can't believe it's Martha! by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Birthday trial by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 10-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #791
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose46 View Post
I've been busy making cards. I made 11 shoebox kits for last weekend's gathering in Rochester, and 4 finished cards. I haven't taken a photo of them yet, but I did post two other cards I made. One (the birthday card) was a trial card, so it goes into my stash. The other was a card to cheer my friend.
Can't believe it's Martha! by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Birthday trial by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Beautiful cards Ina! Thank you for mine!
I have to get busy. I have a 3 birthdays and a sympathy card to send this week! One of the birthdays is already done, though. It will seem strange after a month to get back in my craft room. I will have to look for the challenges.

Sharon
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 113/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +94.37
Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #792
Stazon Splitcoast

I just realized it is getting close to the beginning of another month and looked at my November calendar. I have one anniversary card and 7 birthdays for the month, 4 of whom are males. So I'd better get busy!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #793
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, I've just received my prize package today, thank you so much for all the lovely bits and pieces, I was beginning to think it had been lost in the post so I was very pleased when I opened the mailbox this morning.

I am a little ahead of myself for November, I only have a couple of birthday cards which are finished but I haven't had time to uploads them, our son came over for a five day visit and we are away tomorrow for three days. I have my baby grandson card ready to post , the doctor said he might arrive early but no news yet, Jennie is scheduled for a C section on Friday lunchtime so were getting very excited.

Aren't you expecting a new grandson soon too Ina?
Old 10-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #794
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, my grandson is due in two weeks, but you just never know when he will arrive! Jan, I wish you a very happy birthday and enjoy your time away!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #795
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls.

MIA me again. But if you knew what I had going on right now, some of you might understand my distraction
Old 10-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #796
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
Hi! I've been missing for a while. Been busy with some projects for work. My Cameo has been getting a little workout. It sure beats cutting shapes and letters out by hand. I haven't been stamping lately, either. It seems that every time I head for my room, I get caught up with something else that needs to be done. I am behind on all my cards.

I spent part of my 3-day weekend helping my boss move. My wonderful DH helped by driving his truck. He can't do any heavy lifting, but we had a couple guys who did all that. I took one load in my van and ended up having to park it at home. It looked like the water pump went out, but ended up being a cracked hose. I spent another day sorting out the medical bills. I think I got everyone straightened out now. The day DH had his nose operated on cost almost $20,000 between the surgery and the ER visit. Thank God for medicare. It looks like we'll only have to pay around $400. That doesn't include the expenses of the trip itself. This has just been a crazy year.
I agree on the crazy year. Though I do have to say mine has definitely been up. Wish I could have sent you some of the same.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #797
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseygal View Post
I haven't posted in a long time. I just made 2 Get Well cards.

TFL! Sorry I haven't had a lot of creative energy since my husband passed away in January.
Good to see you creating again. I know it's going to be a long road back. Know we're thinking of you.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #798
Stazon Splitcoast

Good news from DH's pulmunologist today. No change in his echocardiogram and he doesn't have to see him for 6 months. We were getting tired of making that trip every 3 months. And he doesn't have to see his cardiologist for a year; he makes the trip here instead of us going there. Nice break for him for a while. The goal all these years has been to keep him from backsliding and it looks like it's working. But it is nice knowing his doctors want to keep an eye on him. It's too bad 2 of them are over 100 miles away.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #799
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly, hang in there and keep your priorities. Priorities are God, family, writing career....and way back in fourth or fifth place are your stamping buddies, and that's the way it should be!
Debbie, I'm so glad to hear the good news about your DH. Just think, in 6 months it will be April...SPRING! I love early fall, with the changing leaves, some rain, some sunshine and beautiful days like we had two of last week, but rain, wind and cold like the past couple of days....not so much! My neighbour wimped out on our walk this morning....still some winds. There were 4 trees down on our route along the cottage road. I managed to get past all of them and pulled a couple of them to the side, so the cars could get by. But I am so thankful that I am not in NewYork, New Jersey, or the the east coast.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #800
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina, I'm glad I'm not the East Coast, either. I am so tired of all the wind we've been getting. It's so not making my allergies go away. Although I'm not looking forward to the cold, I am looking forward to some snow staying on the ground for a few days. I really need somehting to settle all the dust.